Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Ticklish Thriller (Revised) - 22. The Greatest Gift pt. 2

"Damn it," Adam and Mikey exclaimed in unison, causing a flood of laughs from their mates and little brother. "Mama knows we're gonna be going crazy not knowing what's up," Adam stated.

"Yeah, mean Mama," Mikey said with a pout.

Dakota, Lance, and Jai couldn't form any words. They just shook their heads and leaned against one another as their bodies quaked with boisterous laughter.

"C'mon, my adorable overgrown kid of a husband-to-be," Jai said amidst his chuckles. "You, me, and Kota have things to do." He slapped Adam's and Dakota's asses and guided the slightly older males into the kitchen. Jai laughed like crazy when they yelped and rubbed their palms on their ass cheeks.

Along the way, Adam grumbled about his future husband not getting sex that night and corporal punishment. Dakota mumbled something about a pale-faced devil brother and the consequences of assaulting a Cherokee warrior and police officer.

Lance and Mikey laughed so hard they were in tears and leaned on each other as they watched the scene. Finally, the pair calmed down, got comfortable, and relaxed. Lance sighed and softly purred when his brother's fingertips lightly stroked across the top of his shoulders. Mikey softly chuckled because, like Sean, he loved hearing that sound of complete contentment.

"I love you, Lance," Mikey whispered. He leaned forward and kissed the top of his brother's head.

"I love you more, Mikey," Lance softly responded. He squirmed and giggled when his neck and ears were lightly tickled.

"You think so, huh?" Mikey asked with a smirk.

"Yep," Lance said before giggling.

Mikey grinned. He kissed his brother's nose, worked his hand under the hem of Lance's shirt, and lightly tickled the younger brunet's stomach.

Lance's body wriggled, and his toes scrunched. He squealed and giggled as he tried to push the playful tickler's hands away from the tickle spot. "I still say I love ya more," he said while giggling.

Suddenly, Mikey started sobbing, and tears streamed down his face. His arms encircled Lance's body, and his head was on his left shoulder.

Lance closed his eyes and wrapped his arms protectively around his brother's quaking upper body. "It's okay, big bro," he softly whispered as he gently kissed the side of Mikey's head while lovingly rubbing his back. "Let it out, Mikey. You've been strong for everyone long enough. I knew you'd need the release sooner or later."

Dakota could feel Mikey's emotions. He peered around the doorway and was about to go to comfort his soulmate. His brothers placed their hands on his biceps, then in sync, the pair shook their heads and gently pulled him back into the kitchen.

"Let Lance help Mikey this time, bro," Adam said, with Jai nodding in agreement.

"I-I d-d-don't know what I would've done if..." Mikey stuttered between the heavy sobs and deep wheezing breaths. Tears continued to fall from his eyes and dampen Lance's shirt.

"I'm okay, Mikey," Lance whispered. He let his tears fall down his cheeks. Over the next ten minutes, they remained in each other's embrace, letting their tears and emotions convey their love and undying devotion as brothers.

"I'm sorry I put you in danger, Lance," Mikey said. "Maybe if I were bi and let something happen between Janice and myself, or if I were straight, then maybe she never would've felt the need to hurt you or anyone else."

Enough was enough. There was no way in hell he'd let his brother continue on this path. Lance let Mikey go, pushed him against the arm of the sofa, and straddled his legs. "You listen to me, Michael Dante Carter," he said with a no-nonsense tone.

Mikey's eyes widened as he was forced to look into the blazing eyes of his younger brother. He gasped from the swiftness of Lance's movement and the power in his voice.

"Don't you ever fuckin' say anything like that again, and I hope to everything good in this world that Dakota and our brothers didn't hear you just now," Lance had to pause to breathe and gather his thoughts as he kept his brother's face stationary in his hands. "I love you, Mikey, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna let you start hating and blaming yourself."

Mikey closed his eyes and wiped his nose with his sleeve. "B-but…"

"MIKEY," Lance almost hollered. "There are no butts in this," he paused, softly giggled, then continued, "except maybe the one you're sitting on." He started to feel better when he heard his brother's boyish giggles join with his.

*****

Adam, Jai, and Dakota worked to fix chicken fajitas, potato skins with cheese, and broccoli for dinner.

Jai decided to take the time to address something he felt needed to be expressed with the eldest of the brotherhood. He pulled three bottles of beer from the fridge, set them on the table, then had Adam and Dakota sit with him. "Guys, since Lance and Mikey are getting things out in the open, we should do the same," he said.

