Jump to content

Crossing the Threshold

   (3 reviews)
Genres: Romance
Sub-genres: Contemporary Romance

Tom Hutton is reeling from the recent death of his wife of 35 years. Alone and lonely, he confides in his best friend that he feels like leaving behind his home, his business, and his family. The friend suggests he take some time off and get away to someplace totally unlike his familiar surroundings in Denver. Tom soon finds himself in Las Vegas, where his luxury hotel assigns him a personal concierge - a handsome young man who seems to be making suggestive remarks. Tom decides to find out what the concierge is really offering and in doing so finds himself on the threshold of an experience that he had never allowed himself to think possible.

Copyright © 2023 Tim Hobson; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (5 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 4
  • Characters 5
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 5
  • Feel-Good 5
  • Humor 3
  • Smoldering 2
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 4
  • World Building 2

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Bill W

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Tom Hutton is a successful businessman who's just lost his wife of 35 years.  Of course he's grief stricken and feeling totally lost and alone, so he tries to deal with his grief by concentrating on work.  His best and long time friend, Keith, sees what he's doing and recommends he take some time off.  What happens when he follows his friend's advice not only surprises Tom, but it will surprise you as well.  

  • Love 4
Link to review
raven1

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

"Crossing the Threshold" is a wonderfully written tale and a worthy addition to the Tales Along the Way series. Tom Hutton is at a turning point in his life.  He has forced himself to choose between his sad but comfortable life or leap into a very different future.  I love this story and give it my highest recommendation.

  • Love 1
Link to review
chris191070

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

We meet Tom who is dealing with the death of his wife, 35 years happily married.

He is throwing himself into work and doing little else to deal with the grief, his best friend Keith realises this and convinces him to take a vacation.

So before he knows Tom finds himself in Las Vegas on vacation, but you need to read on to discover more as 'what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas'.

  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..