Jump to content
    RolandQ
  • Author
  • 4,193 Words
  • 995 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The People of the Forest - 11. Chapter 11

Chapter 11 - The City of the River

The woods became sparser as we continued on our journey, slowly giving way to marshy ground. Our footprints filled with water with each step. Water fowl flew overhead circling to greet Gar though treating the rest of our group with caution. Gar blossomed in the natural environment. Tro sought to emulate Gar’s movements as if deep instincts were aroused with this return to nature. We pressed on through the wetland having to pick our way among deep pools and flowing streams, seeking any higher, more solid ground. We began to feel a current in the water as we were forced to wade. Gar nodded to my question as to whether we were nearing the river itself. We spent a damp and uncomfortable night on a small hummock, hoping that we would reach our destination. Even in these far less than ideal conditions, Gar made love to me and Tro to Trevor providing a lovely diversion for a time.

We had long ago abandoned most of our luggage, it being too heavy to carry once the carts bogged down in mud. Even Gar had difficulty finding enough plants and fruit to feed our entire party. We pressed on, now wet and hungry. Swarms of bugs surround most of us, allowing Gar and Tro to proceed unmolested. Our guards and porters suffered even more than Trevor and I. Trevor speculated that last night’s generous deposit from our Men of the Forest might be deterring the pests.

Another half day and we could hear the movement of water not far ahead. Gar led us to a cluster of trees that held some solid footing. There we regrouped now facing the wide expanse of the river. In the center of the flow were a group of islands. Huts were interspersed among the trees looking like a small village. Straining to see across the space, I could see that the chain of islands stretched nearly out of sight. This was our destination, the City of the River.

The blast of a horn came across the water. We could see people on the islands, many pulling their boats out of the river. Not far upstream from where we stood, a small boat shot out of dense reeds, propelled by a sturdy youth. He made quick work of crossing the river and like the others pulled up his boat and disappeared.

The river was too great an obstacle for us to cross unaided. I advised everyone to relax, wondering how we could alert the king of the city of our presence. Tro fondled Trevor, bringing him to occasional shrieks of laughter. Some of our guards began to look jealous, particularly when Tro’s attentions brought Trevor to climax.

Gar was more introspective, examining the distant huts, pacing along the water’s edge, eager to move on. I was attempting to distract him with well-placed kisses along his arms, across his chest and down to his cock. I was getting the response I had intended when Gar stood upright. For the first time it wasn’t his cock standing. He motioned out over the water, pointing toward a vast flotilla of boats, each illuminated with torches. They made their way directly towards us. In the center was a large vessel. It appeared to be made of two large boats with a platform suspended between them. As the boats approached I could see a man standing on the platform, his features blurred by the dancing light. In time they crossed the distance and approached were we stood.

“Excellency? Are you the party from the City of Walls?” the man asked when close.

I replied cautiously, “Yes, but how did you know of our presence.”

The man laughed merrily causing a thin crown he wore on his brow to glitter in the fire light. “My dear man, we’ve been eager to see you safe. There has been much turmoil these past few days. I have had word from my very distant cousin, the King of the City of Walls that you were to be expected. In the interim, large groups of armed men have been seen searching everywhere, everywhere but our watery place. Perhaps you were what they sought. I marvel that you could cross the marshes safely, but if I’m not mistaken I see two of the legendary Men of the Forest in your party. That would explain all the commotion the birds have been making. Yes the birds speak to my people, too. They told of a group approaching. You may have seen our sentry crossing the water earlier. I apologize for our delay, but I thought it prudent to wait until dark, fearing there might yet be spies in the wood.”

“Your Worship,” I began, “The King of the City of Walls sends his greetings.”

“Now, now, now,” the king interrupted. “We’ll have none of that formal talk. You will find us a warm and loving people more given to celebration and fun than propriety. Come aboard and let us take you to our city where you can be comfortable and at ease.”

“We thank you for your welcome and apologize for our appearance. It has been a difficult journey. We had to abandon our luggage and supplies.”

“Think nothing of it. We can outfit you when time comes for you to leave us. I hope that is far in the future. Now come.”

From his hearty welcome to his guileless face, the king emitted trustworthiness and friendliness. I led our group onto the king’s vessel, having none of the apprehension I felt at the City of the Cliffs. Still, I was eager to ask how he stood on the issue of the Lord of the Deep Valley. Before I could pose the question, the king took my hand in his and drew me near. “What an awful business it is with the Deep Valley. Here we are their closest neighbor, although amply protected by the river, yet the Lord of the Deep Valley threatens and demands tribute. Let him try to exact it, I say. Any who attack here will soon find their way to the bottom.”

“I am much relieved to hear you say that.”

