Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Ticklish Thriller (Revised) - 24. A Happy Ending pt. 1

First part of the final chapter.

Mitch resembled a grasshopper as he jumped from one lap to the next. The gleeful boy quickly discovered that Mikey, Dakota, Lance, Jai, and Adam were ticklish, like him, and it was easy to make them giggle, squirm and laugh. It excited him to find that the reactions he caused were for real and not faked like some adults did when he tickled them. He gave his dads and uncles each a long hug, kissed their cheeks, and made Mikey and Dakota promise they wouldn't change their minds about adopting him.

When they returned to Mikey's house, the guys decided to split up and finish what last-minute shopping they had to do, then meet up for a late lunch or dinner at their favorite restaurant.

Dakota placed his hand on Lance's shoulder as he was about to open the door to his Ram, "hey, Lancer, ya mind if I ride with ya," he asked.

Lance was momentarily surprised at the request but quickly smiled. "Hop in, bro," he giggled and squirmed when Mikey's fingers lightly dug between his ribs.

"Drive carefully, little bro," Mikey said with a chuckle as he hugged his brother.

Dakota bent his knees, wrapped his arms around his slightly younger mate's legs, then lifted Mikey over his shoulder and slapped his jeans-clad ass. He giggled when his captive yelped and tried to get free, then turned to face Adam and Jai, "hey, bros," he said with a grin.

"I'm sooo gonna kick your ass, Dakota," Mikey threatened as his legs kicked and his fists lightly pounded against the taller man's back. His antics made his brothers giggle with amusement.

"What's up, big bro," Jai asked.

"Can you guys try and keep my angel boy out of trouble? I know it's a tough job, but..." Dakota couldn't finish his sentence because he and the others cracked up with laughter, except for his trapped mate.

Mikey suddenly bucked and giggled like a little boy. "Lahaahaanceeee, nohohot thehehe bahahack ohohof mhihihy kneehees," he squealed.

Lance chuckled and moved his tickle attack to his brother's thighs. "Okay, how about here," he said.

"Thahahat's worhorhorse," Mikey screeched as his laughter got louder. His mate lowered him to the ground, then wrapped his arms lovingly around him. He smiled and kissed Dakota's chest as he pressed harder against his strong mate.

Adam, Lance, and Jai wrapped their arms around the giggling pair as they enjoyed a group hug. "Umm, we would be glad to help make Mikey behave, but I need Adam alone," Jai stated.

"I'm not a helpless little boy, ya know," Mikey whined. He giggled and squirmed when Jai ruffled his hair and tickled his stomach.

"Of course, you're not," Adam teased as he ruffled Mikey's hair and pinched his brother's cheeks. He giggled and jumped out of Mikey's reach when he tried to slap him.

"What is this, pick on Mikey day?" Mikey asked with a pronounced pout.

Jai appeared behind the younger brunet. He smiled, wrapped his arms around his brother's waist, and wiggled his fingers along Mikey's stomach. "Nope, this is giving Mikey love, hugs, and tickles day," he said between his boyish giggles.

Mikey shrieked and wildly laughed as his body struggled and squirmed in Jai's unbreakable hold, trying to escape. He giggled while his mate and two brothers joined them in a group hug. "I love my family," he happily exclaimed.

*****

On the way to their destinations, Lance smiled as he placed his hand on Dakota's. While at a stop light, he quickly glanced at his eldest brother, "So, what's on your mind, big bro," he asked after returning his attention to his driving when the light changed to green.

Dakota smirked, then turned his head to face his brother, "what makes ya think something's on my mind," he asked with a mischievous sparkle in his eyes. Soon as the Ram stopped at another traffic light, he jerked to the left and wriggled in the leather seat because Lance's fingers gently poked and wiggled between his ribs. "Youhoo're luhucky you're drihihiving, bayhaby bro," he said between his boyish giggles.

Lance grinned and continued to drive through the intersection once the light changed. "There are two or three more stoplights between here and the store, big bro," he chuckled and patted Dakota's knee with his free hand.

Dakota's leg jumped, and he softly yelped before letting out a quick giggle, then placed his hand on Lance's hand. "Fine, Lancer, you win, for now," he playfully growled. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. "I wanted to ask if you'd be okay with me asking Mikey to marry me."

Lance's head turned left to right, and when no traffic was coming, he turned left onto Hardy St. "Kota, the entire family knows you and Mikey want to get married," he said. There was a bit of confusion in his voice.

"I know that," Dakota acknowledged. "I meant, I'd like to marry Mikey the day we adopt Michie, that way, we can start our new lives as dads being husbands."

Lance pulled into the empty parking lot of an abandoned store. He turned the motor off and gazed into Dakota's eyes. "So, you want to marry Mikey and have come to me for my blessing," Lance said in an exaggerated husky voice as he stroked the light stubble on his chin with his index finger and thumb.

