Jump to content
    quokka
  • Author
  • 874 Words
  • 1,490 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tsunami - 7. Tsu Chapter 7

I was shocked at how badly Isaac has been treated by our Dad and that Isaac had to walk so far to get to a place where he felt safe, on top of that, Jared had to drive two hours from University to where I am living, to see what I can do to help.

Because Isaac is not permitted to stay in the student rooms, since he is not a student on campus. Firstly, I had both brothers follow me to the kitchen, where I started to make some cold meat and salad sandwiches, and I quietly watched as both hoed them down, along with some orange juice, and some ice cream for deserts.

Slipping away while they finished eating, I made the bed up in the spare room for Isaac, and grabbed spare blankets and pillow for Jared, so he could crash on the couch for the night, before driving back to Uni in the morning.

Once they were fed and settled in, I said good night and went to bed myself. The next morning, I was woken by the sound of screams and laughter, and remembering that I had extra guests stay overnight, I was presuming that the boys had found their Uncle Jared asleep on the couch, and had pounced on him, which would have resulted in retaliation.

When I walked into the lounge, I found a full-on Pillow fight in progress, between my two boys and their Uncle Jared and Uncle Isaac, and I was pleased to see them all happy and laughing, even if it was just for this short moment.

While the pillow fight was happening, I went into the kitchen and began to cook up some breakfast, and the smells coming from the kitchen soon brought the pillow fight to a stop, Jared went to have a shower, while Isaac helped the boys to clean up the mess that they had created in the lounge room. When Jared had finished, Isaac went to have a quick shower before breakfast.

During this time, I was able to work out what everyone’s timetables were for two days’ time, so we had at least all day today and overnight before we had to deal with getting Jared back to University and Isaac back home.

While the twins went to play, Jared and Isaac helped tidy up the kitchen, while I answered the phone in my study, and it was Mum on the line asking if I had seen or heard from Isaac. I ensured her that Jared had brought him down to see me for the weekend, and that all was well, which made Mum burst into tears, relieved that her youngest son was safe and well.

Once Mum had settled down a bit we began to discuss what was happening at home, by now Jared had quietly entered the study and was listening to the conversation, and eventually spoke up, suggesting Mumming to let Isaac stay here with me.

He suggested that Isaac move to a school in this area, so he can try to build new friendships, without having to worrying about trying to hide regular bruises, which appear all over his body. Reluctantly, Mum agreed to this and said she would send some money every month, to help with costs of having a growing teenager in the house.

I laughed at this comment and informed Mum that I was doing very well with the business and that I would be able to cope with his finances, including a bit of pocket money each week.

For the rest of the day, my two boys, my two brothers and I went on a picnic out in the countryside, at a river, where there is picnic spots and lots of great places to swim and explore. By the time we got back home the twins were fast asleep and Jared and Isaac were very tired from all the activity, as the twins seem to have endless energy.

After a light dinner, I had the boys showered and in bed, and they fell straight to sleep again, and my two brothers were in bed soon after the twins, so I retreated to the study to do some paper work for a few hours before I eventually retired for the night.

The next morning after breakfast, we said farewell to Jared, as he made the two hour drive back to University, and Isaac and I discussed some improvements to his new room, and we would go to the store’s tomorrow afternoon, once Isaac has been enrolled into a new school.

For the rest of the morning I left Isaac to keep an eye on the boys, while I did some more paper work in the study, and when I came out at lunch time, I was surprised to see that Isaac had already prepared toasted sandwiches for all of us to eat.

After we had eaten and tidied up the kitchen, I suggested that we go for a drive, and about twenty minutes later, we arrived at the private wildlife park, where I paid for all our entry fees and we spent the rest of the day enjoying seeing all the animals and relaxing in the landscaped gardens.

 

Copyright March 2018 All Rights are Reserved Preston Wigglesworth
  • Like 6
  • Love 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great chapter. I’m glad that Issac is able to stay with Lukin and he’ll be able to get into a new school. I’m still hoping that Kyle will go to the orphanage to see if the boys are there and then take them home to their dad and also that Mei is found safe. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..