Jump to content
    vanalas
  • Author
  • 24,345 Words
  • 691 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Comments, critiques and tips are warmly welcome.

Destined Hearts - 3. Chapter 3: The truth comes out. How will Praveen take it?

Praveen slowly opened his eyes, realizing that it was already morning. He slowly moved his eyes to the other side of the bed and noticed that his husband wasn't there with him. He took a deep breath, getting up from the bed. He stretched his arms, yawned, and just smiled. It was his first day as a married man and he had no idea what to do but he was sure that he was gonna make everything perfect. He had no idea where his husband was and he honestly didn't wanna look for him.

"Oh my God!" He gasped, quickly getting up from the bed. "Shit! I overslept!"

Praveen couldn't believe he had just woken up at such a time. It was almost 9:30 am and he had never woken up as late as he did. He was panicking especially with the thought that he was in his in-laws' house. It was really scary.

"What do I do?" He gripped his hair, pulling on it hard. "I wonder what they are even thinking of me. How could I have overslept?"

He tried to just breathe and...

"Calm down!" He said to himself. "I am sure that they won't think anything of you."

At that moment he realized that he needed to get out of the room. His heart was pounding deep in his chest and he was breathing harshly. Somehow, he was wondering why Antonio hadn't woken him when he had woken up. But he just decided to drop it.

He quickly made the bed and started heading to the bathroom before he noticed his bag near the bed. That only meant that his clothes had arrived and he didn't even get to see the person that had brought the bag to the room. This was embarrassing.

He quickly rushed to the bathroom to take a quick bath and then head downstairs. He reached the shower and it sure was modern technology because there were several buttons but good for him he had seen a shower just like that during one of their high school trips. They had been staying at a five-star hotel and he was happy he had gone to that trip otherwise it would have been embarrassing going downstairs to ask someone for help.

"I gotta do this quickly."

He took off his clothes, entered the beautiful shower, and turned it on. The water was warm. It made him feel relaxed and cool. The warm water sliding on his back felt magical and it massaged him. He closed his eyes and just enjoyed the wonderful morning shower.

For a second he forgot he had been in a hurry. Some seconds passed before he came back to himself and started washing as quickly and quietly as he could be at that time. He had to hurry and go downstairs before they started thinking he was still sleeping.

***

Antonio slowly came downstairs, heading towards the dining table. He was feeling a little tired although he had just woken up. Guess the day before had made him exhausted. He didn't even shower but he was gonna do that later. He had just woken and found the annoying boy beside him. He was pissed that he had furiously left the room.

He was putting on beautiful yellow shorts with a black T-shirt and blue sandals. He was really hungry and he had no idea why he was that hungry. He could hear voices coming from the dining and knew that his family was having breakfast.

He went to the dining and found the rest of his family having their wonderful breakfast. It was just French toast, coffee, curried rice, sausage, and fruits. Seeing how much food was on the table brought him so much happiness but not entirely.

"Hey, there is our little groom." Granny chuckled when she saw him. "How are you?"

Antonio gave his granny a half-smile, quickly rushing to her. He placed a kiss on her cheek and sat down next to her. She started putting food on a plate for him because she knew that he was really hungry. She needed to make sure her grandson was well fed.

"I am okay, granny." He sighed, looking at his plate. "Thanks."

"Oh!" She moaned, ruffling through his hair. She couldn't believe how much her grandson had grown. He was now a married man. "You don't know how happy I am today seeing you like this. This is the first day as a married man. You are no longer a bachelor, my son."

"Yes!" Emilia smiled brightly at him. "You have grown so much, baby. I am proud of you."

He smiled softly and started having breakfast. Meanwhile, Andrea was just rolling her eyes in disgust. It wasn't like her brother had a choice. But she was gonna make them realize what sort of mistake they had made by bringing the stupid boy in the house.

"I can see you are really hungry." Eduardo teased, smiling at him. "How was your first night as a married man, bro?"

Hearing his brother's question, Antonio stopped eating and looked at his brother without saying anything to him. He looked at everyone on the table and could see that they were smiling except for Andrea who was just rolling her eyes.

"Err..." He stammered.

"Come on," Granny, looked at Eduardo. "Let him have his breakfast, okay? Stop teasing him."

"Okay." Eduardo raised his hands as if he was surrendering. "I will do that but that doesn't mean I won't ask later."

They all started eating in silence until granny realized something,

"Speaking of Praveen, where is he?" She asked, looking everywhere. "Shouldn't you have come down with him?"

Antonio got a little angry but he had to control himself in front of his granny and mother. It wasn't like he was Praveen's bodyguard. He didn't give a fuck about him. He didn't care if Praveen died in his sleep which by the way would be great.

"He's still asleep?" He said simply, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Hmm, guess he must be tired," Emilia said with a smile. "A lot happened yesterday and..."

"And sleeping in a comfortable bed as my brother's, why should he wake up early?" Andrea said in a rude tone. "It's the first time he's sleeping in such a bed and..."

"Andrea!" Granny scolded, raising her voice.

"What?" She shrugged, raising her eyebrows. "Isn't it the truth? I am sure everyone is thinking it but I am the only with the guts to say it. Besides, have I said anything wrong?"

"Please, shut up?" Emilia said angrily, giving her a cold look. "Praveen is your brother in law now and please, keep that foul attitude of yours to yourself before you ruin everyone's breakfast."

"But I was..."

"I don't want to repeat myself." She angrily looked at her daughter. "Praveen is just tired and besides, he's new here."

"Emilia is right." Granny agreed, moving her eyes to Emilia. "Why don't you go and check up on him?"

Emilia smiled brightly. "Yes!" she nodded. "I will go do that and I think I will also take him his breakfast."

Hearing her mother's words, Andrea just looked at her as if she was a stranger. "Can you hear yourself, mom?" She chuckled bitterly. "He's your son in law and not your boss. He's just been here for a few hours and you are doing this. If you ask me then I think it should be the other way around and..."

"Andrea!" Emilia yelled, furiously rising from the chair. "Seriously, you are ruining my good mood right now and I don't like it. Whatever I choose to do for my son in law is none of your business. By the way," She folded her arms on her chest. "What's wrong with you today? It seems like you've woken up in a bad mood."

"I am fine," She inhaled deeply.

"Then I suggest you change that attitude of yours this minute." She warned. "I don't want any of your drama when Praveen comes down here."

She shook her head and left the dining room leaving Andrea who simply lost her appetite because of the way her mother had just spoken to her. She hated it and she was gonna get back on Praveen very soon and it was a promise.

Antonio was quiet. He had nothing to say even though deep down he was really mad because of what his mother was doing. She was supposed to be bringing food to him and not the stupid boy. Anyway, he needed to get ready because he was gonna be out of the house very soon.

***

Praveen came out of the bathroom combing his long hair. He was wearing a beautiful smile which he had no idea came from. He was putting on a yellow t-shirt, black skinny jeans and brown sandals. He was looking handsome even in ordinary clothes.

He took a band, tied his hair into a ponytail, and wore his spectacles. He was now ready to go outside even though it was making him nervous.

He took a deep breath, ready to go downstairs before he heard a knock on the door. He had no idea who had come to the room. Maybe it was his husband. But why would he knock if it was his room, he thought as he got even more nervous?

"Come in!" He said in a small voice.

As soon as he said that, the door opened and the beautiful smiling Emilia came inside with a tray of wonderfully made food. Praveen froze and just stood still, looking at her as she came in. When he saw the tray of food she was carrying, he got even more scared. He had no idea what to do or what to say to her.

"Good morning, Praveen?" She greeted, putting the tray on the table. "How did you sleep?"

"I...I..." He stammered, staring at her as if she had just developed another head. "I am fine, ma'am."

"Ma'am?" Emilia raised her eyebrow, moving closer to him. "Why did you call me that? You are married to my son now and I am your mother now, okay?"

Praveen nodded and tried to make himself calm. "Yes, ma'am..." He paused and cleared his voice. "I mean, mother."

"Good!" Emilia smiled, rubbing on his cheeks. "That's nice, Praveen. Anyway," She took a deep breath. "I brought you breakfast and..."

"What?" He gasped, looking at the tray. "Why would you do that, mother?"

"Why?" She gave him a suspicious look.

"You shouldn't have done that, mother." He said softly, looking down. "I was about to come downstairs."

"Really?" She chuckled, dropping her hand on his shoulder. "And what's wrong with a mother bringing food for her son?"

"I..."

"I don't wanna hear anything from you." She said softly. "Just have your breakfast because I know you are very hungry, especially after a day like the one you had yesterday."

Praveen smiled at her and nodded. She led him to the table, made coffee for him, and served his food. Praveen started having his breakfast and it was the most delicious breakfast he had ever had. There was so much food on the tray that he couldn't believe it was all his.

Emilia was staring at him while he ate and that smile on her face spoke everything for her. Praveen couldn't see it because he was busy having his breakfast but Emilia was extremely happy. Not only did she finally fulfill her husband's final wish but she had brought in the boy she knew was gonna make her entire family happy. He was different from the others.

"Praveen, I am really happy that you are finally in my son's life." She said with her ever glowing smile. "You have no idea how long I have been praying for this day."

Praveen raised his head and just nodded. He couldn't find any word to say to her. He was speechless especially after what she had done for him.

"You are now married to my son and that's important." She chuckled, rubbing on his cheek. "I am sure your mother is also smiling on you right now."

Praveen chuckled, clearing his voice. "Yes! Mother also wanted this to happen." He was really happy. "I am sure she would have been happy if she had been alive."

"I am sure she is happy even now." She babbled. "But she shouldn't worry about anything because I will take very good care of you. I am now your mother, okay?"

"Thank you." He said softly. "That means a lot to me. Antonio is lucky to have a mother like you."

"Hmm, but I am sure he is luckier to have you in his life." She said to him. She took his hands, rubbing on them sweetly. "Now that you are married, you must know that this will bring a lot of responsibilities." She breathed. "You have to take part in marital rituals, fasts, and any activity that is needed of you to take part in."

"I know that, mother." He said with a smile on his face. "My aunt told me about all that."

"That's very nice of her." She laughed. "She told me that she will be leaving in a few days."

Praveen dropped his eyes to the floor and sighed. "Yes! I am gonna miss her so much, especially Mike. We have been friends ever since we were young..." He smiled, remembering all his wonderful childhood moments. "...and he is like a brother to me."

"I know that a lot." She said with a sigh. "Victoria told me about you two. But don't worry," She rubbed on his cheeks. "I promise that you will be happy here, okay?"

"Thanks a lot, mother." He said with a sincere smile. "I appreciate that a lot."

"You are welcome." She said in a happy tone. "You are now a part of this family."

Praveen blushed and dropped his eyes to the floor. He didn't know what to say to Emilia anymore. She was the best mother in law ever.

"By the way," She cleared her voice, looking at him. "How do you find my son?"

"What?" Praveen quickly raised his face, staring into her eyes. "What do you mean by that, mother?"

"You spent the entire night with him last night." She smiled, raising her eyebrow. "What do you think of him?"

Praveen blushed, feeling as if a bucket of shame had just been poured down on him. "Well, he's nice and though I haven't spent much time with him, I am sure that we will get to know each other more."

"And I must tell you that he is very lucky to have you in his life."

Praveen couldn't say anything. He knew he was probably gonna have a really good life in the house of his husband. All he had to do was just do his duties. He was now a husband, a son in law, a grandson in law, a brother in law and so much more. He had to take care of everyone in the house.

"By the way," She said softly, staring into his beautiful blue eyes. "Tomorrow you will be cooking for the first time as a son in law of this house so I just wanted you to prepare yourself. It's one of the traditions of our family."

"Yes! It's no problem." He smiled, slowly shaking his head. "But I don't know anything about this..."

"You shouldn't worry about anything." She reassured. "I am gonna give you a tour of the entire house. I will also introduce you to our workers here."

"Thank you so much."

Praveen and Emilia stayed in the room for almost an hour just talking, well Emilia did most of the talking. Praveen just answered her when she asked questions and talked to her from time to time. She was making him feel welcome and he appreciated her a lot for that.

After an hour, Praveen and Emilia went out of the room. She started giving him a tour of the house, showing him every room in the house. It was a really big mansion and that was the time when Praveen saw how big it was. Everything in the house, every furniture and material seemed expensive.

She showed him her room and told him to feel free to visit her whenever he wanted. She took him outside, showed him everything and boy was it big. It was bigger than he had thought and the garage had many cars, even the type he had never seen before. He could remember her words exactly,

"These cars you see are all yours." She said with a giggle. "You can use them anytime."

She was nice to him and they spent over an hour just moving around while they talked. She introduced him to their workers as their new boss and they were all happy to see him or at least judging from their smiles he knew they were.

She showed him the kitchen and it was really big, just like at a hotel. It was super big and the fridge had everything that he could ever need. Now he knew that the family was extremely rich. Everything in the house was of modern technology.

After everything was done, they went to the living room where they found everyone else in the living room chatting while enjoying a creamy cup of coffee. When they went there, they sat on the couch and Praveen was a little nervous.

"Done with the tour?" Granny asked with a smile.

"Yes!" Emilia nodded, stretching her arms. "It was really fun, mother. You should have joined us."

"What?" Granny giggled, shaking her head. "Do I look young to you? I don't think my legs can allow me to walk for long."

"But you are not old, mother." She said. "You are still young."