Dakota rolled his eyes and tried not to giggle at the younger male's cute display.

"Hmm, this is a huge thing you're asking for," Lance stated with narrowed eyes. He fought to keep himself from letting the giggles that rose from deep in his gut escape. "It involves in-depth, soul-wrenching consideration. There's love, honor, mutual ticklishness, and all the other biggies to discuss."

Dakota smirked, "Whose mutual ticklishness, yours and mine, or Mikey's and mine? That was as far as he could go. Tears dripped from his and Lance's eyes, and they filled the vehicle's interior with their boisterous laughter.

When the pair calmed down, Lance took hold of his brother's hand and unflinchingly gazed into the older man's eyes. "Dakota, I couldn't imagine a better match for Mikey than you. You've never wavered in your bravery, honor, fighting spirit, or unconditional love despite everything that's happened since you and my brother became a couple. You've proven yourself as a vital and desired member of our family." He paused to dry his tears, then extended his arm and used his thumb to dry his brother's tears. "You and Mikey will be the best fathers Michie could ever have." He breathed deeply and said, "Dakota, you've got my full support, big bro."

Dakota sighed in relief as tears streamed down his cheeks, and he lovingly wrapped his arms around Lance. "I'll do my best and not let you down, Lancer," he said.

Lance kissed his brother's cheek, "have you asked Mikey yet," he asked.

Dakota shook his head, "I haven't had the chance. I'm hoping to ask him tonight," he responded.

Lance smiled when an idea came to him. He started tapping something into his GPS and nodded when he found the info he wanted. "We're making a detour before heading to the store," he said. After texting Jai, Lance pulled out of the parking lot and into the flowing traffic.

"Where are we going, bro," Dakota asked as he watched the passing scenery to determine if he could figure out where they were going.

"It's a surprise, big bro," Lance said with a chuckle.

*****

Mikey turned into the driveway of his childhood home. After opening the door of the five-car garage, he carefully pulled into an empty spot beside Max's Chevy Tahoe, shut down his Explorer, closed the garage door, and entered the house through the kitchen door. "Hey, Daddies," he called out after slipping his shoes off and placing them on the second shelf of the three-shelf bookcase beside the wooden door.

"Mikey, we weren't expecting to see you so soon," Max said. The slightly salt and pepper-haired patriarch placed the knife he wielded on the granite counter top, wiped his hands on a hand towel, then lovingly embraced his second youngest boy and kissed his cheek. "You want a sandwich, baby boy? I'm fixing lunch for your dad and myself."

Mikey was about to respond, but before he spoke, a pair of nimble fingers gently dug into and wiggled between his rib cage. Boisterous laughter followed his high-pitched yelp as his body lowered to the hardwood flooring when his knees buckled. "DAHAHAHADDYYYYY," he screeched.

The dads shook their heads and chuckled at their boy's wild reaction. Bryan ceased the tickles, then engulfed his boy in a strong bear hug. "Hey, kiddo, what brings you around so soon," he asked before grabbing two beers and a Sprite for Mikey. He smirked when his son pouted and slightly shook the bottle with his arm extended. "You're most likely not staying long enough to have a beer before getting behind the wheel, baby boy."

Mikey giggled and shrugged his shoulders. "Thought I'd give it a shot," he joked. He laughed when his dads narrowed their eyes and stared at him. "What ya fixin', Daddy?"

"Ham, Swiss cheese, and kosher dill pickles on sourdough," Max replied.

Mikey placed his thumb and index finger on his chin and took a second to respond. "Okay, I'll try one." His giggles joined his dad's as he pulled the chair out and sat beside Bryan at the kitchen table. He smiled when Max brought two plates to the table, then giggled and squirmed along with Bryan when his dad playfully tickled his and his other dad's neck before joining them. "You two have been amazing role models for me and Adam," he said before taking a bite of the sandwich.

Max and Bryan gazed into each other's eyes, smiled, kissed, and in unison, they thanked their son for the compliment. Max sipped his beer, then wiped his mouth. "So, Son, what's on your mind," he asked.

Mikey swallowed his mouthful of soda, then took a second before responding. "You both know I want to marry Kota, right?" He remained silent while his dads nodded their heads because they were chewing. "Well..."

"Hey, Papa's and Mikey," Lance called out as he and Dakota leaned against the kitchen wall to remove their shoes and place the footwear on the bookcase.

Mikey and his dads stood up and greeted the new arrivals with hugs and kisses. "What are you two doing here," he asked. "Not that I'm not glad to see you."

The brunet wrapped his arm around his soulmate's waist. He sat down with Bryan, Lance, and Dakota while Max got two more Sprites from the fridge. The young men thanked their dad, then squirmed and giggled boyishly as he quickly tickled their ribs.

"Dakota asked me something on the way to the store," Lance said after sipping his drink. "After telling him he had my full support, I thought we should come here," he paused, gazed at his brother, and continued. "Especially since his question involved you, Mikey."