Adam looked confused as he gazed at his lover and brother. He noticed Dakota was doing the same thing and asked. "What's up, babe?"

Jai smiled and took hold of the older male's hands. "Ad, Kota, I can see the similar expressions on your faces, and I've felt the same feelings come from you both."

Dakota looked at Jai, "what are you talking about, Jai," he asked.

Adam smirked. "Yes, oh great, all impotent one. What is this about?" His comment made him and Dakota start hysterically laughing. He tried but failed to duck Jai's slap to the back of his head.

"I've never been impotent," Jai managed to get out between his fit of laughter. "Well, there was that one time, but that wasn't my fault. Lance played an April Fool joke and put one of his straight porn discs in my DVD player." His laughter blended with Adam's and Dakota's. It took a couple minutes before they were able to get serious. "I'm talking about the feeling of guilt and helplessness you two have felt since things started happening," he said when they'd all calmed down enough to continue.

*****

Lance's hands were on his older brother's shoulders. "Mikey, we all believe in and have been held to a higher standard of accountability than most people our age or even older," Lance stated as he held his brother's hand, gently wiped the tears from Mikey's cheeks, and rubbed his back. "However, that doesn't mean we should take responsibility for what others say or do. What Janice, TL, Steve, or anyone else that's tried to hurt our family has done is on them, not us."

Mikey nodded slightly and buried his face in Lance's chest with his right arm over his brother's shoulder.

Lance smiled and returned the show of affection. "Now, are you gonna stop being so hard on yourself and give me your most adorable Mikey smile, or do I have to tie you down and make you eat liver and onions topped with whipped cream and cherries?"

*****

In the kitchen, the two lovers and their brother were checking on the food as it cooked, then returned to the table and their discussion.

Adam sipped his beer, then took a deep breath, "you're right, my love," he said.

Jai and Dakota moved so they were on either side of the teary-eyed brunet, with their arms wrapped around him and their heads on his shoulders.

Adam smiled as he turned and lovingly kissed his mate and brother's heads. "Since everything began with these attacks, I've been feeling like I'm useless and not needed anymore," he paused and gazed into Dakota's glassy eyes, "that's got nothing to do with you being with Mikey," he said.

Dakota smiled and gently ruffled Adam's hair. "I know," he said before kissing his brother's cheek.

Jai wiped the tears from his eyes as he watched their newest family member be so comforting and loving with his mate. He silently thanked his dad and Dakota's parents for bringing him into their lives, more so because this gentle guy was the perfect match for Mikey.

Adam sighed and continued. "It feels like neither of my baby bros needs me anymore, and I'm not quite sure where I fit." He saw Jai take a breath, so he put his hand up to stop his mate's interjection. "I know, it doesn't make any sense, we're not that far apart in age, but I've always felt like I was the first line of defense, so to speak, at least with Mikey. You know what I mean, babe because you've been the same for Lance."

Adam kissed his future husband's cheek as Jai nodded in agreement, then continued. "I've also felt guilty for not being there to protect Mikey when Aaron and Trinie attacked him. My brother's always been so loving and trusting. It hurts to know they did that to him and took advantage of him." He gathered the empty bottles, deposited them in the recycling bin, retrieved another round from the fridge, and distributed them to his table mates. After opening his, he held up his beer, clinked his bottle against the other two, and sipped the alcoholic beverage. "Okay, I'm done, I think," he said as the other guys got up and embraced him, then returned to their chairs. He looked at Dakota, "your turn, big bro," he said.

*****

Mikey's giggles were muffled by his younger brother's muscular chest. He raised his head and looked Lance in the eyes, "you're just as mean and evil as Mama," he said before giggling again.

Lance chuckled and laid his head on Mikey's shoulder, "where do you think I learned it," he asked with a smirk. "Now, where's my Mikey smile?"

Mikey was about to say something back when he felt anxiety and pain coming from Dakota. He turned his head toward the kitchen and started to get up, but Lance's hand on his arm stopped him.

"Bro, Kota's safe and with our other brothers. They've let us have our time together, so we need to let them do the same," Lance softly said.

Mikey nodded and sat back down, "you're right bro," he grinned. "When did you get so smart?"

Lance giggled and shrugged, "I've had some great older brothers and four parents who taught me everything I know," he said. He smiled and shared a loving embrace with Mikey.