"Yeah, right!" She laughed, shaking her head. "How can I not be old when my grandchildren are already grown up? My Antonio has already brought home a really beautiful boy and my Eduardo has a beautiful wife. I think I deserve to just relax and enjoy myself."

They all laughed except for Praveen and Antonio.

"I think you are right, granny." Eduardo wrapped his arms around her, placing a kiss on her sweet cheeks. "You do need to rest but mom is also right." He laughed. "You are still very young and you deserve to enjoy your life."

"Oh, you crazy boy." She softly hit her grandson's arm. "I am old, okay. Very soon you will need to start bringing in grandchildren."

"Don't worry, granny." Celine smiled brightly. "Eduardo and I will give you as many grandchildren as you want and that's a promise."

"Well, since you promise then I guess I have to wait."

They all laughed even Antonio laughed this time because his grandmother was just too much. But he loved her like that.

Meanwhile, Andrea didn't find this funny at all. She was pissed, ready to show her anger. She kept on staring at Praveen and the boy made her angry. Fuck! She wished she had given him a hot slap as a welcome instead.

She groaned in anger, rolling her eyes. She had a great plan on ruining the whole moment and she knew it was gonna be fun. An evil grin appeared on her face as she cleared her throat.

"So, mom..." She called softly with a mocking smile. "...when is my brother taking over the companies? I mean, I think it's about time."

"What?" Emilia quickly looked at her daughter, wondering what she was up to. "What do you mean by that?"

"I am talking about my father's wealth and..." She paused and chuckled bitterly. "...he is the heir to father's entire wealth, right?"

"Yes!" Emilia was pissed because she knew what her daughter was up to. But she didn't wanna lose her temper because of Praveen. "He can do that anytime he feels he is ready." That was the only thing she could tell her daughter. "Besides, I don't think you should be asking me that. Antonio is the one that should be asking me that?"

"Well, I was just concerned and..."

"You shouldn't be?" Emilia said harshly, giving her a cold look. "Antonio can take over the companies whenever he wants."

Andrea felt angry after talking to her mother. But instead of getting angry at her mother, she got angry at Praveen. She gave him a really cold look before looking away, clenching her fists. She couldn't take it anymore.

"This is this stupid boy's fault." She thought, clenching her teeth. "Mom is talking to me in this manner because of this idiot. I swear I will deal with you."

"By the way," Granny said, staring at her grandson in law. "Has Emilia told you that you will be cooking tomorrow?"

"Yes!" He nodded, smiling at her. "I am ready to cook, granny."

"That's good and I am looking forward to it."

"I will do my best." He grinned, shaking his head.

"I am sure it will be delicious, mother," Emilia commented. "I bet my son will love it even more." She gave Antonio a grin.

Antonio was ever serious. He took a magazine and started reading it just to avoid talking to anyone at that time. He just chose to remain quiet and think about something else, something important like his music career and the wealth he was gonna be managing.
As they were seated in the living room, they got a surprise visit from Ethan who came in with a brilliant smile. He was putting on a beautiful yellow shirt, blood-red skinny jeans, and brown snickers. But he didn't come alone. He came in with about three men that were holding three large boxes. When he came inside, everyone moved their eyes to him wondering what he had brought to their house.

"Hey, buddy..." Antonio put the magazine down, getting up from the couch. "What's going on?"

"And how's the groom today?" He teased, winking at him.

"I am okay but what is all this?"

Ethan took a glance behind as a bright smile appeared on his face. "A really big surprise for you?"

"A surprise?" Antonio gasped, raising his eyebrow. "What's the surprise?"

"If I told you then it wouldn't be a surprise, would it?" Ethan rubbed on his shoulder. "Just be patient and I will show it to you."

He gave a teasing smile and went to greet everyone else, leaving the anxious Antonio staring at the boxes. After greeting everyone, he came back and ordered the men to open the boxes. He took out of the things that were in the boxes and it was really big. Antonio couldn't see it because it was wrapped all over but he was gonna find out soon.

"Okay, this is the surprise and I am sure you are gonna love me for it."

Ethan started unwrapping it, making Antonio even more anxious. He had his eyes on the item until... suddenly he just froze where he stood. His heart started beating as if he was running in a race... his body got hotter and his anger came back again. He clenched his fists, breathing harshly while staring at the item which he wanted to rip.

It was a big picture of Antonio and Praveen during the ritual. The picture was put in a big golden picture frame and it just pissed Antonio to the core. He wanted to take it and break it in half. Praveen on the other hand was really happy when he saw that picture. It brought a beautiful smile to his face. He thought it was beautiful even though both of them weren't smiling.

"Oh my God," Emilia gasped, getting up from the couch. "This is beautiful, Ethan. How did you get that picture?"

"Well, I just approached the photographers and made them make big ones." He said in a voice soft with affection. "What do you think?"

"It's really beautiful." Emilia got closer, staring at the picture. "This will be a beautiful reminder of the day they got married."

"I agree with you." Ethan chuckled softly. "I think it will look beautiful in their room."

"What?" Antonio thought, getting even angrier.

"That's a good idea, Ethan," Granny said sarcastically. "What better way to start a new day than looking at the picture of your wedding day?"

"You are right, mother." Emilia nodded. "I will make sure that I hang it in their room." She took a glance at Praveen. "What do you think?"

"Me?" Praveen stammered, pointing at himself. "Well, I think it's fine. I don't know about Antonio but... I am fine with it."

Antonio just wouldn't move a muscle. He was dumbstruck and so damn mad.

"Why should he have a problem with it?" Ethan moved closer and wrapped his arm around his neck. "It was his special day. He is happy. By the way, I have a few more pictures in the box."

"I will handle it."

Emilia ordered the men to take the items upstairs to Praveen and Antonio's room. She was gonna arrange the room herself because she knew in whatever way she was gonna do it, they were gonna love it so much.

Antonio groaned and furiously went out of the living room. When Ethan sensed that he was mad, he went right after him.

***

Antonio stormed inside the gym and he went straight for the punching bag. He didn't care if he was in his gym clothes or not. He just needed to punch something to get his entire anger out because he felt as if he was gonna explode.

There was a gym in Antonio's beautiful compound. The Gonzalez might have been rich but they also liked to keep fit.

He clenched his fists and started punching the bag as hard as he could without even protecting his hands. He was breathing like a beast, punching with his entire might. He was imagining that he was punching Praveen and it seemed to be working because his anger instantly started coming out.

In a few minutes, he was sweating terribly and panting for air. But he didn't want to stop. He continued punching and punching without even realizing that Ethan had come inside and was staring at him like a stranger. Ethan couldn't understand what was going but he was going to ask.

"What's with you?" Ethan yelled.

"Leave me alone!" Antonio said harshly, still punching the bag.

"No!" Ethan went closer to him and blocked him.

Antonio groaned and furiously moved away from the bag.

"What do you want?" He asked angrily.

"I am your friend, Antonio," Ethan said softly. "I know you very well and I can tell that something is bothering you. What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?" Antonio barked, giving his friend cold eyes. "What's wrong?" He furiously kicked a towel on the floor. "Are you seriously asking me that? You know what's fucking wrong with me. Everything was going well until you brought those fucking pictures."

"What?" Ethan couldn't understand why Antonio was mad. "But those are your wedding pictures. I don't see any reason why you would get mad because I brought your wedding pictures. I thought you would be happy and as a friend I..."

"Damn right!" He furiously sat on a small chair. "You are my friend and I can't believe you did that. You know exactly how I felt about this wedding and..."

"I thought we were past that." Ethan shook his head. "You are a married now, Antonio. It's not just about you anymore. It's also about Praveen and..."

"Why the fuck should I care about him?" He yelled.

To say Ethan was surprised would be an understatement. He stared at his friend, wide-eyed. He didn't know what to say to him anymore.

"I didn't want to marry that fucking boy in the first place so why should I care about him?" He groaned, clenching his fists.

"He's married to you," Ethan said softly, still in shock. "He's your responsibility now and..."

"Really?" Antonio laughed bitterly, surprising Ethan even more. "I don't care if he's married to me. I never wanted to marry him in the first place. I was forced into this and you know that."

"Antonio!" Ethan sighed, rubbing his hands. "A marriage isn't a game that you can play. There is nothing wrong with Praveen. All I see is an innocent boy that is married to you. You are no longer alone. He's your better half and you better treat him like one because..."

"And you are giving me this lecture because of what?" He snarled, raising his eyebrows. "You are not married so why are you giving me a lecture about..."

"Because I understand everything," Ethan said, slightly raising his voice. "You are supposed to be happy but you are acting like an ass right now, Antonio and..."

"I am acting like an ass?" Antonio chuckled bitterly, slowly getting up from the chair. Then his face got really serious and he clenched his fists. "Maybe you have a thing for this boy and..."

"Are you crazy?" Ethan got a little angry. "Why would you..."

"Then shut the fuck up!" He censured, pointing angrily at him. "This is my life and I don't need your stupid advice so keep it to yourself."

"What?" Ethan had never heard that from Antonio before. "It is your life but I am your friend and..."

"I don't fucking care." He raged, thumping his food on the floor. "I didn't invite you here to come and give me stupid advice, okay."

Hearing what his best friend had just said, Ethan laughed in pain. It hurt a lot. His heartfelt pierced and he felt like... he just couldn't explain. He nodded and started leaving but before he went far, he made a quick turn and looked at his angry face.

"I thought I was talking to a friend..." He sniveled, shaking his head. "...but guess I am not important to you anymore, Antonio. I made a really big mistake by coming here, doing everything for you, and most especially talking to you. I promise it will never happen again, Antonio. You will never see me here again."

With those words, Ethan turned angrily and started leaving the gym. Meanwhile, Antonio just stared at his friend as tears built up in his eyes. He couldn't believe he had just spoken to him like that. Even though Ethan had spoken calmly, Antonio knew that he was hurt.

The words he had just said to him kept ringing in his head. They had been great friends since they were young and he was willing to throw it like that? He couldn't allow that.

Antonio took a deep breath and started running towards his friend. Reaching him, he wrapped his arms tightly around his waist, bringing him closer to his body. Ethan stopped and just stood still.

"I am sorry..." Antonio apologized, burying his face in Ethan's back. "...please, forgive me. I didn't mean all those words I said to you. I was just so angry that I... I..."

"Antonio, let me go," Ethan said in a sad tone. "I need to leave right now."

"Please!" He held him tighter. "I acted like an idiot and I agree with you but... but... You can't leave me alone, Ethan. I love you so much and..."

"Antonio!"

"I am sorry," Antonio pleaded. "I can't imagine living a life without you. You've been like a brother to me even more than that. Forget what I had said to you and forgive me. I promise I will never talk to you like that ever again."

"Antonio, you've hurt me," Ethan said angrily, clenching his fists. "Just because I love you doesn't mean I am an idiot. I also have feelings and..."

"I am sorry. I didn't mean to say all that to you. It was just out of anger."

"Anger for what? You are experiencing what most of the people are just admiring." He raised his voice. "Trust me when I tell you that that boy might just be the one for you. Give your marriage a chance and..."

"Are you gonna be mad at me your entire life or will you forgive me now?" He let go of his friend and went in front of him. Then he put his hands together and stared at his angry friend. "We've grown up together and you know exactly what is happening in my life. I am truly sorry for this, Ethan. I promise never to talk to you like that."

Ethan just stared at his friend and he could see the sadness in his eyes. He loved him so much that he couldn't watch him being sad because it hurt him so much inside.

He took a deep breath. "Okay." He said, holding Antonio's hands sweetly. "I will forget everything that happened today because I love you so much, Antonio. Just promise me that you will control your anger. This boy is innocent and pouring out your anger on him might hurt him."

"Ethan, you know that..." He paused and sighed. "...I can't deny you anything. I will do my best never to."

Hearing that, Ethan smiled and hugged his friend tightly. "Thank you so much. You are a great friend and I was afraid of losing you too."

Antonio hugged his friend back but he was far from being okay. He was still mad inside. Everything was going wrong and it was because of Praveen. He was like a curse in his life. He was still gonna make him pay for everything. He was gonna regret ever agreeing to come to their mansion and it was a promise.

***

Praveen was standing outside the mansion, lost deep in his thoughts. He was leaning to a pillar, thinking about his best friend Mike and how he was gonna miss him. The two of them had grown so attached and now they were gonna go apart. It was emotional.

Praveen had just come out of the mansion after hours and hours of talking with the family, except for Antonio and Andrea. They weren't there but he had a great time although he had been nervous and shy most of the time. He hadn't spent much time with his husband and he had no idea how he truly was. But the night was coming and he was hoping they were gonna talk to each other and just bond.

As he was still in his thoughts, he felt a cold hand on his shoulder that almost made him jump. He gasped, touching his chest while moving his eyes past his shoulder. It was Celine and she was smiling brightly at him.

"It seems strange, doesn't it?" Celine said with a smile.

"I don't understand," Praveen said softly.

"I am talking about being away from your family." She chuckled nervously. "I used to feel the same way too when I came to this house. I used to miss my family but don't worry..." She patted on his back. "...you'll get used to it very soon."

"Thank you so much but I don't have a family." He said with a soft smile. "My mother and father had died and..."

"I know that but the family you used to live with is like your family, right?"

Praveen nodded, smiling at her. "They are leaving very soon and I will miss them so much."

"You shouldn't worry about that." She said, massaging his shoulder. "As long as you are with your husband, you will be happy. I have been married in this family for quite some time and although I haven't known him for long, he is a very good man."

