Jump to content
    Sasha Distan
  • Author
  • 1,380 Words
  • 2,552 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

In Flames - 7. Chapter 7

“Hey there pretty boy,” Sitka ruffled his mate’s pale hair as he wandered back into the house. Jahke looked up from the papers in his lap and pulled the horned onyx-eyed demon down for a deep kiss.

“How was work?” Asked Jahke after the kiss had parted.

“Pretty good,” Sitka pulled his mate against his side and Jahke wrapped around him, snuggled against him as they moved towards the kitchen, which was the most social space in the house. “I got news for you.”

“I already know,” Jahke couldn’t help but sound smug as he settled into his lover’s lap in one of the many bar stools, “I got a new job today babe.”

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah.” Tobias shut the ice-box and started pulling pans around to make after work snacks. “Your boy is in Records now.”

“Babe…” Sitka kissed his mate again, “I’m proud of you. You wanna share the news then darling?”

“Where is everyone?” Jahke glanced around, “I don’t want to have to repeat it for everyone.”

Sitka went and rung the dinner bell, which had the effect of getting the rest of the house assembled. Their numbers were a bit depleted, and it had been pretty quiet since the triplets had moved on. When Zai, Shindae and Kiorl had joined the other three, they waited for Inai and Jin-ha, who had somehow formed the weirdest working partnership, before Jahke would share the news.

“We’re getting new housemates.” Jahke consulted the papers in his arms, “Two. One demon and one human.”

“Who?” Kiorl’s eyes narrowed, “Who recruited? No one has been round the palace.”

“New demon,” Sitka answered, “Brand spanking new out of the fire yesterday.”

“A Son of Ifrit?” Shindae asked, resting his flames banded forearms on the counter, “Really?”

“Yeah,” Jahke checked his files again, “You know that place in England… Tobias, you’re from near there right, they have those stupidly big fires every year? He’s from there.”

“So a new demon is showing up with a human in tow already?” Zai folded his arms across his chest, then snatched his lover as the boy went past. Tobias shifted out of his arms by springing across the room as a cat and chucked as he merged back, “And they put him in our house? It’s a bit fucking presumptuous. Don’t you think?”

Kiorl snarled.

“That’s not your place to say.” Kiorl flexed his claws, ears laid back against his skull. “Know your place.”

Zai looked for a moment like he was going to start a fight about it, but Shindae got in there first.

“I think it’s exciting,” He rubbed his bicep with one hand, “Another flamey dude. It’s gonna rock.”

“When are they getting here?” Tobias began to chop various bits of meat and other vegetable shaped options.

“They have to be taken to the palace for check-in, since the fire guy is new, and then I’m gonna go bring ‘em up.” Jahke beamed with pride at his new role, “You think they’ll be hungry?”

“Well it’s not like you ate for like four days after you got here,” Sitka said, joshing his lover with his elbow, “So who knows.”

“I’ll make extra.” Zai replied, “It’s not like you guys won’t eat it anyway.” He flashed a grin at Inai, “We can always count on the big guy to deal with the leftovers.”

Jahke folded his papers and tucked them into the belt of his pale grey loin cloth.

“I better go.”

“You want company?” Sitka wrapped an arm around his shoulders, nuzzling his short marble white horns, “I’ll come with you.”

“Sure.”

“Go on then you two,” Kiorl was smiling, “Go and show the new kids just how pathetically cute people can be down here.”

*

Whatever Atoki had been expecting, it was not this. They had arrived in a swirl of fire and been greeted by a seven foot tall creature that looked a lot like the sort of minotaur the Greeks had adored.

Vruuaska had stood, and Atoki had locked his fist firmly in the thick fur of his ruff and they had walked behind the bovine demon through a scenery of black and flames. Hell was dark, made up of rough stone and gravel. Smooth bits of glass-like rock, interspersed by bright patches of fire. The stars above were close and messy, and Vruuaska called them ‘campfires’ although he didn’t know why. The big demon seemed shy, walked with his head low, and for the first time in a long time, Atoki felt in charge.

