Jump to content
    Naptowngirl
  • Author
  • 3,450 Words
  • 3,932 Views
  • 17 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Then Came You... - 5. Chapter 5 Grief Reactions...

strong>Grief is a multi-faceted response to loss, Although conventionally focused on the emotional response to loss, it also has physical, cognitive, behavioral, social, and philosophical dimensions. Death and dealing with it, can cause strange things to happen, sending us into a range of unbridled emotions, some that we can deal with and others we refuse to deal with...

“Hey…” Maxwell furrowed his brows as he stared at his friend. “What’s going on?” He asked as he sidestepped him making his way inside.

“Um…” Drake closed the door behind. “What are you doing here? I’ve been trying to call you.” he stated as he followed Maxwell into the living room.

“Well, I’m here now. What did you want?” Maxwell asked as he turned to face his friend.

“Huh?”

“You said you’ve been calling me.” Maxwell reiterated, “What did you want when you called?”

“Oh yeah.” Drake chuckled ineptly. “I was just checking on you.”

“Oh, I take it Cody isn’t here since you thought it was him at the door?” he said as he glanced around.

“Yeah…” Drake sighed combing his fingers through his hair, “about that…” he said as he walked into the dining room. “I was about to make myself another drink. Want one?”

“Sure.” Maxwell replied as he shrugged off his coat. “What are you having?”

“Brandy.” Drake held up the bottle before pouring a glass.

“Sounds good.”

“Here you go.”

“Looks like you were in the middle of dinner.” Maxwell observed while accepting his glass. He took a small sip as his eyes landed on the tickets. “You going somewhere?” He asked swallowing down his drink.

“Well, I don’t know anymore.” Drake shrugged, “Cody actually got them for the two of us.” he said before downing his glass.

“Wow, deep sea fishing!” Maxwell’s eyes lit up. “You love fishing. When are you two going?” He asked excitedly as his fingers gingerly traced over the tickets.

“Cody wanted us to go next week, but…”

“Cool!” Maxwell exclaimed, “Wait…” he knitted his brows together tightly, “Where did he go? And did this little dinner start out as a dinner for two?”

“We had a little disagreement.” Drake explained through a nervous smile.

“A disagreement?” Maxwell arched his brow skeptically before taking another sip. “What did you do Drake?”

“Nothing…”

Maxwell stepped back, crossing one arm over his chest eyeing him suspiciously.

“Okay…okay. I told him I couldn’t go next week. That we’d have to plan it another time.”

“Where’s the spontaneity in that?” Maxwell frowned teasingly.

“I’m a doctor Max, we have no spontaneity. I thought you knew that.”

Maxwell twisted his mouth and arched his brow. “So let me get this straight, Cody got upset and left because you said you couldn’t go fishing next week because you would have to plan for time off?” He shook his head. “I don’t believe that.”

“Well, we both said some things that we shouldn’t have.” Drake admitted as he picked up the tickets.

“About a trip?” Maxwell questioned quizzically.

“It was a little more than just the trip.” Drake replied with a heavy sigh. He placed the tickets back on the table before heading back into the living room.

“Like?” Maxwell pushed as he followed behind him.

“He feels like I’m not dealing with Brad’s death properly.” He frowned, glancing back over his shoulder. “That I’m preoccupying my time with work and other things,” he said telling Maxwell half of the truth.

He watched as Drake dropped down on the sofa and sighed. He knew Drake all too well, he was sure there was something Drake wasn’t telling him but he let it pass.

“Maybe he’s right.” Maxwell stated softly as he made his way over to where Drake was sitting, catching Drake’s intense gaze as he come closer. It was as if he was searching for something in Maxwell’s eyes…probing actually.

“I don’t know. I think I’m doing fine.” He smiled placing his hands in lap as he watched Maxwell take a seat beside him.

“Really?” he tilted his head trying to make eye contact, “Cody doesn’t seem to think so.”

“Cody?” Drake parroted with a questioning gaze. Maxwell nodded and rested his hand on Drake’s shoulder.

“He came by to see me.”

“Yeah, I figured.” he sighed, “What did he want?”

“Basically, he’s worried about you because you haven’t had time to grieve since you’ve been too busy taking care of me.”

“He said that to you?” Drake asked with more than a little heat in his voice.

“Calm down.” Maxwell chuckled softly, “It’s okay, I understand.”

“It’s just he had no right to say that.” Drake voiced.

“He cares about you… and so do I.” he admitted as he allowed his fingers to play idly in Drake’s thick dark hair.

