Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Knots 4 - 33. Chapter 33

So Much to Think About

Knots 4

Chapter 33

Andy

Suddenly, I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do. I loved it when Dillon and I were together, and I thought he was my boyfriend and loved me. Matt loved me, but it wasn’t the same. I wasn’t sure what was in me at the time that made me so needy. That’s the only word that comes to mind when I think back to that time. What Matt and I had was great. We just as well have been boyfriends, but we weren’t. At the time, I didn’t understand why it was so important to be boyfriends. Like Matt said, we’re only sixteen, so what’s the hurry?

I’d walk down the halls and see all the couples holding hands, talking, and laughing together. There was just something special about it. Matt and I weren’t much different when we were together, except for the hand-holding part. I wasn’t one for public displays of affection anyway, so wanting to show everyone Matt was my boyfriend in public wasn’t it.

Those of you who have been reading our story are probably dying to know if we’re together today. I’m tempted to tell you, but you’ll just have to wait until we’re done. You obviously know that we’re still friends. For all you know, Matt is married and has a couple of children. As far as that goes, so could I. I’m sure most of you are hoping that we’re married and have adopted some kids. All of that is possible of course, but our story is about the past and what happened then.

I wanted a boyfriend and as usual, I wasn’t satisfied with the way things were. There was always something in me that looked for excitement or caused me to turn a tranquil situation into some kind of drama. Fortunately, I let my lust for Colt go, otherwise, I’m not sure how things would have turned out. Zoe and Megan were going after Thomas and Colt, and I remember thinking maybe one or the other might switch teams. There wasn’t any way that Thomas would consider me for a boyfriend, at least I thought so at the time.

I kept telling myself to be patient, but as you know, patience wasn’t one of my strengths.

Thomas and Colt

Zoe had invited Colt and Thomas to her house on Wednesday, and Colt spent that day and the next two days talking to Thomas about it.

They laid on the bed in Thomas’ bedroom that Friday afternoon. Colt rolled toward Thomas to kiss him, but Thomas turned away. “What’s wrong?”

“Colt, I’m getting tired of listening to this shit. We’re a gay couple, and you keep talking about hooking up with two girls. What’s the deal?”

Colt shrugged. “It’s just cool. To be honest, I’ve never spent much time with girls. Have you?”

Thomas’ answer came slowly. He squinted his eyes as he thought of his next words. “Not really. I remember talking to a lot of girls in the sixth and seventh grade. They seemed to like me. Zoe and Megan went to a different school, but they remind me of a couple of girls I liked.”

“You liked girls?” Colt asked in surprise.

“As friends. I never thought of myself as being gay or straight. Like a lot of guys in the 7th grade, I spent a lot of time with my dick in my hand. Hell, I even jacked off in class once. My desk was in the back right corner of the room, and one time in class I got hard. The temptation was too great for me to ignore my hard-on. I rubbed it through my jeans until I came. No one must have noticed because no one said anything.

“Did you ever go out with any of the girls?”

Thomas smiled. “No, just talked. You know, friends without benefits.”

“So what happened?”

“Dillon Burke happened. You know the story. He lured Randy and me into his world slowly by using money, rides in his car, and flattery to make us feel like we were special. It was cool. Randy and I played youth league football and he said he’d help us. We were excited. Then one thing led to another. Like I said, the most I’d ever done was jackoff, but little by little Dillon drew us in until we were jacking each other off, then sucking each other, and then fucking. The whole thing took most of our eighth-grade year. Once we got started, there was no stopping us. The sex was great. We had threesomes all the time. Hell, it makes me horny, pissed, and sad all at the same time when I think about those days.”

Colt leaned in and kissed Thomas, who didn’t pull back this time. “I’m sorry, Thomas. I knew about it, but had no idea how it affected you. It always sounded like hot sex to me. I was jealous. Threesomes all the time sounds pretty good to me.”

“They are, but then I was only fourteen and it was the only sex I’d ever had. It’s like I grew up too fast. I always wonder if I’ll stay satisfied with the sex we have, or will I someday want more. Hell, you want more and you haven’t even had the experiences I had. What’s left for me to look forward to?”

Colt pushed Thomas’ hair off his forehead. “You and me.”