Praveen blushed, dropping his eyes to the floor. "Really?"

"Yes!" Celine nodded. "And mother in law is the best. Besides, I am also a daughter in law of this house. You and I are just the same so whenever you need anything please, don't hesitate to call on me."

Hmm, she was better than he had thought. "Thank you so much, Celine."

"You shouldn't thank me." She gave him a genuine smile. "What are friends for if not helping each other?" She rubbed on his back and continued smiling. "I will be inside if you need me."

Praveen nodded and watched as she left inside. He continued smiling, feeling happy that he had found a friend. She was a good person. Everyone in the house kept telling him how good Antonio was and how lively he was. Guess he had nothing to worry about. He was just hoping his heart was gonna start falling for his husband very soon.

He remained outside, just looking all around the compound until it got dark. He went inside and had dinner with the rest of the family before he started chatting with granny and Emilia. They were just telling him about how they got rich and about his late father in law. He was really happy because they had received him warmly.

***

Praveen entered his room and was welcomed by a big beautiful picture of their wedding. He hadn't seen how beautiful it was until he entered the room. The room felt different at that time and he couldn't help but smile.

He closed the door and slowly entered the room, moving closer to the picture. It was placed just above the bed and Antonio's friend and Emilia had been right. The picture looked amazing and Praveen was really happy. He was just thinking whether Antonio had seen how beautiful it was.

"Hmm, this is amazing." He said, rubbing on the picture. "I love it."

He got lost deep in the picture and that smile on his face couldn't leave him at all. He got into his dream world, reliving the wonderful moments he had been sitting with Antonio during the ritual. Fuck! He could remember the way he smelled, the way he touched his hand when slipping the ring on him and the way he held his hand. It was just really beautiful and he wished at that moment that Antonio would hold him the same way he did. That was surely gonna help in making him fall deeper and deeper in love with him and...

Praveen's thoughts were interrupted when he heard a knock on the door. He came back to his senses, realizing that he had been staring at the picture for over ten minutes. He shook his head, fixed himself up, and rushed to the door.

He took a deep breath before he finally opened the door to find granny smiling at him.

"Granny?" He gasped, feeling a little shy.

"Son, I just came to say goodnight to you and Antonio." She said, resting her hand on his shoulder. "I need to rest my old bones for your food tomorrow."

Praveen smiled and nodded. "Yeah, but Antonio is not inside."

"What?" She chuckled nervously. "He is not here at this time? Where could he be?"

"I don't know." He said with a sigh. "I thought I'd find him in the room but..."

"It's fine." She patted on his shoulder. "You should just say goodnight to him but..." She paused and chuckled. "...I think you should go and look for him."

"What?" He gasped as his eyes widened. "But granny, I..."

"He's your husband and he should be spending his time with you. You two just got married and his place should be by your side." She smiled, rubbing on his neck. "You should go and look for him right away."

Praveen looked at granny in surprise. He didn't know what to say to her. Looking for Antonio? That was gonna be like... he didn't even know the word for it.

"What are you thinking about, my son?" She asked when she saw how quiet he was. "You shouldn't think about it. Just go and do it. But it's your decision. He is probably with his sister."

She kissed him on the cheek, rubbing it sweetly. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

Granny left and Praveen went back inside the room. He sat on the bed, remembering and thinking about what she had said. He was thinking she was right but what right did he have to bring his husband to the room? He had his own life and it wasn't good to disturb him.

On the other hand, granny was right.

"Antonio and I haven't been able to spend some time together or talk to each other." He thought, rubbing on his temple. "Maybe I should go and get him but what will I say to him? I don't know what to do? What if he won't like it?"

Praveen didn't know what to do at all. He had no idea what to do or whom to ask for advice. But what was he gonna do? He took a deep breath and thought long and hard. He got up from the bed and confidently got out of the room.

He started walking slowly away from the room, getting even more nervous. He could still remember Andrea's room because Emilia had shown it to him the time she had given him a tour. He was walking slowly but it felt like he had only walked for seconds. He soon reached the door and he stood there just looking at it, debating whether to knock or go back to the room and wait for his husband. His heart was pounding in his chest and his hands were sweaty.

"This is it."

Praveen took a big step and went to knock the door. But before he did that, something happened, something that made him freeze and scared him so much. He could hear Andrea's voice and she was talking to someone but he didn't know if it was his husband or someone else.

Praveen's heart stopped beating for a second, he felt as if the air had just vanished from his life and he just remained like a statue. He didn't mean to eavesdrop but he found himself doing it.

"I still fail to understand why she decided to bring that boy into this house," Andrea said angrily. Her voice was low but he could hear her. "That boy isn't even fit to be the son in law of this house and not to talk about my brother's husband and yet everyone's treating him like an angel of this house. Fuck! I hate him so much."

Praveen didn't need to be a genius to know that Andrea was talking about him. He felt broken and hurt. Tears built in his eyes but he wasn't gonna cry at all. He didn't need to listen anymore so he turned to leave but...

"I hate that boy."

A really familiar voice stopped him in his tracks. At first, he felt as if his ears had betrayed him but...

"...he is the reason why this is happening."

That was all he needed. It was Antonio's voice and there was no denying that.

Praveen felt hurt and he moved away from the door. He didn't need to hear anything more. A tear went down his cheek which he quickly rubbed. He started moving away from the door, weakly walking away. He felt as if his strength had just left him. So many things were passing through his brain and he just couldn't understand any of it.
"No!" he thought, shaking his head. "This is wrong. It isn't Antonio I heard in Andrea's room. It's impossible because..." He paused and rested his hand on a wall, slowly moving to his room. "...because he's my husband. He can't possibly be the one I heard talking. No!"

Praveen was trying, by all means, to deny that it was Antonio he had heard talking but he kept on hearing that same voice. No matter what he tried to do he couldn't forget about what he had heard back in Andrea's room.

But why would Andrea say that about him, he thought as he tried to forget but he couldn't? He hadn't done anything to her and he hadn't known her before that so he just couldn't understand anything. He was trying hard to forget he had even heard that but he couldn't do it. It was making him worried and he was hurt.

He was lost in his thoughts that he didn't even realize that he had even reached his room. He stood still at the door, held the doorknob, and got lost in his thoughts again. But no matter how much he thought about it, he just got more confused and he couldn't understand.

He slowly opened the door to his room and went straight to the bed. He slowly sat and tried to calm himself down but he knew he was never gonna be at peace.

"I have to talk to Antonio about this." He said softly with his eyes on the floor, rubbing on his hands. "I am sure I am mistaken about this. I cannot come to any conclusion without talking to my husband. I have completely misunderstood this. I shouldn't be worried."

Praveen remembered the wedding and it somehow helped in calming him down. But he wasn't gonna smile. He decided to wait for Antonio and then clear up the misunderstanding. He knew that his husband was gonna tell him the entire truth.

He sat on the bed waiting for over two hours without even feeling the need to sleep. He was really tired but he wasn't gonna go to sleep until he talked to his husband. He took a deep breath and then took a glance at the watch. It was almost midnight and he was getting anxious.

He quickly got up and took a deep breath. "I can't wait any longer. I have to go and look for him."

With those words, Praveen started moving towards the door but before he even took two steps, the door opened, revealing Antonio who was holding the doorknob. Praveen stopped in his tracks, staring at his husband. He looked so handsome, so innocent and kind. He couldn't have been the one he had heard talking.

"Fuck!" Antonio cursed, gripping the knob as hard as he could.

He had thought he was gonna find the annoying boy asleep already but seeing him, he got irritated and really angry. Fuck! What the fuck was he up for, he thought as he slowly entered the room and closed the door behind.

Without saying a word to Praveen, he started entering the room with his eyes on the bathroom. He planned to just change into his pajamas and go to sleep without talking to Praveen. But when he was about to pass him, Praveen blocked his path and stared at him.

"I have been waiting for you," Praveen said softly, still staring at him.

Antonio moved his eyes and sighed, still really annoyed. "Why? I am very tired and I need to sleep."

"Please!" Praveen pleaded, still not moving from the way. "It's very important that I talk to you so that..."

"Can't this wait?" Antonio rested his hands on his hips. "I am very tired and I can't talk to you right now."

"Please!" He just wanted to know the truth. "It can't wait because it's very important and..."

"I don't have time for this." Antonio shook his head and moved past Praveen, surprising him. "I am very tired and I have to sleep. I don't think I have the strength to talk right now. I have had a long day and I am tired."

Praveen was surprised but he wanted to have that conversation at that time because he wasn't gonna sleep. He quickly turned and started following Antonio behind, rushing to him. Reaching him, he gripped his arm and stopped him.

Antonio immediately stopped when he felt Praveen pulling his arm. His anger instantly came back... he clenched his fists as his heart started pounding deep in his chest... his blood instantly started boiling... his body trembled in fury and he did his best to control himself but he was just too angry. He felt like an animal at that particular time and even though he tried to control himself, his emotions had already taken over.

"Please..." Praveen pleaded, sweetly rubbing on Antonio's arm. "I promise it won't take long and..."

But Praveen didn't even finish his sentence before Antonio furiously turned, releasing his arm from the boy's grip.

"What the fuck is your problem, uh?" He raged.

To say Praveen was surprised would be an understatement. His heart immediately started pounding deep in his chest that he felt as if he was about to have a heart attack. His breaths came out harshly as he took a step back and his eyes widened. He hadn't expected that at all.

"What part of I don't wanna talk to you don't you understand?" He yelled, angrily pointing at him. "I have done everything possible just to avoid talking to you or looking into your stupid face but you keep on following me around. What do you want from me?"

Praveen felt tears building in his eyes and his body instantly started developing sweat. He was deeply hurt by Antonio's words.

"Antonio, I..."

"What?" He groaned, breathing like a beast. He was coming closer to Praveen but all Praveen did was take more steps back because he was scared. "Antonio what! What do you want from me, uh? What?"

Praveen was speechless. He had never been so scared in his life before. He wanted to run away but he couldn't do it. By this time there were more tears in his eyes. He wanted to go back further before he suddenly hit the wall. He couldn't move any further and Antonio was still coming closer to him.

"I... I just wanted to... to talk to you and..."

"Talk to me?" He chuckled bitterly, shaking his head. He couldn't keep quiet anymore. "What do you want to talk to me about? Who are you to me, uh?"

"I..."

"You are nothing to me, nothing!" He yelled.

Tears poured down Praveen's face as his feelings got hurt. It was like someone had just pierced his heart with a hot sword. He couldn't hold his tears anymore. He didn't recognize the man he was staring at. He couldn't believe it was Antonio.

Antonio reached the scared little boy and looked angrily at him. He didn't care what was gonna happen because he had lost it. He furiously gripped his arm, pinning him to the wall.

Praveen winced as more tears went down his face. The pain he experienced at that time was nothing like he had ever experienced before. The tears felt as if they were burning his face.

"Now you listen to me," He warned, adding pressure to the boy's arm. It hurt a whole lot. "You and I share nothing at all. We might be married but that's nothing to me. I don't care about you or anything that you do. I am not your husband and I will never be."

Praveen's pain increased. "Then why did you marry... if... if..."

"This marriage is nothing but a punishment to you." He yelled, twisting Praveen's arm painfully. "You are gonna suffer in this marriage and that's my promise to you because I am not foolish. I know exactly what and who you are. I know exactly what you want from this family but I will make you pay for it. A marriage is a blessing but for you..." He paused and chuckled manically, putting fear into the boy. Praveen closed his eyes and moved his eyes away from Antonio. "...this will be your hell and you will experience nothing but pain from me."

Praveen tried to wail but he couldn't find his voice. He had a really big lump in his throat. The only thing he was able to do was sob uncontrollably.

"I know how slutty boys like you are." He laughed, inflicting more pain on the boy's arm. "You thought you could manipulate your way into this house but you have found that I know everything about you. You thought getting married to a rich man like me you would end your poverty-stricken life but you were wrong."

"Ouch!" He winced in pain but Antonio seemed not to care as he kept on twisting his arm.

"I am not your husband and I will never be." He warned, getting closer to Praveen's face. He was still crying and in pain. "You might be married to me but it's just for show." He chuckled bitterly, scaring the boy out of his skin. "You and I will share no marriage relationship. I may be known as your husband but I will never perform that role in your life... I will never sleep with you and not to talk of acknowledging you.

This marriage is a punishment to you." He yelled his face. "And you are going to suffer for the rest of your life."

Hearing what Antonio had just said, Praveen opened his eyes and stared into Antonio's eyes. He couldn't see anything but anger and hatred in them. It was confirmed at that moment that he had made a really big mistake. Praveen didn't know what was hurting the most whether the way Antonio had painfully twisted his arm or the words he had said to him.

"That's right..." He raised his eyebrows, pulling him closer to his body. "...this charade of marriage will be your punishment. You will regret stepping your feet in this house and you will regret the day you knew my mother."

Praveen looked away as warm tears poured down his face.

"You wanted to come to this house, welcome to your greatest punishment." He laughed manically. "You thought you could trap me but I am far smarter than you think."

"W-why?" He cried as more tears poured down his face.

"Why?" Antonio laughed, shaking his head. "Because it's what you deserve. You deserve to suffer for everything. I hate you so much and I will make you suffer. That is my promise to you and you should always remember it."

