Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Eternity - 17. Epilogue

Epilogue
Jared stared at himself in the mirror attached to the top of his and Kyle's dresser. He had always hated suits of any type, but he would do anything he could to make the day that much more special. Jared looked around the apartment, hating the fact that he and Kyle would be leaving it behind soon. Ever since Kyle had proposed to him nearly six months before, they had designed a house and it was in the process of being built. In another four months, when winter set in, they would be settled in their cozy little three bedroom cabin up on the side of the mountain in Morgan.

Hearing a soft knock on the bedroom door, Jared turned around and sat at the foot of the bed before calling for the visitor to come in. He turned and offered a soft smile as his mother stepped into the room.

"Hey mom," Jared said softly, getting back on his feet and wrapping his arms around his mother in a gentle hug before stepping back and gazing down at the woman who had given him life.

"Hey baby, how you holding up?"

"I'm good mom, just a little overwhelmed," Jared said, grateful that his mother had come to see the ceremony that would tie him to Kyle. The only thing that he regretted was that his father hadn't shown up. Jared blinked quickly, trying to keep the tears from forming in his eyes.

"I'm sorry your father isn't here Jared."

"I knew he wouldn't come mom, but I couldn't help but wish..." Jared let his voice trail off.

"I know baby, but you're father is very set in his ways. He might come around eventually, but as much as you wish for it, don't hold your breath for it happening anytime soon."

"I won't mom, I'm just glad that he at least let you come."

"Baby, your daddy couldn't keep me away if he tried. He's not at all happy about me being here, but nothing he could do could stop me, especially after..."

"After what mom?"

"Well, let's just say that soon to be husband of yours is a force to be reckoned with."

"Kyle talked to dad?"

"Yup, tried to convince your father to see the error of his ways, but that didn't work out so well. Then told your daddy that he better not try to stop me from coming or Kyle would come get me himself."

"He's a great man mom, he gave me a second chance even when I didn't deserve it."

"You deserve everything Jared, it's just a matter of what you will let yourself accept."

"Thank you mom," Jared said softly.

"For what?"

"For everything. For loving me no matter what. For not letting dad stop you from being here. Simply, for always being there when I needed you."

"I'll always be there for you sweetie, but it's time for me to turn that job over to Kyle. Now, lets go get you married off, shall we?"

"I just wish we could have an actual wedding mom, instead of a commitment ceremony."

"One day you might be able to do that, but as far as I'm concerned, today is your wedding."

"Same here mom."

Jared wrapped one arm lightly around his mother's shoulder and led her out of the bedroom. They still had a half hour drive to get to the place where his and Kyle's house was being built. The shell of the house was mostly completed and they had decided to have their commitment ceremony in the backyard facing the mountainside.

~~~~~~
Kyle paced the unfinished room of what was going to be his and Jared's new bedroom. He heard steps behind him and turned to find Matt coming up behind him. He offered his friend a small smile before walking over to the window to stare out at the lush green mountainside.

"How you doing bud," Matt asked, coming up and resting a hand on Kyle's shoulder from behind him.

"I'm doing good, a bit nervous, but that will past."

"He'll be here, you don't have anything to worry about."

"Yeah, well if you and his mother hadn't decided that we couldn't see each other today then I'd be able to bring him myself."

"Hey, we figured it wouldn't kill you two to spend the night apart, besides, Jared and his mother needed some time to catch up with each other. We let you stay together until right before midnight," Matt said, laughing softly.

"Yeah well, I still don't agree," Kyle said, the same sour note in his voice as when he'd been informed that as the grooms they couldn't see each other before the ceremony. Turning to face Matt, Kyle's voice softened, "Thanks Matt."

"For what Kyle?"

"You were there even when I doubted you, gave up your freedom, and still helped me save him, a lot of people wouldn't have."

"You weren't thinking straight Kyle, I understood that and didn't hold it against you. He's always had a part of you that I couldn't touch."

"What do you mean?" Kyle said, his startled gaze shooting to Matt's face.

"Not what you're thinking, all I'm saying is that there was a hole in you that friendship couldn't patch. Jared was the only one who could feel that void in your life. As long as you're happy, then I'm happy for you. Besides, Jared is a good guy, an idiot at times, but a good guy nonetheless," Matt said jokingly.

Kyle was ready to make a retort when he heard other steps approaching, turning he found his secretary Carrie Ryan walking into the room.

"Jared's here," Carrie said softly.

"Well it's about damn time," Kyle groused despite the fact that Jared was earlier than they had planned.

Without waiting for a reply, Carrie headed back out the way she had come, not even acknowledging Matt. Kyle grinned as he watched his best friend watch Carrie walk away. He shook his head lightly before slapping Matt lightly on the shoulder.

"You should go for it Matt."

"Shit man, she doesn't even notice I'm alive."

"Yeah well, maybe you should make sure she notices," Kyle said softly. "I just want to see you happy man, and you haven't been for a while."

"I know."

"It's time to start living again, I say it's time for you to do some wooing."

"Maybe I will," Matt said, before repeating softly, "Maybe I will."