“I don’t mind taking care of you, you know that. I’m always here if you need me.”

“I know,” Maxwell nodded and smiled. “When did you decide to let your hair grow?” He asked even as his fingers got lost in Drake’s wavy locks.

Drake’s hand instinctively reached for his hair, his fingers brushing against Maxwell’s as he did so. “I need to cut it.”

“No, don’t. I like it.” Maxwell smiled allowing the silky strands to slide between his fingers. “You know, you’ve been doing so much for me since Brad died, I want to do something for you.”

“Oh yeah?” Drake glanced up into Maxwell’s eyes and smiled.

“Yeah…”

“Like?”

“Well. I aced my English exam. A big 94.” he bobbed his head excitedly;” We need to celebrate.”

“That’s amazing! Congratulations Max.” Drake stated proudly while looking at the sparkle in Maxwell’s eyes. “We do need to celebrate. Let me take you out to dinner.”

“No.” Maxwell objected immediately, “I said I wanted to do something for you and there you go trying to do something for me.” He chided while swatting playfully at Drake’s shoulder.

“Ouch!” Drake shrieked back, laughing while he ducked out of the way of any more swats. Maxwell playfully tried to tickle Drake. Their laughter was both boisterous and contagious. They were like two big kids who hadn’t seen each other in years. Drake grabbed Maxwell’s hands causing him to fall on top of him as they continued to tussle, and with one swift move, Drake found Maxwell’s ticklish spot causing him to kick and giggle uncontrollably. He tried to wiggle away sending them both crashing to the floor with a hard thump!

Drake was laughing so hard, he didn’t care about the pain shooting through his back. He glanced up, staring into Maxwell’s shimmering green eyes, where for the first time in a very long time, he saw something. He saw a glimmer of hope.

Their laugher soon faded to a soft chuckle and their breathing started to even out. It was then that they realized the position they were in. They were laying together, their chests touching, and Drake’s hands were loosely draped around Maxwell’s waist. Maxwell pulled back and rested his head in his hand as he admired his friend. Drake’s eyes were so dark they appeared silver and his lips were full…perfect. Maxwell smiled as he watched Drake bite nervously on his lower lip. It was like seeing him for the first time.

“What?”

“Nothing….” Maxwell lied, because it was indeed everything. He always found Drake attractive. Out of all their friends, Drake was the one he could have seen himself with, if he wasn’t with Brad.

….

“Okay…okay.” Brad laughed as he read the next question. He and Maxwell were playing the Newlywed game, or rather just going over the questions. They were lying in bed. Maxwell’s back resting against Brad’s chest and it was his turn to answer the next question. “Out of all your husband’s friends which one do you find sexy?”

“What?” Maxwell laughed glancing back over his shoulder.

“Answer the question.” Brad insisted.

“That’s not what it says!” He insisted adamantly.

“It does.” Brad handed him the card, “See. Now answer the question.”

“Shit.” Maxwell combed his fingers through his hair as he pondered. “I don’t know, all your friends are pretty lame.” he laughed jokingly.

“Hey!”

“I’m joking, I’m joking,” Maxwell held his hands up in defense. “Let me see. I can’t stand Paul, he’s a pompous ass.” Maxwell rolled his eyes, “Then there’s Joel, who thinks he’s god’s gift to women and men.”

“So that leaves Drake.” Brad guessed.

“Good ole Drake.” Maxwell laughed, ‘I’d have to say him.”

“Good answer.” Brad said approvingly.

Maxwell’s smile slowly faded and his features took on that of a serious nature. “What’s wrong?” Drake knitted his brows together tightly as he looked into Maxwell’s expressive eyes.

“I don’t think you understand how much Brad loved you.” his words were soft and filled with emotion. Drake allowed his hands to slip from around Maxwell’s waist.

“I think I do.”

“He was always afraid of us leaving him after his adoptive parents died.” Maxwell admitted through a reflective sigh, “He left us.”

“I know.” Drake nodded, “He never understood how his parents could give him up after he was born. He always wondered what he could have done to make them not want him… to leave him.”

“And then came you.” Maxwell inhaled sharply even as his finger traced Drake’s jaw line. “You were a constant in his life.”

Drake nodded and smiled reflectively.

“You couldn’t possibly understand the depths of his feelings for you.” He chewed on the inside of his cheek. “To him, you walked on water.” he smiled, “You could do no wrong.” His voice cracked as he uttered the words breathlessly. He combed his fingers through his bangs only to have them fall back in his eyes again.

