Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Puppy Love - 6. Chapter 6

“Well, looks like it didn’t take you long to find someone new to sleep with.”

Turning towards the voice, Blaine felt his jaw drop open at the figure standing there. “What are you doing here Christian?”

“Oh, was just coming to see how your parents were doing,” Christian said spitefully.

“You should never have come here Christian,” Blaine said, climbing to his feet, hands fisted at his side. “You have some nerve, especially after what you did!”

“What I did? I didn’t do anything to you Levi, your parents deserved to know what a sick bastard they had raised.”

“I’m the one that’s sick huh? If you aren’t gay then why did you enjoy my dick up your ass? Or should that be my dick in your mouth, either way, you couldn’t seem to get enough of it.”

“That was all a mistake Blaine. I don’t know what you did to me, but whatever it was has worn off now.”

Blaine could feel the anger rising in him and had completely forgotten about Levi next to him. He was reminded of Levi’s presence when he felt a hand curl around his, silently offering support. Turning his head, he smiled softly at Levi before turning his glare back to Christian.

“So, who’s your new little fuck toy,’ Christian snarled.

“He’s not a fuck toy Christian, and it’s none of your business.”

“Blaine, you don’t have to protect me,” Levi said softly, moving so that he stood shoulder to shoulder with Blaine, their hands entwined. “As for you,” he said, turning gaze to Christian, “you are despicable. I don’t know how you found out where Blaine was, but you’d better leave before you piss me off even more.”

“Finding Blaine was easy, he likes the woods and he wasn’t at Marks. This was his favorite place to go camping, didn’t you know that?”

“Yeah, I’ve already learned that, as well as what kind of idiot you are. Now get out of here, because I’m done dealing with you and so is Blaine.”

“Can’t even stand up for yourself now, huh Blaine?”

“Get out of here Christian and stay as far away from me as possible.”

“I don’t know if I can do that Blaine, you ruined me and now I am going to ruin you.”

“You’re not going to succeed Christian, at least I can admit to who I am. I honestly think that makes me the stronger of the two of us. You need to move on, just like I have.”

“I’ll leave you, for now, but Blaine, you haven’t seen the last of me.”

“Yeah I have Christian; if you don’t leave me alone I will have a restraining order put against you, now leave.”

“I’m going, but we’ll finish this, eventually, bye Blaine.”

“Rot in hell Christian.”

“Nah, I think I’ll save that for you,” Christian answered before turning and heading back towards Blaine’s camp.

“Well, that was fun,” Levi said sarcastically. He instantly regretted his words when he noticed how Blaine was shaking. “Blaine, look at me, it’s going to be okay, he can’t do anything to you.”

“Yeah, well, he can try and fuck with what we’re trying to build.”

“He can only screw with it if we let him, and I for one am not going to, so don’t worry so much,” Levi said, wrapping his arms around Blaine, trying to ease the tension. They were quickly broken apart by a yell coming from Blaine’s camp, quickly followed by a loud pitch yelp.

“Ruff,” Blaine said hoarsely before turning and running at full speed towards camp, Levi following close behind. What he saw when he got to camp made his anger boil over. Obviously deciding that Christian wasn’t supposed to be there, Ruff had fastened his teeth around Christian’s pant leg. They arrived in camp just in time to see Christian pull back his other foot and plant his foot squarely in Ruff’s midsection, sending him flying.

“You sorry son of a bitch,” Blaine bellowed, charging towards where Christian was getting ready to climb into his truck. “You don’t lay a finger on my dog,” Blaine said as he pulled and decked Christian, his fist meeting with Christian’s nose.

“You bastard, it’s just a fucking dog.”

“He’s not just a fucking dog, he’s my dog,” Blaine said before grabbing the back of Christian’s shirt and shoving him up against the truck. “Don’t touch him again.’

Backing off he made his way over to where Levi was checking Ruff over. He barely spared Christian a glance as he climbed in his truck and pulled away, flinging gravel and dirt over where Levi and Blaine were examining the pup.

“Is he going to be okay?” Blaine asked worriedly.

