Jump to content
    Ron
  • Author
  • 480 Words
  • 1,650 Views
  • 19 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Prompting Into the Future - 2015 and Beyond - 2. Circle, Square and Loop

This short story is part of the GA Newsletter game for June, 2017.

Circle opened the front door and found a Loop. Circle stared, shocked, but then Circle remembered he had a value and… with certain Geometrics, a Loop is quite valuable. Not that Circle had any call for a Loop, not really, not with the attention he was receiving from Square. Still, Square was being sexually pushy and Circle wondered if he might have to give in and let Square do what he wished to do (and soon). Fortunately today wouldn’t be the day and because Loop was young and in need of care, Circle’s virtue would, maybe, just be able to hang on a little longer. Circle ushered Loop into the house and went about making him comfortable and welcome—very welcome.

The very next day Square arrived for a visit (hopefully conjugate) and Circle joyfully introduced him to Loop. Though Circle cooed and made a fuss over Loop as a wonderful addition to his home, Square acted put-out that Loop was there. In fact Square was very nearly, close to being, downright hostile in his thoughts of Loop and his possible interference with Square’s courtship of Circle—and it showed.

No matter how much Square tightened up his corners (which he did often) and emboldened his lines (which he also did often) during further visits, Circle seemed unimpressed. Loop, on the other hand, was undeterred in wiggling himself in between Circle and Square, and at the most inopportune moments—thereby preventing Square from pressing his affection upon Circle.

Now, Loop was a fast grower and it didn’t take too very long—not long at all, really—before he was very nearly the size of Circle and Square. This, of course, meant that Loop had become an adult and he began to press his own case of affection for Circle, while Square wasn’t around. Loop’s expression of love required a little adjustment on Circle’s own account (though not much). Not to mention that Loop was a rather handsome devil.

All things must come to an end—or, a head, in this case—and on a Tuesday they did. Square was determined to press his case. Loop was prepared to defend Circle’s virtue (and later take it). Circle was all aflutter at having two suitors. Square, as tight cornered and bold as he’d ever been, came for Circle. As usual, Loop imposed himself in between the two Geometrics. Square, undeterred, leaned in aggressively and Loop… well, Loop did a wondrous thing… he expanded to a size larger than Square and pushed him back.

It was then that Square realized his defeat and slunk away from Circle’s home. Some say that Square was so deflated from his loss that day that he became Rectangle—that he moved to the other side of the city of Equation, never to be seen on this side again.

Circle and Loop lived happily ever after.

2015 R.L. Hunter; All Rights Reserved
  • Like 14
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Ron, this is perfect! You had difficult words ( :blushing: ) You managed squaring the circle as we say around here. I really enjoyed this.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

This one had me laughing! Geometrical love... I kept mumbling "Don't be a square" or "That threw them through a loop...". Language is just so much fun to play with and explore. You did a great job with these words. So imaginative!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

LOL how great is this one! Magnificent.  I really enjoyed it, even I was thinking about the next math lesson I have to give.

Link to comment

This reminded me of an old Loony Toon short. Where Circle, Loop, and Square all danced to music on the screen. Or was it Fantasia? Ethier way, I could picture this story perfectly in my head. Excellent work.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
11 hours ago, aditus said:

Ron, this is perfect! You had difficult words ( :blushing: ) You managed squaring the circle as we say around here. I really enjoyed this.

Thank you, Aditus. The story just seemed to magically, or was that maniacally, come to me.

 

10 hours ago, Puppilull said:

This one had me laughing! Geometrical love... I kept mumbling "Don't be a square" or "That threw them through a loop...". Language is just so much fun to play with and explore. You did a great job with these words. So imaginative!

At your service dear, laughter is good for the soul. Thanks.

 

10 hours ago, Lyssa said:

LOL how great is this one! Magnificent.  I really enjoyed it, even I was thinking about the next math lesson I have to give.

I'm thrilled that you liked the story, Lyssa. But, I believe you meant to say that the story was Mathnificent! There, all better now.😜

 

10 hours ago, Dolores Esteban said:

Amazing. A true surprise. Thanks.

Thank you, Dolores. Believe me, this story was a true surprise for me, too.

 

9 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Brilliant!! 

I'll take that compliment, tim. Thank you

 

7 hours ago, northie said:

Utterly wonderful and beguiling.

Cool! Thanks, Northie.

 

5 hours ago, Freerider said:

Very creative and funny!

 

Ha, made you laugh. Thanks, Freerider.

 

5 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

This reminded me of an old Loony Toon short. Where Circle, Loop, and Square all danced to music on the screen. Or was it Fantasia? Ethier way, I could picture this story perfectly in my head. Excellent work.

Thank you, BHopper2. I'd say this was more in the nature of a Loony Toons short, but on the secret, back channel not the kiddy one.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

LOL!! I love the Geometry play in this. Well done, and very funny.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Can you hear my guffaw? I haven't used that word in recent memory. Very clever, and quite entertaining. Rectangle... guffaw again. Great job, Ron... cheers... Gary....

  • Like 2
Link to comment

This made my mathematical heart sing! :D 

 

PS: Your next story should have Circle baking some pi for Loop. ;) 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
16 hours ago, Cia said:

LOL!! I love the Geometry play in this. Well done, and very funny.

Thank you, Cia. Humor seemed the best direction to take and since my geometry skills are laughable...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
16 hours ago, Defiance19 said:

LOL! Geometrics. This was amazing and funny and I loved it.. Well done! 

Thank you. I'm so glad that you liked my story, Defiance19.

Link to comment
15 hours ago, Headstall said:

Can you hear my guffaw? I haven't used that word in recent memory. Very clever, and quite entertaining. Rectangle... guffaw again. Great job, Ron... cheers... Gary....

I do hope you didn't hurt anything. No guffaws here, but your comments definitely had me chuckling, Gary. Thanks a bunch!

Link to comment
14 hours ago, Drew Espinosa said:

This made my mathematical heart sing! :D 

 

PS: Your next story should have Circle baking some pi for Loop. ;) 

I'm not sure I've ever had that effect on anyone, not that they've told me anyway. Thanks, Drew. Um, I think I'll leave pie in your domain.

Link to comment

This was very cleverly written! It made me chuckle several times! The best part is my math knowledge was enough to understand without being lost! 😷🤩😃 Thanks. 

Link to comment

A little math knowledge goes a long way and I’m glad my own didn’t subtract from your enjoyment of the story. Thank you.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..