Jump to content
    Phoenix1977
  • Author
  • 2,613 Words
  • 2,926 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Devil's son - 2. New York, New York!

A strange new disease is plaguing NYC's gay community. To solve it our interns are being presented a carrot on a stick.
In the meantime both Arthur and Jayden seem to "suffer" from something at first sight. but whether that is love of lust ....

Ok, this was not good. Here he was, sitting in the waiting room in the ER for the third time this month because a guy he had sex with got ill within half an hour after they completed their game. Jayden had cum in his ass really good while the guy had squirted him cum over his abs. And just as Jayden was getting dressed he had heard loud moans of pain coming from the bedroom. Jayden had called an ambulance and, as soon as the ambulance was there, Jayden wanted to go home. No such luck because the new rules stated that everyone who had been in contact with the person developing symptoms should be examined as well.

 

Jayden started to think back. He was in New York for 4 months now. His memory was still playing tricks on him when it came to the period before he started living in the Big Apple but, since he was quite a playboy he assumed that was also the reason why he had a hard time to remember much.

 

4 months. About the same time a mysterious illness broke out in New York. Although city officials had tried to keep things quiet some people were already talking about this new disease as the new AIDS. Somehow it was a disease that affected gay men, just like the early days of the AIDS epidemic. Men who suffered from it, reported with severe stomach ache and, in some cases, bloody diarrhea. So far no one died because of this disease but several young men had their colons removed because of severe inflammation. Apparently, the disease started there but no one understood how or why just yet. Health professionals did, however, start a campaign to ensure the importance of safe sex, especially for the gay community. And that proved somewhat of a problem for Jayden.

 

Somehow every condom Jayden used broke. He bought tons of those little rubber bastards and they didn’t protect him at all. Every time they broke. Hell, Jayden did even masturbate while wearing a condom (not his best memory of an orgasm, by the way) and his sperm just went right through the condom like it wasn’t even there. On examination of the condom it had simply burst, probably when Jayden’s sperm had shot from his cock. After that Jayden tried a new brand of condoms, made from some synthetic material which was said to be stronger than rubber condoms. No use. At first it seemed it would hold in Jayden’s sperm but after maybe one or two seconds the condom broke anyway. So, now Jayden didn’t use condoms anymore. Besides, he was healthy and so were his mates, so why bother? Or were they?

 

Truth be told, Jayden was pretty upset his current fuckbuddy had developed symptoms of this new disease and Jayden wondered how much of this could be a coincidence: three bed partners in four weeks, all getting this new disease. But his other sex buddies had been unaffected.

 

“Are you sure, Jayden?” Jayden heard a small voice in the back of his mind. “All three began having symptoms after about half an hour, remember? And the other guys you had sex with, in the sauna’s and the parks, you left well before that.” The little voice said.

 

“True” Jayden thought. “I’m not a cuddly man. As soon as I had my orgasm I’m no longer interested in these men. Is that a crime? And besides, you make it sound like I’m the source of the trouble”.

 

“Even today, if he had gotten ill five minutes later you would’ve been on your way home already and who knows what would have happened?” the little voice continued. “He could’ve died, you know? Maybe you should stop having sex”.

 

“Yeah, that’s likely to happen” Jayden thought. Even now, only an hour after his last orgasm, he was starting to get horny again. No matter what he had been doing with his life in the past, now he needed sex at least 4 times a day to keep himself in check. Every orderly that walked past Jayden was observed by the young man and graded. All the above-average grades were stored in his mental archive to see if he could find out whether they were into man-man sex and where they lived. Whether or not they had a relationship or anything was of no importance to Jayden. He just wanted their bodies.

 

So Jayden kept going on for a couple of minutes, arguing with the voice in the back of his head until he shut it up completely.

 

“Unbelievable! I’m having an argument with myself!” Jayden thought. “This whole thing must upset me more than I thought”.

 

But that was hardly the case. Jayden hadn’t slept well in over weeks. His dreams were unsettling at first, being dreams about the devil, Hell and all the things that were going on down there. He witnessed the torture of souls, battles between demons and Satan himself, jerking off while some demons were torturing a soul until it almost lost cohesion. Although these dreams were strange they also had something familiar and Jayden wasn’t too upset because of them. No, the upsetting dreams had started not long after the first victims of this new disease were reported.

