Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Ticklish Thriller (Revised) - 25. A Happy Ending pt. 2

Christmas Eve morning, Mikey was the first one up, as usual. He left the en suite bathroom, walked over to the dresser, pulled out his green and red candy cane boxers, put them on, and retrieved the matching ankle socks. Mikey stepped over to the bed, leaned down, softly kissed Dakota's cheek, then closed the door. Downstairs, he lit the Christmas tree, then the lights around the living and dining rooms, and placed his and Dakota's gifts for their brothers in their chairs at the dining room table. He and Dakota had already discussed not getting anything for each other, except for wedding rings, because they already had everything they wanted or needed.

"Need any help, little brother," Jai asked. He smiled, gave Mikey a bear hug, kissed his cheek, and before letting the slightly younger man go, he tickled his brother's sides and wriggled his index finger around the walls of the belly button crevice. "Merry Christmas, Mikey," Jai said. "I love you so much, my adorable baby bro."

Mikey squealed as he doubled over. He squirmed as his body twisted left to right, and his pelvis thrust back and forth like he was doing the Time Warp from Rocky Horror, trying to escape Jai's hold. The ticklish male panted and continued to giggle when the tickling ceased. As soon as he could, he had his arms around Jai, bear-hugging him and laying his head on his firm chest. "Merry Christmas, Jai. I love you, too, big bro."

Once everyone was downstairs and they'd given and received the traditional holiday tickles, hugs, and kisses, the five young men sat at the table to open their presents before eating. Adam, Jai, and Lance each got a rainbow heart-shaped dream catcher from Dakota. Mikey gave Adam a brown leather bomber jacket, like the one he had in high school, and Jai received horseback riding lessons. He gave Lance a small box with a key in it.

"A key," Lance asked in confusion.

Mikey giggled and nodded. "Get your jacket and shoes on, then go out to the garage bay," he said. He and Dakota shared a knowing look and a kiss while their brothers ran to the door.

"Aren't you guys coming," Jai asked excitedly.

"We know what it is. Besides, it's cold out there," Dakota responded. He and his future husband sipped coffee and lightly caressed each other's arms. They giggled and squirmed in their chairs as their sock-clad feet rubbed against one another while waiting for their brothers to return.

"Holy fuckin' shit," Lance screamed when he burst through the garage door with his brothers close behind him.

Mikey stood up only to be tackled to the floor, bombarded with kisses and a bone-crushing bear hug. He giggled and wrapped his arms around his younger brother, returning the affection.

"I can't believe you got me a fuckin' 2004 Mustang Cobra convertible." The excited brunet squealed.

Mikey smirked, "Gee, I thought you'd love it. I guess I was wrong. Oh well, I can always sell it and get ya something else."

The second after Mikey stopped speaking, Lance's fingers dug into his brother's ribs and kneaded just above his hips. The slightly older brunet thrashed, and his feet slapped the hardwood floor as his wild, boyish laughter flowed from his lips. Dakota, Adam, and Jai laughed so hard as they watched Lance playfully demolish his older brother with tickles they had to lean on each other and the furniture to keep from losing their balance.

"Get 'em, Lancer," Adam encouraged. He giggled when he saw the look Mikey managed to give him.

“Babe, you might not survive the kid's tickle attack if you even think of selling the Cobra," Dakota said when he was able to speak.

Lance looked up at his half-Cherokee brother and playfully growled at him for the "kid" comment.

While trapped, Adam quickly got hold of his animated legs and pinned them under him. Mikey grunted and struggled but couldn't dislodge his appendages from the heavier brunet. "What gives," he asked as his sock-clad toes flexed and scrunched. He yelped when Adam changed positions, and he was in his older brother's famous headlock and treated to the infamous noogie.

"Dude, you gave Lancer a car, and I, your only biological bro, got a leather jacket." Adam childishly whined. He wrestled with and finally got Mikey face down, then pinned his brother's wildly squirming and kicking legs under him.

"Sooo not fair," Mikey whined as he bent to the left, trying to look at his captor. "I didn't get your jacket for little to nothing, and the car was part of a good cause."

