Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Aedan's Story - 19. Chapter 19: Hi High School

Aedan and Jake finally enter high school!

August 27 2018

After a long, and underwhelming first day of school, I was at Lacrosse practice with Connor and Vincent. Most days, we would be having practice during seventh period, but the first day of school didn't have normal class periods, so we had practice after school. Vincent had been going on and on about his girlfriend.

"You wanna bet he don't actually got a girl...?" I snickered quietly to Connor, who nodded and laughed.

"Hey! I do have a girlfriend!" Vincent argued. "You just haven't met her yet."

"Then where is she, dude?" I scoffed and drank some gatorade. "Yer all talk and zero evidence if this imaginary girlfriend."

"She's not imaginary! I swear!" Vincent ran over to his backpack to get his phone to show us texts. He ran back and tried opening it. "Damn... it ran outta battery..." Vincent sighed.

"What a convenient excuse..." I shook my head. A rumble of thunder I heard in the distance.

"Alright, boys, practice is over. Leave your equipment in the gym. I'll see you all tomorrow."

"If my phone were working, I'd have my girlfriend come over and pick us up," Vincent said as we were walking inside.

"DUDE! Give it a rest!" I drawled. "You're obsessed with your fake girlfriend!"

"Aedan, shut up... you're single. Unlike me."

"I will punch you..." Connor said plainly. "Aedan's right. Just stop talking until you have actual proof..."

"I can call my mom to give us a ride home. She just got off work at 4PM," I offered.

"That's cute. Mommy giving you a ride home." Vincent taunted.

"Dude... we're fourteen! None of us have a driver's license!" I growled.

"My girlfriend can drive," Vincent said smugly as Connor walked into to the gym. I shoved Vincent backwards and ran inside while Connor removed the doorstop and the door locked shut.


September 14 2018

"You're coming to the soccer game this afternoon, right?" Jake excitedly asked me as we walked into school. I gave him a nod. "Yay! Thanks, dude! I need to go take that Algebra test I'll be missing in 7th period." I wished him luck before he ran off. I went to find Kelly. I had been working up the courage to ask her out. I know... she's older than me... but I really like hanging out with her before school or between classes. I found her sitting by her locker and plopped down next to her and rested my hands in the pockets of my jeans.

"Oh, hey, Aedan. Happy Friday," she smiled at me.

Now's your chance bro... "Um, so, uh, Kelly," I felt my cheeks blush. "This is gonna sound really stupid, but do you want to go out, or somethin'? We could go to my friend's soccer game? Or... or... go out for dinner tomorrow?"

Kelly giggled. "You're very sweet, Aedan. But I already have a boyfriend."

"Oh," I facepalmed. "Sorry... gawd, I feel like an idiot. Yer probably dating a guy closer to your age."

"Actually, he's a freshman." My eyes widened, and I saw Vincent come up. "Speak of the devil... or should I say... angel." He sat down and she kissed his cheek.

"SERIOUSLY?!" my jaw dropped. I wanted to puke. Vincent and Kelly?! I was not expecting that! "DUDE?! She's the girlfriend you wouldn't shut up about?!"

"Yeah. I wasn't lying," Vincent smirked. It took some willpower to not punch him. "Tough luck, kid."

My eyes narrowed. "I'll see you during lacrosse practice, I guess." I walked off to the art room to sulk, and Connor was in there, working on something.

"Hey," Connor said as I sat down and buried my head in my arms. "Woah what's wrong?"

"Vincent..." I groaned. Connor seemed to understand and left me alone.


Oct 6 2018

"Aedan, you look so cute!" my mom was taking pictures of Jake and I in the backyard before we went off to homecoming. She wanted some fall colors as a backdrop.

"Mom..." I whined with a slight blush.

"Bailey's here!" Jake excitedly went to the front door.

"Well, have fun at homecoming, baby..." mom kissed my cheek. "Get home by midnight, okay?"

"Yes, ma'am," I nodded.

"Find yourself a cute girl... or guy... to dance with," she laughed.

"I think I'll be alright hanging with my friends, but thanks, mom," I smiled and followed Jake. Kevin and Bailey were talking with Jake, and we all rode in Kayley's car to homecoming at Avalon High School. At the dance, Jake had gone to the bathroom after drinking a few cups of punch.

"Hey, Aedan," Bailey approached me.

"Um, Jake's still in the bathroom if you're lookin' fer him," I explained. I wasn't sure what else to say. Bailey's been less than friendly to me for MONTHS.

"Um, actually, I'm here for you."

"What do you want? To kick me? Trip me? Dump punch on my head?" She grabbed my hand. I quickly shrugged it off. "What the hell?! You're dating Jake!" I hissed at the brunette.

"I know, but you're hotter than him. Just... come dance with me."

"No. I ain't gonna betray my best friend like that!"

"Whatever... just kiss me..." she leaned in and I tried to push her off.

"Stop it!"

"Aedan?! What the-?" Jake walked up.

"Jakey... Aedan pushed me. He's so mean..." Bailey feigned.

"Dude... your girlfriend was hitting on me!" I explained. "I'm serious."

"Bailey... I trusted you..." Jake frowned. I saw some tears in his grey eyes.

"You're really gonna believe some hillbilly redneck boy over your own girlfriend?" She crossed her arms.

I'm right here, bitch...

"This 'redneck boy' is my best friend," he put a hand on my shoulder. "And I believe him when he says you tried to hit on him. Get away from me," Bailey walked away in a huff and Jake and I sat down.