“Assure your king that we will resist any assault – and I’m confident we can prevail. More, if our other peace-loving friends need our help, they shall have it. I fear we are much better suited to life on the water, but we will do whatever we can on the land.”

I laughed at the genuine spirit of the king. He beamed in return.

“I see we are almost to the city. Follow me to housing that is prepared for you.”

The king led us to a circle of round houses, roofed with thatch. These were much more than the huts they appeared to be at a distance. They were expansive, gracious homes. Our escort guards and porters gathered into the largest. Trevor and Tro headed for a more modestly sized one and Gar and I to another. Inside was a table laid with a generous meal, a large bed to one side and a glowing hearth at the center. Smoke rose up through a hole in the roof, leaving an aromatic scent from the burning wood.

I saw Gar’s eyes wander about the room. First his eyes lighted on the table laden with succulent fruits and vegetables. Next they focused on the large bed, turned down and inviting. He sought my attention by touching my shoulder, his face showing his mixed desires. I shared both his needs. I took him by the hand and led him to the table, handing him a bowl of fruit, took a bowl of prepared food and led him to the bed. He laughed knowingly. We proceeded to feed each other, our bodies entwined. We fed our one hunger, then the other.

The sun was well up when we emerged from the house. Some men near the river bank called to us to join them. They were heating rocks on a fire, then putting them into a pool made by a small, nearly enclosed bay. The water was warmed by the rocks though occasional cools currents came through. We bathed each other which was sorely needed after our night’s activities.

A young man approached us as we dried. “Please, my father asks you to join him this morning. You haven’t eaten have you?”

Gar and I suppressed a chuckle, we had certainly had our mouths full earlier that morning. “No and we are very hungry.”

The young man led us to a pavilion set out into the river on a peninsula. There, lounging on a divan with attendants handing him food and drink was the king.

“Ah, my young diplomats. Come sit down, have something to eat.” He looked us over as we came nearer. “I think I spy the after effects of a night of passion, if I’m not mistaken,” he chuckled. “I do believe there is something in the air of this place that raises desires – among other things.” He was arch.

“My liege, your hospitality has inspired,” I replied with forbidden formality. The king laughed heartily.

“To more weighty matters, if less pleasant. Tell me your plans, I’ll see how I can help.”

“Our first priority was to determine how you and your people stood concerning the threats from the Valley of the Deep.”

“I stand by my words of last night. I despise what the Lord of the Deep Valley has done to his own people, turning them into a machine of war. Worse is how he threatens all the rest of us. We stand with the City of the Walls.”

“This is the best news I could hear. The City of Cliffs seems to have fallen under the Lord of the Deep Valley’s influence. I believe they alerted him to our presence and tried to confine us. We escaped by the bravery, cleverness and strength of my companions.”

At the edge of the pavilion, the very brave and clever Trevor stumbled up the step. Tro followed a pace behind, catching him before he fell.

“We must have slept in,” Trevor apologized. “I think it must be something in the air around here. Tro was more amorous than usual. I didn’t think that possible but here I stand, a relic of myself, evidence of his passion.”

“Poor boy,” I sympathized. “Come, eat something to restore yourself, and join our plotting. I’m about to tell the king our plans. We’ll need his advice and counsel for our next mission.”

I explained to the king of our intention to go to the City of the Deep to convince my king’s son to return to the City of Walls. If he were captive, then we were to ensure his and his family’s escape.

The king looked thoughtful. “The City of the Deep Valley is a formidable place. The only entrance is through a long chasm so narrow in some places that two men cannot walk abreast. The city itself clings to the sides of the namesake Deep Valley on many terraces. Going from one end to the other is very confusing, if not difficult. I was last there upon the death of the earlier lord, more to size up the new lord as to pay honor. Since then I have heard that the city has become a vast armory, smithies dedicated to making armaments throughout. The only level areas are used to train armies. Extracting the king’s son will be dangerous and difficult.”

I nodded my understanding.

“I suggest as small a party as possible to not arouse suspicion. I acknowledge that this will compromise your security but considering the might of the army that is the City of the Deep Valley, I think guile is your only chance.”

“My plan,” I shared, “is to present my credentials as ambassador accompanied by my fearsome animals, Gar and Tro. I hope that the Lord of the Deep Valley will allow Reskin and his family to leave. If that seems unlikely, we’ll do what we can do help the king’s son to escape.”

The king looked at me quizzically. “Fearsome animals? Surely not these two enchanting men. Large, yes, fearsome, no.”

Gar and Tro leapt into their roles as terrifying creatures, surrounding the king threateningly. He was not taken in, but his sons came running with weapons drawn. “Hold there my boys, this is only acting, but very convincing acting, indeed.”

“My first concern is to elude any search parties still abroad looking for us. It would be better to appear to be a different group coming directly from the City of Walls.”