Usually, he'd be able to put up a better fight and even have a chance at not being trapped. However, Mikey's energy was lower because of the tickling he'd just gotten from Lance. His feet wriggled side to side as he desperately tried to keep Adam from removing his socks. However, after a few failed attempts, the older brunet proved victorious when he pinched the elastic top of the ankle socks, then swiftly spirited them away from the helpless ticklish soles of his writhing brother. Mikey's statement caused the four brunet's heads to turn and stare wide-eyed at the giggling speaker.

"What the fuck?" Dakota, Lance, Jai, and Adam managed to ask in unison.

Mikey was laughing even harder at the unified response. Even though Adam wasn't keeping him pinned, he was still on the floor, laughing and pointing at his brothers and soon-to-be-husband. "Damn, I wish I could show you guys your expressions. You'd be hysterically laughing just as bad as I am," he said when he could speak.

"This, I gotta hear," Lance said as he sat behind Mikey, wrapped his arms around him, and kissed his cheek. "By the way, thanks for the car, Mikey. I don't know what I did to deserve it, but I'm very grateful.

Mikey lifted his head, wrapped his arms around Lance's neck, and kissed the slightly younger brunet's chin. "Baby bro, you deserved it because you're my brother, and I love you."

Jai giggled and lightly smacked his husband's round ass when he rolled his eyes and made a gagging sound. "Don't even try it, babe. You're just as sappy and adorably cute," he squealed like a girl and hopped like a rabbit when Adam tickled his lumbar area.

Dakota grinned and soaked up the playful atmosphere while silently thanking his parents, Tony, and the powers of the universe for bringing him together with his new family. "Okay, Angel boy, how did you get the car for little to nothing, and what was this good cause?" All he knew was Mikey acquired the car before they started talking about being boyfriends, so he never thought to ask about the Cobra. With his interest peaked, he was dying to know the details.

"You guys might wanna sit down for this," Mikey said with an impishly boyish grin and airy chuckle. He waited as his older brothers sat on the floor facing him and Lance. "Okay, so last January, I got a call from a guy I once tutored who works at the impound lot in the next county," Mikey paused and glanced at the youngest brunet in the room. "He had a class with you, Lance, and you guys talked about what cars you'd love to own one day."

Lance closed his eyes and mentally did an inventory of his memory. He smiled. "Was it Arnie," he asked.

Mikey nodded and continued his explanation. "Arnie said that he'd received a wrecked Cobra and would put it up for auction to benefit the county's law enforcement retirement fund after it got repaired. I asked if I could purchase the car for a donation. He talked it over with the Sheriff, who said no until he learned who my dads and papa are." Mikey started cackling when he saw the open mouths. "I was planning to pay the impound fee, but the Sheriff waived it, so I donated five thousand dollars to the retirement fund. I would've donated more, but not even the Sheriff would let me. When I got the car back here, I got with the high school's mechanic's teacher and let them work on the Mustang for their exam grade."

"I don't believe it. The first time my brother used his connections was for a Christmas present," Adam stated. Tears of pride and love shined in his eyes as he embraced his birth brother. "You're fuckin' amazing, my sweet baby brother."

Tears streamed down Mikey's cheeks as he felt the purest love as it flowed between him, his mate, and three brothers when they engulfed him in a group hug.

Starting a half hour before dawn's early light on Christmas Day, the lake house was bustling with activity, and it was all hands on deck for the guys. They skipped the usual morning ticklish playtime, and everyone pitched in to help prepare for the incoming family. Mikey was busting his ass in the kitchen while his mate and brothers cleaned the house. The guys made sure the parking area and drive up to the house from the road were clear of snow, swept the porches, and put down salt to keep everyone from slipping on icy patches.

Bryan and Max arrived with Tony and Pam. They lovingly greeted their boys, then placed gifts wherever they could find room. Pam got into the rhythm and worked seamlessly with Mikey in the kitchen. Max, Bryan, and Tony got the extra leaf and extended the table to accommodate the entire family. With everyone's help, they finished the preparations with an hour to spare and relax before Brad and Mitch would arrive. As they sat around, Lance, Adam, and Jai took it upon themselves to fill the parents in on the Cobra Lance would be driving. Dakota giggled as he held Mikey in his lap, who buried his face in his chest to hide his bright pink cheeks.

