Jump to content
    S.L. Lewis
  • Author
  • 636 Words
  • 607 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Butterfly's Dream - Prologue. Prologue

Title: A Butterfly’s Dream
Chapter: 1
Fandom: Original
Word count: 635
Beta readers: DarkAngelDisuke (new beta), and a few others that I have forgotten the names of. *blushes*
AN: Okay, so I’m sure we all remember the original right? Well, this is me reposting my this story one chapter at a time. Mind you, I am SWITCHING over to past tense and going through the entire story to fix that. So, funs, right? Yeah, right.

Anyways, that’s all.

As I sit here at my desk, staring at my computer screen and the words that I type out, I find myself confused about a few things.. I do know that I keep hearing the same thing over and over again, but I'm still confused.

Is being gay really that bad?

I mean, it can't really that bad if so many people are, right? Are they really evil? Are they as a-moral as so many people have told me? Do they really hurt others, forcing them into some thing unnatural?

Are they really going to hell because God has turned his back on them?

Am I just as bad as them? Am I so different from a month ago just because I happen to find another boy attractive?

Stopping the flow of words, his hands hovering over his keyboard, the young male tried to gather his scattered thoughts together, not wanting to lose what he wanted to say to his readers. Sitting back in his chair, he took a moment to read over what he had already typed up before leaning forward and continuing to type.

I asked my families pastor about what the bible says about homosexuality. He went off on a tangent about how all homosexuals were condemned to hell, that they had lost Gods love the moments they went against the natural order that God had put in place.
I was shocked at the words that spewed out of his mouth. No wonder so many of the people who go to our church call the man a prejudice bastard, but sill one of the best pastors out there.

I find it difficult to completely agree with them about him being the best pastor out there. I do agree with them about him being a prejudice bastard and I've since stopped listening to his sermons.

Others have told me that to be a good pastor, the person needs to be tolerant of all, kind to everyone and willing to help anyone. Our pastor has the kind part down, unless you get him going on homosexuals. Then the tolerant and willing to help kinda flies out the window faster than my grandmothers fruitcakes.
It seems to me, that his so called tolerance can't get past those with colored skin and I have a feeling that even then, it's stretched thin. In a way, it makes me laugh, but it also makes me cringe.

I wonder if he knows just how many homosexuals attend his church. Sure, most are still in the closet and dragged by friends or family. I wonder how he would react if he ever found out about them, and again, I cringe.

I have a feeling if it ever happened, it wouldn't be good.

"David! Dinners ready!" A woman's voice called out, breaking the dark haired boy's concentration. Lifting his hands up from the keyboard, he turned to the door before turning back to his computer. Moving his mouse, he clicked on the 'post to JLB' button near the bottom of his screen before sliding his chair back. Getting up, he headed out the door, shutting the light off with a flick of the switch.

"David Jean Louis Benbitz, get down here before your food gets cold," was heard through the two story house.

"I'm coming," he called back, closing the door behind him before walking down the stairs. Back in his room, lit by only the computer screen, the mouse started to move, opening up a new tab on his browser window. A few keystrokes and clicks of the mouse later and a page quickly loaded.

It was a newspaper page and showed a picture of a young girl about the age of 17. The headline said it all to the empty room.

"Girl Dies from Attack. Case Still Open"

Copyright © 2012 Rose Strailo; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..