“Colt, I’m a realist now. Maybe not when I was thirteen or fourteen, but life has a way of doing that to us. I love you, but I know that it may never last. We’re young and have so much ahead of us. How do I know that someday you won’t cheat on me? And you know what the worst part is?”

“No. What?”

“That I’d understand it if you did. Would you understand and still love me if I cheated on you?”

They turned on their backs and stared at the ceiling.

Colt nudged Thomas in the ribs with his elbow. “How in the hell did we get into this conversation anyway. It’s depressing.”

“Knots, Colt. Big knots like Matt would say. I drag these around with me every day. You still have your innocence. Sure, we’ve have sex, but you’ve never been hurt, really hurt. I’ve built a shell around me to keep me from being hurt again. Maybe that’s why I’d understand if you cheated on me. It’s my way of saving my heart.”

“Are you expecting me to cheat on you?”

“Uh. Uh. I hope not.”

Colt turned towards Thomas. “You didn’t answer my question.”

“I don’t know how to answer it. I hope you won’t. I pray you won’t. But look what happened with Andy. You were all over him. I figured the only reason you didn’t do more was because he and Matt told you to back off. How do you think that made me feel?”

Colt rolled off the bed and stood facing Thomas. “You’re an asshole. I didn’t cheat on you, and it had nothing to do with Matt and Andy.”

Thomas patted the bed beside him. “Come back here. You asked the question. You complained because I didn’t answer, and when I did, you got pissed. Pause a minute. Think about it.”

“I have thought about it a lot. I wouldn’t cheat on you.”

“So why are you so pissed? If it’s not true, then just say so. No need to get angry.”

Colt sat on the edge of the bed. “Can’t we just have sex instead of talking about all this shit?”

Thomas sat up and massaged Colt’s shoulders. “Look, couples usually don’t break up over sex unless someone cheats. They usually break up over things like lack of trust, jealousy, and their inability to talk. Instead of untying the knots between them, they cinch them tighter.”

Colt rolled his head around. “That feels good. Don’t stop.” They were silent for a few seconds before Colt spoke again. “I get what you’re saying, but you’re making things too complicated. We’re boyfriends with benefits, so let’s enjoy them.”

Thomas pushed Colt back and forth with his hands and then pulled him down to him for a kiss. Colt broke the kiss. “Let me lock the door.”

Megan and Zoe

Megan and Zoe were sitting on chaise lounges by the pool on Wednesday, planning their Saturday seduction of Thomas and Colt.

“I think Thomas is on to us,” Zoe said.

“You’re right. He said I was like Eve tempting Adam. Was he referring to Colt or himself?”

“Himself, I think,” Zoe replied as she spread lotion on her legs.

“Hmm. That means he’s tempted, right?”

Zoe put lotion on her face. “I think so.”

“This should be challenging and fun.”

“Megan, you’re a cheat. I invited Colt here, and you invited yourself. I had what I could call a date, and you ruined it.”

Megan motioned to Zoe to pass the lotion. “I could see what was going to happen. Thomas was going to convince Colt not to come.” She grabbed the lotion Zoe handed her.

“You’re wrong. Colt wanted to come. It was Thomas who didn’t want to. Colt would have come if you had just stayed out of it. You could see it all over his face.”

Megan put lotion on her face. “You’re probably right. But like they say, ‘all’s fair in love and war.’”

“Maybe so, but you cheated.”

“Just a little. But we have them coming to your house this Saturday, and we’ll have them all to ourselves. You can go one way, and I’ll go another.”

Zoe rolled her eyes. “What do you have planned?”

“I don’t know yet. I’m still thinking about it. But the one thing I do know is that I’m going to take the next couple of days spending as much time with Thomas as I can. If you want to win this bet, you’d better do the same with Colt.”

Matt

Damn, Megan and Zoe were all over Thomas and Colt at school on Friday. Somehow they managed to pull Thomas and Colt apart because I saw Colt and Zoe walking to class by themselves, and then I saw Megan pat Thomas on the ass. He pushed her hand away.

I remember thinking, I better do something quick if I was going to ask Megan out. I walked up to the two of them. “Look at the cute couple. How long have you been going out?”