"Well, that explains the mysterious call I got," Tony said while sipping his nonalcoholic eggnog. Even though it was a holiday, the family agreed to hold off on alcohol consumption until they had the wine with their meal.

"What call," Mikey asked when he felt he could face the family without blushing even more.

"Ronald, the Sheriff you talked to about the car, called around February. He said he hoped my son would enjoy the Mustang and to thank him for the generous donation. When I asked which son donated to the retirement fund and what car he was referring to, Ron said that my son wanted to remain anonymous." Tony chuckled and ruffled Mikey's hair. "I should've guessed it was you, kiddo," he said before kissing his second-youngest son.

When they arrived, Brad and Mitch were treated to the usual Carter/Knight family welcome, complete with tickles for the youngest boy in the family. The second everyone finished the greeting, the family gathered around the Christmas tree. The adults were transported back to their childhood as they reveled in the seven-year-old boy's infectious smile and felt his excitement as he explored the mountain of gifts piled on the floor.

Now that he wasn't the youngest family member, Lance conspired with his new nephew. After everyone exchanged gifts, the youthful pair launched unified tickle attacks on Adam, Jai, Dakota, and Mikey. These attacks were unchallenged until Dakota grabbed onto and pinned Lance to the floor, and Mikey trapped Mitch. The light and darker-haired boys squealed as their bodies writhed around and tried to escape. The helpless pair boisterously laughed like hyenas as their bare feet, ribs, stomachs, armpit hollows, and belly buttons were tickled by Adam and Jai.

Part of the dinner conversation was the request for Brad to marry the two sets of fiancees. With Adam and Jai, he was quick to agree to the nuptials. However, the fact that Mikey and Dakota had been together less than a year caused the older man to be a little hesitant to agree to the union because of his personal thoughts on marriages in general. He didn't like marrying anyone who hadn't lived together for at least a year. However, that opinion was momentarily amended, and he said yes when he learned all the parents gave their blessings and informed about everything he hadn't already known the young couple and family had endured.

Before the meal ended, Brad stood up, clinked his glass, and asked the gathered blended clan to stand. After everyone complied with his request, the graying-haired man smiled as he gazed into everyone's sparkling, love-filled eyes. "I've got a couple of announcements," he paused to sip his water. "First, I'm honored and grateful that you've all accepted me and Michie into your hearts and home." Before anyone could say a word, Brad's hand went up. "Second, Pamela Knight, it's my great honor to inform you that you will be my successor upon my departure from the bench after the first of the year."

Everyone stared at the Judge with open mouths, completely speechless.

Brad chuckled and took the opportunity to continue. "Finally, third, I'm happy to inform the Carter/Knight family that you've all been elected to receive the city's citizenship award for everyone's hard work and dedication to the betterment of our community."

Pam finally recovered from the shock of learning she would be the next Judge if she accepted the position. "Brad, I'm not sure if I'm quali…"

"Mom, you've got to do it," Mikey excitedly exclaimed as he interrupted Pam. He cringed and blushed when everyone's head turned to him, all with an amused expression on their faces. After swallowing some wine, he walked over to the Matriarch and gave her his most loving signature Mikey-hug. "You'd be the perfect Judge, Mom. You've always fought for anyone who wasn't brave or strong enough to raise their voice, and who knows how many times you've kept every one of your kids' adorable asses, including mine, in line."

"Daddy," Mitch's firm, youthful voice caused Mikey and the family to give him their attention. "Language," he boldly said before curling into himself and giggling uncontrollably.

Everyone was now holding onto chairs and each other to keep from falling down because they were laughing so hard.

"Our boy's right, babe," Tony said after recovering and kissing his wife. "I know I'd be proud to have my wife be a Judge."

"Sis," Bryan said as he and Max embraced and kissed Pam. "Max and I agree. You'd be an amazing Judge and be able to accomplish great things for the community."

