Jump to content
    vanalas
  • Author
  • 17,080 Words
  • 657 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Comments, critiques and tips are warmly welcome.

Destined Hearts - 5. Chapter 5: The honeymoon. Will everything turn out.

Hey guys, this chapter has a a cameo appearance of one of my best characters from one of my books, 'Adrian'. The book has not been posted yet but i thought i should let you know. Enjoy and don't forget to drop your comments.

Praveen was coming out through the gate and his mood was not right. He had a terrible headache and his entire body was in so much pain. He had traveled for the first time by air but it didn't even feel like it. He didn't love Antonio but why did it hurt so much. He wished it had been nothing but a terrible nightmare but it was all true. He had sat in the airplane alone while they sat together and romanced. The flight had taken about five straight hours but he didn't even sleep.

He had arrived at the airport and it was really beautiful but he didn't even have the time to check it out. He was walking slowly, looking in front of him but he couldn't even see a thing because all he was seeing was his life turning into a nightmare.

Meanwhile, Antonio was holding Bruce's waist tightly, smiling and kissing his cheeks from time to time. They were no longer in his hometown but he didn't give a fuck about who saw them. All he knew was that he was with his lover and he was gonna enjoy himself.

He quickly took a turn and found Praveen a distance away from them walking slowly. He wanted to reach the hotel quickly so that he could freshen up but the stupid boy was walking like a snail and it made him.

He slowly moved away from Bruce and furiously walked to Praveen who was so lost in his pain. He stood right in front of him but the boy was too hurt and preoccupied to even notice that he was standing there.

"What the hell are you doing?" Antonio snarled, folding his arms on his chest.

Hearing Antonio's voice, Praveen slowly raised his face and stared into the face that reminded him of nothing but pain. He couldn't even open his mouth to talk. He had a huge lump in his throat.

"Do you think I have time to wait for you while you walk slowly?" He said harshly, trying not to shout. "I am really tired and I don't have an entire day to wait for you."

"I... I...."

"You wanted to get married to me and you also wanted to come to this honeymoon." He warned, pointing his finger at the boy. "This is what you wanted so you better get used to it or go back to where you came from."

Praveen dropped his eyes to the floor as he fought his tears. "You shouldn't worry about that." He said in a sad voice.

"Good!" Antonio chuckled bitterly. "Then let's get out of here before you cause some drama. Coming here with you is already embarrassing."

With those words, Antonio hissed and turned. He couldn't even see the tear that went down Praveen's eyes. He just held Bruce's waist and the two of them started leaving together talking and laughing. He had dreamt of such a life with his husband but what was happening was the opposite.

He quickly rubbed his tears, looked everywhere, and started following them behind. It wasn't long and they found themselves outside. The driver to their beautiful and posh car packed the bags and they all entered. Praveen sat in front with the driver while Antonio and Bruce sat behind, holding each other and kissing from time to time.

It was supposed to be his honeymoon, he was supposed to be in Bruce's place. He had dreamt of a wonderful fairytale life with someone he would be able to love and love him back but everything was different. He had to accept that Bruce was the man that Antonio loved and not him. But the question was, for how long was he gonna endure everything? How long was he gonna sit quiet and watch as everything got worse?

The entire way to the hotel, Praveen was lost. The city he was in was extremely beautiful and normally he was supposed to be looking around, admiring the whole place but he wasn't in the mood. It took a bit longer before they finally reached the beautiful hotel. It was really huge, classy, and sparkled everywhere.

They were beautiful cars, beautiful gardens, and amazing swimming pools. It was a beautiful place for relaxing but Praveen wasn't gonna enjoy it. What amazed him was the tall building with tinted glasses. It was to die for.

When he got out of the car, he couldn't help but look around. But it didn't last long before he looked behind him and saw Antonio and Bruce holding their hands together, smiling at each other.

"Wow!" Bruce gasped, looking all around. "This place is amazing. It is...." He couldn't even begin to explain what he felt just by being at such a place with the love of his life.

"Yes, baby..." Antonio wrapped his arm around Bruce's waist, giving him an adorable smile. He was happy he was with the man he loved to the moon. "....and our fun begins here. I will give you a very beautiful holiday, just the two of us."

Bruce's heart started pounding deep in his chest as shivers ran down his spine. "I love you so much."

