Jump to content
    quokka
  • Author
  • 803 Words
  • 1,322 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tsunami - 8. Tsu Chapter 8

Monday morning ended up being quite busy, firstly I dropped the twins off at childcare, before taking Isaac to several stores, for some new clothes, shoes, and a mobile phone. Once those were delivered back to the house, we went off to see the three schools that I had researched on the internet the evening before and had called earlier in the morning to organize some appointments.

The first school was a government co-ed high school, which had a lot of extra subjects, plus a good variety of sports, the second school was a small independent school, where the student to teacher ratio is just 15 to 1, this too had a great number of extra subjects, but had very little sports. The final school was a private all boys school, where education and sports a both important part of school, and when we had stepped out of this school, I could see that Isaac preferred the private school as his new school.

For now, I had to dash back to the day care centre to collect the twins as it was nearly 1pm already. Once the twins were collected, we went home where the boys had some lunch, while I went into the study to make some phone calls, firstly I called Mum and she informed me that Dad had just popped down to the shop.

I quickly informed her that I had taken Isaac to look at several local schools, and it looks like Isaac will be attending the private school. I also let mum know that I have given Isaac a mobile phone and gave mum the phone number, Mum said that she was thankful to have such a supportive son for her troubles, considering that I have my own personal troubles to deal with as well.

The second call was to the Private school to arrange for Isaac to be enrolled to attend the school as soon as possible, as I did not want to let Isaac to miss too much school time. The principal was very understanding and after a twenty-minute call, all the questions had been answered and Isaac was enrolled, with just me needing to sign some documents when I bring Isaac into school in the morning. After the call, I returned to the kitchen to have some lunch; Isaac was watching the boys playing in the lounge room, and I watched the boys happily playing, fully unaware what had been happening over the past few weeks.

After lunch was over and the kitchen was cleaned up, I changed the twins, and we climbed into the car once again, this time to go and get the required schoolbooks and supplies, and school uniform for Isaac, so he is ready for his new school in the morning.

This took most of the remainder of the afternoon, with the twins spending most of the travelling in the car having a nap, which was a relief for me, as they were always full of energy, and I was having troubles coping with them, now that I was virtually on my own bringing them up. When we finally arrived at home I was thrilled to see my big brother was finally home from his trip, and when Isaac saw his big brother – Kyle, he started to cry as he fell into a warm hug with him.

Once Kyle and Isaac had helped me to carry the sleep twins inside and into their beds, with me bringing in all the parcels of Isaacs supplies, we settled in the lounge with a cup of tea each, and Kyle gave us a rundown of his most recent trip back to Malaysia. Unfortunately, there was no new information, there was now an official government estimation of how many had perished in the tsunami, and that they were now no longer looking for survivors, but now cleaning up the damage and starting the rebuilding process.

It was suggested by Kyle that maybe we should have a memorial service to help with the healing process of saying farewell to our loved ones, and start concentrating on the future, with the twins, also with me being guardian to my youngest brother Isaac. Hesitantly I agreed to this and Kyle said he would organizeeverything and let all the family know, when and where the service would be held, and a few days later.

When everything had been arranged, we received news from Mum that Dad would not be attending, as he refuses to attend if Kyle has organized the service and will be attending it. I let Mum know that I was happy with that and told her that Jared had arrange to get time away from University, and will come and collect her, to bring her up to the city to attend the service.

Copyright March 2018 All Rights are Reserved Preston Wigglesworth
  • Like 4
  • Love 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Another fantastic chapter. At least Lukin was able to get Issac back in school even though it’s not his former school. I’m glad that Kyle has decided to hold a memorial service where they could have a way to say goodbye to their loved ones who were in the tsunami. I’m hoping that the two older boys will remember who they are and then the orphanage can get in touch with the embassy in Singapore who will contact either Kyle or Lukin so the boys can get reunited with Lukin. I’m still hoping that Mei is still alive and will start to remember who she is and she would contact Lukin to let him know that she is alive and ready to come home. I’m glad that when they get the memorial service set up Jared will go to collect their mom so she can attend the service since their dad won’t attend due to his dislike Kyle. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..