~~~~~~
Kyle smiled softly at the man standing next to him, his hand held tightly within Kyle's grasp. He thought back to everything that they had been through together and knew that their bond was as strong as ever. No matter what they had faced, they had always seemed to come out on top. They had their rocky moments, but Kyle was grateful that their love always seemed to triumph in the end. He hadn't even heard the words that the justice of the peace said and was startled when he felt Jared nudge him.

:"Huh?" Kyle said, causing laughter to break out in those that had attended the ceremony. He then realized that it must be time for him and Jared to speak the vows that he was written. They had decided at one point that he would go first, though now he wished he could be second. Looking directly into Jared's eyes, Kyle spoke directly from his heart.

"We've had many trials to face Jared, many of our own making. Yet through it all we have managed to come out on top and our love has blossomed. Nothing makes me happier than to know that I will get to wake up to you each morning for the rest of our lives. I can't say til death do us part Jared because my love for you is so much more than that. Not even death will be able to stop me from loving you. You filled a void in me that no one else ever could and I will be thankful for eternity that I have you in my life. I love you and feel honored to be standing next to you right now," Kyle finished softly, noticing the sheen of tears in Jared's eyes before Jared spoke his own vows.

"Kyle, I know that it's been difficult to get to where we are now. There have been times that things have gone bad but we have gotten through it together. We have picked ourselves up and tried again, never giving up. My promise to you is that I will always remain by your side. Nothing will pull from you, whether is be in sickness or death, I will always be with you and only you. We will face many things in our life together, but together we can conquer anything. I love you with the whole of my heart Kyle, and nothing will ever shut off my love for you," Jared said softly, his eyes never wavering from Kyle's.

After exchanging rings and a heated, yet slightly toned down kiss, Kyle and Jared turned to face their friends and relatives with clasped hands and smiles on their faces.

Turning slightly towards Jared, Kyle bent his head and whispered in Jared's ears, "For eternity."

"For eternity," Jared whispered back, his smile lighting his entire face as he turned and brought his lips gently to Kyle's.

Copyright © 2011 Renee Stevens; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 06/06/2011 04:00 AM, Andrew_Q_Gordon said:
That ending was perfect. Lovely, beautiful, romantic and sweet - perfect :)

 

Nuff said I suppose. :2thumbs:

Thank you so much for all the reviews Andy. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the story and found the ending to be the right one. I hate ending stories, simply because I have a really hard time letting my characters go. These two guys really got to me, and so did Matt. Might be why there are two more stories for these guys. Though, just an FYI, if you decided to read them, Matt's story is a M/F story. Thank you again!!!
Link to comment

I loved the characters in this story, and will definitely be looking for more of their life in your other stories. You explored their emotions perfectly Thank you.

Link to comment
On 04/05/2012 01:13 AM, joann414 said:
I loved the characters in this story, and will definitely be looking for more of their life in your other stories. You explored their emotions perfectly Thank you.
Thanks so much for the review! Glad to hear that you enjoyed the story enough to want to know more about the characters! The other story here on GA that includes these characters is called Eternal Christmas, I hope you enjoy that one just as much! Thanks again!
Link to comment
On 04/19/2012 05:33 PM, Jammi said:
That was sweet and simple. Nice way to end the story. Very nice Renee.
Thank you for the reviews! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the story enough to read it through to the end. I was uncertain at the time the best way to end it, but I thought that was a great way. Thank you again and look forward to hearing from you on any future stories you might read!
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..