Jump to content
    S.L. Lewis
  • Author
  • 1,186 Words
  • 1,082 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Crimson Shadows - 21. Chapter 21

Title: Crimson Shadows

Series: The Shadows Play Ground

Chapter: 21

Word Count: 1,175

AN: So…I kinda forgot that I combined the last two chapters because they were to short on their own. I hope you enjoy this last chapter! *nods* *hugs everyone*

*~*~*~*~*~*

 

“So, begin the prayer inside the circle,” David said, stepping inside of the herbs over the salt, the rest stepped inside to. Markus lit the last bundle of herbs, waving it around them, everyone watching the smoke dance around them.

“Well, that’s new,” Kyender hummed, blinking at the way the smoke moved around the room outside of the circle.

“The left over spirits are moving it. I read that once some spirits will stay behind at the cleansing and will help those doing it. They’ll move the smoke around, pray, add energy, and so on,” Orian said softly, David nodding next to him.

“Let’s start,” Kyle said, waving a feather through the smoke, watching it billow about them. “I ask God and Jesus to walk with us as we clean this home. I ask God and Jesus to bless this house that stands around us. I ask God and Jesus to stand by us as we push the evil from this home. Souls that are bound, I tell you leave. Beings not of this plane, I tell you leave.”

“You really think that will hurt me?” a grating voice growled around them. The sage smoke swirled, creating a tornado like effect on the floor. “God holds no power here.”

“That’s what they all say,” Kyender snorted, getting a laugh from the others and a growl from the being.

“In Gods name, I tell you leave, break your binds and go to your just rewards or perfect punishments,” Kyle and Markus stated, their voices mixing. “God walks with us, Jesus stands with us and evil holds no place in this house.

The Blood growled and tried to gather his power, finding himself unable to do so as David held the ball before them with a smile. Trying to tap into the anger, blood and hate that saturated the land, he screamed loudly at finding nothing but loving, light feelings. The scream made everyone wince but continue with their prayers. They had been able to clean the land of the dark history, of the blood and hatred that had soaked the land, which had been his main power source, after all.

Now, feeling the prayers and the power of a touched soul, the Blood screamed again as his world, his creation, started to crumble around them.

“The globe...that bitch made a gris-gris globe! That’s why it works!” Everient screeched, the words reaching the others in the living plane, eyes turning to the globe that was starting to turn a nasty shade of green shot through with a darker, neon purple.

“Keep praying guys,” David said, smirking as he felt the Bloods created world fall apart under the strength of the prayers.

Everient screeched as he fell through a hole of sucking shadows, the Blood trying to hold the plane together. With a final pop and screech, he was displaced and sent to hell. The sounds reverberated, making the people once more wince before sighing as the air around them lightened.

David laughed lightly and placed the orb back into the bag, the solid weight turning lighter as the orb turned into dust. The group looked at him with dazed expressions on their faces, getting another smile and a laugh from the blond man.

“It’s a gris-gris ball, much like a gris-gris but it’s supposed to fall apart once its job is done,’ David explained, smiling lightly at them.

“So, we’re done here?” Kyle asked with a sleepy tone. “We don’t have anything more to do?”

“Just show me where you found the ball and bag,” David said in return, getting a nod. Once he had been shown the compartment, the blond tucked the bag in before standing up and brushing his pants off. Kyender nailed the compartment shut before they headed up the stairs.

The next day, they packed up, told the Reams they would call them in the next week and went home, feeling lighter about the job. The abundance of evidence for the couple was the cherry on top, making them all happy.

Marana got past being nearly possessed with a bit of help from one of Davids lovers, a man named Markus, while her boss named Markus warned that next time she would be fired, being made of blood or not.

The others...well they lived their lives.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“So...wanna go out?” Kyender asked, leaning against the counter as he watched Kyle wash dishes.

“Really?”

 

“Yeah, really. Come on, please?”

“Fine, sure. Out.”

 

“Yes!”

“Idiot.”

 

“Yours now.”

 

“Don’t make me regret it.”

“I’m gone!”

“Good boy.”

*~*~*~*~*

“Did we just...?”

“Yes, Orian, we just fucked. Put the pillow down and no killing yourself.”

“But...”

“Our friends won’t care. Markus told me to pounce, that he was tired of us dancing around each other.”

“I won’t be able to look at him in the face...I won’t.”

“I’m the one who walked in on him giving Lien a blow job!”

“Eww! My mind! I’m scarred!”

“More so then the fact that you just nailed your brother?”


“Shut up and fuck me.”

“Can do!”

*~*~*~*~*~*

Looking at the wall, Lien moaned and moved to bury his face into Markus’ back.

“We’re moving to the attic tomorrow,” the red head soothed, flipping a page in his book.

“Good. Can’t take all the sex sounds around us. Only ones I want to hear are yours.”

“Pervert.”

*~*~*~*~*~*

Swirling the liquid around in his glass, the man watched him with distracted eyes, the red reflecting the honey. His pet and his pets bitch had failed him, or at least somewhat. They had removed the bitch medium to a point, but that still left the ‘bastard spawn’, the ‘creature of mud and clay’ and all the others.

He wasn’t mad, doubted he could get mad at his pet. After all, it was made of hatred and hatred wasn’t exactly known to be very smart.

Lifting the liquid up to his mouth, he sipped at it, letting the rich flavors slide over his tongue. Placing the glass to the side, he leant back in his chair and crossed his legs, foot swinging back and forth as he looked down at the human shaped being before him, watching how he knelt before him, legs tucked under his hips and hands pressed on the floor as he stared at the ground with bloody red eyes.

“Well, at least it wasn’t a complete failure,” he hummed, his voice rolling and soft.

“Sir?” came the liquid voice of his pet.

“You almost got rid of the bitch and nearly pull them apart. You frayed them at the seams,” the beautiful man cooed, eyes watching his pet nod. “Now leave and go to your pet.” He watched as the other left quickly after bowing. “Oh yes, we’ll have to try harder now, oh so harder.”

Laughing as he stood up and gathered his honeyed hair back, walking down the stairs and heading towards his viewing room, he was curious as to how his other pets were doing.

The mewls and quiet moans that surrounded him didn’t even register.

Copyright © 2011 Rose Strailo; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..