Jump to content
    SidLove
  • Author
  • 2,607 Words
  • 4,642 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Bad Romance - 9. Chapter 9

If you like this story, don't forget to "Like" it and you will be notified whenever there is an update. And if you like any chapter update, do give me some rep points by clicking the green "+" button down there. I could do with some lol

Joe was getting more anxious with every second that passed. He was eager to know what was happening inside. He got so desperate at one point, that he regretted his decision of letting Gust handle this all by himself. But as he was about to step out of the car, he saw movement at the doorway, and soon he saw Gust walking towards the car. Joe heaved a sigh of relief.

Gust saw Joe waving at him from inside the car and felt a lump form in his throat. His steps slowed and he feared how to tell him what had happened. Would he take it hard? After all, Joe had told Gust he loved him, and Gust didn’t want to hurt the loving guy, ever again.

He got into the car and put on the seatbelt, avoiding eye contact.

“So, how did it go?” Joe asked cautiously. “Is Candes doing well?”

“Yeah, she’s fine.” He lied looking out the window, preoccupied with his own thoughts.

Joe didn’t expect that kind of answer. He was sure there was more to it than that. But Gust looked lost in his thoughts, so he didn’t question him any further. Instead, he said, “That’s great!”

Gust didn’t say anything further, so Joe started the car and put it in gear, heading for his place. They would eat and drink, watch TV together or play games, but most of the time they’d just talk. Joe just loved to hear Gust talk, and this way they were also getting closer to one another, learning more about each other with each passing day.

“Where are we going?” Gust asked.

“My place.” Joe stated, matter of fact, “Why?” He looked at Gust with worry. It was kind of weird that Gus hadn't looked at him since he had come out of Candes’ apartment.

“No.” Gust shook his head and sighed, “I need to go home. I have to work on an English assignment that’s due next week.” It was only half a lie, but that didn’t make him feel any less guilty. Rather, it was killing him to lie to Joe. Joe didn’t deserve that.

“Gust ...” Joe started to say, but then he changed his mind. Maybe it wasn’t the right time. “Okay, as you wish.” He whispered and concentrated on the road. He thought it would be better to give Gust some space for the time being. But he also hoped Gust would find the courage to talk to him soon.

Joe was deep in thought, when suddenly he was pulled out of his trance by the sound of heartbreaking sobs and cries. He freaked out looking at Gust’s shoulders trembling as he cried uncontrollably, holding his face in his hands. Joe quickly pulled the car to the side of the road and cut the engine.

“Hey, hey man! What’s wrong?” He reached out with his hand, softly touching Gust's thigh.

As soon as he touched him, Gust swiftly twisted in his seat and pulled Joe near him. Joe couldn’t understand what was going on and got worried. He held Gust as the poor boy cried in his arms, feeling like shit.

After crying for a while, when only a few sniffs and huffs could be heard in the car, he realized how stupid he must have looked crying like a baby in front of Joe. He quickly separated himself from the almost embrace, and squirmed shyly in his seat.

Joe straightened back in his seat as well and said, “Gust, it is okay to let out your pain. I am not going to make fun of you or tell anyone about this.” He stated with encouragement.

“I know,” Gust sniffed and looked outside, “Let’s go; it’s getting late.” he said, and dismissed the topic.

Joe was disappointed. He would have preferred Gust telling him what was so wrong that it got him to a crying stage, rather than play a ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ game. Without another word, he put the car in drive again. The rest of the way to Gust’s place, neither of them spoke. But when it was time for Gust to get out of the car, Joe couldn’t stop himself from asking, “Are you sure you don’t want to talk about it?”

This time Gust looked at him, and he really looked at him ... noticing the concern and innocence in Joe's grey eyes. He was never aware of the fact that Joe had the most amazing eyes he had ever seen. He looked deep into them, and found that love for him surfacing. Gust’s eyes travelled down to his lips. He had gotten used to them by now. Every day since they started spending time together, there would come an intense moment when they couldn’t stop themselves and before they knew it, their lips would be playing with each other.

Gust suddenly missed the feel of it; the way Joe’s lips would cover his and then fill his mouth in no time, thrusting his tongue inside. He moaned insensibly, and leaned into the desire to take possession of them. Joe moaned into the kiss and soon he was lost in his own la-la land. This time Gust had initiated a kiss all by himself, and taken the lead of his feelings. It just put his heart on fire as they began frenching.