“He was the brother I never had.” Drake said with fondness in his voice and a faraway look in his eyes. “Always so positive, so much fun to be around… The life of the party.” Maxwell tilted his head slightly as he watched a tear slide down Drake’s cheek. He slowly allowed his finger to catch it before it disappeared.

“Don’t…,” he whispered as Drake tried to cover his eyes as the tears spilled down his face. “It’s okay to cry Drake.” Maxwell encouraged lovingly, “You loved him too.” Maxwell smiled contently, knowing his words provided some sense of comfort. He felt Drake’s body writhe beneath him and the tears continued to fall uncontrollably.

He’d never seen Drake cry before; he was always the strong one amongst them, the one who always kept it together. Drake’s release of tears was a relief for Maxwell as well. It was heartbreaking, surreal. At that moment there was a transferring of roles, it was now Maxwell’s turn to offer solace.

“I can’t believe he’s gone.” Drake choked out as his body shook violently. Maxwell allowed his tears to slip through his fingers while he caressed Drake’s cheek, catching them as they fell.

“It’s okay. Let it out.” he encouraged slightly above a whisper as his hand caressed Drake’s scalp soothingly. He hesitantly leaned forward placing a tender kiss on his temple. His breath hitched and he felt this undeniable pull drawing them closer.

Maxwell’s hands were trembling as he carefully pushed Drake’s hair off his forehead before kissing him there. Drake closed his eyes, offering no resistance even as he wrapped his arms around Maxwell’s waist, accepting his ministrations.

His mind willed him to stop but it felt too good. His body had other plans and so did Drake’s. The sweet taste of his lips and the warmth of his tongue consumed him, leaving him breathless. Without permission or struggle, Drake flipped Maxwell over onto his back taking control. His gray eyes were darker, filled with passion and lust. Maxwell wrapped his arm around his neck, allowing his fingers to get tangled in Drake’s hair while pulling him closer, their lips crashing together firmly, kissing fervently…desperately. Their union would be one of bittersweet need.

~*~*~

All the nerve endings that lined his inner walls were on fire, alive, with each thrust sending him higher to another level. The feeling was insuperable...almost sinful it felt so good. His fingers gingerly stroked the small of his back that was hot, yet cool to the touch, due to the beads of perspiration that covered it. He had touched him so many times before. A causal bump of the shoulder here and there, a friendly hug even, but nothing like this...never would he have imagined... this! He relaxed his head against the pillow, wrapping his legs tighter around Drake's waist enjoying the ride...the waves of euphoric excitement. Drake's masculine scent ignited things within him, feelings he had thought had died with his husband.

His breathing became shallow causing him to feel dizzy. He reached for the sheets, twisting it tightly within his fists, as his body rocked back and forth with every precise thrust. Drake came in at an angle dipping upward and he slowly withdrew, sending Max's body into paroxysms of ecstasy. He wanted to scream...call out Drake’s name but the words stuck somewhere deep inside, nipping at his carnal desires, when he felt like he couldn’t stand it anymore...he kissed him. His warm velvet tongue captured his lips, his tongue forcing its way inside, hungrily sucking before sliding down toward his ear, nibbling on the tender skin between his neck and shoulder.

The rhythm was smooth and calculated soon became sporadic and their breathing labored. Fast pounding strokes alternated with slow desperate ones. Drake whispered something in his ear, but he couldn't hear it due to the pounding of his heart which was so loud he was sure Drake could hear it too.

His arms tightened around Max's shoulders pulling him flush against his hard muscular body that towered over him. He let out a deep-throated moan as he came forcefully inside him. Sweat dripping onto his chest cooled his body that was over heating due to the excitement coursing through his veins. He used his hand to pleasure himself, pumping, pulling, tugging to a release of hot, sticky cum between them.

Drake kissed him passionately through haggard breaths as his body relaxed on top of him. Their foreheads pressed together, their eyes closed, relishing in the joining of the two souls becoming one.

"God...” Was all Drake could muster as he slid down, slowing pulling out. He rested his sweat soaked hair against the pillow while trying to steady his breathing.

"Are you calling me a god?” Maxwell teased as he too panted for air, as he combed his fingers through his sweat matted hair. Drake laughed his laughter deep, rich and contagious. For a moment, he saw the old, witty, Max. "Well?” He grinned as he repositioned his body so he was facing the other man.