 

In this new dream he saw through the eyes of someone else. He knew it had to be someone else because his face was the face of a demon, with glowing yellow eyes. His mouth couldn’t close completely because of the huge fangs he had. He hands were more like claws with at least 10 centimeters worth of fingernails at every fijger. They and looked hard and sharp. Several dark clouds were forming around him and, sometimes, he had trouble focusing and almost fell victim of an uncontrollable rage. He had enormous bat-like wings and, being on top of a large building near Central Park, he knew he could use them to fly. And he also knew he was only moments away from destroying New York City.

 

Until he saw a familiar figure take of from near the lake in Central Park and flying up to him. The figure could only be described as an angel with huge white wings and an halo. But this angel was also armed with sword an bow and arrow and Jayden knew, if necessary , the angel would not hesitate to use them. And, just before waking up, Jayden always heard the demonic appearance call out to the angel.

 

“Help me, Arthur. Only you can save me”.

 

Jayden shook his head to wake himself from his day dream. He really needed to get some good sleep. He got up and walked to the nursing station.

 

“I’m going for a cup of coffee. I’ll be back ASAP” Jayden said to the nurse. She just waved to indicate she heard him but didn’t even look up for her papers. Jayden shrugged and went to the canteen to get some coffee. On his way there Jayden didn’t watch where he was going and he bumped into a young doctor with full speed. On autopilot Jayden immediately graded this guy an A+ and was determined to find out if he was available.

 

“Oh, I’m so sorry” Jayden said. “I was in thought and didn’t see where I was going. I hope I didn’t hurt you”.

 

“No, I’m ok. Although you might want to pay a little more attention. If it hadn’t been me but a patient, or even worse, one of the department heads, you would be in trouble” the young doctor said.

 

“I’m Jayden” Jayden said while sticking out his hand.

 

“I’m doctor Ericson, but you can call me Arthur” the young doctor said. Jayden knew he had thought of someone named Arthur when he was sitting in the waiting room but that was not important anymore. All he could think about were those emerald green eyes of this young physician and Jayden felt something he had never felt before. Not only the familiar tingle in his crotch, alerting him this young man was acceptable to fuck, but also a strange feeling in his stomach , a tight feeling around his heart and a lot of nerves. Immediately he was worried he also had caught the new disease but no one reported feelings of nervousness with it.

 

“Are you alright, Jayden? You look like something’s wrong” Arthur asked.

 

“No, I don’t think anything is wrong” Jayden answered. “For a moment there I thought I was getting ill but I think it’s something else”.

 

“What is it, than?” Arthur asked.

 

“I think I feel what you call “butterflies in my stomach”” Jayden said.

 

Arthur looked at Jayden a little closer. He was good-looking and, for the first time in a very long time, Arthur felt something that felt like butterflies as well.

 

“Where were you going?” Arthur asked.

 

“I was going for a cup of coffee in the canteen” Jayden said. “At least, until I bumped into you”.

 

“Well, let me make that up to you and buy you that cup of coffee” Arthur said, just as Samuel approached.

 

“Arthur, what are you doing? We have to attend that meeting, remember? They are going to brief us on the latest information about the bowel inflammation disease” Samuel said. But while Samuel said it he didn’t look at Arthur but at Jayden. Jayden felt uncomfortable with the look in Samuel’s eyes. Jayden thought it was jealousy but, when looking closer, it was distrust, fear and maybe even hatred.

 

“Ah, yes. I forgot” Arthur said.

 

“How could you forget?” Samuel asked. “That’s the reason you went down here in the first place”. Samuel was irritated because of something, obviously.

 

“Geez, man. Chill! Like you are always on your best the second day of your shift” Arthur said to Samuel. “Raincheck?” he asked Jayden.

 

“Sure” Jayden said. “I’ll give you a call” before Jayden started walking away.

 

“But you don’t have my number” Arthur said.

 

“No, but I know what hospital I can find you.” Jayden said, before leaving the building. He was so enchanted with the young doctor he didn’t even remember he had to go back to the ER.

 

 

 

“Here you see a photograph of the removed colon in the second patient” the pathologist told the interns. “You can see the inflamed sections and the bloody surface. In the body it looked like this” and the pathologist showed a picture made during emergency colonoscopy at the ER.