Thomas blushed. “We’re not going out. Megan is obsessed with me for some reason. At first I fought it, but what the hell, she’s fun to be with. We have a lot in common.”

I squinted my eyes. “You what?”

Megan grabbed the inside of Thomas’ arm. “You heard him. We have a lot in common.”

“What is it you have in common? Hell, I have more in common with you than Thomas does.”

Thomas became possessive. “Matt, butt out. If Megan and I want to hang together, it’s our business.”

“But you’re gay.”

Megan was quick on her feet. “Look, Matt. First of all, it’s none of your business what Thomas and I do. Second, I don’t care if he’s gay. Third, I like him as a friend. Do you find something wrong with that?”

“Uh. Uh.” And that’s as far as I got.

“Good then. Laters, man,” she said as she pulled Thomas down the hall like a dog on a leash.

I couldn’t believe it. Thomas and Megan. But no sooner had they walked off than I see Colt and Zoe walking toward me on their way to class.

“What’s the deal,” I said to Colt. “Did you and Thomas break up?”

“No. We’re just hanging out with Zoe and Megan. That’s okay isn’t it?”

I shrugged. “Don’t ask me. This world is getting all crazy, and I don’t know who’s sane and who isn’t.”

“You know what, Matt,” Zoe said. “Your problem is you can’t stand change. You’re such a straight arrow. Why don’t you loosen up and do something different now and then.”

That really pissed me off. She had no idea how much I’d loosened up, not only in my emotional life, but also how I physically opened up a couple of orifices in my body to strangers. “Zoe, you don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“If you say so, but take care of your own life, and leave us alone.”

Colt, just like a puppet repeated, “Yeah, leave us alone.”

I couldn’t believe it when Zoe and Colt and Megan and Thomas joined us at lunch.

“Have these girls scared you straight yet?” Andy asked.

“No,” Thomas replied. “Colt and I decided to open ourselves up to new possibilities. We told you about Saturday, and we thought it was a good idea to get to know Zoe and Megan better.”

“You guys are crazy,” Emily said. She pointed at Megan and Zoe. “You two are going after two gay guys. It doesn’t make sense. Why not two straight guys?”

Megan got this shit-eating grin on her face. “Are you blind, Emily? Look at these two. They’re to die for.”

Thomas and Colt blushed.

“No, I’m not blind. They are enough to make any girl want to die for, but they’re gay, and you two are messing with their minds.”

“Knock it off, Emily,” Colt said. “They may be messing with our minds, but that’s all they’re messing with.”

Emily shook her head. “You’re both stupid. They’re after more than your minds.”

Zoe grabbed Colt’s hand and looked at Emily. “Are you their protector or something? They’re not little boys. They can take care of themselves, so butt out.”

“You’re right, Zoe,” Emily shot back. “I’m not their protector, and they are big boys. I just don’t like seeing people get hurt, and while I’m not a fortuneteller, I know someone’s going to get hurt.”

“Em, leave it alone,” Andy said. “Getting hurt is a part of life. Do you tell someone not to play football, or basketball, or whatever, just because they might get hurt? No, you don’t. I broke my leg and couldn’t play football when I was a sophomore and then got my ass almost killed this year. People get hurt. It’s part of life, so don’t worry about it.”

“You know what, Andy, you can be a real pain in the ass sometimes, and what’s worse, is you’ve become a real cynic.”

Andy locked his fingers together on top of the table. “A realist is more like it. Life happens. People get hurt. It’s part of life. You can’t run around trying to protect people from getting hurt all the time.”

No one said anything, but all I could think about was the night Andy was ready to kill himself. How he was ready to do porn. How he almost got involved with Colt. Him sitting in a wheelchair and our meetings with Dr. Walker. He was right. People do get hurt. But they have the power to prevent most of it if they choose. “This is what I think, Em: God gave us free will. We have to take responsibility for the decisions we make. Most of us don’t want to. You can’t decide for someone. Thomas and Colt are free to do whatever they want, just like Megan and Zoe are. They’re not stupid. They know what might happen. The question is, are they willing to accept the consequences? It’s one thing to go freewheeling through life and quite another to face the consequences of our actions.” In my head I was thinking, Thank you, Dr. Walker. “I couldn’t have said it any better myself,” Andy said. “You are indeed a philosopher and a psychologist all in one.”