"You are amazing.” He exhaled deeply. "Where did you learn that little move, that twist you do?” He licked the corner of his mouth enticingly before pressing his lips together in a tight line.

"I'm not going to tell you so you can get the Cody to do it."

"I doubt seriously we have to worry about that now.” Drake replied, his eyes dark and filled with hope. Maxwell ducked his head shyly. He opened his mouth to speak but closed it quickly using the stolen moment to organize his thoughts.

"Look, Drake.” He said his voice taking on a serious tone. "I don't want you changing anything because of this. I mean it was great. No...” He shook his head, "It was better than great.” He corrected. "It was perfect and what we both needed…”

“And wanted.” Drake interjected. He reached over and gingerly brushed Maxwell’s hair off his face.

“And wanted.” Maxwell agreed, “But it was just sex."

"Really?” Drake rose up on his elbow. "Really?” He challenged. "What we just shared was just sex to you?"

"Yes..."

"I don't believe you."

"Of course it was...” Max shrugged, and then sighed, "Nothing can ever come of this. I mean you have Cody and I...” He swallowed back the lump lodged in his throat.

"Brad is gone.” Drake reminded him as gently as he could without being insensitive.

"And you are...was his best friend.” He pointed out. Drake nodded biting on his lower lip.

"Look...” He reached for Maxwell and pulled him against his chest. "I've loved you for a long time.” He finally admitted. "The night we met, I was the one who pointed you out to Brad. And he...” Drake chuckled amusingly, "being good ole, charming Brad, did what I was too shy to do. He went for it.” He shrugged as he kissed Max on top of the head.

"You never said anything or led on that you were interested in me."

"You two were perfect together.” Drake smiled. "You just fit, so..."

“So…” Maxwell inhaled deeply. He wasn’t sure what to think. His emotions were off the chart at this point. The last couple of months had been pure hell for him and he was just starting to see light at the end of the tunnel that wasn’t attached to a train… and now this. He was definitely not mentally ready to be in a relationship with anyone. Yet, here he was laying in bed with his husband’s best friend after the most incredible sex…lovemaking ever. He shared something with Drake that was only reserved for Brad, not just his body, but also his soul and that scared him to death.

“I’ve got to go.” Maxwell frantically twisted out of Drake’s embrace. He scrambled out of the bed in search of his clothes.

“Max, wait!” Drake reached out to grab him. “It’s okay.”

“It’s not okay Drake!” Maxwell grabbed his hair as he scanned the room, “Where the fuck are my clothes!?”

“They’re in the living room, remember?” Drake reminded him in a calm tone. He scooted off the bed and extended his hand toward Maxwell. “Come here.” he demanded while trying to grab Maxwell’s hand.

“No, I’ve really got to go.” Maxwell insisted even as he headed toward the living room. Drake frowned combing his fingers through his hair before running after him.

“Max, please don’t go.” he pleaded while watching Maxwell struggling to pull up his jeans.

“This was a mistake, don’t you see that?” Maxwell cried as he zipped up his jeans. “Wrong!”

“You feel guilty, I get that…”

“Of course I feel guilty, don’t you?” Maxwell challenged.

“No.”

“Well you should!” Maxwell yelled as he pulled his shirt on. “What we did was wrong on all levels.”

“That’s not what you thought or said a minute ago.”

“Fuck you Drake. Just fuck you.” He glared at Drake as if he had two heads.

“Come on Max, lighten up.”

“After what we just did to Brad and Cody…” He balked with astonishment.

“Trust me Max.” He was finally able to pull him into his arms, “If Brad was still alive, this would have never happened. I swear.” he stated with conviction. “Even though I have always loved you and I always will. I respected your relationship; I mean, Brad was my best friend. And now that he’s…”

“Well, I hope you don’t think we will end up in a relationship because that’s not gonna happen.”

Drake opened his mouth to speak but the words died in his throat. “Now that’s he’s gone, I want to take care of you.”

“You took care of me alright.” Maxwell laughed humorlessly, “Good old Drake, always coming to the rescue.” He huffed while looking around for his shoes. His body stiffened when he felt Drake’s arms around him. He could still smell his scent on him. “Please let me go.” he pleaded through bated breath, even as he rested his head against Drake’s firm chest.

“I don’t want to.” he whispered before kissing Maxwell softly on the back of the neck. “Stay, so we can talk this out.” He beseeched as his lips tenderly kissed him until he felt Maxwell respond to his touch. “We need to understand what just happened between us.”