The king pondered a moment, eying our party carefully. “I suppose after what you’ve already endured and are likely to experience in the City of the Deep Valley, you can bear another challenging leg in your journey.”

“We will bear all to complete our mission,” I responded, hoping whatever suggestion the king had could indeed be borne.

“Of that I have no doubt. The river, while broad and easy flowing here divides in two, one channel takes a broad sweeping bend, the other passes through a narrow defile on its journey to the east. With our guides, the narrows can be passed safely. In less than an hour, this will take you a day’s walk and near the road to the City of Walls.”

One of the king’s sons stepped forward. “Father, let us your sons be their guides. We know the river as well as anyone. It could be our first service in resistance to the Lord of the Deep Valley.”

The king nodded his assent.

“Better still, since the plan is to convince any searchers that what they see is a different party, let us take a troop of men and augment the ambassador’s escort. We can camp near the entrance to the City of the Deep Valley and add to their defense.”

“A father cannot be prouder of sons that are both brave and clever.” He beamed at them. “Another thought, I think it better to alter your plans to have the ambassadorial beasts. They would likely mark you as the party that is sought. I suggest they be outfitted as guards. If we surround them with our tallest men, they won’t stand out as much.”

“Wise counsel, my liege,” I said accepting the advice.

“Simon, when do you wish to depart?”

“As much as I’d enjoy staying within the inspiring atmosphere of your city and enjoy my lover’s enthusiasm, we should prepare to depart as soon as preparations can be made. I am concerned that your sons and others you send with us will be in danger. I am beyond grateful at their offer and admire the plan but fear for their safety.”

“Bah,” the king uttered. “While I offer to stand beside the City of Walls I as much do this for our own safety and the peace of all the lands. I am in dread of what could befall my sons, but more I dread what could happened to my city should the Lord of the Deep Valley not be stopped. Radley,” the king said addressing his eldest sons, “you have in mind what must be done to make ready. Proceed. Can you plan to be underway in two days?”

Radley scratched his chin, thinking. “We can be ready by tomorrow evening. If we go through the channel at night, none will see us.”

The king looked alarmed. “Can that be done? Is it safe?”

The king’s four sons looked at each other and shared a soft laugh. Radley spoke again. “Father, I thought you knew. How do you think we used to escape the watchful eye of our military trainer? He was always arranging ‘healthful’ overnight marches. Whenever our route was to the east, we’d sneak away, run the rapids and have time to relax on the other side.”

Another son challenged Radley. “Relax? You usually had someone waiting to relax with, if I recall correctly.” Radley hushed his brother with a glare. Then all the brothers and king laughed heartily.

“Too clever by half, dear boy. And now your youthful misbehavior becomes a crucial tactic. A lesson to be open to be informed by all life experience when you take my place.”

The entire city set about preparations. Additional men were recruited, really volunteered to join our expedition. They all assumed costumes more like that worn by people from the City of Walls to be consistent with our plans of appearing to be of that place. Long, thin boats were gathered and loaded with our gear. Impressive robes of state were added for Trevor and myself and Gar and Tro were outfitted as well as could be for the role of soldier. The boats were soon loaded, but too late to depart that evening. We set about waiting.

I felt mounting tension, beginning to fear the next phase of our mission, for myself, certainly, but even more so for my companions and now for the king’s sons and citizens. I paced about aimlessly unable to be calm. Gar observed my unsettled state. I saw him wink at Tro as he bodily lifted me under one arm and carried me into our house. I saw Trevor similarly hauled off before the flap at our doorway swung shut.

I had begun protesting when Gar dropped me onto the bed and stripped away my clothing. His own modesty wrap fell away as he kneeled taking the toes of one of my feet into his mouth. I’m sure I shrieked as he began an oral assault, to be followed by a thorough tonguing along my shins. Before he got to my knees I was raging hard. He crawled onto the bed revealing his own massive erection along with a smile of pure lust. His tongue continued until it lapped at my balls, then lower into my ass. I was soon craving his cock, yet he continued probing my ass with his tongue until it took all my will and attention to stop from cumming. His lusty smile became one of cunning as he left me on the edge. My entire body lusted him, yet he teased me by laying his cock on mine. He throbbed it a few times, again nearly pushing me too close.

“If you’re trying to distract me, I’m distracted. Fuck me already.”