I bowed toward Andy. “Thank you, kind sir.”

“You guys are so serious,” Ollie said. “Lighten up. This talk is beginning to freak me out. Sonia and I love each other. We don’t need anyone else, and life is beautiful.”

Andy unfolded his hands. “You’re so full of it. Life is life, and someday the sun won’t shine, and it will rain on your parade.”

Ollie laughed. “Maybe so, but like the song from Annie says, ‘the sun will come out tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow,’” he sang out way off key.

“You’ve become a real smartass since you’ve put on new clothes and quit looking all emo on us,” Andy said.

“Hey, life happens like you said. People change. What can I say? What you guys are saying is all true. Sonia and I know it. But we’re going to enjoy today because you’re right; it might rain on our parade, but we know the sun will come out tomorrow and it will be another day.”

Smiles spread around the table. Emily walked over and kissed Ollie on the forehead. “Ollie, we’re so lucky to have you as our friend. Thanks.”

_________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Quotes

You love money and power and capitalism? You know they’re never going to love you back…- Quote from the musical Annie

You’re never fully dressed without a smile. – Quote from the musical Annie

Who cares what they're wearing on Main Street, or Saville Row? It's what you wear from ear to ear and not from head to toe that matters. - Quote from the musical Annie

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

If you like this story, please write a review, click like, and follow me. Contact me at eliassctt@gmail.com I answer all emails.

I’d like to thank Lisa for taking the time to edit Knots 1, 2, 3, & 4. As the author, I take final responsibility for all parts of the story, including any errors.

This story is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents are the product of the author's imagination and are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual persons living or dead, events or locales, is purely coincidental and no slanderous intent is implied.

 
Copyright © 2015 Uplifted Spirit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

You're such a tease, Spirit...will we find out if Matt and Andy are together when the story is over?
If the next chapter is the pool 'date', please don't give us a cliffie--I see one of the boys giving in to temptation--and my bet is Colt; if you must stop at some point, let it be when one gives in, not just before so we have yet more agony of waiting.
Anxious for the next one--this one seemed a bit short.

Link to comment
On 06/15/2015 03:15 PM, ColumbusGuy said:

You're such a tease, Spirit...will we find out if Matt and Andy are together when the story is over?

If the next chapter is the pool 'date', please don't give us a cliffie--I see one of the boys giving in to temptation--and my bet is Colt; if you must stop at some point, let it be when one gives in, not just before so we have yet more agony of waiting.

Anxious for the next one--this one seemed a bit short.

Columbus Guy

 

It was a bit short. I struggled with this chapter and have been very busy, but figure something is better than nothing. I don't plan cliff hangers ahead of time. Sometimes, I've gotten to a certain point and written for so long, that I just need to end the chapter. Because for instance with the sex between Andy and Matt at the pond, I didn't want to write that scene at the time the chapter was coming to a close because I knew it would take some time to write and I wasn't ready to do it then. So you ended up with a cliffhanger. You will find out if Matt and Andy are together at the end. But they have to finish their senior year, and once done, I will bring you up to date

Link to comment

Me thinks someone has Annie on their mind... As for Matt and Andy, I think one of the earlier chapters referenced that they ended up NOT together, but I would have to reread to say for sure.
personally, I like cliffhangers as they leave me waiting for the next chapter. I use them occasionally in my own writing but try to do it tactfully and where I feel the chapter is good as is... Sure, I get some groans about it, but I also get praises for it. They say that you can't please everyone and some people like cliffhangers and some don't. As long as you are pleased with how the story is running, or more specifically, the chapter, others will be also.

Link to comment
On 06/16/2015 08:07 AM, Zarek said:

Me thinks someone has Annie on their mind... As for Matt and Andy, I think one of the earlier chapters referenced that they ended up NOT together, but I would have to reread to say for sure.

personally, I like cliffhangers as they leave me waiting for the next chapter. I use them occasionally in my own writing but try to do it tactfully and where I feel the chapter is good as is... Sure, I get some groans about it, but I also get praises for it. They say that you can't please everyone and some people like cliffhangers and some don't. As long as you are pleased with how the story is running, or more specifically, the chapter, others will be also.

