Jump to content
    S.L. Lewis
  • Author
  • 481 Words
  • 14,340 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Various One Shots - 3. A Cat and a Fox

For Chynyll from a long time ago.

Humming softly, his hair swaying in the breeze, Whiskey rode down one of the many horse trails that littered his grandfathers vineyard estate. Pulling the roan up, he slides off of her and moves to twist a rope around a low hanging tree before moving to sit on a petrified stump in the middle of a field.

Settling down, he tilts his head back, his ears twitching on top of his head, the cream color melding into the soft grey of his shoulder length hair. Pulling his legs up into a crossed position, he looks around him with soft green eyes surrounded by thick black lashes. His tail curled around his waist as he leaned back against the edge to contemplate his life. His and Brandywines.

He and his cousin were close, some people said to close. It wasn’t like they slept together, at least not in the carnal sense. But they did run to one another when in fear or hurting. That is, before they ran to their grandfather, Lian and their grandfathers lover, Micheal.

The two were the only true family, beyond Brandywine, that Whiskey had. His mother was dead, having died from a very nasty poison that his biological father had used on her. The man was a black neko youkai and very pissed that his concubine, as he called Whiskeys mother, and his chosen mate had escaped his clutches.

Not like he still wasn’t trying for Whiskey, but with his grandfathers influence, Whiskey was still out of the mans reach.

“Good riddance to bad rubbish, as Micheal always says,” he muses to a small fox that had come trotting out into the field. Looking around, he spots a mouse that was staring at the fox. “No pouncing the mouse while I’m here, Mr. Fox,” he says, laying across the stump and staring at the little black fox. “You’re an oddly colored one for Italy, little fox. I don’t believe I’ve seen a black fox here.”

The fox yipped and padded over to nuzzle at the delicately clawed hand, prancing away when the long fingers twitch at the feeling.

“But you are a pretty creature,” Whiskey hums, reaching forward slightly too gently scratch behind the foxes ears. “I suppose I should go home and figure out that painting huh? He keeps haunting my dreams, little fox. Why does he keep haunting my thoughts?”

Sighing softly, he stood up with a smile and moved to his horse again. Untying the rope, the hauls himself up into the saddle and heads back down the trail, tail swaying back and forth in time with the movement of the horses movements.

The fox sat on the stump and watched after the horse and rider leave, it’s eyes sparkling in interest and amusement before it bounded off the stump and ran after the mouse that squeaked and headed for the woods once more.

Copyright © 2010 Rose Strailo; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..