Jump to content
    S.L. Lewis
  • Author
  • 2,788 Words
  • 953 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Crimson Shadows - 7. Chapter 7

Title: Crimson Shadows
Series: The Shadows Playground
Chapter: 7
Word count: 2,782
Beta by: DarkAngelDaisuke
AN: This one is shorter then the others. :3 Finally, a semi short chapter. *flails about a bit* *giggles*

It was free! Free to move around, free to finally take its revenge on the family that cursed it to its body. Free to learn who it was, or rather who it had been once, the flashes coming even faster now. They included those of a young woman in a long dress, fanning herself as they rode in a carriage. There were some of the same young woman crying out in distress and then holding its body close when its porcelain prison had been new. They kept going through its mind as it waited for the day to finish and the sun to set.

The moment the sun had set beyond the wall that it was hiding in, it opened the hidden compartment that it had taken refuge in after getting the little bastard child with the wooden ball. It had heard him leave after a while, which did make its job that much harder to do when it finally got done with the bastards spawn and his mate, the Native bitch.

It could smell them all over the house, making him sneer and look around the living room it was in, a glass table near by the wall along with a couch and a couple of chairs. The way it was set up reminded it so much of the original house that it once lived in but the feel of the land wasn’t quiet the same. It felt to new, untested by time and by human hand. Licking its lips, it hummed quietly and walked along the wall, not wanting to be seen just yet.

Oh no, that would be soon, very soon. Its ears could just barely make out the two men talking and eating in the kitchen, sounding as if they knew things, things about its past, feeding the anger in its soul and making it flare brightly. Clenching its hands, it snarled softly and continued to wait, the occasional word coming clearly to its ears.

Sister-lover, slave, half and half and the fallen dick didn’t really mean much to it but then again the language was butchered by the people of the days that they lived in. They may or may not be talking about its past, or they could be talking about something else entirely. Shaking its head, it waited until it heard the two men start walking towards the living room before moving to stand behind a large cabinet, watching the bastards spawn and the Native come into the living room, the spawn holding a large shovel.

They thought they would be able to fight it. How utter cute. Smirking, it smoothed its skirt down with a small porcelain hand, getting ready to attack them at the right time to set is plan into motion.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Sitting down, the two men smiled at each other, having decided that acting like they weren’t all that worried was a good thing, especially considering they could feel the depth of hatred that came from the doll. It grew even more as they sat in the living room and talked quietly about the display that Markus planned for his fathers room. They knew the doll would end up being pissed when it learned that the journal was going to be put behind glass, forever out of its reach and that it was going to be ignored.

They could feel the darkness that seethed and writhed around them, making the two men shiver their disgust at it. Shaking their heads, they looked at each other and smirked before sharing a soft kiss, feeling the hatred ratchet up even more. They wanted the possessed doll to hate, to feel the urge to hurt and destroy. They wanted it to come at them so they could finally take the little bastard out and end the torment to Markus’ family since they knew oh so well what the little bastard would try to do to the rest of them.

Alexandria was a couple of months pregnant and they couldn’t let an innocent child suffer for what slaves had done, much less what one man had done to give his wife the child she so desperately wanted. Edwards sweet wife was also pregnant, just about ready to give birth to their third child, this one a pleasant surprise. Leon was even expecting his first born, a little girl who would undoubtedly look like her mother. They knew that the doll would go after them once he was done with Markus and Lien and once it had destroyed the personal diary of his sister-lover. They couldn’t let that happen, no matter how much they wished they could.

Hearing a yell of disgust and feeling as if something had shoved them, Markus and Lien yelped as the couch fell backwards, taking them with it. Tumbling head over heels and ending up sprawled on the floor, they groaned and looked at each other with pained smirks.

“So, think the little bastard decided that now would be a good time to attack?” Markus asked, panting a little and trying to catch his breath. Lien snickered softly and nodded his head as he slowly got up from the ground.

“Oh yes, I do believe the little bastard has decided to attack. But my question is, what the fuck was the tossing us onto the floor all about?” Lien asked, cracking his back with a moan. “We just need to work out what is going on while trying to stay alive. How much fun can you have?” he snorted, sarcasm dripping from his soft voice as the one pretty doll stepped out from behind the liquor cabinet, lips pulled back in a snarl of hatred.

