Jump to content
    Redsunshine
  • Author
  • 1,758 Words
  • 4,113 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Barely Existing - 6. Chapter 6

Tate's point of view.

Chapter 6

Tate was stretched on top of his make shift bed, only a sheet wrapped around his waist. His phone was clutched in one hand, the screen black. He was not so patiently waiting for a reply from Gavin though he had just sent the text. It had not quite been twenty-four hours since he found his mate and already his soul craved it’s other half. Tate’s heart began pounding and a rush of excitement washed over him when his phone buzzed, vibrating in his hand. A low growl escaped his throat. I’m acting like a fucking teenage girl. Turning the screen on, a notification flashed showing Gavin had already responded. They traded a few brief, meaningless messages but the contact went a long way to calm his restless beast, though not completely.

His bear was pacing in agitation, demanding their mate. He soothed his bear and explained that their mate was human. They would need to proceed with caution. Tate took a deep, calming breath. Gavin had unknowingly pressed and rubbed his body against Tate’s, marking the bigger man. He closed his eyes, relishing in his mate’s scent and letting it consume his senses. His body tensed and his cock twitched in anticipation of his mate. Soon he murmured to himself.

A yawn caught him by surprise. Exhaustion was finally setting in and taking over. It had been a long day, though he couldn’t find it in him to regret any moment he spent with Gavin. The night could have ended in disaster, and it almost had. Instead, Gavin let Tate pull him to the dance floor and everything changed. Slowly, his mate relaxed and began to open up. He transformed from the adorably shy man he had met to a shameless flirt. The difference had surprised the hell out of Tate. At first, Gavin refused to let their bodies touch. He kept a few feet between them, though others on the dance floor had bumped and brushed against them. As the night wore on, Gavin gradually closed the distance between them, until his body was pressed close to Tate. Nothing had ever felt so good, so right.

When the band started a cover of “Something in Your Mouth” Gavin really let go. He bit his full bottom lip, shooting glances from under his thick eyelashes. He shook his ass and shimmied. His body undulated while his hands slid from his neck to his hips and back up. It was the sexiest fucking thing Tate had ever seen. Gavin placed one hand against Tate’s chest, slightly leaned back. His body began moving in a gentle wave like motion. Tate nearly came in his pants. Damn, I want to see him doing that sitting on my dick. The song ended and it was bittersweet. Knowing others had seen his mate’s little dance made his bear growl and roar possessively, but watching his mate move so fluidly, so effortlessly, had been better than he could have imagined and he had a pretty good imagination.

Images filled his mind and Tate clenched his eyes closed groaning. His cock began filling, demanding attention as he replayed the night in his head. He pinched the inside of his thigh, needing sleep. Though sleep would be so much easier if I just… Tate shut that line of thinking down. He glanced at the time on his phone. Morning was quickly approaching and in a matter of hours his alarm would go off. Damn I’m going to be a grumpy ass bear tomorrow. He settled into bed and took deep, relaxing breaths. When he finally fell asleep, it was with a smile on his face and images of Gavin in his mind.

***

Crowing and an insanely annoying ringing and beeping sound woke him up a few hours later. He hated that fucking alarm, but it succeeded in waking him up. He opened his eyes enough to turn the alarm off on his phone. He rubbed a hand down his face trying to rub the sleep from his eyes. He turned his head toward the window. It still dark, the sun only beginning to kiss the black sky.

He growled low in throat. Damn but did he hate mornings. His back was almost touching the floor. Apparently the air mattress had leaked air while he slept. He rolled off and stood glaring down at the bed. He kicked it before walking into the bathroom. He turned the water on for the shower, needing the help to wash away the last bit of grogginess clinging to him and prepare him for the day ahead. He took care of his morning business and flushed the toilet relishing that he could do so without the shower turning scalding hot. It was a prank his brother often played in his childhood home.

He stepped into the shower and ducked his head under the shower head. With his head bent, eyes closed and hands clasped behind his neck Tate stood under the hot water. It was a release, washing away the negativity of the morning leaving his mind as refreshed as it could be at such a horrendous hour. He turned and let the water pound on his shoulders, easing the tension from his muscles. He brought his head up and wiped away the moisture from his face and hair. He stayed in for a few moments before turning the water off and stepping out. He quickly toweled off and draped it over the top of the shower door.

He crossed his bedroom to his walk in closet. In the corner sat several trash bags filled with clothes he had brought with them. Unfortunately, as yesterday’s shirt had proved, they weren't all full of clothes he would normally wear. He dug through one that he had opened yesterday pulled out a white cotton t-shirt and khaki cargo shorts. He selected a pair of socks and boxers from a small suitcase. He finished dressing then jogged down the stairs to his kitchen.

He started a pot of coffee and made his breakfast consisting of three eggs, four slices of bacon, two pieces of toast, and honey dew melon. He had finished his third cup of coffee and was about as awake as he was going to be when his family arrived. His dad backed the moving truck near the porch and everyone else parked where they could. He gave his parents a tour of the house before they started unloading the truck.