Dakota looked at his soda before opening it, then stared into his dad-in-law's eyes. He nervously shifted in the wooden chair. "Would it be okay if I had a beer," he asked.

Bryan smiled as he got up, retrieved a cold bottle from the fridge, and handed it to his future son-in-law.

"Thanks, Dad," Dakota said after opening it and sipping the refreshing liquid.

"Damn, it's a full house," Adam said. He and Jai walked into the kitchen, greeted everyone with hugs and kisses, and headed to the refrigerator for a Pepsi.

"So, I know why we're here," Jai said before sipping his soda. "What's on your minds?"

"Well, Kota was just about to discuss something that he and Lancer were talking about in the car," Mikey responded. he lovingly gazed at his mate, gently massaged his free hand, and kissed his cheek. "It's okay, babe."

While waiting, Bryan pulled his phone out of his pocket and texted Pam and Tony that all the boys were at the house.

Dakota took a deep breath as he was about to speak soft, boyish giggles left his mouth. He jumped and squirmed when Adam's fingers gently and firmly tickle-massaged his neck and shoulders. The half-Cherokee turned his head and smiled at his brother, then placed his hand on the one massaging him. Tears dripped down his cheeks as he gazed into Mikey's eyes. "I asked Lance if he'd be okay with me asking you to marry me on Wednesday when we adopt our son."

Everyone was silent as they looked at the couple, everyone that is except for Lance, who said, "I told him he was the perfect match for my brother and that they'd have my full support."

Dakota looked at Adam and Jai with sadness in his eyes. "I know we decided on a joint wedding next October, and I'd love to still do that. It's just that I want to start life with Michie being married to the only man who has my heart."

"Bro," Adam softly said. "That's why Jai and I are here."

"We wanted to ask the dads if they'd be okay with us asking Papa Brad if he'd marry us when you adopt our nephew," Jai stated while his love held him in his arms.

Before anyone else could say another word, Pam and Tony walked into the kitchen. While they fixed themselves a drink, the new arrivals were brought up to speed on why their kids came over.

"That's also why I came here," Mikey said. He gathered everyone's plates, placed them in the dishwasher, then giggled as he returned and made himself comfortable on Bryan's lap.

"You're such a baby boy," Adam teased as he walked over and kissed his brother's head.

"Yeppers, and always will be," Mikey said amidst the family's chuckles and giggles. "I wanted to ask Kota if he'd marry me on Wednesday too. I just wanted my Dads to weigh in, then I was going to you guys."

It took Pam, Tony, Bryan, and Max one second to look into each other's eyes before they gave their collective support. Everyone stood up and shared a massive family hug fest.

Mikey whistled to get everyone's attention. "Guys, since we're all here, there's one more thing I'd like to put on the table for discussion."

Bryan and Dakota each glared at the younger brunet. "Finally," they said in unison without realizing they'd been curious about the same thing.

Mikey and everyone else chuckled at the response. "Daddy, I'm not gonna take up your place." He held up his hand to stop the protest he knew would come from his father. "I do, however, know the perfect person and, in my opinion, the best candidate." He finished speaking when he placed his arms around Lance's chest, smiled, and stood behind his brother. "Daddy, meet your replacement, Lancelot Arthur Knight, the youngest person to ever run for city council."

Everyone's eyes widened, and they glanced at each other and the two men in the center of the room.

"Mikey, what are you talking about, and why would I replace Papa Bry as councilman?" Lance asked, breaking the deafening silence.

"Lance, I've reached the end of my term, and I'm not interested in running again. I'd asked Mikey to take my place, but I can see the genius in his thought about you being my choice."

"I know nothing about being a councilman," Lance said. He still didn't believe he was thought of as a possible candidate.

"Son, neither did I. However, I can guide you and teach you the job," Bryan said as he embraced his youngest son. "You'd be perfect and have the best chance at getting more youths involved with local politics. You can help implement programs that will have the most positive impact on the youth of our community."

"I agree with Mikey and Bry," Pam stated. "Another benefit would be the life experience you'd gain will help with your classes."

Lance gazed at his brothers and asked. "Well, bros?" The answer came in the form of head nods and a group hug. "Okay, if everyone feels like I can do this and make a positive difference in the community, I'm in."

The family hung around for another hour before the boys said it was time to leave.

Thanks to everyone who's read, reacted to, and commented on this story. I've greatly enjoyed the interaction, and loved seeing your thoughts and feelings.
Love y'all
Copyright © 2022 Ajbt2001; All Rights Reserved.
  • Love 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

14 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

A beautiful chapter full of love and tickles 

Originally, i planned on having one final chapter, but I decided to split it into two parts when I saw how long it became. I ended up using 600 words to start the second part. 

As always, the brothers are just too damn adorable and playful. I loved seeing the interaction between Dakota and Lance, and Mikey and his dads almost sent me into diabetic shock. LOL

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..