He slid his long thick cock along mine, setting it to throbbing. He teased my balls with his cockhead then with exquisite slowness placed it against my hole applying only the lightest pressure. I was nearly out of my mind with lust. Now his smile was sweet. I felt my hole giving way to his heated cockhead, surprised anew at how far I could stretch. As the flair of the head pushed passed, I convulsed, my ass experiencing complete overload of sensation. I was somehow able to hold on to my orgasm, desperately saving it for what I hoped would be a long, drawn out fuck. He continued pushing in pausing only to make sure I was at the edge. He began to fuck: slowly, quick, deep, shallow. When I aligned with his rhythm, he would change, constantly throwing me off, keeping me from cumming. My cock raged for release, my balls ached, yet he went on and on. He withdrew so the ridge of his cockhead rode along my prostate, then proceeded with tiny thrusts rubbing the sweet spot taking my breath away. With a mighty thrust he entered me completely and emptied his load in what seemed an endless volleys. I could see the extreme satisfaction on his face, from the orgasm, but more from denying me an orgasm a little longer. I was beyond speech, unable to move so great was my need. He pulled out of me in one quick movement, nearly stopping my heart with the shock. My cock felt about to explode it was so hard. My wily lover teased me with his tongue, barely touching my slit, then swirling the whole head. I involuntarily thrust forward, he met me taking me into his throat. I felt only two brief pulses of his throat muscles when I began to unload. Gar had a look of surprise as my orgasm continued and continued. He demanded more squeezing my balls. My cock complied. I remained at the heightened state, consumed by my orgasm.

And then it was morning.

Trevor entered the house, somewhat bedraggled. “I think you look like how I feel,” he said with a laugh “thoroughly fucked.”

I tried to reply, but had not yet regained the strength or coordination to speak. Gar fussed over me, kissing and touching. My cock was enormously swollen, not with lust but from being distended for so long. Gar kissed the bloated shaft from balls to head. A big drop of left over cum oozed out landing on his tongue. He smiled with satisfaction.

Trevor continued, “Yup, thoroughly fucked. Are you going to be alright to go later?”

I was able murmur in reply, “I think so, if I don’t have to walk too far.” Gar petted me then fed me some fruit. I began to feel more alert.

“The king’s son wants to do a briefing later about our journey on the river. Do you think you can haul that bloated cock as far as the pavilion?”

“I’m not sure, but Gar can help me with it, it’s all his doing. No wonder I love him. I was afraid I wouldn’t sleep a wink. Off you go, we’ll be along in a few minutes. I should probably clean up.”

Gar helped me to the pool by the river, washed me gently, dressed me, then was about to carry me. I stopped him, adjusting my cock so I could walk somewhat normally, if very slowly.

“Ah, there you are Simon,” the king greeted me too cheerily, not doubt seeing my condition. “Pleasant dreams last night?”

“I think it was all real, but I could be convinced otherwise.”

Gar smiled proudly.

“Settle yourself on this soft couch. Radley, you may begin.”

Radley reviewed the state of preparation and the plan for getting underway. It would take several hours to reach the defile, though the speed of the river and our journey on it would steadily increase. He omitted details about the passage through the narrows, but focused on our landing and regrouping. I didn’t realize until later all he had left out.

As evening approached, we embarked into the boats and pushed out into the current. But for the dangerous mission ahead, it could have been a pleasant outing on the river. I was becoming anxious again, when Gar leaned over me, opened my robe and lifted my still distended cock to his lips. I felt a jolt of desire, unsettling the boat.

“Hold on there, you two, you’ll tip us over” Radley cautioned laughing.

I resolved to relax. He held my cock affectionately, laughing quietly to himself.

As predicted, the river began to narrow and our speed increased. We passed a point of land that divided the river and could hear the distant roar of the narrowing river. Paddling ceased, all effort was made to steer the flotilla of boats. The sound of rushing water increased steadily as we approached what looked like an impenetrable cliff face. Going faster and faster we were drawn into the defile that continued narrowing, the water compressed to frightening speed. Water splashed off the sides of the defile which were close enough to touch both sides with outstretched arms. The slightest turning seemed certain to dash our boats to bits, but the steady hands of Radley and his brothers, their self-assured look, took us safely through.

Almost as suddenly as we had entered the narrows were propelled out onto a calm lake. Momentum carried us to a landing spot on the shore. I was glad to get on my feet again, relieved to have survived and more than impressed with the king’s sons. I thanked them heartily for sharing their skills.

We gathered together on the shore forming up into a procession. I asked Gar, with all his forest stealth, to go ahead to make sure our group could come upon the road from the City of the Walls without being seen. Gar reported back a short while later that the only people evident were a group of soldiers loitering at a bridge over the gorge through which we had just passed. They appeared to be unaware of our recent passage.

Radley formed up the troops and led us toward the bridge. On approaching, those on guard they called for us to halt and explain our mission. Radley responded that we were a diplomatic entourage from the City of Walls demanding passage to visit the court of the Lord of the Deep Valley. The guards looked us over carefully, but seemed satisfied that we could not be the small party they sought and allowed us to pass over the bridge. Gar and Tro hunched down in the middle of the ranks, drawing no attention to themselves.

End of Chapter 11
Copyright © 2014 RolandQ; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..