“You...shall die...bastards spawn,” came a grating voice, destroyed from not being used for so very long. The two men winced and rubbed their ears, surprised at the still distinctly masculine voice that came from the doll. “Harlot of...the light...you shall...be punished,” came the voice once more.

“Dude! Didn’t you talk to yourself while you were locked up in that damn box?” Markus finally asked, eyes flashing at the doll who just sneered at them with disgust.

“You shall die,” the doll grated out.

Markus snorted and shook his head, reaching down to grab the shovel that had been shoved over with them. Taking it, he tested its weight and walked around the cough, lifting it up. “You really shouldn’t have fucked with my family,” he snarled before yelping once more as he was tossed backwards by an invisible force, crashing into the glass table that he loved so much. The sound of breaking glass and his cry of pain filled the house as he thudded to the floor, the shovel falling to the side next to him.

Running towards the couch, intent on getting to his lover, Lien yelped in surprised as he was tossed back and slamming hard into a wall. Moaning as his head struck the wood behind him, he slid down the wall, falling onto his side near the door, twitching a few times before relaxing into a dazed state. He idly watched from where he was laying as Markus got up, red spotting a slice in his shirt, seeping from the wood in his side.

“You stupid fucker! I’m going to bash your fucking head in and enjoy it! No wonder you were shoved into the damn doll, you bastard child!” Markus screamed after checking on his lover, finding him dazed but alive. Grabbing the shovel once more, he lifted it up and over his head before swinging it downwards, trying to hit the doll with the flat end of the make shift weapon. Watching the possessed doll move out of the way just in time, he snarled as the shovel hit the wooden floor before following after the creature as it ran into the study.

Following after it, he stopped and glared as the doll stood on his fathers desk holding the wooden ball in its small porcelain hands. Smirking, Markus hefted the shovel once more and got ready to hit it, smacking the wooden ball as it came at him before being tossed back onto the floor once more, landing with a thud. Picking up the shoved as he once more stood, he knew that he would only have one more chance to finish it before the little fucker got to him.

Glaring at the doll that stood before him, nearly snarling his anger, Markus held tightly to the shovel as the creature in a solid body sneered back at him. “I’m going to kill you now, you son of a slut. Your mother was a whore willing to sell off her children for a bit of freedom and a chance at getting out of the south. And you? You were nothing more then a pawn,” he sneered, swinging at the possessed doll, missing it as it jumped out of the way.

“How would you know, bastards spawn?” it grated, voice dark, slick. It left Markus feeling oily just hearing it. Ignoring the wound on his side, he smirked and hefted the shovel again, eyes wide and a blood lusting smile spreading over his face.

“Because I read your sisters diary. She talked about how she feel in love with one of her personal slaves, how he would sneer at her but never once turned her away when she came to him for physical release. How she found out you were twins and how you were separated,” he sneered, eyes nearly fanatical. “She talked about how you were a creature of the devil, how you had sold your soul to gain revenge on the very man that had spawned you and your sister-lover. It broke her heart to know you walked the path of the dark and that you would rather, how did she put it? Oh yeah, ‘suck on his dark lords cock while I wait for him to come home to me once more’,” he said, voice light and airy.

“Shut up, you son of a harlot! She never said that! Never! She was mine! Mine I say! I was the one that seeded her! I was the one that took her every night made her want more and more and more!” The grating voice made Markus wince as he staggered back from the sheer fury on the dolls face. Screaming wordlessly, the red head swung the shovel, hitting the snarling porcelain face, watching the body into a wall and slid down slowly, the face falling into itself. Panting, he fell to the floor onto his knees, watching the doll for any sign that it would be getting up.

Shoving a hand through his hair, he let his head fall forward before jerking and looking up as the grating voice came again, the lips falling apart as it talked.

“She loved me?” it asked, eyes boring into his, making him tense.

“Yeah, she loved you. I don’t know why since I can’t see anything to love any more,” Markus sighed, watching the light go out of dull brown eyes. Standing up, he staggered towards where his lover was laying out after being tossed around by the power that the soul in the doll had possessed. “So, you alive?” He called, getting a groan as the foot in his sight twitched and moved out of his sight. Walking around the doorway, he smiled lightly as he watched Lien sit up very slowly, holding his head with a moan.