Zarek

 

I don't know what got into me, but after having Ollie sing "the sun will come out tomorrow," I decided to go and check quotes, and since I always use quotes at the end, thought it would be a good way to go. Maybe a little over the top. But I was thinking of what Emily said when I took the quote about "It's what's between your ears that counts." She was criticizing the guys for only worrying about what's between their legs. Thanks for the advice. You are right, we can't please all the people all of the time.

 

I tend to go in spurts in my reading. For a while I was doing a lot of reading at gayauthors, but am now reading books on Kindle, some mainstream and some gay themed because I think as a writer it's a good idea to read a lot of different things. I feel bad that I'm not reading your stories. I will eventually, just like I plan to do with Columbus Guy. I need some time. I'm supposed to be retired, but find myself working by editing other people's essays. It makes writing hard at times. But thanks to people like you I'm encouraged.

Link to comment

I really liked your teaser about what might happen in the future and all the suggestions made - really keeping the options open, aren't you. Lol! I keep holding on to the fact that they are in the future together, writing about their past, but now you've blown my mind about how together they might or might not be. Spoil sport!
Another deeply thought provoking chapter as you explore all these avenues for the teens. How I wish I had been that open myself as a teen. I think I would have been so much more mature and wiser in my life, but perhaps also missed some great experiences that I wouldn't otherwise have had. So I was immature and hidden and made some bad decisions perhaps, but on the other side of the coin I had experiences that I never would have had if I had been wiser. How can one really have regrets then? You take the good with the bad and learn from it, so hopefully you are wiser in the latter years - though I do sometimes wonder if even that is true. Lol!
I do so enjoy your story and have been away from it for a long time. It is good to get back to it, like meeting up with a treasured old friend again. Thanks for writing and sharing it.

Link to comment
On 07/14/2015 07:26 PM, Jaro_423 said:

I really liked your teaser about what might happen in the future and all the suggestions made - really keeping the options open, aren't you. Lol! I keep holding on to the fact that they are in the future together, writing about their past, but now you've blown my mind about how together they might or might not be. Spoil sport!

Another deeply thought provoking chapter as you explore all these avenues for the teens. How I wish I had been that open myself as a teen. I think I would have been so much more mature and wiser in my life, but perhaps also missed some great experiences that I wouldn't otherwise have had. So I was immature and hidden and made some bad decisions perhaps, but on the other side of the coin I had experiences that I never would have had if I had been wiser. How can one really have regrets then? You take the good with the bad and learn from it, so hopefully you are wiser in the latter years - though I do sometimes wonder if even that is true. Lol!

I do so enjoy your story and have been away from it for a long time. It is good to get back to it, like meeting up with a treasured old friend again. Thanks for writing and sharing it.

Jaro

 

Good to see you back. I figured you like letting the chapters build up so you can read them all at once intead of every week. But whatever, it's your choice and I appreciate your comments.

 

My next book is going to be about regrets based kind of on my own life. The question I'm asking myself is: What would my life have been like if I'd have lived it differently. Of course, it will be fiction because I'd have to say that if I did this or that, what would the result have been. There really is no way of knowing, but there is cause and effect in life.

 

I think that even those who have lived the worst lives still say they wouldn't change it because like you said, we learn from everything we do. Well, some of us do. There are many who fit the example of sanity that I quoted in the last chapter of Knots 4 (Chapter 38) You probably already know it so I won't repeat it here.

Link to comment

What does Silverthorne think about the comments left and what is the story line doing to him as well.  Early in this story I think Knots 1 it is either Matt writing his memoir but popping up with the future and it appears that Andy was hesitant to write anything at all until they really got going and agreed to keep their chapters separate but about the same length.  Of course we can’t really know how close they were to remain life is life and living takes guts.  I have been reading this straight through sometimes all night but lately just a couple of chapters a day as I reflect on the Autobiographical Novel that I am planning for my own story.  I have mentioned a time or two situations that have been presented which fall in line with what may have happened in my own life so that is life and here we are talking about consequences.  As Matt talks I got a telephone call a month ago from my best friend in High School more than 50 years ago headed for fishing in Canada we may meet up and reminisce of our lives after we parted as best and only friends.  I am at this point a little disturbed with Matt so what happens will of course happen

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..