Gust backed off, still holding Joe’s face between both of his hands, and he felt dizzy. “I will see you tomorrow.” He said taking his backpack from the backseat, and left the car before Joe could say anything else.

@@@

Noah couldn’t stop smiling when he saw Luke enter class just as the bell rang. He didn’t look any different, a bit weak maybe, but okay – as beautiful as ever. He observed Luke as he walked in and went directly over to take his seat. Luke didn’t look at him at all; not even a quick glance. He just entered with his head down, and walked briskly to his seat.

Noah got a weird feeling. He suddenly missed the smile; the one that was damn cute, getting-you-weak-in-the knees kind, with a hint of flirtatiousness in it. It would always brighten his day, just by the cheeriness of the guy.

But thanks to him, the guy was lost somewhere. He felt guilty about what he had done to Luke.

The students had settled down, and soon Noah began teaching. His mind was in place this time, and he gave such a fascinating explanation about the ‘Caeser and Christ’ part of the syllabus, that not one student moved their heads, and kept listening to him keenly.

Noah’s eyes would, however, return to Luke, who sat in the seat near the window. Luke kept looking outside. Luke wasn’t paying attention - he noticed that - but didn’t say anything. Luke seemed to be uninterested in what he was saying, like he could give a damn about whether Noah was there or not. It hurt and it also worried him at the same time. With the rising tension between them, he was worried that Luke would start ignoring what was important to him – his studies. And Noah felt like he couldn't just stand there and watch his grades go down. It surprised him how he had started to care about Luke in a different way, but he shook it off as soon as the thought had begun. He didn’t want to think of Luke as more than a student.

After he was done with almost with half of the lesson, explaining each of the incidents to his students clearly, he decided to test them on how much they understood. So he began discussing the lesson with randomly selected students. He once again looked at Luke, and thought he could include him in the discussion as well.

“Exactly!” he exclaimed, appreciating the way one of his student answered his question. “Many of these changes lasted for centuries after the Renaissance.” He concluded that part, and turned to Luke, “Mr. Snyder!”

Luke closed his eyes, hearing his name; the sound that always made his heart beat erratically, like now. But he wanted this feeling to go away. He couldn’t handle anymore heartbreak. The one on Saturday night was enough.

Noah watched Luke turn his head slowly towards him. And there he saw that sparkle in his eyes again as he looked straight at him ... and within moments, it was gone.

“Mr. Snyder, what types of scholars worked together in Al Andalus, Jerusalem and Byzantium?” he questioned. Luke sat up straight, feeling uneasy under everyone’s stares, and he lowered his head to hide his reddening face.

A guy named Wilbur quickly raised his hand excitedly. He was so eager to answer, that his mouth seemed like he was about to blurt it out, even if Noah allowed it or not. But Noah wanted Luke to try and answer it, so he looked questioningly over at the blond head.

“Mr. Snyder?” he called for his attention, to let him know that he was still waiting for an answer.

However, since Noah was ignoring him, Wilbur tried to get his attention by raising his hand higher in the air. Mercedes, who sat behind him, put a hand on her mouth to stop herself from bursting out in laughter. The boy looked so edgy like something was pricking his ass!

“Hmm... Tell me whatever I said about Crusades...” Noah asked another question, making Luke more embarrassed. He hadn’t heard a single word during the class, and now he didn’t know how to answer the question.

When no answer came, Noah asked another question getting irritated, “The scholars from Byzantium moved out of there, did it affect the early Renaissance in any way?”

Again, no answer.

“I don’t know Luke; it’s not going to work this way, alright?” He got angry, “Did you even hear a single word I said?” Luke frowned, but Noah couldn’t see it since his head was cast downwards. “Well, I highly doubt that ...” His gaze travelled to a very restless Wilbur, who looked like he was going to die of suffocation if he didn’t answer. “Yes Wilbur, would you like to answer those questions?” He asked, facing the skinny nerd-looking guy.