 

“As you can imagine, the on call doctor was unable to say whether or not the colon could be saved and he called in one of the surgeons to assess the situation. The surgeon decided the colon had to come out” the pathologist continued. “As soon as the colon was removed it was sent to our department to examine it. We didn’t know what we were looking at and, when we made some preparation for examination under the microscope we found an even stranger result” he said as the next slide was being shown. “This slide was possible because of an error by one of the technicians. Normally we would never try a staining like this but, because she mixed the wrong chemicals, we truly owe her. We didn’t understand what we saw so we called dr. Engelberts, head of the immunology department.” And with that the pathologist left the stage, leaving it open for a young woman, in her early thirties, who would be attractive if she didn’t look so tired.

 

“Thank you, dr. Wall” dr. Engelberts said. “As you can see the walls of this colon are invested with leucocytes. Although leucocytes are a relative normal finding in the bowel wall it’s almost impossible to see so many of them in a preparation. At first we thought it was an anomaly but after several other preparations had been made we saw a massive infiltration of the colonic wall by leucocytes. The infiltration was largest in the bloody parts of the colon you just saw but also in the parts that looked healthy by the naked eye was a huge infiltration visible” and dr. Engelberts showed several slides.

 

“So, we still don’t know what this new disease is exactly but we do know now the acute phase of it is being caused by a rather aggressive immunorespons of the body. So now we think maybe we can stop the disease by giving large amounts of steroids but, at this moment, we haven’t been successful yet” dr. Engelberts said.

 

All the interns were making notes about what dr. Wall, head of the pathology department, and dr. Engelberts, head of the immunology department, said. All, except one. Normally Arthur would be in the front row, making notes and having his mind working at top speed to create, test and dismiss hypotheses, but not this time. This time his mind was wrapped about one thing: Jayden. When he thought of it Arthur wondered what Jayden’s descent would be. His hair was frizzy, like in Negroid people, but he was blond. His eyes looked like he had Asian blood, but their color was piercing blue. His skin was lily white but there were no freckles or sign Jayden got sunburn easily. He was well groomed and sharply dressed but not effeminate in any way. That young man was one contradiction after another and solving that riddle was far more interesting to Arthur than anything the medical staff said.

 

“So, that’s where you interns come in. We have no idea what the source of this disease is. We want you to interview all patients who develop symptoms thoroughly. Ask them anything you can think of, no matter how far fetched it is. There is no limit to the amounts of tests you can prescribe for those patients. We need to find the answer what is causing this disease. The intern who solves this or finds the clue or clues to solve it, will be ensured of a job here Bellevue even after his or her residency” dr. Engelberts concluded. “Good hunting!”

 

“Wow! Awesome!” Samuel said, pulling Arthur out of his daydream.

 

“Yes, awesome” Arthur said. Even without paying much attention he had heard most of the talk and it started to sink in. An ensured position as an attending specialist here at Bellevue. No more job interviews. No more insecurities about his future. No more need to hide who he was. And just like that Arthur was out of his daydream and into professional mode.

 

“Samuel, how busy is your ward at the moment?” Arthur asked.

 

“Not busy, but if you think I’m going to cover for you so you have time to solve this puzzle, you’re mistaken” Samuel said.

 

“Samuel, friend, buddy, when did I ever pull a stunt like that on you? I was thinking we could hit the library together. Something I saw in that last slide is tickling my memory, but I’m not sure where I’ve seen it before” Arthur said. “If we can find it together we will try to get a position together. If they are desperate enough to promise this to one intern they’re probably desperate enough to give it to two as well”.

 

“The article I read had something to do with allergic reactions to protein” Arthur thought. “But where and when did I read it?”.

As promised, an explanation of the medical terms used:
Colon = large bowel. The last part of the intestine, responsible for extracting water from faeces. Also an important organ when it comes down to disease.
Colonoscopy = a technique to view the inside of the colon by using a tube with a camera in it. It’s being inserted anally and can visualize the entire colon. Highly unpleasant examination.
Staining = A method used to visualize different cell types in a preparation under the microscope.
Leucocytes = white blood cells, responsible for the immune response in our body. When a tissue of organ is suffering from an infection leucocytes can be found there to handle the immune reaction.
Colonic wall = the wall of the colon.
Copyright © 2011 Phoenix1977; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

That was really interesting. I enjoyed the whole scientific thing because I like learning about new things. So they are having matching dreams... hmmm... and now we know where the outbreak is coming from so all the threads are weaving together nicely

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..