Antonio breathed harshly, an evil grin appearing on his face. He somehow felt really happy and light with what he did. He didn't have to hide it anymore because he had told the boy the truth straight to his face. He didn't care what was gonna happen anymore. He didn't need to pretend to be something that he was not.

"Now listen to me and listen very well," He warned, pointing straight into Praveen's face. "I am not your husband and you better stay clear of me for your good. And to think that I was gonna accept you..." He laughed. "...you are not even half my class. What would I be doing with a four-eyed boy?" He laughed in mock, hurting Praveen terribly. "You've been warned."

With those words, Antonio furiously released Praveen's arm and with an angry look stormed into the bathroom.

"This marriage is a punishment for you."

Praveen's strength left him and he fell to his knees on the floor as more tears flooded his face. His heart was beating but it was hurt. He had never been so hurt in his life before. He wanted to wail but his voice was gone. He was sobbing uncontrollably and he was trembling in terrible fear. There was a lot in his mind that he had no idea what to think of first.

"This marriage is a punishment for you."

Everything that he had thought about his marriage, his new life, and his husband had been a terrible lie. Why was that happening to him? He had never wronged anyone, not even the almighty himself. Then why was he made to suffer that way? He had been thinking his troubles had come to an end. He had been thinking his happiness had just started but he was wrong. His pain had just started.

Praveen remained on the floor with his gaze fixed on the pure white floor. Tears were now dropping to the floor and he had no idea what to do. Everything felt like a nightmare but it was happening in reality. What could have been worse than your husband telling you that he hates you on your first day of marriage? It was terrible.

"Why?" He cried softly, slowly crawling to the wall. "Why me?"

Praveen just started crying on the floor. Antonio didn't still come inside the room and Praveen's pain was getting out of control. He wanted to console himself but he couldn't do it. The tears had a mind of their own. They couldn't stop flowing no matter what he did.

"Antonio is a very good and kind man..." He remembered Mike's words. "...I have heard a lot about him and I am sure just one smile from you will make him go head over heels for you."

They were all lies. His marriage was the biggest of them of all. He had never heard such painful words before.

After many minutes of crying and sobbing, Praveen managed to get up from the floor. He tried to rub his tears but more flooded his face almost as soon as he finished rubbing the others. He stood still, looking all around the room. His eyes just reached the picture of the wedding and painful memories started moving in his head.

"No!"

Praveen had a terrible headache. His head was pulsing terribly and his heartfelt as if it was about to give up. He couldn't stay there anymore. He needed to leave. He couldn't just stay, especially after finding the truth about his marriage.

With a look around the room, Praveen got out of the room and started running away as soon as he got out. He rushed downstairs and lucky for him, there was no one else around. Everyone was asleep because it was late.

When he got out of the mansion, he started running as fast as he could towards the gate. When he was about to reach the big gate, he rubbed his face and started walking slowly. He ordered the guard to open the gate and he got out.

Praveen started walking away from the beautiful mansion without even looking behind. He knew exactly what to do.

"I should have known this." He thought as more tears ran down his cheeks. "I don't belong in their class. I shouldn't have agreed to this marriage."

It was a really cold night and the wind was blowing heavily. His hair was being blown backward, revealing his flooded face. His eyes were red from crying and he was still sobbing. He had his arms wrapped around himself, shielding his body from the cold.

His plan at that time was to just go back home and never come back. He wasn't gonna come back no matter what.

He got to the road safely and soon saw a rickshaw which he stopped and gave directions to the driver where he wanted to go. He took a glance behind and saw the beautiful mansion. He wasn't gonna come back at all.

"I am sorry, mother..." He apologized, slowly rubbing his tears. "...but I can't stay anymore. I can't do this. I am gonna go back home and forget about everything that happened."

He placed his face between his palms and just cried because it was still hurting. He was so lost in his thoughts and pain that he didn't even know that he had reached his destination. The thing that got him out of his thoughts was a cold hand on his back. He almost jumped out of his seat. He quickly rubbed his tears and found the driver staring at him.

"We have already arrived, sir." The old driver said softly. "I can see that something is bothering you. Are you okay?"

Praveen rubbed his face and tried to calm himself. "Don't worry about me." His voice sounded different and he couldn't recognize it.

He gave the driver his fare and started slowly walking towards his aunt's place. Shit! It was colder than he thought and the neighborhood seemed quiet. It was late and the people were probably already fast asleep.

He took a deep breath and headed for his aunt's house. He could already see that the light was on which meant they weren't asleep. He rubbed his face to make sure that he looked okay and then went straight for the house.

When he reached there, he looked through a window and saw that there were bags in the living room and they were packing some of them. He stood still, looking through the window and wondering what was going on.

"This house seems empty." His aunt said as she looked around. "We have gotten used to Praveen so much that..." She paused and sighed. "...it seems empty. I miss him so much."

"Yeah!" Mike said in a sad sigh. "I wish I could just spend a day with him before we leave."

"Yeah!" His sister said, closing the bag she had been packing. "It would have been nice."

"Yes! I know that you would like that." She said softly, shaking her head. "But the truth is that we can't disturb him right now. He just got married and I am sure that he is happy at that house. He is gonna get everything that he had been lacking. He has a good mother in law..." She chuckled happily, smiling brightly. "...he has a good husband and the family is rich. Honestly, I am missing him so much but I am not worried because I know he's in good hands."

Praveen wanted to go inside and tell them everything that had happened back at the house but he couldn't move. Something was stopping him from doing so, something powerful deep inside of him.

"I know that Grace is really happy because she wanted this for her child." She sighed, sitting back on the chair. "And I am happy because her wish has been fulfilled. There is nothing left to do here because I have done everything. I am happy because Praveen is like a son to me. But I will miss him so much."

"But he also doesn't know that we are leaving tomorrow." Mike sighed. "Can we at least go and see him before we leave?"

"Oh!" Victoria moaned, smiling at her son. "I would love to see him but our flight is early tomorrow morning. But I promise we will call his house before we leave tomorrow. We cannot see him because I don't think any of us will want to leave when we see him. Besides," She sighed, rubbing through her hair. "We shouldn't disturb him because he's really happy..."

Praveen couldn't hear anything anymore. He moved away from the window and slowly started walking away.

"Leave this family alone because they have suffered enough." He remembered Meg's words. "They have suffered enough."

Praveen cried softly as he took a glance at the house. At that moment, Meg's words did wonders on him and he thought she had been right all along.

"Aunt Meg was probably right." He thought, walking slowly further away from the house. "I have been nothing but a burden to them and now they are leaving. They are about to start a new life abroad, a good life. How can I go back to them like this?"

He closed his eyes as more tears flowed. "They are gonna be happy after a long time and I will live knowing that they are happy even if it means I have to suffer my entire life."

Praveen stopped crying and slowly rubbed his face clean. He wasn't gonna cry anymore. He was done with all the crying. He wasn't gonna do it anymore. It was painful but he couldn't just be weak. After all, he had promised so many people that he was gonna be happy in the marriage.

Praveen had to do the right thing. He couldn't tell his aunt that Antonio had warned and threatened him. He couldn't tell anyone. How could he do that when they were all very happy with everything that was going on?

"I have to keep quiet even if it means suffering alone." He said, taking a deep breath. "I have to be strong. Knowing that everyone else is happy will also make me happy."

He knew he had to go back to the mansion even if it meant suffering in silence. Telling someone was gonna hurt a lot of people and he didn't want that. Victoria was happy, Emily was happy and so were most of the people or so he thought. He was just hoping for the best at that particular time, a miracle to happen.

He put his hands together and breathed in deeply. "God, you know exactly what I am passing through right now. Please, give me the confidence to endure this and please, make it better for me. As long as the people around me are happy, I am happy."

With those words, Praveen took a glance behind and left his aunt's place. He walked slowly to the road and tried to look for a rickshaw but there was nothing. He didn't know the directions but he knew the address so he couldn't go alone.
It was night and it was extremely cold and a bit scary. But he didn't lose hope of finding a rickshaw or anything to take him to his new home. His faith finally paid off when a rickshaw passed by and he stopped it and went back to the mansion.

Everyone else was still asleep and he liked it that way because he didn't want them to question where he had gone. It was already 2 in the morning and he had to rest. But once he got back to the mansion, he got nervous once again. All the painful words Antonio had said to him came back and they hurt twice as well. But he didn't let them bring him down or make him feel bad.

He went slowly to the room and found Antonio fast asleep on the bed, snoring softly. Tears started building up in his eyes when he looked at him. He couldn't understand how such a handsome man could be so harsh. But only God knew what was going on.

If only he could turn back time then he would have made sure that the marriage hadn't taken place. But now he was stuck in a marriage which Antonio called his punishment. He sighed as he looked around for somewhere to sleep, somewhere where he couldn't bother Antonio because there was no telling what he would do if he woke up. He couldn't sleep in the same bed with him.

Praveen sat on the big couch which felt a little comfortable, looking all around. He lay there and folded his arms around his shoulders to shield himself from the cold. At first, he had a hard time sleeping but the many thoughts and worries through his little head sent him to sleep right away.

***

Praveen was cutting tomatoes into tiny pieces, making sure that they were of the right sizes. He was in the kitchen and he had food cooking on the hot plate. He was cooking one of his favorite traditional foods in Ashton. It was chapatti which was eaten with vegetables and minced meat with either tea or coffee. It was always delicious and he could remember how his mother had always made it for him.

All he was hoping for was for the family to love it. He had woken up as early as 5 am and then prepared for his day of cooking. It was almost 8 and he knew that the family was probably gonna be coming down for their breakfast.

Praveen had fixed himself to try and make himself look like he was okay but deep down he was hurting. He had made sure that he left the room before Antonio woke up because he didn't want any trouble or crying.

He had taken a bath and then put on a beautiful brown T-shirt and white trousers which looked traditional. He also had a scarf around his neck which his mother had made him for him before she died. His hair was tied in a knot.

He was cutting tomatoes for the sauce he was gonna be making. He was almost done but he was lost deep in his thoughts that he didn't even realize it.

"Sir, are you okay?" He heard a sweet voice that got him out of his thoughts.

He moved his eyes past his shoulder and saw a beautiful maid smiling at him. She seemed nice and she had been helping him ever since he had started cooking. He appreciated her for that.

"What?" He gasped, coming back to reality.

"You seem lost, sir. Is there anything wrong?"

"No!" He smiled unassuredly, shaking his head. "I am fine. It's just that I am just thinking about something really important." He took a deep breath. "Has anyone come down?"

"No!" She smiled at him. "But I am sure they are already awake."

"Okay. Please, help me set the table while I finish this up."

She nodded and then left the kitchen with a large warmer where some of the food he had cooked was. He started making the sauce for the meat. He wasn't even done when Andrea came into the kitchen. She had her long hair tied into a ponytail. She had sports shoes on and she looked like she had just come from a run.

‘I hate that boy...’ He remembered her words the previous night and they hurt deeply now that he had seen her.

Andrea on the other hand got irritated when she saw Praveen. Fuck! If not for the fact that her brother had told her to wait then she would have given a really cold eye. Now she had to pretend even when she didn't want to.

"Hey!" She smiled brightly, heading to where he was. "Good morning, Praveen? How was your night?"

Praveen wanted to ignore her but he couldn't do it. She was his sister in law. "It was fine. Thank you very much and how was yours?"

"Haha..." Andrea nodded, still giving him a fake smile. "It was perfect. I just came from an early morning run."

"Oh!"

"Yeah," She chuckled. "I like to do this once in a while you know, to keep myself fit. You should join me sometimes." She rested her hand on his shoulder, squeezing it sweetly. If only she could break that shoulder and send him to hell. "It would be fun to run with someone for a change, especially your brother in law."

Praveen just nodded, stirring into his sauce. He just wanted Andrea to leave the kitchen because she was making him hurt just by standing there.

"By the way, where's my brother?" She asked, looking all around. "He should be here with you, right? It's your first time cooking and your husband should..."

"You know, Andrea, you shouldn't pretend to be nice to me," Praveen said with a serious look on his face. He couldn't take the pretense anymore because it was just hurting him even more.

"What?" Andrea lost the smile on her face, wondering what Praveen was telling her. "I don't understand."

Praveen shook his head, taking a sad sigh. "I heard you and Antonio talking last night in your room and..."

"What?" She gasped, shaking her head. "Praveen I think you got it all wrong and..."

"I think got it all right, Andrea. Antonio told me everything so you shouldn't even pretend to like me." He sighed. "I don't even understand why you and Antonio..."

"Oh!" Andrea laughed manically, folding her arms on her chest. "So he told you." She smirked. "Well, that's good because all this pretense was making me sick. If I had continued like this I surely would have died because of irritation. So you found out and what are you going to do, uh?"

"Why?" Praveen asked with tears building up in his eyes. "I have never done anything to you or your brother and..."

"So you think?" She said hoarsely. "Everything you've done so far is a mistake. Being born was a mistake, knowing my mother was a mistake especially conniving to marry my brother and then..."

"What are you talking about?" He gasped. "You and I know that I didn't know Antonio until he came back from abroad and..."

"Which makes you a slut?" She said smugly, giving him an evil grin. "How can you get married to someone you don't know? Only a slut like you can do that." She furiously dropped her hands, giving him an angry look. "I don't have to explain anything to you."

With an angry gaze at him, Andrea left the kitchen leaving him more confused than he had ever been. He still failed to understand what he had done to them to deserve the treatment he was getting from them. He was the victim in this situation and they were acting as if he was the culprit.