"I love you too." He brought his head closer and kissed it. "Now let's go inside so that we can freshen up and prepare for dinner."

"Just the two of us?" Bruce asked.

"What do you think?" Antonio gushed, smiling like an idiot.

Bruce didn't need to answer the question. Antonio knew exactly what he was thinking. Antonio kissed Bruce on the forehead and they started heading inside with the driver taking their bags out.

"Let me help you." Praveen offered, staring at the driver.

"What?" The driver gasped. "No sir," He shook his head. "I can handle it. Just go inside because I know you are very tired."

"Are you sure?" Praveen asked. He didn't wanna go inside to be humiliated.

"Yes!" He nodded.

Praveen took a deep breath and turned to go inside. The door opened on its own and he found himself in the most beautiful place he had ever been to. It was sparkling everywhere with gold ornaments, chandeliers, and beautiful flowers. The smell was just wonderful and Praveen saw about two fountains as well.

There were many people, beautiful people and most of them were couples that were probably on their honeymoon. But Praveen wasn't interested in that. He had come to his misery anyway.

Meanwhile, Antonio reached the reception and just from the gasp he got from her when he reached there, he knew that she was surprised to see him. He had been seen people staring at him while he was going in and knew that they had recognized him. He kept on smiling but he held Bruce's hands and just walked.

"Hey!" He greeted, winking at her.

"Antonio....." She gasped, holding her chest. She was a fan and it made him happy. "....you are here? Oh my God."

"Yeah!" Antonio nodded, taking a glance at his boyfriend. "...I believe I have a reservation under Emilia Gonzalez?"

"Err... Um," She stuttered, now staring at him as if she wanted to fuck him. "I'm so sorry. Let me check." She took out one of the registers but before she did anything.

"There is no need for that." A voice spoke, a really happy voice.

Antonio quickly turned and found a handsome man who was probably in his late 50s coming towards him, staring at him with the most wonderful smile he had ever seen anyone look at him with.

"It was specially reserved and I came to welcome you myself."

Antonio looked at Bruce in confusion and then at the man that was now just an inch closer to him. "Err... I am sorry sir but who are you?"

The man chuckled, extending his hand to Antonio. "My name is Mr. Goshu and I am the manager of this hotel."

"Oh!" Antonio gasped as his face brightened. He quickly shook the man's hand lovingly. "I am truly sorry about that, sir."

"It's really fine." The man said, letting go of Antonio's hand. "It's an honor to have you at our hotel. You are a celebrity and a businessman and that makes us happy."

"Really?"

"Yes!" The man beamed. "But before anything, may I congratulate you on your marriage?"

Antonio's smile started fading when he heard of that.

"I am happy for you." He continued. "Marriage is one of the most important things that can happen to anyone."

Antonio gave Bruce a glance and saw that he too was no longer smiling. He knew that he was probably hurt by what happened.

"Err... how did you know about that?"

"Are you kidding me?" The manager laughed, touching his chest. "The news about your marriage had spread like wildfire, especially in this city. Everyone knows you are married now and besides, you are here for your honeymoon, right?"

Antonio was left speechless.

"Y... yes!" He nodded, smiling sheepishly. "I... I am."

"Okay." The manager nodded, wondering why Antonio was acting weird. "...so where is he?"

Antonio's heart started pounding deep in his chest. He looked at Bruce, slowly moving away from him. Bruce couldn't have been more surprised. He had expected Antonio to introduce him as his husband or something like that but he didn't. He was a bit angry.

"Huh...." Antonio looked around and saw Praveen coming towards him. "....Praveen?" He called.

Praveen got surprised when he heard someone calling him. He moved his face in front and saw Antonio gesturing at him with a smile. He stopped and closed his eyes to see if it was Antonio or just someone else. But it was truly Antonio.

Praveen wondered what might have entered Antonio that he was smiling at him. He was surprised. His heart started racing and he got nervous and he took a deep breath. He walked closer to Antonio and slowly stood beside him.

Antonio smiled and wrapped his arm around his shoulder, surprising him even more. Antonio was really mad but he had to control himself.

"This is Praveen," Antonio said with a controlled smile. "He is the boy I married."

Praveen moved his face in front and saw the tall man smiling at him. He gave a not so sure smile.