They were walked from the portal where they had arrived towards the biggest and most complicated building that Atoki had ever even imagined. The palace sprawled, seemingly in all directions, domes and towers, spires and minarets. The big minotaur left them at the door with a fish in a suit and a monocle who lead them into an inner chamber.

“Well, well, well…” The voice was like an earthquake merged in with the breaking of worlds, far more thunderous than Vruuaska’s voice. “A Son of Ifrit.” The figure who spoke was a classical nightmare in crimson, sitting atop a gold throne. His pupils burned with a flame equal to Vruuaska’s own. “Welcome home.”

“Sir.” The big demon bowed his head, and Atoki automatically did the same.

“Tell me your name.”

“He is Vruuaska,” Atoki was petrified to find his own voice answering the devil’s question, “My name is Atoki. I am his… He is my… um...”

“He called me,” Vruuaska clarified, and his flame eyes burnt bright when he smiled for the boy, “He is my Master.”

“Indeed.” The devil raised a dark brow, and tapped his claws in his black horns in thought, “It has been a millennia since a Son of Ifrit made it back home, and you brought with you a human child you call Master? It is most peculiar.”

“But not unheard of.” The musical voice came from their left, where stood the most beautiful boy Atoki had ever seen. From his silken hair to the long orange-gold feathers of his wings, he was the living proof of perfection. “Father, leave their interrogation for another day.”

The devil folded his arms across his impressive chest and when he smiled, Atoki saw the same expression of delight in the humiliation of others that Aris had worn so often.

He shuddered.

Vruuaska nuzzled him with his huge head, then swung his gaze to the red devil on the throne. He snarled.

“You dare to challenge me!” The red devil was on his cloven hooves in a heartbeat, crossing the marble floor in huge strides. Atoki clung to his demon, scared to death. The boy with the wings positioned himself between his oncoming father and the new arrivals, his feathers folded neatly against his back.

“Stop.” His voice was like a fist, small and quiet, but not without power, “He is defending his mate, and the boy is scared of you. Can you blame him?” He didn’t give the devil time to reply, “They are new, they will be educated. Give them time.”

The Lord of Hell narrowed his eyes dangerously, but finally snorted and turned away, effectively dismissing them all from his presence.

The beautiful boy smiled at them.“Come with me, your escort is waiting.”

Once they were out of the main chamber, Atoki felt his knees wobble dangerously. He clung to Vruuaska with both hands.

“Thank you.”

“My name is Nassau. I am the Prince. Yes,” he answered Atoki’s question before the boy had time to ask it. “That’s my father. We are not generally considered to be alike. You two must be tired.”

Vruuaska rumbled something that sounded like a positive.

“Here. Meet Jahke, he’s one of your new housemates, he’ll take you to your house.” The figure the Prince had gestured too looked like a pale fawn in shades of white and blush pale pink. He smiled and waved excitedly. Atoki hadn’t known that demons could be excited. “I’m sure I will see you both soon enough. Go and enjoy each other’s company while you can.”

Atoki smiled back at the beautiful angelic creature who called himself the Prince of Hell, and turned on the long road up towards his new home, following the chattering demon called Jahke.

Copyright © 2013 Sasha Distan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 21
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Oh oh Vru has a death wish snarling at the devil. I like their new house....such interesting housemates. This will be soooo entertaining. I really really love your demon stories pup

Link to comment
On 08/13/2013 08:27 AM, Daithi said:
Oh oh Vru has a death wish snarling at the devil. I like their new house....such interesting housemates. This will be soooo entertaining. I really really love your demon stories pup
*wags tail happily*

Don't i always put fun people together?

Link to comment
On 08/13/2013 10:52 PM, scotty94 said:
cool a house full of demons wild parties begin. Great story I will continue to enjoy.
the parties generally involved Jahke... go check out Stolen Pleasures.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..