Maxwell closed his eyes and inhaled deeply. “I understand what just happened… and it can’t ever happen again.” he insisted as he removed Drake’s arms from around his waist and twisted from his embrace.

“But…”

“Cody was right, it’s time you took care of you.” Maxwell tilted his head slightly and smiled. “Whatever is happening between you two; fix it before it’s too late. He does love you Drake. Let him show it. Let him take care of you.”

“Max…” Drake took Maxwell’s hand into his own.

“I need time to heal, to grieve…on my own,” he said as his fingers slipped from Drake’s grasp. “I’ll call you.”

Drake dropped his hands to his side taking a long deep breath as he watched Maxwell walk out the door. He combed his fingers through his hair as he felt a range of emotions wash over him, loss and confusion were the ones that registered first.

 

 

 

Maxwell tries a different approch in dealing with Brad's death and his feelings for Drake, while Drake tries to accept and respect Max's decison to put distance between them.  There's an old saying that say, "if you can't be with the one you love...love the one you're with,"  Is there any truth to that?
A/N:  Thanks to everyone reading this story, I get a kick out of doing it so...:2thumbs: And to my Editor and Betas for putting up with me...:*)
Copyright © 2012 Naptowngirl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 17
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 02/13/2012 09:25 AM, C.K. said:
Girl.....no they didn't! Sinful yet delectable! There's no way Drake will be able to keep this from Cody.
Yes they did...can you believe it? lol. Glad to see your still reading...

 

Thanks,

 

Kim :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Grief is one of those things that you never really know how to deal with. Any of us that have lost loved ones, through death or otherwise, can attest to that. You've done a wonderful job so far with showing the myriad of feelings a person can go through and the things we do to heal. Good job.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I so want Max and Drake to end up together. But... I do feel a bit bad for Cody. I'm glad Drake finally let some of his feelings out, seems like he's been holding a lot in. blush1.gif

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/13/2012 11:52 AM, Labrador said:
Grief is one of those things that you never really know how to deal with. Any of us that have lost loved ones, through death or otherwise, can attest to that. You've done a wonderful job so far with showing the myriad of feelings a person can go through and the things we do to heal. Good job.
It truly is, Labrador, having dealt with it myself, I can atest... some pretty crazy, amazing and very tragic things can come from it. Thanks for the compliment, its very kind of you. I hope not to dissapoint ya, and thanks so very much for the review, glad to know your reading and enjoying the story so far.

 

Kim

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/13/2012 12:37 PM, intune said:
I so want Max and Drake to end up together. But... I do feel a bit bad for Cody. I'm glad Drake finally let some of his feelings out, seems like he's been holding a lot in. blush1.gif
I think Max and Drake would make a great couple too, intune. There are so many factors to deal with here. Cody being one of them... lol.

Thanks for sticking with me during this story and posting a review, I appriciate it as I hope you know...comments fuel the writer's soul I always say...

 

:) Kim

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hmm. How to put this best..... I loved it!!

This is the third story that I've found here on GA that I really love. Your writing flows very effortlessly and I love the emotions. I think that is my favorite part, the emotions, and the backflashes, hehe. (I kind of wish I could have been a fly on the wall from the beginning, it probably wasn't easy for Drake to hide his feelings).

Can't wait to read more biggrin.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/14/2012 12:11 AM, Daniel89 said:
Hmm. How to put this best..... I loved it!!

This is the third story that I've found here on GA that I really love. Your writing flows very effortlessly and I love the emotions. I think that is my favorite part, the emotions, and the backflashes, hehe. (I kind of wish I could have been a fly on the wall from the beginning, it probably wasn't easy for Drake to hide his feelings).

Can't wait to read more biggrin.png

YAY!!! Glad you'er enjoying the story. I'm having fun with it...I must agree with you. I'm sure Drake was having a hard with this, but taking it all in stride. I think back to the flashback, when Max sat on his lap trying to get him to go out with them, I'm sure that had to be challanging to say the least.

 

Again glad you're enjoying it, hope you continue their little journey with me and thanks for the compliment...

 

 

 

Kim :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I saw this coming..

And I'm not happy with it..it's not fair to Cody..for cheating there is no excuse..

If Drake had feelings for Max he should end it with Cody..this is just very low :(

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/14/2012 05:40 AM, rogi24g said:
I saw this coming..

And I'm not happy with it..it's not fair to Cody..for cheating there is no excuse..