"Wow! He is handsome." The manager said as his face brightened up even more. "But I am not surprised because a celebrity like you is expected to marry a handsome boy."

"Thank you." Antonio giggled, pulling Praveen closer to him.

"It's fine." The man nodded. "But I am sure that you are tired."

"Yes!" Antonio nodded.

"Okay. Let me take you to your room personally." He offered.

"Thank you."

The manager nodded and turned. Antonio moved his hand to Praveen's waist, holding him as if he was very much in love with him. Praveen felt as if a flame was passing through his entire body as Antonio held his waist. He hadn't expected Antonio to do that. They both started moving as the manager entertained them with stories of the hotel.

Meanwhile, Bruce had a terrible heartache that made his entire body hurt. He had never felt the way he felt at that time. His entire body felt as if a load had just been placed on him. He felt angry, resentful and stupid. It was supposed to be him and Antonio, not Praveen and Antonio. Antonio was his fucking boyfriend. He felt like an idiot, especially when he saw how people were staring at Antonio and Praveen.

"Fuck!" He swore, following behind. He was staring at Praveen's hair, wishing he could just rip it off his fucking ugly head. "Fuck!"

They reached the elevator while Antonio acted as if Bruce had just vanished. He was so mad that his fists were trembling. He couldn't believe Antonio had just done that to them. Meanwhile, the manager who had no idea what was happening just kept on telling Antonio and Praveen how he was happy they had chosen the hotel for their honeymoon. Antonio's fame kept on growing and growing day by day, especially after his marriage.

After what seemed like forever, they finally reached the 30th floor of the building and got out of the elevator. They followed the manager until they reached the most beautiful room. It was huge, simply amazing, and cozy. There was a big bed on the right with red bedding with some flower petals, shaped in love. The lights were dim which made everything seem beautiful. There were some flowers around the room, a small dining table, and anything luxurious that anyone would ever need.

On the left was a small red carpet which was near a fireplace. In other words, the entire room was a bit of something that would make romance wonderful. But Praveen wasn't interested in that anymore. He had stopped wishing and he knew that he didn't love Antonio one bit.

"What do you think?" The manager asked, chuckling softly. "Is it something that would fit a celebrity or do you need something more?"

"No!" Antonio gasped, looking all around but still holding on to Praveen's waist. "It's fine. I love it."

"I knew you would." The manager couldn't have been happier. "I knew that you were gonna love it and that's why I inspected the decorations."

"Thank you," Antonio said, looking at the manager.

"It's just part of my job." He smiled. "But if you need anything..."

"I will call room service." He chimed in, smiling at the manager.

"Okay." The manager nodded. "I will leave you to settle in and relax."

"Okay," He paused and took a glance at Bruce who was getting red with anger. He wanted to kill Praveen right there. "But... can you please, get him a room?" He gestured.

The manager quickly moved his eyes to the direction of Bruce, noticing him for the first time. He smiled brightly because he had seen him somewhere, in a magazine.

"He is here with you?" He asked, pointing at Bruce. "Isn't this Bruce, the supermodel?"

"Err... Yes," Antonio chuckled softly. "He is... he is our friend and we..." He knew he was gonna have to apologize later. "...we came with him...."

"Well, it's no problem." The manager said softly, shaking his head. "He may come with me and...."

"Well, no...." Bruce tried to control himself as he furiously dropped his hands. He couldn't leave his boyfriend and Praveen alone. "...I will stay here and...."

"You will stay here?" The manager frowned, wondering what he was talking about. "But this is the couple's room. Come with me and I will give you the best room I can find."

"But...."

"You are a model and I promise your room will be lovely."

Bruce furiously ripped his eyes from the manager, moving them to his boyfriend. He expected him to say something, anything but he was just standing there with his arm on Praveen's waist. He hated him at that moment.

"Fine!" He said harshly, clenching his fists.

The manager smiled and then left the room with the angry man, closing the door.

Once they left, Praveen furiously moved away from Antonio and stood at a distance, staring at him as if he had just grown another head. He couldn't believe Antonio had just done that. On the other hand, Antonio knew he was screwed. He had just treated his boyfriend as if he didn't know him and he knew he was gonna be mad.

"Fuck!" He sighed, angrily moving his eyes to Praveen.

"This is your entire fault?" He snapped, pointing at him. "I am supposed to be with that man and loving him but because of you, he is probably hurt."