"Dude, I'm so sorry," I said.

"My first girlfriend tried to cheat on me. AND insult you."

"Hey, she ain't wrong. I am a redneck," I grinned. "You could dance with me if you want?" I offered. I led Jake to the dance floor and began. "I didn't know you could dance," I laughed.

"My parents had me do Cotillion when I was eleven," Jake laughed. "Plus some ballroom dancing summer classes. And I might be good at the tango."

"That's cool. All I can do is square dancing from sixth grade PE. Other than that, I got two left feet."

Jake then taught me some formal dances and I tried not to be clumsy. Curse my long legs! My heart raced when he spun me around and did the tango with me. Other students were watching us but I didn't care. I liked dancing with Jake. When a country song came on, I taught him how to do-si-do and square dance like I was taught back in the South. The whole night was so much fun.


Oct 8 2018

"Alright students, don't forget your political and physical maps of Latin America are due Friday," the geography teacher, Mr. Zimmerman, said as the bell rang. Today was going great! I loved map assignments because I got to use my art skills and I was excited to play in the big lacrosse game later today. But, best of all, I was still glowing after homecoming and spending that night with Jake. I put my pens and phone in the pockets of my shorts and stood up to go to my locker after first period. I was greeted by Kevin, who was by my locker.

"Hey, Kev," I smiled. He was wearing a rather unfriendly facial expression.

"I warned you, Aedan," Kevin scoffed.

"Woah what?"

"You heard me," the football player stepped closer as I opened my locker. "You messed with my sister. You pushed her. And you broke up her and Jake."

"Yeah, because she was flirting with me. She was cheating on Jake. He's my best friend. I'm not gonna let your bitch of a sister do that to him!" Upon saying that, the taller boy shoved me backwards into the wall of lockers. My shoulderblades and back of my head hit the metal. "Ow! What the fuck, dude?!" I yelped.

"NEVER call my sister that, punk." he spat. "You're lucky you're too big for me to stuff you into that locker..." Kevin walked away.

"Oh my God, Aedan?! Are you okay?!" Jake rushed over. I nodded slightly. "Are you hurt?"

"I'm a little bruised but I'll be okay. I've had worse," I muttered. My dad and other middle school bullies had gotten me used to violence a bit too easily.

"Aedan, you were in a fight..."

"I'm fine. Seriously. If my asshole dad taught me anything, it's how to take a damn beating. Besides, I have a game this afternoon."

"Okay. Please be careful. Why did Kevin go all berserk on you?" I explained to him what Kevin said. "That jerk! I'll show him!"

"No, Jakey," (why did I just call him that?) "Don't get into a fight too. I got myself mixed up in your thing when I shouldn't have."

"Nah, Bailey ruined it when she tried flirting with you. Maybe she needs a second chance. She didn't really do anything"

My heart sank a little. "She clearly hit on me, Jake. But it's up to you," I shrugged.


That afternoon, during seventh period, I was getting dressed in my lacrosse uniform, putting my pads on. The coach walked by and noticed my bruised shoulders. "Jackson, what happened? You got hurt?"

"Um, yessir, a student, Kevin Wilcox, shoved me into a locker earlier. I'm just a little bruised. I should be good to play, sir." I said before pulling my navy blue jersey on.

"Go to the nurse's office. I want to make sure you don't have a concussion before I let you play, kiddo."

I quickly made my way to the nurse's office, where she quickly checked me for signs of a concussion, which I thankfully didn't have.

Not much later, I was on the field for the lacrosse game against the Titans from Clawthorne High School, one of the best teams in the state.

I looked to the bleachers at Jake who was cheering for me. I waved to him before popping my mouth guard in and putting my helmet on. The game started out horribly for us. They had better control of the ball and were a bit more liberal with using their stick to hit people. Thankfully, we wear protective pads for that reason. In the second half, we were able to narrow the score to a tie at 15 goals. At the start of a play, Vincent managed to scoop the ball off the ground before a stupid Titan could get at it. I quickly made eye contact with my teammate. "Aedan!" He passed the ball at me, and I caught it in the head of my stick before making my way for the goal. I nimbly dodged the Titan players trying to grab the ball from me or whack me with their sticks. I shot the ball into the goal. The goalie tried to catch the ball with his stick, but missed and I scored a point just seconds before the last quarter ended. "Awesome shot!" Vincent high fived me as I removed my sweaty helmet, freeing my chin-length dark hair.

"Yeah, bro, saved us from overtime," Connor patted my back.

"Thanks," I wiped my hands on my shorts. Jake came onto the field. "Jake... hey..." He hugged me. "Dude... I'm all sweaty."

"I don't care. That was awesome..." Jake brushed the bangs out of my face and I blushed. Vincent and Connor gave each other a look.

Copyright © 2023 RichardWrites; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 14
  • Love 5
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Sad 1
Thanks for reading! Reviews are always welcome! :)
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Aedan and Jake are really getting along. Jake's Homecoming date hit on Aedan and Jake took his word when she denied it. They danced together later at Homecoming in front of everyone. Aedan scored the winning lacrosse goal and Jake ran on the field and hugged a sweaty Aedan. Two friends looked on and were suspicious. The hug was too revealing to them. Jake really likes Aedan. They do not yet admit they are attracted to each other.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Oh the drama of high school...what are the odds the tramp aka Bailey has boyfriends on a revolving door and preggo before she's a Junior?????

  • Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..