Praveen just stood there and got lost in his thoughts again. He forgot that he was even making the sauce. Lucky for him the maid came and got the sauce out of the stove before it got burnt. She stood in front of him and could notice that something was bothering him.

"Sir..."

Praveen slowly looked at the maid and he tried to open his mouth but he couldn't do it. Andrea's words had gone deep in his head that he couldn't find any way to get them off his mind.

"Sir, everyone has arrived at the table."

That was when he came back to the real world and shook his head. "Take the rest of the food. I will finish up here."

She nodded and took the remaining things. Praveen had a lot of questions but that wasn't the time to think about them all. He had to focus and finish cooking. He took the sauce back on the stove and added the spices and finally added it to the minced meat. Everything was ready.

He put in a big serving pot and took it to the dining room. Before he went out of the kitchen, he made sure to fix his face. The moment he arrived in the dining room, he found everyone was seated happily, especially granny and Emily.

And when his eyes landed on Antonio who looked a bit pissed, his heart skipped a beat. His breaths came out harshly and he realized just how scared Antonio had made him feel. He couldn't afford to make a mistake so he took his confidence and served the table.

"Hmm, I was wondering what smelled so good but now I know what it is." Granny chuckled happily, looking into his beautiful eyes.

"You got the words right out of my mouth," Emily said happily. "I am sure the food is delicious and I simply can't wait to taste it."

"Why wait?" Granny opened the serving pots and breathed in the aroma of the wonderful food. Her eyes almost popped out of her socket when she saw what he had prepared. "Wow! This is wonderful. I don't remember the last time I had chapatti. But I am surely gonna enjoy this a lot."

"Yeah!" Emily rubbed her hands. "Everything looks delicious, Praveen. Thank you so much."

Although Praveen was near granny and Emily, he was not even sure if he heard any of what they had said. He was so confused, pained, and hurt. He felt as if someone was piercing him with needles. But he couldn't do it.

Meanwhile, Antonio raised his face to stare at Praveen and could see just how bothered he was. It was written all over his face but he didn't a fuck about Praveen. He could have died for all he cared. He gave him his peace of mind and that was what was important to him. He didn't care about him or what anyone thought.

"Hmm," Granny moaned as she tasted the food. "This is delicious. You should try this, Antonio. It's really good."

Before Antonio even had any word to say, Granny served the food for him and he had no choice but to taste it. It was delicious but to him, it was the most awful thing he had tasted in his life. It was ugly just like Praveen.

"What do you think?" Emily asked. "I am sure Praveen prepared this most especially for his lovely husband." She laughed together with granny.

Antonio glanced Praveen and said nothing. He took a cup of coffee and started drinking it instead. His life had never been good ever since the idiot came into the house. But he was getting what he deserved and he was gonna make sure of that.

"Hmm," Andrea shook her head in disgust, putting the chapatti back on the plate. "I was expecting something better than this."

"It's good," Eduardo said to his sister as he took a bite of his own. "I have no idea what you are talking about."

"I don't like it," Andrea said simply, rubbing her mouth with a napkin.

Praveen stared at Andrea as his feelings got hurt once again. He had been standing the entire time because he didn't feel like sitting where Antonio was especially with everything that was going on. He was quiet and he didn't even realize that he was lost until he felt a hand touching his arm. He got out of his thoughts to find granny staring at him with a serious face.

"Praveen, is there anything wrong?" She asked, getting worried. "You seem as if something is bothering you."

Yes! Something was bothering him and he had no idea how to deal with that at all. He was scared and he couldn't say anything to granny. He looked at Antonio and the man just looked away. He hated him.

"I am fine, granny..." He sighed, trying his best to put on a genuine smile. "...don't worry about me."

"Okay." She smiled. "You just got me worried. Why don't you sit close to your husband and have your breakfast?"

Praveen's heart pounded deep in his chest when he heard granny's chest. Shivers ran through his entire body and he stopped breathing for a second. He felt as if he was sitting in ice-cold water.

"No!" He said simply, still smiling.

"No?" Emilia gasped, raising her eyebrow. "What do you mean by that?"

"Well..." He knew he had to act fast. "...I am not hungry and..."

"I know what's going on here." Eduardo chuckled teasingly, rubbing on his chin. "I think he is shy but you don't have to worry about anything. You two sleep in the same bed so what's wrong with sitting together?"

Normally Praveen would have blushed but he just stared at the man he thought was his husband and said nothing. He moved the chair and sat closer to him. He was scared but there was nothing he could do. Antonio on the other hand said nothing not even glancing at the boy. He just concentrated on the coffee he was having because he couldn't eat what Praveen had prepared.

Praveen started having his breakfast although he didn't have the appetite for it. He could see the ugly looks Andrea was giving him. He was quiet and he was so confused and worried at the same time. He had no idea what the two were gonna do to him or how far they were gonna go with the threats they were giving him.

Antonio knew at that moment that he had to say something. He couldn't bear to see Praveen every time. Seeing his ugly face was bad enough.

"I would like to start work as soon as possible." He said in a really serious voice. "I am ready to take over."

Emilia and granny looked at each other and then Antonio.

"You would like to start work so soon?" Granny asked.

Yeah, he needed to start as soon as possible because he couldn't afford to look into Praveen's ugly face anymore.

"Yes!" He frowned. "Is there any problem, granny?"

"No!" She nodded. "But you just got married and you two should be spending more time together now even go for your honeymoon."

"Mother is right." Emily agreed, rubbing on her son's hand. "The companies are in good hands. We are not there but..." She sighed and smiled brightly. "...I am sure everything is in good hands. You should be spending more time with Praveen."

Antonio sighed, taking a glance at Praveen. "I need to start working immediately." Or he was gonna go crazy with the little idiot. "There are things to be done and as the president of the family companies, I have to make sure that everything goes well. I also have to focus on my music. My fans are going crazy."

"I understand honey but..."

"I am sure Praveen doesn't have any problem with it, right?" He moved his head, staring at Praveen with the brightest smile ever.

Praveen looked at Antonio and just nodded. "I have no problem with it."

"Great!" Antonio chuckled happily. "If Praveen has agreed then I have no problem with it."

Emily looked at Praveen and sighed. "It's okay. We will go to the companies tomorrow and then everything will be finalized."

"Good!" Andrea smiled, rubbing on her hands. "I am so happy right now. My brother is gonna be the president of the family companies and I am so happy right now."

"Yeah!" Antonio smiled, looking at his sister. "I am so happy because now... I will take care of what my father had left in my care. All of us will do that."

"I am glad you are happy." Emily smiled. "You deserve it all, my son and I am sure that your father would have been very proud. And I was thinking about something also." She laughed. She had a great plan.

"What is it, mom?" He asked, hoping it didn't involve the idiot she had brought home.

"Well, I was just thinking of throwing a party to celebrate your success." She offered, folding her arms on her chest. "This party will also be conjoined with celebrating your marriage. I think it's a great idea right?"

"Yes!" Celine nodded. "It's a great idea. We will get to introduce Praveen and on the other hand, Antonio will be introduced as the new president of all the companies."

"I think you are right." Eduardo nodded. "What could be better than that?"

"Great!" Emily rubbed her hands. "I will start the preparations tomorrow morning. Tomorrow night we will have a beautiful party so you better be prepared."

Antonio didn't mind having a party to celebrate his success. He had a problem with having Praveen and him being introduced as his husband. He didn't like it one bit. He wanted to reject but he couldn't do that. He was gonna enjoy the party because he was finally gonna have his father's wealth. He was really happy.

Praveen on the other hand was really worried. There was just so much that he had to think of, things that were bothering him. He wanted to cry but he couldn't do it. He was afraid of staring at Antonio and he had no idea why. He knew he was in for a terrible day.

***

Praveen was coming out of the kitchen after taking the dirty plates. It seemed everyone had enjoyed his breakfast but he was worried at that time. He wanted to go to the room to freshen up but he was also scared of seeing Antonio. He didn't want trouble.

He was passing through the living room slowly when he met with Celine who came smiling at him. Her mood instantly brightened his and he smiled brightly.

"Praveen, there is a call for you." She said softly. "It's from your aunt and she said it's very important."

Praveen lost the smile on his face as he went down memory lane, remembering all the things he had heard when he had gone back home to his aunt's house. He nodded and went to the living room where the house phone was.

"Hey," He said with a sigh.

"Oh!" She sighed. He could feel she was sad. "Praveen, son I have to tell you something really important. I would have come to see you but I didn't find the time."

He closed his eyes and gathered his confidence. "What is it, aunt?"

"Well, we are on our way to the airport right now." She said in a small voice. "We are leaving the country and I'm sorry for telling you this right now but I couldn't tell you sooner because I didn't want to disturb you."

Tears built up in Praveen's eyes and his heartfelt heavy. He felt hot and his heart started pounding deep in his chest. His fear maximized and he felt like crying and pleading with her to take him abroad as well. But how could he?

"Really aunt?" He said happily while deep inside he was dying. "I knew you were leaving but I never thought you'd leave sooner."

"Yeah," She sighed. "There is nothing for us here Praveen. I am happy knowing that you are happy."

If only he could open his mouth and tell her what was going on. But he just couldn't afford to burden her with his problems or make her sad.

"I have fulfilled Grace's final wish." She said happily, chuckling on the other end. "I know I shouldn't have left you alone but I promise I shall return to see you. But I will be at peace knowing that you are happy. Now tell me," She paused and took a deep breath. "Are you happy in your new home?"

A tear went down Praveen's eyes which he didn't even bother rubbing. He was so sad and lonely now that the family he had known for the last two years was going away. It was sad and extremely painful indeed. He didn't know what to do but...

"Yes, aunt..." He chuckled. "...I am very happy here and everyone is so nice to me."

"Hmm, and your husband?"

"He..." He paused and tried to sound calm. "...he is the nicest man I know, aunt."

"That's good." He could hear the sadness in her voice. "I knew you were gonna be happy and I am so sorry that I had to tell you like this but..."

"It's fine, aunt..." More tears came pouring down his cheeks. "...I know that your life will be better abroad although I am gonna miss you so much."

"Oh!" She whimpered, taking a really deep breath. "I am gonna miss you so much too, all of us will but I promise to come to visit you when I settle down. I know you will make me proud, all of us."

"I will try my best."

"That's good." She laughed in satisfaction. "My Praveen is the best and he will always take into account what his mother had taught him. He will never go wrong."

Praveen held on to the phone with his entire life and cried. He just had to be careful so as not to allow his aunt to sense that he was crying.
"I will always do that and thank you so much."

"Thank you too." She sobbed softly. "I have to go now but I promise to be calling you from time to time to check on your progress and don't forget to tell me if there is any problem."

Praveen felt terrible as if there was a huge lump on his throat. "Yes!" He covered his mouth to prevent a sound from escaping. "Goodbye."

"Goodbye, Praveen!"

Praveen quickly put the phone down and more tears came rushing down his cheeks. His heart was beating faster than anything else. He felt suffocated and although he didn't wanna cry at that moment, he couldn't help it. The tears in his eyes kept on flowing nonstop.

He quickly turned to find Celine and granny staring at him with no expressions on their faces.

"Oh my God," Celine gasped, touching her chest. "Are you okay?"

Praveen looked at her and he had no idea why he felt like pouring his heart out.

"My aunt and her family are leaving today." He sobbed softly, trying to rub his tears. "They just called to inform me that..." He couldn't say anymore.

Granny sighed, rubbing on his shoulder. "I am sorry Praveen." She apologized. She didn't like seeing tears in his eyes. She had grown so attached to him in just a few days that she felt the way he felt. "Would you like to go and see them?"

"No!" He shook his head, still rubbing his tears. "They are already on their way to their airport right now."

"I am truly sorry about that." Celine apologized, shaking her beautiful head. "I know how you feel right now but..."

"Don't worry about me." It was gonna take him time to calm down. "Excuse me."

Without saying anything else, Praveen rushed to his room and sat on the chair where he just cried and cried. Celine wanted to follow him but granny told her that Praveen needed to be alone.

Praveen took out a photo he had taken together with his best friend and his family. They had seemed happy, smiling, and just enjoying themselves. He could remember it very well as if it had just been a few hours back. But now they were gone and he had no idea how long it was gonna be before they saw each other again.

Praveen felt as if a very important part of his soul had just vanished from him. They had been his family and now he had no one left. He was all alone in the world with no one to support him. He had no idea just how much he was gonna suffer but he still wished for his aunt to be happy.

"I will miss you so much." He sobbed, holding the photo closer to his chest. He closed his eyes as more tears poured down his beautiful face. "I am sorry I couldn't tell you the truth but I know you will be happier if you don't know that I am sad."

He sat on the couch just crying. He was hurt, lonely and just wanted to lock himself up. He didn't even realize that time was passing. He had no idea if it was an hour or two that passed but what brought him to reality was the sound of something hitting the chair.

He got out of his thoughts, moved his eyes, and saw what was on the couch. It seemed like a small box that was wrapped in a small bag. He couldn't make of it clearly but seeing it there made him wonder who was in the room.

He quickly moved his head and found Antonio looking at him as if he wanted to devour him. Seeing Antonio, he quickly got up and took off his glasses. He tried to rub his tears but realized that they were dry already. But he wiped his face and still wondered what was going on.

"What's that?" He asked in a small voice, gesturing towards the item.