*****

Dakota closed his eyes and knew this was one of those make-or-break moments. He could feel Adam and Jai staring at him as he stood up and removed all his clothes sans socks. His feelings of shame, guilt, and heartache kept him from being able to look at his brothers, so he stood silent, naked, and vulnerable with closed eyes. The tears streamed down his face and splashed onto the laminate flooring. For him, it felt like a lifetime had passed. In reality, only two or three minutes ticked away before four arms wrapped around him, protecting him in a loving, cocoon-like embrace. That was followed by tears on his shoulders and kisses on his cheeks.

Adam was first to break the deafening silence, "no one's gonna hurt you like that again, Kota. Not if I've got a breath left in me," he proclaimed with strength and love.

"Damn, you're fuckin' gorgeous, big bro, inside and out. I can't imagine the emotional, mental, and physical pain you endured when you received these testaments to the undying strength and resilience in your soul," Jai said.

Dakota was speechless. No one besides Mikey and Tony accepted him with such love and delivered a believable affirmation of protection since he was tortured by his ex and his gang. His whole body quivered from the pure energy in the room, the love flowing back and forth between Adam, Jai, and himself, and the strengthening bond with his mate and three brothers. Adam and Jai were in a state of speechlessness as well. They could feel the hurt and pain from the years of rejection and heartache dissipate from their brother. "I love you," they whispered in unison when words returned to them.

Jai looked into Dakota's eyes and swept his hand up and down the bare skin, "this was the source of your feelings of guilt and helplessness," he said more as a statement than a question.

"Yes," Dakota whispered, "I kept feeling guilty because Mikey started calling me his brave warrior." He smiled when Adam and Jai dried his tears. "Then, the helplessness set in because it always seemed like I'd been getting my ass kicked and had to be saved every time someone attacked us."

Adam placed his hands on either side of Dakota's face and gazed into his brother's glistening eyes. "Kota, you are a brave warrior and a protector," he said. "Even though you've gotten knocked down, you've never given up."

"Whenever Mikey's needed you, you've been there to comfort, love, and guide him," Jai offered. "When the guard blew up his house, Dad told us that you managed to keep the guy's attention on you until Mikey stopped him from killing you. A lesser person would've been running for the hills, but you stayed and fought back as much as possible."

Adam kissed Dakota's cheek. "When Mikey kept us from being raped, he told us you prevented him from crossing the line between protection and murder. That's what makes you a brave warrior, Dakota. It's also what makes us respect and love you."

"Thanks, bros," Dakota said after kissing the two soon-to-be husbands. He then held Adam's face in his hands. "Adam, you're always gonna be Mikey's big brother and his first line of defense. My angel boy will forever need you, Jai, and Lance, whether I'm around or not. Ad, you're who I look to for an example of how to be an awesome big brother because you're the epitome of that."

During dinner, Mikey, Lance, Dakota, Jai, and Adam were in constant physical contact with each other as they reveled in their bond and brotherhood. No one asked about what was shared with one another. They let whoever wanted to talk about their experience do so when they felt ready. After dinner, Dakota showed Lance his scars and explained to his brothers their origin. Lance became so emotional from the memory of Mikey's ordeal that he jumped into Mikey's and Dakota's laps and gave them both a bone-crushing bear hug. When the time came for bed, nobody wanted to sleep in separate rooms, so Mikey and Dakota pulled out some blankets and a couple sleeping bags and opened them to create a space large enough for all of them to be comfortable.

Saying goodnight to each other reminded Lance of The Waltons. He waited a minute or two after everyone stopped speaking and said, "Goodnight, John-boy." He wriggled and squealed when his brothers tickle attacked him before they calmed down enough to fall asleep in each other's arms.

This turned out to be a more emotional chapter than I thought. It's so beautiful seeing the brother's bond becoming so strong.
Thanks for reading, reacting, and commenting
Love y'all
Copyright © 2022 Ajbt2001; All Rights Reserved.
  • Love 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great Chapter, everyone got to let go of some emotional baggage, and accept the love of their brothers.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
14 hours ago, VBlew said:

Great Chapter, everyone got to let go of some emotional baggage, and accept the love of their brothers.

Thanks, @VBlewthe guys directed where the chapter went. Everything that came out, needed to be addressed for them to be at peace with themselves. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Sorry I'm late reading.

A beautiful chapter, great to see the brothers talking and letting go of the emotional baggage that they all had.

They needed to do that before Mum's surprise at the church.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..