“He’s going to be fine, but I can’t tell if anything is broken or fractured. Why don’t we take him into town and I’ll do some x-rays. It’s better to be safe than sorry.”

“I swear to god, if he seriously hurt Ruff I am going to kick his ass,” Blaine said, reaching over and carefully picking the pup up. “Levi, there’s a blanket in my tent, would you grab it and lay it on the seat of the truck? I want him to have somewhere comfortable to lie.”

“Sure, I’ll just be a sec,” Levi said, standing up and hurrying into the tent. He came back with a fake mink blanket. Hurrying over to the truck he arranged the blanket in the center of the bench seat before moving aside so that Blaine could place Ruff on it. “He’ll be okay Blaine,” Levi said softly.

“I hope so, but Christian did give him a pretty good kick.”

“Yeah, he did, but there’s no use in thinking the worst before we know if there is a good reason for it.” Knowing that Blaine needed some type of comfort, Levi stepped towards him and got up on his toes, pressing his lips very lightly to Blaine’s. “We’ll take care of it, I promise.”

“Thanks Levi, I’m glad you were here.”

“So was I, nobody should have to deal with any of that alone. Besides, I told you that I’d be by your side for as long as you wanted me here.”

Pulling away from Levi, Blaine waited until he was in the truck and then shut the door before going around to the other side, climbing in and firing up the engine. Blaine’s hand was tense on the gearshift as he thought about everything that Christian had said. He knew that it was a load or horse shit, but it made him so angry. Blaine was brought out of his thoughts when Levi placed his hand over his. Knowing that he had someone there with him made him feel somewhat better and he took his hand off the gear shift and turned it over, lacing his fingers with Levi’s.

“Thanks for being here.”

“I’m here to do what I can Blaine. If it hadn’t been for that pup then you probably would never have talked to me a second time.”

“That’s true; I was kind of being an ass.”

“Yeah, you were, but we got past that and things are starting to look up, so let’s not worry about Christian right now. We’ll make sure that Ruff is okay and then we can move on from there.”

***

Blaine sighed as he pulled up in front of the small cottage type house. The x-ray that Levi had given Ruff had shown that though there were not any fractures, Ruff did in fact have a couple of cracked ribs. Levi assured him that they would heal fine, but that the woods weren’t the best place for the healing process. Putting what the pup needed before his own wishes he had agreed to stay in one of Levi’s spare room until the pup was well.

Climbing out of the truck, Blaine gently picked up Ruff, blanket and all as Levi hurried and unlocked the front door of his house. Blaine followed behind at a more sedate pace, not entirely sure that he had made the smart decision. He could have taken Ruff to Mark’s house, but something kept telling him that the best thing for his new dog would be to be at Levi’s house. It also helped that he wanted to be near Levi.

Blaine glanced around as he walked into the house. The entryway went directly into the living room and Blaine walked over to the loveseat situated at the far end of the room and gently laid the blanket and Ruff on the cushions.

“How long do you think it will be until he’ll be healed?”

“Well, I would like to keep him away from the woods for a couple weeks, why?”

“Well, I was just thinking that if it was going to be a while then I should probably go and pack the stuff at camp up. With Christian knowing where I was camped at I wouldn’t put it past him to go and ransack or steal my shit.”

“Well, I have to go get my truck anyways, we can either take Ruff with us or I have a Kennel we can put him in. I gave him some pain killers at the clinic and they should keep him knocked out until we can get back. The Kennel would probably be best, that way we don’t have to move him too much.”

“That sounds like a plan, will you get the Kennel and we’ll get him set up and then get back on the road. I don’t want to leave him alone too long.”

“Yeah, I’ll get it, but can I talk to you for a minute before we head out?”

“Yeah, sure, what’s up?”

“How are you doing with all of this, honestly?”

“I’m doing okay; things are just so strange right now. I thought he was out of my life and now he just decides to show up. It took everything I had not to just beat the living hell out of him for some of the things that he said, but I reminded myself that they were just words. When he took it out on Ruff, well, that wasn’t just words and it infuriated me. Ruff is just a pup, from what I could see he didn’t even have his teeth in Christian, just his pant leg. It makes my try to figure out exactly what it was that I ever saw in him.”