As soon as Mr. Mayer had called out his name, he set himself ready to take off, and even before Noah could complete his sentence, he started, “The scholars that worked together belonged to ethnic group of Muslims. The Crusades were a series of religiously sanctioned military campaigns. The migration of Byzantine scholars and other émigrés from southern Italy and Byzantium during the decline of the Byzantine Empire, which was between around 1203 and 1453, and mainly after the fall of Constantinople in 1453 until the 16th century, is considered by some scholars, as the key to the revival of Greek and Roman studies and subsequently in the development of the Renaissance humanism. These emigrants were grammarians, humanists, poets, writers, printers, lecturers, musicians, astronomers, architects, academics, artists, scribes, philosophers...”

“That’s enough... thank you!” Noah stopped him, looking at him weirdly, “Breathe Will.” He chuckled and the others laughed, “But WOW! You covered it all, even what I didn’t say. But, you see, Luke?” He turned to the blonde, “That’s the concentration I expect from you.” He said, but realized what he said, and turned to all, finishing, “... uhm all.”

Luke’s nose flared and his eyes burnt watching that big smile over that nerd’s face. He even shot an angry glare towards Noah, but then looked away, thinking it was an inappropriate thing to do.

“That gets you an hour detention, Mr. Snyder.” Noah retorted because of the glare, and Luke squirmed. “After school, you will stay here and finish reading that whole part we discussed in class today. Am I clear?” He said sternly.

Luke nodded, and Noah faced everyone. He asked each one of them to leave their assignments on his desk before they headed out, and informed them about the test that was going to be taken next week.

Mercedes went up to Luke. “Hey, you okay?”

“I am fine” Luke said forcefully and went past her, walking ahead, as they both went to hand in their assignments. Gust came face to face with Luke and they stared at each other. Mercedes could feel the tension between them. There was something each one wanted to say to the other, but without another word, they walked away.

He saw a girl go up to Noah’s desk and say “Mr. Mayer, is it okay if I won’t be able to submit the assignment today?”

Noah looked at her. “Oh, why? Isn’t your assignment ready yet?”

“Actually, Mr. Mayer”, she said his name so flirtatiously that Luke fumed in anger and glared, all the while she continued, “I didn’t find time ...”

Noah interrupted her, “One day! You have just one day to finish the assignment, Miss Blake. I want it by tomorrow or you can forget about the credits for this term.” He warned and dismissed her.

She pouted and walked away. Luke still couldn’t get over his anger, so he just put his assignment on Noah’s desk and left. Noah considered saying sorry to Luke, which he had been thinking of since the minute he had left him outside the movie theatre in a broken state. But he didn’t get the chance to talk to Luke. So he looked forward to Luke’s detention hour, so he could talk to him.

@@@

Gust was by his locker when Joe came up from behind and caught him by his waist. Gust almost jumped at the touch but softened, looking at Joe’s handsome face.

“Hey handsome” Joe said.

“Hey.” Gust put the remaining books into his locker and closed it, before he turned into the embrace, facing Joe with an addictive smile, “What’s up? How was your day?” He could feel the eyes on him. It was still fresh gossip around the lobby that the basketball star Gust Rivera was gay and dating a senior. It just felt weird to be the talk of the school.

Joe made a face. “Fucking Awful! That Dick ... I mean Mr. Dick – I almost got detained in his class.”

Gust laughed, “What did you do? Jacked him off in front of the whole class?”

“Ew... that sicko? Neva!” He giggled, and let Gust out of his arms, only to hold his hand into his. “I am glad it’s fucking Friday and the day is over. That means a weekend full of fun, just you and me.” He grinned.

But Gust lost his smile. “Ehm ... Joe, I am not going anywhere this weekend.” He said and looked away from him, not able to meet his eyes.

“Why?”

“Because ... we have a history test next Thursday and I am thinking I will stay in and prepare for it.” He lied.

“But the test is not until Thursday, and that leaves you so much time without wasting your weekend fun with your head buried in books!” He scowled at the mention of books. “Who the hell studies on a weekend?”

“I do.” He snapped at him. “And I don’t see a problem with that.”

Gust pushed Joe away and stormed off, leaving Joe in utter confusion. He didn’t even turn back when he called after him. But as he came out to the parking lot he stood by his car and rested his head on the car door, becoming sadder. How could he find the courage to tell Joe about everything that was going on?

@@@

--- TBC ---

Feedbacks please :)
Copyright © 2011 SidLove; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..