Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Flash stories collection - 1. A beautiful moment

Mike’s heart was racing as he reached out for Adam’s hand. He smiled at the handsome man that’d been his husband for over a decade now. He had to drink in his beauty slowly so he wouldn’t be overwhelmed.

“I have a surprise for us.”

“Oh?” Adam’s entrancing light blue eyes lit up and the wrinkled corners of his eyes proved how much smiling he did. He was such a happy, joyful man.

“But first, let me give you these.” Mike walked them over to the kitchen, over the muddy foot prints that had been left by the French doors. He blushed in embarrassment.

Adam glanced down too and shook his head. “Good thing we have dark floors.” He teased. “What’re you up to?”

Oh shit, the surprise might be sullied by the mud, or would it? No. Adam wasn’t a hardcore person, except when it mattered. As delicious as that thought was, he tucked it away for now.

“Definitely.” Mike swallowed back his nerves and reached for a delivery that was on the counter, still enshrouded in floral paper. “These are for you.” He pushed the heavy parcel towards Adam, who gasped slightly, but looked enchanted.

The paper was quickly torn away, revealing a bounty of colorful tulips. There were eight different colors in all; a rainbow. For their anniversary.

“These… these are so beautiful.” Adam gushed, his eyes glinted a little with unshed tears as he sniffed each flower.

When he was done, Mike didn’t get a chance to reply because their mouths were busy kissing. He was all for that kind of silence.

After the sweet exchange, he let go of Adam’s hand for a moment and reached for a bottle of wine and two glasses.

“A toast. To us.” He successfully extracted the cork with the nearby corkscrew and he poured them both a glass of wine. The bouquet of the vintage vino filled the kitchen; it was very sweet wine; a burgundy. Their favorite.

Adam tossed back a taste. “Mmm. Perfect.”

Without breaking his glance, Mike nodded. “Yes you are.”

Blushing nearly instantly, Adam ducked his head. “Not as much as you are for putting up with me all these years.”

“I do my best.” Mike admitted. It hadn’t been easy, especially in the beginning, but they’d worked through it and years later were still as in love as the day they got married. He sipped his beverage and swirled it in his glass. “Come outside, I want to show you something.” He teased playfully.

Adam cocked a blond brow. “Oh? I figured it had something to do with the yard, that would explain the mud.”

“Yes it will. Come, I’ll show you.” He took his spouse’s hand again and led him outside.

The day was sunny and bright, and warm. The green grass drew all sorts of visitors, most notably a squirrel that’d been devouring the bread they left out for him.

“Over here.” Mike led them over to a blanket that he’d spread out on the lawn. Beside it was a picnic basket, some pillows, and another bottle of wine. Perfect.

“This looks perfect.” Adam spoke in a breathy voice. “What else could I expect from my Mr. Wonderful?”

Mike dropped a kiss on Adam’s head. “All my love, as usual.”

“You certainly have mine too.” Adam tugged at Mike’s hand and he went along happily with the hastened pace.

They dined and toasted to each other and their marriage and ended their alone time with a show for the squirrel, wearing the picnic blanket for cover.

Copyright © 2014 stephanie l danielson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..