Antonio didn't want to talk to Praveen but he had no choice. "Why don't you open it and check it out? It's for you."

Praveen stood still, wondering if what he had heard from Antonio was correct or it was just his mind playing tricks on him. He closed his eyes and opened them again but Antonio was still there and so was the item on the couch.

He gave him a not so sure look but leaned down and took the item anyway. He removed it from the bag and found out exactly what it was. It was a phone and he didn't know if he read correctly but the words, "iPhone X" was written on that box.

Praveen's heart skipped a beat and his eyes widened. He still thought it was a dream until he decided to open the box. When he opened the box he was welcomed by a beautiful big, silver brand new iPhone X. Praveen was caught off guard and he still couldn't believe Antonio had just bought that for him. It was a surprise.

He raised his face and stared at the handsome hunk. "Thank you so much for..."

"Before you even finish that sentence I want you to know I didn't want to buy that for you," Antonio said hoarsely, folding his muscular arms on his chest. "Mom forced me to buy it for you because according to her, her son in law cannot be phoneless when he is married to her son." He laughed manically, furiously dropping his hands.

Oh! And Praveen had thought his husband was gonna change for a while.

"But you do not deserve that because you are not worth it." He thundered, scaring the boy who was already hurt. "Boys like you deserve to get nothing but you can have it because you could use something valuable in your wretched life."

Praveen closed his eyes as a sharp pain made his whole body squirm. He had no idea how long he was gonna endure the pain, the emotional torture, and everything because he had grown tired of all of them.

"Besides," He smirked, giving Praveen an evil grin. "Things like these are the only things you came into this house for anyway. But let me make one thing straight," He warned, angrily pointing at Antonio. "Stay away from me and know your place in this house and my life. That thing doesn't mean anything at all and if you are wise you will get what I am saying to you..." He paused and looked at Praveen from head to toe in disgust. "...four eyes."

With those painful words, Antonio passed Praveen and started heading to the office on the right but before he even went further...

"Thank you," Praveen said to him, making him stop in his tracks. "Thank you so much for this wonderful gift."

Antonio furiously turned, wondering if what he had heard from Praveen was correct. But Praveen was standing there staring at him with a serious face. That got Antonio angry because he had said that to hurt Praveen's feelings. He hadn't expected to hear that.

"What?" Antonio gasped as his eyes widened. "Why are..."

"Someone once told me that no matter how a person gives you something even if he insults you..." He paused and smiled slightly. "...that thing is a gift and must be accepted. You are right. This phone is really expensive and I couldn't afford it even if I sold my soul..."

Tears started building in his eyes but they weren't moving Antonio at all. "...it is valuable and it will be the most expensive thing I know but I will accept it because I know mother thought of me with love and nothing else. As for my place in this house..." He furiously rubbed his tears. "...you don't have to worry about anything at all. I don't plan to overstep my boundaries. I am used to all this anyway."

Praveen took a quick turn and left the room. Antonio remained standing there dumbfounded and still wondering if the person that had spoken was Praveen. He had expected him to keep quiet and reject the gift but he was really surprised.

Meanwhile, Praveen went downstairs and met with Emilia whom he thanked a lot for the phone. She hugged and kissed his cheek instead and told him how valuable he was in their house and their lives. If only he could hear those words from his husband's lips but according to Antonio, he was a curse, a plague in his life.

Emily told him that she was sorry about his family but she promised that he wasn't gonna miss them that much because she was gonna make him happy.

The day went on with Praveen cooking lunch and dinner which everyone appreciated except for Antonio and Andrea. Things were heating up and Antonio was quiet at the table. He was thinking about what Praveen had said to him in the room.

When night came, Praveen just grabbed a blanket and pillow and went to sleep on the couch before Antonio came to sleep. He had had enough pain as it was and he didn't wanna hear anything. He was still thankful for the phone but that didn't mean he was to get pain in return.

The day went by and he was thankful it was successful, well most it. The next day was coming and a party was on its way.

***

The house was being decorated perfectly by the best decorators. It was shiny, sparkling everywhere one looked. Emilia wanted everything to be perfect. She didn't want any mistakes or anything to go wrong on her watch.

She had hired the best chefs to cook the food and the best DJ to play the music. The entire living room, floor, and even outside were sparkly. She had made some adjustments to the living room so that there was enough space for people to move and dance, most especially the two grooms.

Emilia had prepared the party for both Antonio's marriage and also his inheritance but to be honest, it was mostly about the marriage. She regarded it important because she knew that it was the most important thing to Antonio or so she thought because she had no idea what was going on in his brain.

She had gone to the biggest company they owned and then met with the lawyer to sign some documents and then she had left him with Andrea to finish up work and visit the other companies and finally hold a board meeting. She would have stayed but now she was busy preparing for the party. She had called up most of the people to invite them and she was excited.

She had chosen the outfit for her son and Praveen and she was really happy. She had given Praveen the outfit. She had prevented him from working and had the best hairstylists and makeup artists to make him glow.

It took the entire day for the preparations to be done but at the end of it, she was happy with the outcome. Everything was just perfect. She was just waiting for her son and the guests to arrive.

***

Antonio was seated in the car with his eyes outside the window, looking all around the compound as if he had been there for the first time. He was dumbfounded and he couldn't speak. He couldn't recognize his compound and he was confused.

The entire compound and most especially the house looked different. There were many cars outside that it got him wondering how many people had come. The house was glowing with the most expensive decors he had ever seen his mother put at a party before.

"Surprised?" Andrea chuckled, rubbing on his shoulder.

Antonio slowly moved his eyes, looking at her with a confused look. "Yeah, mom has never..."

"I understand you but she is crazy over that boy." She said harshly, clenching her fists. "Ever since he came to this house, she always wants him to have the best. He has just been here for three days and yet she is..."

"You don't have to worry about that," Antonio said in a dry tone, his jaws trembling. "Very soon, that boy will realize his mistake and he will be out of our lives for good."

"But he keeps ruining each moment in this house." She groaned, feeling anger taking control of her. "That boy will get it from me and I swear..."

"Andrea..." Antonio called.

"Just promise you won't fall for that boy's magic as mom has done and please..." Andrea chuckled teasingly, looking at her brother wide-eyed. "Don't even fall for his tricks. That boy is evil and he might try and take you away from..."

"Are you crazy?" Antonio grimaced, feeling extremely irritated at what Andrea had just said. "What do you think of me? Do I look like I could fall for someone like him? I hate him and he will be removed from my life very soon."

"And you shouldn't let him seduce you because..."

"You don't have to worry about anything." He said with a serious look on his face. He couldn't picture himself having sex with such a boy. It would be disgusting. "The only one I love is Bruce..." He smiled as he remembered his boyfriend and the way they kissed and made love. "...and he is the only one that I will spend the rest of my life with. Bruce and I will be married and this I swear. He will be in my arms very soon."

Andrea smiled at her brother when she heard his words. "That's my brother. The only one who deserves you is Bruce. That boy is just trash and very soon we will sweep it."

Antonio raised his hands softly, rubbing on his sister's cheeks. "I love you so much, Andrea."

"I love you too." She said, rubbing on his hand. "Now let's go in before mom starts calling like she is crazy."

Antonio laughed and then hugged his sister tightly before placing a kiss on her cheek. He got out of the car together with her wearing a pitch-black designer's suit which was stuck on his muscular body like a second skin. He had a deep red shirt inside which was halfway buttoned-up, revealing a wonderful muscular chest that would make any girl or guy go bonkers.

He had white designer's shoes on his feet and his hair was gelled to perfection, revealing his gorgeous eyes. He had a perfect but tiresome day but that didn't stop him from looking extremely hot. He was now the new owner of all his father's companies and if not for anything else, he needed to celebrate. To him, there was nothing more important than his wealth, his boyfriend, his family, and his career. He didn't care about his marriage.

When Antonio and Andrea entered the mansion, they found that the party had already started. The guests had already started arriving and it seemed most of them had arrived anyway. They were busy enjoying their drinks and snacks while talking among themselves.

There were different people in the house, businessmen and women, friends and fans. How could he deny something like that? He was gonna be happy with everything except that stupid ugly boy whom he hated so much.

"Antonio!" He heard some girls gasp.

He moved his eyes towards their voices and saw about 5 girls coming towards him with smiles on their faces. Fuck! The way they were looking at him was as if they were already undressing him with their eyes. When Andrea saw this, she laughed and smiled at her brother.

"Let's just forget about the stupid boy and enjoy the party." She whispered in his eyes, waving at some of the people that waved at her. "Besides, you are now the president of one of the biggest companies in the country. You need to celebrate."

"You are right." He whispered back as the girls got closer. "I am gonna enjoy myself and forget about the ugly thing."

"That's my brother." She chuckled happily. "Now if you excuse me, I have to go and get changed."

"Okay."

Andrea kissed her brother's cheeks and left before the girls arrived.

"Hi there, sexy..." They all greeted.

Before he even had the chance to answer them, they were all over him, holding him and smelling him. But he was just laughing because he found it funny and sexy. He wasn't straight so it didn't matter to him.

"Hey girls, how are you?"

"We are not fine." One of the girls joked. "We were hoping we would have a chance with you but too bad you are married."

They all laughed including Antonio. He needed to entertain them since they were his fans.

"But maybe his groom doesn't mind sharing this piece of a hunk." Another one joked. "I mean, how could he handle him all alone? I am jealous and I can't wait to meet the lucky guy."

"Yeah," Another one sighed. "We all are jealous. Man, I can't control myself just from your magazines and videos. I wonder how he controls himself when he is around you."

His fans were hilarious. Antonio found that funny and he laughed.

"Well, just between you and me..." He said happily, putting his arms around two of the girls beside him. He could tell that they were getting turned on by the expressions on their faces and the way they breathed. "...he isn't anywhere as beautiful as you girls."

The girls looked at each other in surprise and then at Antonio. "Really?" They gasped.

"I bet he is just trying to tease us." One of them sighed. "No one can say that his beloved his not the most beautiful. He is lying to us."

If only they knew. "I am serious." He said and he wasn't even lying. He had never met anyone as ugly as Praveen.

He wanted to continue with the girls but he noticed his mother waving at him and he had to excuse himself. She was putting on a beautiful yellow designer's dress which was just the right one for her. Her hair was made into a pouf which made her beautiful face to be in view that night. She had brown high heeled shoes on her that just looked perfect and she had a smile on her face that Antonio had never seen before. Her face was glowing with makeup and that smile was the final touch. She was gorgeous.

"Hey! You are finally here." She said as she kissed his cheeks.

"Yes! Have you been waiting for long?" He asked with a smile. "I am sorry if I am late. It's just that I was caught up in traffic and the board meeting took longer than I had expected."

"Look who's finally here." Antonio heard a familiar voice behind him.

He quickly turned to find his granny looking amazing. She was dressed in a traditional outfit with slippers on her feet and her hair made into one long braid. But she was gorgeous.

"Granny." He kissed her cheek before giving her a wonderful hug. "You look amazing tonight." He finally let go of her. "Did you look this beautiful to have a dance with your grandson?"

"You crazy boy!" She hit him softly on the arm. "You are always joking and no, I won't be dancing with you tonight!"

"What?" He gasped, his eyes widening at her answer. "Why?"

"Because your attention should be on Praveen tonight." She said with a smile. "You are married now and you should give him all your attention, baby."

"Mother is right," Emily coiled her son's arm, getting closer to him. She smiled at him and Antonio didn't find it funny at all. "We need to start the party because many people have been waiting for the introduction to begin. Besides, Praveen has been waiting for you. Come on, let's begin..."

Without even getting any word from him, Emilia took her son and went to where Eduardo was. He was putting on a blue suit that looked lovely on him with matching shoes. His hair was combed perfectly and along with him was Ethan who was dressed in a shiny blood red designer's shoes with matching shoes. His hair was gelled and that smile on his face made him look even more handsome.

But Antonio didn't find anything funny. His mood was ruined and he didn't wanna go on anymore. He had come back home only to meet with another headache. But it was fine, his anger was gonna get justified. He was mad.

"There is the groom," Ethan patted on his shoulder. "We've been waiting for quite some time."

"Hey, Ethan!" Antonio did his best to smile. He remembered that he had almost lost his best friend and it just made him madder.

"Hello to you too."

They both hugged before Emilia took the microphone.

"Hello, ladies and gentlemen and welcome to our humble home." She announced in the mic, getting everyone's attention. "This evening is very special to me, my family, and most especially my son." She held him closer to her. Antonio had no choice but to smile at the happy faces.

"We've invited you here as our friends, family, and colleagues so that you can join in this happy celebration." She chuckled in the mic. "You all know my youngest son, Antonio who recently came back from abroad after a long time. I have watched him grow..." She said happily. "...I have watched him mature into this handsome young man standing beside me and I have also watched him become responsible."

She cleared her voice. "Antonio has been a great boy and I love him so much. Not long ago, he used to be young, and today ladies and gentlemen..." She raised her voice. "...he is now the president of all the Gonzalez companies."
The guests started clapping happily and whistling at Antonio. He could see that some of the people had their lust-filled eyes staring at him. But he still didn't mind at all. All he was doing was waving back at them and smiling. He knew many people loved him and they were so happy.

"That's why we have gathered here but..." She pointed out as the brightest smile yet popped up her face. "...that's not the most important reason for this celebration. I am sure most of you have heard and read about my son's wedding just two days ago. This marriage had been planned for a long time by his father and I am telling you that I am happy because it's been fulfilled today. My son is a married man and I couldn't wish for a better son in law. He is the best son in law any mother would wish for her son.

