Jump to content
    S.L. Lewis
  • Author
  • 1,427 Words
  • 1,076 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Crimson Shadows - 19. Chapter 19

Title: Crimson Shadows

Series: The Shadows Play Ground

Chapter: 19

Word Count: 1,106

AN: After this, there are 3 more chapters. And yes…that is a BLOND David down there. I completely blame that one on MTPictures. She kept wanting to draw him blond. I just gave her an excuse to. So yes, this does mean, as stated before, that the Shadows Playground Series s connected to the Butterfly’s Series. Yeah…that’s all for now.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Watching Markus pace back and forth, Marana, Richard, and Orian wondered just what was so special about the broken doll that laid on the table. Lien glared at it while Kyle rubbed at his eyes and Kyender nibbled on his bottom lip.

“Okay, so remember that doll we told you about? The one that held the soul of our mix ancestor? That’s the fucking doll,” Kyle moaned as Lien reached out and grabbed Markus as he walked past, tugging him down to sit next to him.

“Sit down,” Lien told him, holding him close, trying to calm his lover down.

“I could have sworn that I tossed the damn thing into a trash can,” Markus growled, all of them jumping when the door bell rang. “Must be that expert you called. Can someone go get that?”

“I will,” Orian said, standing up and heading for the door, Richard watching the monitors. Soon a youngish looking male standing at nearly 6 feet walked into the living room with Orian, blond hair falling around his eyes as he looked around with dark eyes.

“Man is this place fucked,” the blond male said, voice like rum as he moved further into the room, eyes dancing over everyone, staying on Markus, Lien, Kyle and Marana a second longer then the others before moving on. “Names?” he asked.

“I’m Orian, my brother Richard,” Orian said, pointing to dirty blond male, “Marana,” to the dark haired woman, “Kyle,” the younger red head, “Markus,” the older red head, “Kyender,” the green haired male, “and of course, Lien, who called you.”

“Hey,” he greeted, putting his bag down and surprising the others outside of Lien at how many charms and symbols were embroidered on it. “Marana, you might want to drink some holy water to stop that obsession going on there. Also, recite a blessing prayer of what ever religion you follow until you stop stuttering and start to feel light as air.”

“Okay,” Marana breathed, blinking several times at the man before looking to Markus, who nodded.

“Go do that. Make sure you have a camera plugged in,” he told her, getting a nod before she headed into the bathroom. Turning to the blond man, he raised an eyebrow. “Got a name?”

“My name is David and I am trained in cleansing and getting earthbound souls to pass over,” David said, pulling out a paper journal and a ‘pad as he sat down. “Now tell me all about what has happened, starting from the beginning.”

Looking at his nephew, Markus sighed and rubbed at his face, telling David exactly what had happened, starting with the doll and their mix ancestors all the way up to the discovery of the cleansing ball and the doll. David occasionally asked for more details about something and took notes about what was happening, mind spinning. Finally Markus fell silent, eyes dark with memories as David sat back, Marana stumbling back in to fall into a chair, leaning against Orian before promptly falling asleep.

“She’ll be fine,” David assured the group with a wave of his hand as he crossed his legs. “Sounds like this isn’t just one being. One is, of course, Everient, but the other is more likely connected to the land, created from it, I suppose you can say.”

“How would an entity be created from the land?” Lien asked, curious at that.

“Extreme feelings, happenings such as war or violet deaths, things like that is one way, but the good things can create beings,” Richard said, sitting up straight. “Just build up with no balance and no way to release it, it can create a creature or being out of them. That’s why it’s always suggested that you cleanse a home, house or otherwise, and the land around it every year.”

“I couldn’t have said it better,” David chirped with a smile. “Though, since it looks as if you were chosen for a reason, beyond the fact that you have that ancestor, that was, for lack of a better term, a Satanist. You may never know unless the being tells you, which is high unlikely.”

“So, what are we going to do?” Markus asked, sitting up straighter next to his lover who was frowning, eyebrows coming together in a frown.

“You need to do a cleansing ritual. I hear you all know how to do so. By the way...can I see the ball? It might be needed,” David replied. Kyle handed over the velvet bag, watching David stroke his hand over it, just feeling it and the power behind it. Finally the blond pulled it out of its bag and stared at it. “Well, seems this is keeping it in the family. Guys, this wasn’t made by someone living, but a family guardian, someone who knows just what you are going to go against here soon.”

“Someone who grew up with Everient perhaps?” Kyle asked, eyes narrowing as Kyender rubbed at his neck to help him keep calm.

“Yes, it’s possible it was done by his sister,” the blond said, smiling lightly at the others, eyebrows rising upwards.

“So, what do we do exactly?” Richard asked, grabbing a ‘pad as Orian once more took over the monitor watching.

“I have a ritual. It’s an ancient one, one that was actually created by my teacher and one of his lovers,” David said, opening the paper journal to a page before flipping a few, finding what he needed. “You’ll need the ball since it has what you guys need by the looks of it. Dirt of the land, dirt from the nearest graveyard, various bits of bark and wood shavings from trees that grew on this land, and by the looks of it, , parts of the material that had been used to build the house. It’ll act as a focus.

“Now, you’ll need several bundles of sage, a feather and a cleansing prayer. I tend to go with my gut when it comes to those. But it’s always different for each person. I’ll watch but I won’t do much more then carry the orb around for you guys and maybe lay down herbs,” David said, writing on his own ‘pad before sending the information over to Richard, closing his book and tucking it away. “So, where do you guys want to start?


“The out buildings first, then the house,” Kyender said, voice firm as he stood up to gather the sage and a feather from the vans. Kyle stood up and nodded to David before the two walked out. The blond sat back, letting himself go over what he had learned as Orian laid Marana down on the couch as Richard watched the monitors. There was something more going on but the Guardian couldn’t pinpoint just what that was, dark eyes curious as Lien and Markus shared knowing looks. Those two knew something, but what was the question.

It looked as if he was going to have to call his teacher later.

Damn

*~*~*~*~*

Growling as he paced back and forth, the Blood gazed at the mirror that sat in the middle of his space, a place between shadow and the light. Everient was watching his master pace back and forth as he kneeled near the chair made of dirt and bone, ringing his hands. He knew that his master wasn’t mad at him because they both hadn’t expected the bastards spawn to find his room, but it still worried him.

“Master, what are we to do if they are strong enough to put some power behind the cleansing?” he asked softly, looking down quickly as the Blood stalked towards him. Sitting down, he snorted, and reached down to tug on his pets hair as he looked to the mirror again.

“Only those with power in their families can give a cleansing a push. While her spawn does, the rest of them are pathetic,” he finally hissed.

“Are they? I had no chance to find out before I was trapped here with you,” Everient said, gazing up at his master, watching thin, nearly non-existent lips pull back in a shadow of a smile.

“Yes. I see their souls and they are weak, pathetic. The souls that are bound here though will be trouble. Especially since we can’t find them. How they have been able to hide eludes even me,” the Blood growled, very unhappy with the knowledge that he was being fooled by weaklings in his eyes.

“You will find them, Master,” Everient soothed, eyes bright with that knowledge.

“Yes, I will.”

Copyright © 2011 Rose Strailo; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..