“Did anyone get the name of that truck?” Lien asked, looking at his lover and frowning at the red on his shirt. “And did anyone get the idiot with the knife?” he asked, watching Markus settle down onto the floor next to him, reaching out to grab his phone.

“I didn’t expect that soul to have so much fucking power behind it,” Markus moaned, lifting his shirt to get a look at the slice on his side, finding the wound was only bleeding sluggishly. “How’s your head?” he asked, getting a moan as the other fell backwards onto the floor, groaning loudly in pain once his back met the floor.

“Like there’s a thousand little pick axes working at my brain. What are we gonna tell the cops this time?” Lien asked, watching Markus dial the number to the police.

“Just leave that to me. It looks as if we walked in on the ones who were trying to raid my house,” was the huffed reply. An hour later found Lien sitting next to his lover, holding his hand as a nurse worked on closing the wound up on his side. A Detective Lipits was the answering detective on the call, Malantay having been out sick for the day. His partner looked a little green around the gills as a doctor poked and prodded at Liens head, muttering about stubborn men who didn’t want to leave their lovers.

“So, let me get this right, you and your lover here had gone out to gather some mud from the nearby river, but hadn’t found any that would do for what you needed it to do,” Lipits drawled, watching the nurse easily stitch the wound closed and the doctor proclaim that Lien didn’t have a concussion and was good to go once Markus was released.

“So far, so good,” Markus chirped before wincing and looking at the nurse, pouting. “Be kind to me, I bruise easily as proven by me meeting the glass table,” he said sweetly, getting a pat on his hips as she continued to work on the stitches.

“Anyways,” Lipits cut in, drawing their attention back to him as he tapped his ‘pad, “you both walked in from the back door, finding that your kitchen light was on and so were other lights that you hadn’t left on. Deciding to find out if someone was there, you took your shovel, which usually stays in your laundry room and walked into the study, finding a man in a mask holding the porcelain doll. You startled the guy as Lien startled another on in the living room and you went after the guy with your shovel. Missing, you hit the doll and sent it flying before you were tackled and shoved into your antique glass table, breaking it.

“Lien on the other hand was tossed into a wall before the men fled, leaving behind everything which isn’t really worth anything since most of the good stuff is all up in the attic at the moment,” he finished, getting a smile and a nod.

“That about sums it up,” Markus said, getting up after the cut was covered and the nurse left to gather the ‘pad to get the two men on their way. Coming back, she handed over the ‘pads, waiting for them to sign the dotted lines, so to speak before once more leaving. “Do you think the crime scene guys are done with my house? I need to go see if I can save the family papers for the museum. I still need to call them to.”

“They should be by the time you get back. There’s a cab waiting for you on the cities dime,” the detective said, tucking away his stylus and saving down the information on his ‘pad. “I think that’s all. If I need more information, I’ll give you a call.” With that, he walked out with his rookie partner to follow behind, leaving the two to walk down towards the elevators, both of them moving stiffly.

“So, I guess that we’re gonna have to deal with the paranormal group set up earlier then anticipated huh?” Lien asked softly as he lent against the wall, watching the numbers change. Markus snorted and smirked, nodding his head.

“Oh yes. Though, you’re the one going to write the basic info on the shit that we’ll probably find on the hunts,” Markus teased, getting a groan from Lien. “You know why. You’re not going to be allowed to do anything for a few days while your back muscles heal.”

“Yeah, yeah, I know. I’ll set up the web site to so we don’t have to do it while we’re trying to figure out the damn applications,” Lien huffed, looking over his lover before laughing lightly. “You do realize we just got our asses kicked by a porcelain doll,” he said, getting a dry look.

“Oh yes, that’s one to tell the future great nieces and nephews,” Markus snorted, shaking his head. “You know Kyle is going to be pissed that he missed all of this.”

“Yeah, I expect Spain to hear his scream,” Lien snorted as they walked out of the hospital, heading towards their home with happy sighs.

Copyright © 2011 Rose Strailo; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..