Without wasting your time, may introduce to you the handsome, the beautiful, and the gorgeous Praveen Antonio Gonzalez."

As soon as she said that, all the lights inside went off. Everyone suddenly started wondering what was going on but the spotlight went on and it moved to the top of the staircase. Everyone moved their eyes there and... Praveen was standing there.

Praveen was looking beautiful, extremely gorgeous. He was wearing a pure white designer's suit which was fitted on his body like a second skin. He had a sky blue shiny shirt inside which just matched with his beautiful eyes. He had white shoes on his feet and he was looking like an angel. Everyone had their eyes on him, even Antonio.

Praveen's hair was tied in a beautiful braided ponytail, revealing his beautiful and gorgeous face. He had his spectacles on but that didn't reduce his beauty. He was sparkling and he stole the spotlight right at that very moment.

Slow music started playing as Praveen slowly started coming down, looking all around. He couldn't see clearly but he knew that everyone had their eyes on him which made him nervous. He could feel himself getting weak in the knees. His body felt cold as he felt shivers ran down his spine.

He took a deep breath as he tried to forget that everyone had their eyes on him. He was dressed in the most beautiful clothes and cologne, something he had never had before. He felt like he wasn't himself and he just wanted the ground to open and swallow him whole. He knew that once he got down there, there were gonna be new faces. They were gonna be people of high classes. He was gonna feel like a fish out of water.

Anyway, the music continued and he was still coming down the stairs, almost reaching down. Meanwhile, Antonio's eyes were on Praveen the whole time. He couldn't tear them away, not even to blink. He found himself staring even when he didn't want. He probably didn't even realize that Praveen had taken his breath away. He was probably the most beautiful boy he had ever seen.

After what felt like forever, Praveen finally made it at the edge of the stairs. He stood still, trying to get himself together before everyone realized he was nervous. He just prayed to God for everything to go perfectly. He didn't wanna mess up anything.

Suddenly, the lights went on again and everyone started clapping. When Praveen saw the people clapping and smiling, he truly felt out of place. They were so classy, elegant, and fashionable. He was probably the only poor person there.

He took a deep breath and smiled at everyone without even moving an inch.

"Go on!" Emilia said, squeezing her son's hand.

"What?" Antonio gasped, getting back to reality. "What did you say?"

Emilia chuckled and then nodded slowly. "Praveen is finally down. Why don't you go and get him and show everyone how much you love him?"

Antonio lost the smile on his face, furiously moving his angry eyes to Praveen. He looked at his friend and saw the smile on his face and he was gesturing him to go on. Everyone wanted him to go. At that particular moment, he felt really angry, irritated, and mad. He took a deep breath as his fists clenched. Fuck! He couldn't believe his mother was gonna make him do that.

Antonio nodded and then started slowly going to Praveen. Everyone cheered harder and instead of smiling, Antonio's face got really serious. He reached Praveen and slowly extended his hand, slowly asking for Praveen's hand.

Praveen on the other hand didn't even realize that Antonio had come to get him. What surprised him the most was when he saw his hand extended. He didn't know what to do or what to say. He looked at Antonio's face and their eyes locked. When he looked in those eyes, he got scared of what he saw. He could tell that Antonio was angry.

Seeing the look in his eyes, Praveen got nervous. He took a deep breath before he slowly started extending his hand. He placed his hand in Antonio's hand until he felt Antonio holding him tightly. When he felt Antonio's hand on his, his entire body felt hot. His nerves got the best of him and his breaths came out harshly. He couldn't control himself.

He got to the floor and Antonio coiled his arm with him, bringing him closer to his body. It was a shock to him. He had expected Antonio to say something hurtful to him, some sort of warning but he was surprised by his reaction. He just wanted that night to go perfectly without getting hurt. Maybe Antonio wasn't gonna do anything silly, he hoped.

Praveen got out of his thoughts when he heard the people cheering. He started moving closer to the guests and his mother in law before...

"Wow!" Ethan said through the mic. "Aren't they the cutest couple ever?"

The people cheered at Ethan's comments. Praveen couldn't help but blush. He didn't even notice how serious and angry Antonio was getting. Antonio was hatching up a plan to make that night unbearable for Praveen. He wanted to find some way to hurt him or his feelings.

"But being cute isn't what we want." Ethan teased. Then he did something even sillier. "Tell me, who would love to see them happy couple on the dance floor to give us the first dance of the evening.'

"Yes!"

People started cheering and Antonio stopped in his steps, clenching his fists. He was doing the most embarrassing thing ever already. Did he have to go to the dance floor with the idiot? He was gonna kill Ethan for what he was doing.

"Come on, Antonio..." He said happily through the mic. "...why don't you take the love of your life on the dance floor so that you can show us how to dance?"

Antonio took a glance at Praveen and just got madder. People were cheering for them to dance and even his mother was gesturing him to do that. He knew that in that situation, he was helpless. He couldn't be rude in front of the people.

"Come on DJ," Ethan announced. "Give us a romantic song to put these two in the mood."

The lights suddenly went dim and the spotlight is shown on them. Antonio groaned but he slowly walked to the dance floor where everyone cleared, leaving a very big spot for them. He slowly turned, facing Praveen and staring into his eyes. Somehow, that look Praveen got from Antonio got him nervous and he stood still without saying anything.

The music started and it was "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran which annoyed Antonio to the core. His heart started pounding deep in his chest, threatening to rip out. His breaths got harsh and his hands started trembling in anger.

‘I found a love for me, darling just dive right in and follow my lead,’

That song got him mad and he knew he was gonna hate it for as long as he lived. He was supposed to be dancing with his lover, kissing him on the dance floor and not some cheap boy from the slums. That was a total insult and he didn't appreciate it one bit.

Antonio hesitantly wrapped his arms around Praveen's body, bringing his body closer to him. That got Praveen surprised but a bolt of lightning passed through his entire body making him jerk. He moved his trembling hands and slowly wrapped them around Antonio's neck and they slowly started moving with the music.

‘Well I found the girl beautiful and sweet. I never knew you were the someone, waiting for me. Cause we were just kids when we fell in love, not knowing what it was. I will not give you up this time...

Darling just kiss me slow your heart is all I own and in your eyes, you are holding mine.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms,

Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song when you said you looked a mess, I whispered under my breath but you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight."

Antonio and Praveen moved slowly with the music. Being close to Antonio, feeling his arms around his waist felt beautiful to Praveen. For a moment he thought his husband was a loving guy and he forgot about what he had said.

Antonio on the other hand just wanted to be done with the charade but somehow, the song moved slower than he remembered. It was disgusting and his anger was getting intense with each second that passed. Fuck! He just wanted to get out of there.

Everyone watched the happy couple, or so they thought as they danced. They were admiring them, some of them wishing they were in Praveen's shoes. But they had missed a great opportunity and most of them were jealous and sad. It was supposed to be them and not some boy they didn't even know came from.

Emilia was happy and proud of her little boys. She got lost staring at the two of them, just admiring their charm and beauty. It was really lovely and she couldn't help but shed a tear from time to time. She missed her husband and she wished he had been there to witness how happy his son was.

‘Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms,’ The song played, irritating Antonio even more. "Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite songs..."

Antonio just wanted that stupid music to end quickly but it didn't even do that. He was getting angrier with each passing second. He groaned angrily, pulling Praveen closer to his body. Praveen was surprised at that. He tightened his grip on Antonio's neck, still moving with the music.

Antonio slowly moved his right hand up Praveen's back and then to his arms. He slowly traced his arm and then tightened his grip there. He started adding pressure to his hand as he pulled the boy closer. If he wasn't gonna enjoy the party, the one that was causing it was gonna pay. Everyone was busy staring at their faces to notice anything. Besides, it would seem as if he was just dancing.

Antonio kept on adding pressure on that hand. Meanwhile, Praveen felt a sharp pain on his right arm. It was as if someone was squeezing it hard. It started hurting and he looked at Antonio and saw the hatred in his eyes.

"You are hurting me," He whispered, feeling himself getting uncomfortable.

"Really?" Antonio whispered, still locked with the boy's eyes. "I thought you were enjoying this." He smiled, still adding pressure and making sure the boy felt it too.

Praveen on the other hand felt the pain worsen and he winced a little. He tried to remove his hand but Antonio had a tight grip on his arm. He could feel his fingers even through his jacket. It hurt like hell and he got uncomfortable.

"Please," Praveen slightly closed his eyes and tried to move away but Antonio used the other arm and pulled him closer to his body, hurting him even more. "You are hurting me."

"No!" Antonio grinned evilly. "You and I are dancing baby. This is what dancing with me feels with me so you better get used to it for the rest of the night."

Praveen closed his eyes and tried to forget about the pain but Antonio's grip was so powerful that he felt as if his arm was gonna be broken. He was now sure that he was gonna have a bruise there. He wanted to cry but he couldn't. His only savior was for the song to end and at that moment it seemed to be going slow and he didn't appreciate it.

"Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms, barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song..."

Praveen felt as if the song didn't stop he was gonna be with no arm in a few minutes. He couldn't do anything but endure the pain the man he was married to was giving him. He was used to pain and besides, he couldn't cry no matter what he did.

‘...I have faith in what I see.’ The song went on. ‘Now I know I have met an angel in person and she looks perfect,

I don't deserve this. You look perfect tonight.’

Finally, the song ended and people started clapping harder than they had done the first time. Praveen quickly removed his hands from Antonio's neck hoping he was gonna let go of his arm but he was wrong. Antonio stood closer to him, letting go of his waist but he didn't let go of his arm. He squeezed it harder with a smile on his face.

Praveen tried to pull his arm free but he just caused himself intense pain and he winced, almost letting out a louder sound. He looked in front and saw Emilia coming closer to him with Ethan. Finally, Antonio let go of his arm and it felt as if someone had just engraved something on his arm. It was painful as hell.

"Oh my babies," Emilia chuckled as she hugged them together. "You were so beautiful on the dance floor. I almost cried when I saw the two of you."

Antonio looked at Praveen and gave him a mocking laugh. "I am sure Praveen enjoyed the dance the most." Praveen couldn't answer him because his arm was on fire. Antonio was evil and to think Praveen had hoped he would at least change for that night but it was hopeless.

"Oh, I am sure you enjoyed it too." Ethan patted on his back, smiling at him. "I could see the way you were looking into his eyes."

Ethan and Emilia laughed together but neither Praveen nor Antonio found it funny.

"Anyway, let me introduce you to our guests now." She coiled her arm with Praveen's, feeling happy. "They are eager to meet you."

Praveen gave her a shy smile, nodding his head.

"It's fine, mom." Antonio had an excuse. "You can introduce him while I greet some of my friends and businessmen. I hope you don't mind."

"Not at all." She shook her head in disagreement. "I only need Praveen but don't go far because tonight is your night. You should be with him."

"Okay," He smiled, feeling relieved that he was released from the idiot.

Praveen and Emilia went away and Antonio started heading towards a group of old businessmen and women that were waving at him. Ethan wanted to follow him but he also got called and they went in different directions.

"Congratulations, Mr. Gonzalez," One of the businessmen said, extending his hand which Antonio happily shook.

"Thank you so much." He said with a smile.

"Yeah," Another one patted on his back. "You are a very lucky man. You are young, famous, sexy, and rich. Not only have you become the owner of Gonzalez wealth but you have married a gorgeous boy."

"Haha..." Antonio chuckled, smiling at the man. "...thank you so much, sir..."

"Sir," They laughed happily. "We don't call our friends that. Anyway, welcome to the business world and we are happy to have you in our world. Your father must be very proud."

"Yeah," Antonio gave a sad sigh. "It is also my pleasure. I look forward to doing business with you."

Antonio continued his conversation with the businessmen and he was happy.

Meanwhile, Emilia was introducing Praveen to the people around as her son and Antonio's better half. Although Praveen was nervous, the people were nice to him. Some of them kissed his cheeks while others hugged. She introduced him to many of them and with their welcoming smiles and words, he got confident and smiled back. Everything was going perfectly.

They were going around for almost an hour and everyone he met seemed nice. Maybe living a rich life wasn't difficult at all. Maybe he had judged the rich too early, he thought as he was introduced to another woman who smiled at him.

The introduction continued and he met a whole lot of people. But before they could move on, Emilia received a really important call. She excused herself and just told him to enjoy the party. It was planned for him and he had to enjoy it to the fullest. He didn't have to be scared.

She kissed his cheek and went outside to answer the call.

Praveen took a deep breath and started moving around slowly. He didn't move far before... he heard something that made him stop in his tracks. His heart started racing, pounding deep in his chest. His body felt hot and cold at the same time.

"Honestly I never thought someone like Antonio would marry someone like that." A lady who seemed angry said.

Hearing her voice, Praveen quickly turned and found a group of three girls and two guys talking. They both had champagne glasses with them and they had their backs to him so they didn't even see him. They were probably right but it hurt.

"You are right," This time a man said. "I thought he was gonna marry a high fashion model or someone rich or someone from his class."

Praveen was hurt. The people were dressed beautifully and he had no idea why they were talking like that about him.

"But I am surprised he chose to marry that boy, a nerd." Another girl seethed. "What was he thinking? The boy even wears glasses and he probably knows nothing about high fashion. It's a shame that someone as handsome and sexy as Antonio would marry someone like that boy."