Pam couldn't speak because she was too overcome with the love surrounding her. However, she turned and gazed at her five remaining boys and grandson. Each one smiled and nodded in agreement to their Mom and Grandma taking the position as they embraced her and kissed her cheek. Finally, she found her lost voice, "Brad, I'd be honored to accept the place on the bench. With my family backing me, I know I'll do as good of a job as possible."

On Wednesday night, after the parents left and Mitch, who was now officially Mickey Daniel McCormick Carter-Buckingham, was peacefully sleeping in his new bedroom inside his new permanent home, Mikey, Dakota, Lance, Jai, and Adam relaxed on the rug by the fireplace, soaking in the day's loving atmosphere.

Lance smiled as he gazed at his immensely jubilant older brothers. "Guys, this has been the most amazing Christmas our family's enjoyed... ever," he said.

Mikey giggled and lightly stroked his fingers through the slightly younger brunet's hair. "You said it, little bro." He jumped and squeaked like a mouse when Lance's fingers grazed the pads of his plump toes. "I can't believe I'm a Dad to that angelic, beautiful boy sleeping upstairs." Tears filled his eyes and glistened in the firelight as they trailed down his cheeks. "I love Mickey more than I could ever express in words."

Adam grinned, "Wow! My librarian brother's unable to come up with words to express the copious amount of love flowing from his heart," he said before giggling as he ducked Jai's head slap.

"Damn, you've never used the word copious before," Mikey giggled, "admit it, bro, you've been using the dictionary, haven't ya," he teased.

Adam stuck his tongue out at his brother while the others cackled at the playful verbal exchange. "No, I haven't, smarty pants. For your information, I heard it on a cartoon I watched the other day and decided to use it in a sentence to sound as smart as I look. So there, nah...nah." He couldn't take it anymore. His boisterous cackles blended with his mate's and brother's. "Seriously," Adam said when the laughter began to die down. "I know how you feel, baby brother." Tears filled his eyes as he held his husband's hand, lifted it to his lips, and lovingly kissed the top of it. "We haven't met him yet, but Jai and I already love our soon-to-be-born son more than anything we own on this earthly plane.

Dakota was silently watching his brethren and soaking in everything. He silently got up. Hugged his husband tightly, letting all the positive energy and love inside him flow between himself and the slightly younger man. Before letting go, he softly kissed Mikey's lips while tears streamed down his cheeks. Remaining silent, he repeated the same action with his brothers. Finally, after he'd kissed and hugged everyone, he sat on the floor cross-legged and smiled. "My parents wanted to show their love and devotion to their new sons through me," he paused, then continued, "I wanted to share my love and devotion as well. So that was from the Buckingham side of the family."

Nothing else was said as Mikey went upstairs. A couple minutes later, he returned with Mickey, still asleep in his arms. His husband and brothers lay down on the bed made from sleeping bags. They waited for Mikey and their newest family member to be comfortably cuddled in the middle. They said I love you, and good night to each other, and the five young men closed their eyes for a peaceful night's slumber.

It ends just like it began, with the family's unbreakable bond.
This has been truly gratifying for me because it was my very first try at writing a mystery/thriller story, my favorite genre.
I hope you've enjoyed the journey and have found something to love about the characters. Their existence has been an enriching addition to my life.
As always, thanks for reading, commenting, and reacting.
Love y'all
Copyright © 2022 Ajbt2001; All Rights Reserved.
  • Love 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

1 hour ago, VBlew said:

Awesome ending, loved this story.

@VBlew I add a lot of fun and shed a lot of tears on this final chapter. I really loved working with these characters and watching them blossom on the page and in my imagination.

Thank you, so much for constantly supporting my stories, @VBlew

  • Love 2
Link to comment

This was a truly magical ending to an inspired story. The characters were deep and well thought out and the plot was intriguing. I enjoyed the story and hope that you will revisit the characters again soon. Thank you! 

  • Love 3
Link to comment
7 hours ago, flesco said:

This was a truly magical ending to an inspired story. The characters were deep and well thought out and the plot was intriguing. I enjoyed the story and hope that you will revisit the characters again soon. Thank you! 

Thanks @flesco, I actually have considered doing a second story set about 6-8 years in the future. I've just gotta come up with the right plot. :hug:

  • Love 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..