“Sometimes things like that just don’t show up for a while.”

“Yeah, but I thought that I knew him, at least at first. I realized after the break-up that he wasn’t everything that he seemed, but to hurt an innocent dog, I never expected that.”

“I think we’re going to have to start expecting the unexpected. We’re going to have to watch out for him Blaine. I don’t think he was making idle threats.”

“As much as I wish I could say you were wrong, I think you’re right. I can look into getting a restraining order, but I’m not sure.”

“We can try to do that tomorrow, but for right now, let’s just worry about getting the stuff back from camp.”

“You’re right, but god I’m tired. I haven’t slept worth shit for the past few days.”

“Yeah, me neither. We’ll hopefully get some better sleep tonight.”

“Yeah, but in order to do that we need to go get my camp packed up and pick up your truck. I’ll get Ruff, will you get the Kennel?”

“Yeah, let’s get him settled and get out there. The sooner we leave the sooner we’ll be back, and with Christian out there I would feel safer if we were inside.”

“Yeah, I think you may be right,” Blaine said before going back over to where Ruff lay on the couch.

Within minutes they had Ruff settled and were back in the truck, headed towards the lake. It was a fairly silent ride to the lake; neither Blaine nor Levi really felt like making small talk. They were both in their own worlds, thinking about what had happened over the day and trying to find the best solution to the dilemma that was Christian.

With the two of them working together, it didn’t take long to pack up Blaine’s camp once they reached the site. They had the tent dismantled and packed up in no time flat. They had picked up Levi’s truck on the way to Blaine’s camp and they quickly loaded everything into the back of Levi’s truck. They would have loaded everything into Blaine’s truck but it would have taken longer because there was already stuff in the bed of Blaine’s truck.

Within a half hour they were back on the road, Blaine following behind Levi. Neither one of them ever noticed the truck that was following behind them. Reaching Levi’s house they quickly parked and headed into the house. The truck that had been following them slowed down as it passed by the house.

Copyright © 2011 Renee Stevens; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 13
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

One tiny tiny criticism. You called Blaine Levi at one point. Apart from that this was a really great chapter. I wanted to kill Christian when he hurt Ruff. The last few sentences were scary. I figure it was Christian. So what is he going to do? Given the story description I bet it's nothing good

Link to comment
On 04/09/2011 09:45 PM, Nephylim said:
One tiny tiny criticism. You called Blaine Levi at one point. Apart from that this was a really great chapter. I wanted to kill Christian when he hurt Ruff. The last few sentences were scary. I figure it was Christian. So what is he going to do? Given the story description I bet it's nothing good
Thanks Nephy! Unless I already went in and fixed it, I couldn't find where it was that I called Blaine "Levi".... Yeah, I really really don't like Christian!
Link to comment

Well for someone named Christian, he is anything but. I hope as this moves along we find the motivation for this inexplicable change in the ex. I do so love the - you weren't acting all that straight with my dick in your ass - line :P

 

The bit at the end - see my PM to you. Nuff said ;)

Link to comment
On 06/08/2011 12:34 AM, Andrew_Q_Gordon said:
Well for someone named Christian, he is anything but. I hope as this moves along we find the motivation for this inexplicable change in the ex. I do so love the - you weren't acting all that straight with my dick in your ass - line :P

 

The bit at the end - see my PM to you. Nuff said ;)

Yeah, that was my favorite line in that chapter. I appreciate the thought you put into that PM... it gave me some stuff to think about! Hugs!
Link to comment

I have to agree with Andy on the name Christian. Certainly not fitting:P I hate that he kicked the dog and I think I'd been much meaner than Blaine. Christian would've been kicked also. "asshole"

If that's Christian following them, then I hope Blaine takes Levi's advice and stays on alert for the bastard!

Link to comment

I don’t understand Christian he is the one who broke up with Blaine threw him out of his house outed him to his parents what is he accusing Blaine of doing again? Don’t make sense who does that crazy 😜 ppl 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..