"Anything can happen," Another girl said, taking a sip from the glass. "Maybe he got tired of all those models and wanted to settle for someone simple, someone he knew would take care of him."

"Oh please," A guy said chuckling teasingly. "There are so many high-class men that would take care of him but he chose to settle for that, uh..." He groaned. "...they are probably not gonna last. He will meet someone else very soon and..."

Praveen couldn't stay there anymore because he was getting hurt. He quickly turned and started heading towards the staircase but he didn't reach far before he almost bumped into Antonio who for some reason was smiling at him holding a glass of champagne. He stood still and looked away.

"What's wrong?" Antonio teased, chuckling foolishly. "Why did you look away? I thought you loved looking into my handsome face and where are you going?"

"Why are you asking?" Praveen asked without even looking at him. "It's not as if you care where I go?"

"Oh!" Antonio touched his chest in mock, chirping as he moved his head. "How can you say that I don't care about you?" He gasped in mock astonishment. "Oh wait!" He laughed. "I don't care about you. By the way, have you heard that the people are saying you don't look good with me and you don't deserve me?"

Praveen tried to open his mouth but he couldn't utter a word.

"It's a pity because they are right you know." He placed his hand on Praveen's shoulder. "We are from different worlds that will never meet so if I were you, I would just leave."

"Why would he?" Antonio heard a familiar voice.

Both of them looked towards the direction of the voice. They found Andrea coming closer to them with her perfect catwalk. She had changed and she was amazing. She was putting on a beautiful black designer's dress with sparkles on the edges. The dress reaching her knees and she was on beautiful, classy, and expensive high heeled shoes. They were so high but her catwalk was amazing.

Her face was glowing with makeup, making her look even more beautiful than she was. Her hair was made in a perky side ponytail with flowers and she was like a princess. She looked more beautiful than any girl in the room which she wanted.

"He is enjoying all this wealth for the first time and he won't leave us alone." She seethed, growling at him. "Boys like him only care about money. They look innocent but dangerous. They need to be driven out like demons."
Praveen couldn't stand there and listen to their painful words. He just turned and headed back to the crowd, somewhere he could be alone without anyone insulting him or making him feel inferior. The party had been going well but now his mood was completely ruined.

"Hey, you look really beautiful."

"Thank you," Andrea smiled and then held his hand tightly. "I want you to come with because I have a very wonderful surprise for you upstairs."

"A surprise?" Antonio frowned. "Why?"

"You ask too many questions." She laughed. "You are my brother and now the new president of all our companies. We have accomplished our first part of taking back our wealth so I wanted to congratulate you on my own..."

"But I have guests and fans that would..."

"Trust me, they will not not be as important as my surprise." She promised. "Just come with me."

Antonio gave his sister a not so sure look but, "Okay," He sighed.

She smiled and then took him upstairs near his room. He was still wondering what she was gonna surprise him with but before he got the chance, she quickly covered his eyes with her hands that he couldn't even see a thing.

"Andrea!" He chuckled softly. "What are you doing? We are no longer kids and..."

"Just don't say anything, okay." She whispered in his ears. "Follow my lead."

Antonio took a deep breath, letting her lead him. He was still not sure if what she was doing was right but he had to trust her. They walked for several minutes before they finally stopped. Antonio wondered why they had stopped but he was sure that his gift was on his way.

Andrea chuckled and then removed her hands from his face. He opened his eyes wider to find her looking at him with a bright smile which made him confused.

He looked around but couldn't see anything. "Is this a joke?" He lost the smile on his face. "I thought you said you had a surprise for me and..."

Before Antonio could even finish his sentence, someone covered his face again, someone other than Andrea. He wondered who it was and...

"Granny!" He hollered, removing the hands from his face. "Why did you..."

He quickly turned and got dumbstruck and dumbfounded with whom he saw. His heart stopped beating for a second, his eyes widened and his mouth gaped, he felt hot and cold at the same time. His breaths seized and his emotions overflowed, his entire body jolted in excitement and shock.

"You!" He gasped.

There was someone, a handsome man standing in front of him. The first thing he noticed when he looked into his gorgeous face was his eyes, his beautiful gray eyes that made him think the man was staring into his soul. Then came his beautiful pink lips, his gorgeous nose and fuck, his shoulder-length brown hair that looked as if it had been combed by an angel. And that smile on his face got Antonio crazy with excitement.

The man was putting on a beautiful gray skinny jeans with a tight white shirt tucked inside. He had black snickers on his feet and he was looking perfect. His body was amazing that it would drive anyone insane. Antonio was left speechless. Andrea had been right. It was a great surprise.

"What?" His voice was like an angel. "Are you not happy to see me?"

"Bruce?" Antonio gasped, feeling as if he was running out of air. He still couldn't move. "Baby..."

"I told you it would be the best surprise." Andrea howled, leaning on her brother. "He told me he would be flying in today so I thought it would be great if he came as surprise."

"Oh my God," Antonio gripped Bruce's arms, pulling him in his arms. "My love, you are finally here. You have no idea how happy I am. I missed you." He hugged him even tighter. "You are back in my arms again."

"Yes!" Bruce pulled away with his million-dollar smile. "I am back and it's all just for you, my love." He moved his hand up, rubbing on Antonio's hot lips. "I will be doing my work here and you will be my priority. I love you so much."

Antonio wanted to cry. His pain, anger, and every bad thing melted at that very moment. It was replaced by his love for Bruce, his unbreakable love. He was there finally. Antonio looked into his eyes and he got caught. His smile was the best thing, his body was dreamy and his eyes were beautiful. He had never met anyone as beautiful and classy as Bruce. He wanted him right there, he wanted to kiss him but he couldn't.

"Ahem!" Andrea cleared her voice, getting the two lovebirds to reality. "I think I am not needed here. I will go downstairs and leave you two alone."

She excused herself and left them alone.

Seeing that Andrea was nowhere near, Bruce wrapped his arms around Antonio's neck and brought his lips down. He started getting closer to them, licking his lips. He was hungry for them and he was gonna kiss him hard. He didn't care about anything else.

But Bruce got surprised when Antonio moved his lips away and took a deep breath.

"What's wrong?" He asked, wondering why Antonio had done what he did. "Didn't you miss me at all?"

"I'm sorry." He apologized, holding his hand sweetly. "Come with me."

Antonio took Bruce to his room and closed the door.

"Look, I am sorry, my love but I couldn't kiss you out there." He apologized. "There are a lot of guests and any of them could have seen us and..."

"So what?" Bruce shrugged, still smiling. "I don't care about them and..."

But before he even finished his sentence, he got a glimpse of the picture that was hanging just above the bed and somehow he felt hurt. The picture took his entire attention and he stared at it, feeling as if someone had just hurt him terribly.

It was the picture of Antonio and whoever's wedding. It was supposed to be him in the picture and not some random boy who didn't even look good. He was hurt.

"Or maybe it's because of him." He said softly, still staring at the picture.

"What are you talking about?" Antonio turned and realized what Bruce was talking about. "Oh no! That's not what you think baby." He apologized. "I don't care about him and..."

"Then why were you refusing to kiss me?" Bruce furiously released his hands from Antonio's. "I came here with the hope that my boyfriend will give me a big welcome kiss and possibly make love to me and this what..."

Antonio couldn't take that at all. Before Bruce even spoke further, Antonio grasped the back of his head, bringing his lips forward. Without wasting any time, he captured those beautiful lips in the sweetest of kisses. When his lips touched Bruce's, he felt a hot spark fly between them. His body caught up in flames... he felt as if thunder bolts were running up and down his spine... his body jerked and he trembled as he brought his lover's head closer as the kiss got deeper and deeper.

He was sucking on Bruce's sweet lips, making love to them. Both of them moaned in the kiss as their tongues danced on each other. It was amazing and Antonio was turned on. He wished it would go forever but after a few seconds, both of them broke from each other, trying to catch their breaths.

Antonio brushed Bruce's nose with his, resting his forehead on Bruce's. He looked in his eyes, smiling as he licked his lips hungrily. He needed more of those lips.

"Does that tell you how much I love you?" He asked, breathing as if he was in a race.

Bruce smiled, nodding. "I believe you because I can tell from your kisses that..."

"And these are the only lips my lips have touched ever since I came back." He confessed. "My lips shall always be yours as is my body and soul. I shall not rest until you and I are together. Now that you are back in my arms, I shall hold you in here forever. I love you so much."

"I love you too..." Bruce sighed, dropping his eyes to the floor. He knew about Antonio's marriage because Andrea had explained to him what had been going on at that time. "...it kills me to know that you are married to someone else and that..."

"I don't love him and I will never do that." He vowed, kissing him lightly. "You are the only one I will spend the rest of my life with because it is you I want."

"We would have been together soon but your mom is..."

"And we will be very soon I promise you." He said, rubbing on Bruce's lips. "That boy will be out of my life very soon and you won't have to wait."

Bruce smiled when he heard those comforting words from his lover. He planted a kiss on his sweet lips and held him tightly in his arms. "I can't wait for you to marry me, baby. I really can't wait."

"Me too."

Antonio placed a kiss on Bruce's forehead, holding him as tightly as he could. He loved him so much and now that he had come, he was never gonna let him go and that was a promise. He was now complete and his mission to eliminate Praveen from his house and his life had just become important.

***

Back at the party, Praveen was standing alone watching people as they had fun and talked to each other. He couldn't approach anyone to talk to them, not after what he had heard them discussing. He was just gonna do that until the party ended. His mood had been ruined anyway.

"There you are." Praveen heard Andrea's voice. He glanced at her and saw the evil grin on her face. She was up to no good. "I was wondering what you are doing here but now..." She chuckled bitterly, shaking her head. "...I know you are watching all these fancy people in their fancy clothes, interacting with other high class people and you feel out of place."

Praveen sighed angrily, giving her an angry look. "Look, Andrea, I'm not..."

"What?" She shrugged. "Am I lying? I can see that you know I am telling the truth. You are the only one who is inferior to this entire party. Everyone in here is from a well to do family and they are proud of it. You are the only poor person here and I pity you. I am even wondering what I should even introduce you because here we have businessmen's, businessmen's children and stuff like that but should I say, 'hey this is Praveen and he is the son of a fisherman?'" She laughed, touching her chest.

Praveen felt as if he was failing to breathe. He was hurt enough as it already was, not to forget his hurt arm, and here Andrea was still trying to hurt him. He wanted to cry but he couldn't do it. He didn't wanna create any drama.

"I think you should stay in your lane at parties from now on, that is if you'll survive till the next one." She warned. "Your place is a corner because that's where sluts are found. Always remember that I run these parties, I am the star and I don't care if mom had thrown it for you but don't make it dirty with your dirty body. I am warning you, four eyes."

Praveen felt a tear go down his face. He couldn't hold himself. He wanted to say something but he had a huge lump on his throat. He just wanted to get away from the party and go somewhere where he wasn't gonna get hurt.

Quickly rubbing his tear, he furiously turned to leave but almost bumped into Emilia who was coming towards him. His heart pounded harshly in his chest. He was scared and he was happy he had rubbed the tear on his cheek.

"There you are," She smiled brightly. "I have been looking for you and Antonio. You are the owners of this party and yet you are nowhere to be seen. Anyway, it's fine but where is Antonio."

"Err..." Praveen stammered, looking everywhere. Then he remembered that he had seen him earlier with Andrea. "...um, mother, I had seen him going upstairs with Andrea a few minutes back. Andrea has already come down but he isn't here yet. I think he is still there."

"Okay." She smiled rubbing on his shoulder. "Stay here. I will go and get him."

Praveen nodded and remained there but Emilia thought of something else.

"On second thought, why don't you go and bring him down?"

"What?" He trembled as his eyes widened. "Me?"

"Yes!" She nodded. "He is your husband and not mine. He will come down when you call him because tonight is your night." She cajoled, assuring him with her eyes. "Go and get him because we still need both of you, please."

Praveen looked at his mother in law and slowly nodded. "I will get him."

Praveen didn't wanna go upstairs to get someone as arrogant as Antonio. The guy had caused him so much already and he just wanted to be free from him but he couldn't say no to Emilia. She was like his mother he had to do it.

Praveen reached upstairs and he checked Andrea's room. He wasn't there. He headed to their room and when he reached the door, he got nervous and tried to calm down. He didn't know what he was gonna say to him if at all he was gonna find him.

He took a deep breath and then finally opened the door. But when he did, he froze in the doorway with his eyes wide open and his mouth gaping. His body got cold and his heart died. He stopped breathing and he couldn't even blink.

As soon as he had entered the room, he saw Antonio holding some guy tightly in his arms. But that wasn't all that he saw. Antonio was kissing the guy like there was no tomorrow. They looked like long lost lovers, even more.

As soon as he had opened the door, they heard and stopped kissing but what surprised him more was that they were still holding each other. Somehow, Praveen got hurt with what he saw. How could Antonio do that to him two days after their marriage? This time he had gone too far.

What happens now?

Copyright © 2020 vanalas; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 4
Thanks a lot to everyone that took the time to read my work. I really love you all guys a lot. Don't forget to drop your comments about what you really think about my work
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Emilia must be the most clueless, inept, psychologically unsophisticated, inattentive, vacant-minded, blind mother-in-law in existence! How can she not perceive the tension and animosity between her bad-seed son and poor Praveen?

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..