Jump to content
    S.L. Lewis
  • Author
  • 747 Words
  • 1,251 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Crimson Shadows - 18. Chapter 18

Title: Crimson Shadows

Series: The Shadows Play Ground

Chapter: 18

Word Count: 3,179

AN: Woo! So damn close to the end!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

They were smart; Everient had to admit to that. But they weren’t so smart if they thought he and his master would be shoved off so easily by something as plebian as a cleansing. Tapping his bottom lip, he eyed a small boy-child spirit as he looked around the corner, one eyebrow rising upwards as he squeaked and disappeared.

Shaking his head, he huffed and smirked to himself as he played with the curls of his old porcelain body.

You would have thought the brat had never seen a black man with blue eyes before.

Shoving the thoughts aside, he stood up straight and walked through a wall, finding his master tapping its claws on a heavy silver mirror as it looked at another mirror. Tilting his head, Everient relayed what he had heard, getting a hissing, growling laugh.

“Let them bring him in. It will do nothing to us,” the Blood sighed, stroking a hand over his pets cheek, getting a smirking look from the spirit.

*~*~*~*~*

Once they had decided that the globe would stay with someone at all times until the guy that Kyender had called arrived, Markus and Kyle had decided to continue with the hunt for secret rooms, staying on the first floor while Marana and Orian started to watch the monitors again, Kyender and Richard showing Lien the shed that held all the furniture and do a run through with the EVP and cameras.

Tapping on a wall, Markus frowned to himself, tapping a bit harder, wondering why the wall sounded thick but not quiet like the other walls did. Kyle was recording what he was doing, eyes curious as to what he was up to.

“What’s up, Uncle Markus?” Kyle finally asked as the other man started to press and push against the wall.

“This wall, it makes me think it might be one of those bomb shelter room walls, or something like that. Either way it’s not just a wall,” the red head grunted, finally getting the door to pop open, the middle rotating and allowing them into a small hallway. Looking at each other, eyebrows rising upwards the two walked in, Kyle following after Markus, pulling out his walkie talkie.

“Guys, we found a hallway that was hidden. It looks like it leads to another room. Can someone bring us cameras? We’re in the small side room just off the main hall,” Kyle spoke into it before attaching it to his hip again.

“Right. Me and Marana will be there in a moment,” Kyenders voice came over before it went silent again. Licking his lips, Markus turned on his flashlight, illuminating the room before him, making them blink in surprise at what looked to be a storage room. Running the light over the walls, he found the light switch, flooding the room in light, Kyender and Marana making surprised noises as they walked in.

“Thanks for blinding me,” Marana drawled, getting snickers as Kyle turned to them, filming as they looked around.

“Richard and Orian watching the monitors?” he asked, getting nods from the two. “Good. When is your friend supposed to be coming around.

“In the next couple of hours actually,” Kyender returned as he set up one of the cameras. Nodding his head, Markus and Kyle used their audio recorders to take notes as Kyender and Marana took pictures of everything.

Turning off the recorder, Markus’ lips thinned out and walked around one the book cases that turned the room into two different rooms, finding a table with a very familiar doll, making him stop and curse.

“What? What is it?” Kyle asked, nearly running over to him, eyes wide.

“It looks as if the name wasn’t a coincidence after all. We really need that guy, Kyender,” Markus said, the other two coming around as the red head picked up the broken doll and headed for the door. “Come on.”

“This is seriously fucked up,” Kyle sighed as he and the others followed after the older man. The moment Lien spotted the doll, he quoted Kyle as he dropped his head back onto the couch cushion, ‘pad dropping onto his stomach.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Snarling, Everient shook his head and disappeared into the wall as Markus stalked back and forth across the living room floor. The Blood wasn’t going to be very happy.

Now they could target him and through him, his master.

The Blood was going to rend him into tiny pieces for this.

Copyright © 2011 Rose Strailo; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..