The news predicted it would be a hot one and as the morning passed the temperature rose. The men quickly shed their shirts, using them to mop up the sweat as they brought in boxes and furniture. His mom and sisters had started unpacking, tackling the kitchen for him. Hell, he wasn't going to complain. Moving sucked, and the less he had to do the better.

Tate, Tavin, and Brad were leaning against the porch rail sipping sweet tea. It was about noon, the moving truck had been emptied. They still had his bed and a few other pieces of furniture to assemble before they would call it a day. His mother, Brandy, and Lisa were sitting around the kitchen table enjoying the coolness of the house. Since everything had been unloaded and they no longer needed the door propped open, he had been able to turn on the central air. His dad lurked somewhere in the house.

“It’s nice out here bro. Quiet.” Brad stated. Tavin looked around the front yard and nodded in agreement.

Tate smiled and took a deep breath. “Yea. It’s nice to finally be out of the city. I missed living in the country.”

“I think Lisa is ready to move away from the city. We’re talking about settling into a house of our own.”

“Oh yea? Tired of the town home?” Tate raised a brow at Brad.

Brad nodded. “We were thinking maybe here or some place near mom and dad. Her parents have no interest in leaving the city.”

“What brought this on?”

“She fell in love with your place.” Brad grinned. “It might be because we are trying for a family.” In shifter families and communities, children were cherished and celebrated. It was common to announce to close relatives when a family was trying to expand, or a pregnancy even in the early stages.

“No shit?” Tavin asked, grinning.

“No shit.”

Tate and Tavin smiled at their brother. “That is awesome man.”

Brad smiled back. “Yeah, we’re excited.” Tate clapped his brother on the shoulder and Tavin copied on the opposite side.

“I’m thinking about moving too.” Tavin announced. “I still have seven months to go before my lease is up, so it won’t be tomorrow, but I’m ready to have a place to call home.” Tavin looked down at his scuffed tennis shoes. “I’m ready to find my mate.” He finished quietly.

Brad squeezed the back of Tavin’s neck in understanding. “It will happen bro. Sooner than you think.”

“I know, it’s just…”

“I get it.” Tate spoke softly. The sound of an approaching vehicle caused all three men to look up. “Speaking of mates...” Tate grinned, happiness blossomed in his chest as he watched Gavin’s SUV and a Mustang pull into his driveway.

“Mom, Dad, he’s here.” Tate called to his parents. He watched the vehicles park, willing his mate out of the vehicle. Crys climbed out of the Mustang and walked to the driver’s side before Eric and Gavin climbed out of the vehicle. His mom and dad walked onto the porch, but Tate couldn't pull his eyes off the younger man. He could smell the nervousness and desire rolling off Gavin. As they came closer he bounded over the porch railing needing to be near his mate. Gavin was his only focus.

A smile stretched across his face as he walked closer to Gavin and his friends. His heart raced and his soul rejoiced. He wrapped his arm around the shorter man. He needed the physical contact as much as he needed to provide comfort to the man who was coming to mean so much to him. As Tate gazed down at the man tucked into his side he realized what utter devastation could be wrecked on his heart by this man.

Sorry for the delay. Chapter 7 Gavin meets Tate's family and gets a little surprise. It was be longer than Chapter 6. Thanks for reading!
Copyright © 2015 Redsunshine; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 15
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Love Tate's POV. His family is so close and they're going to love Gavin. This is such a great story.

Link to comment
On 01/30/2014 01:51 PM, LadyDe said:
Love Tate's POV. His family is so close and they're going to love Gavin. This is such a great story.
Thanks for your review! I'm happy to know that you are enjoying the story so far. :-)
Link to comment
On 01/30/2014 01:51 PM, LadyDe said:
Love Tate's POV. His family is so close and they're going to love Gavin. This is such a great story.
Thanks for your review! I'm happy to know that you are enjoying the story so far. :-)
Link to comment
On 02/07/2014 12:30 PM, WriterJT said:
I Love love LOVE this story!!! I can't wait to read more. I'm looking forward to future updates!
Thank you! I'm still working on ch7, but so far it's my longest chapter yet. I really appreciate the feed back and I'm glad you're enjoying the story.
Link to comment
On 02/07/2014 12:30 PM, WriterJT said:
I Love love LOVE this story!!! I can't wait to read more. I'm looking forward to future updates!
Thank you! I'm still working on ch7, but so far it's my longest chapter yet. I really appreciate the feed back and I'm glad you're enjoying the story.
Link to comment
On 02/07/2014 12:30 PM, WriterJT said:
I Love love LOVE this story!!! I can't wait to read more. I'm looking forward to future updates!
Thank you! I'm still working on ch7, but so far it's my longest chapter yet. I really appreciate the feed back and I'm glad you're enjoying the story.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..