If Drake had feelings for Max he should end it with Cody..this is just very low :(

Cody is actually a wonderful guy, we learn a little more about him in the next chapter, and though what happened between Max and Drake, might be deemed inappropiate, Drake is a good guy too, he's worth keeping your eye on...it's Max we might need to worry about ;)

I love reviews, *squeels* Thanks for letting me know you're out there and reading...

 

Kim :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/14/2012 08:37 AM, Rebelghost85 said:
Hm. The sex scene played really well into the story. It added depth and just the right amount of drama.

Great chapter.

I really, really love this review it's so...so studious and I like it... depth and drama, then I succeeded in my quest... Danke :)

 

Thank you, I was wondering what you thought...I didn't lie when I said "lines would be crossed"

 

Kim :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

can't stop reading..haha well this is my fav. chapter so far, you want to know why, ok, i'll try to explain it. i loved the pace in this chapter and how smooth( blurred) the transitions were.. the beginning i saw two friends speaking, than two friends consoling each other.. for the first time in what felt like ages Drake could let loose and cry over the loss of his best friend. i got another great glimpse on why this frindship meant so much.. poor Brad, always this fear of loosing people, so i liked that Drake was this constant in his life... i could see too the transferring of roles and i think it was kind of necessity for Drake... well than you flipped the switch and something more came out of it... Max feeling something he thought had died with his husband:( so i liked the lovemaking, and i tink it was more than sex, but the end with Max "denial" didn;t surprise me. he spoke about betrayel and the lines blurred here, did he mean Cody or Brad or was he just scared that he could feel again and share his soul again??? in a way i can understand this and it will take some time to sort this out.. at least i hope they sort this out, for now we have Cody, betrayed by his boyfriend, Drake rejected by Max and Max, i guess confused... not exactly what i would call a ""happy"" outcome... but still great.. i hope i could explained this a little .. thanks <3 Annette

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/24/2012 03:05 AM, asonearth said:
can't stop reading..haha well this is my fav. chapter so far, you want to know why, ok, i'll try to explain it. i loved the pace in this chapter and how smooth( blurred) the transitions were.. the beginning i saw two friends speaking, than two friends consoling each other.. for the first time in what felt like ages Drake could let loose and cry over the loss of his best friend. i got another great glimpse on why this frindship meant so much.. poor Brad, always this fear of loosing people, so i liked that Drake was this constant in his life... i could see too the transferring of roles and i think it was kind of necessity for Drake... well than you flipped the switch and something more came out of it... Max feeling something he thought had died with his husband:( so i liked the lovemaking, and i tink it was more than sex, but the end with Max "denial" didn;t surprise me. he spoke about betrayel and the lines blurred here, did he mean Cody or Brad or was he just scared that he could feel again and share his soul again??? in a way i can understand this and it will take some time to sort this out.. at least i hope they sort this out, for now we have Cody, betrayed by his boyfriend, Drake rejected by Max and Max, i guess confused... not exactly what i would call a ""happy"" outcome... but still great.. i hope i could explained this a little .. thanks <3 Annette
thanks Nettie Poo, I' glad you enjoyed the chaper and the way you preceived it. Max is all messed up and you're right there is some blur here. Drake on the other hand, seems to handle the "blur much better than Max. There was a need there and they fulfilled it, for now anyway and yes Max denied and flipped out, but like you said, it was expected. this moment for them impacts so much more. I hope you keep reading.. :D
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Poor Cody! He´s the only one I feel sorry for. Drake knew what he was doing and wants Maxwell not Cody. Maxwell wants Brad not Drake. There´ll be three miserable men in the next chapter. Can´t stop reading now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/17/2014 06:52 AM, Suvitar said:
Poor Cody! He´s the only one I feel sorry for. Drake knew what he was doing and wants Maxwell not Cody. Maxwell wants Brad not Drake. There´ll be three miserable men in the next chapter. Can´t stop reading now.
Waves Suvitar,

I'm so glad you are enjoying 'Then Came You,' so far. It did start out sad. I think I was feeling sad and out of the norm when I decided to write it. It's a short story but I hope I wrapped it up OK Funny I love all the characters and they all have their place, but I think my favorite is Brad.,,poor Brad lol I hope you like the rest of the story...Let me know. Again thanks for taking the time to read and let me know you're out there....

 

:) Kim

  • Like 1
Link to comment

OK,so this was no surprise. How the 3 of them will move forward though is another matter. Cody needs to walk away and find someone that will love him and who he will love. I don't think it's Drake. Drake has been harboring feelings for too long, even while he was contemplating a future with Cody. This is not a good situation. 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..