To say Praveen was surprised would be an understatement. "But what have I done?" Praveen shrugged. "I didn't do anything and you don't have to blame me for everything."

"Really?" Antonio chuckled bitterly, moving closer to the boy. "If you hadn't come on this honeymoon then none of this would have happened."

Praveen looked at Antonio and shook his head, feeling a little angry and hurt. "Maybe I shouldn't have because this is nothing to me anyway." He said softly. "But I didn't do anything. You were the one that came to me and...."

"Because of you?" He rasped, stamping his foot on the floor. "This is happening because you are married to me. I have never felt so unlucky in my life before. Ever since you entered my life, everything has been going wrong and you know what...." He paused, chuckling like an evil man. "...now people know I am married and thanks to you, my boyfriend is probably hurt right now."

"But...."

"Shut up?" Antonio shouted, pointing at him. "You should shut your mouth because...."

"Why do you always see the worst in me?" Praveen chimed in, getting a little confident. "Have you ever for once thought about what I feel when...."

"Why should I care about your feeling, uh?" He slightly raised his head, folding his arms on his chest. "You and I share no relations."

"I know that but just because I am married to you doesn't mean that I wanted to get married to you." He argued. He had no idea where he got his confidence. "I also had dreams."

"Yeah, right?" Antonio said in a harsh tone. "Dreams to get married to me so that you can steal our entire wealth... You are probably enjoying everything that is happening."

Praveen felt a huge lump in his throat. He felt tears build up in his eyes but he promised not to cry. "Why would I enjoy suffering?" He said in a sad tone, suppressing his tears. "Why would I enjoy the pain and humiliation you always inflict on me? Why would I enjoy living a life like this?"

Antonio looked at the boy and he felt no compassion for him at all. All he saw was this boy that was hungry for their entire wealth, a boy he hated with his entire being, and the boy that made his blood boil.

"And why wouldn't you when you have a goal?"

Praveen remained quiet as he stared at his husband, looking into his eyes. He had never seen him smile at him, not even once since they got married. All he did was blame him and pour insults at him, not even minding how he felt.

"But always remember what I have told you." He warned, pointing his trembling finger at the boy. "You will suffer in this marriage."

"You will suffer in this marriage." Antonio's voice echoed through his mind.

With an angry groan, Antonio furiously turned and went into the bathroom panting. He reached the bathroom and banged the door so hard that Praveen got startled. He could have sworn the ground shook.

"You will suffer in this marriage...." The words kept on repeating in his mind. "...always remember what I had told you."

A tear went down Praveen's cheek which he quickly rubbed. He slowly walked to the bed and sat on it, wondering what he could to get out of the situation he was in. He knew he had a responsibility. It wasn't just about him anymore.

***

Bruce was moving about the room from side to side, breathing as if he was about to unleash his terror on someone. He was about to unleash his terror on someone, Praveen. He was really mad, raging because of what had happened.

The room was big. It was gorgeous and it had everything a model like him would ever need except for his boyfriend. Fuck! He could remember the humiliation, the pain, and how he had felt when his boyfriend held the idiot's waist.

"Calm down....." Andrea said on the other end of the line.

"Calm down?" Bruce grunted, clenching his fists. "How the fuck do you expect me to calm down when my fucking boyfriend just did that to me?"

"I know how you feel but I also told you that stupid boy has a plan."

"I don't care about that stupid boy." Bruce snapped, stamping his foot on the floor. "Have you heard any word of what I told you about...."

"Of course," Andrea sighed on the other end, almost chuckling. "But I know my brother and he'd never hurt you intentionally, knowing how much he loves you."
"I looked so stupid and I have never been so humiliated." He complained, furiously sitting on the bed. "He held on to that stupid four eyes and completely ignored me. It was as if I wasn't even there." He yelled, making Andrea move a bit from the phone on the other end. "And now I am in a room alone while he is with that stupid boy. He is supposed to be with me."

"What?" Andrea furiously got up from the chair. "You mean you left him all alone with that boy that has been trying to look for every opportunity to seduce him." She couldn't take the risk.

"No!" Bruce chuckled bitterly, shaking his head. "I didn't leave him." He pointed at himself. " He threw me out by asking the manager to find me a room. Do you know how that feels? It hurts."

"I know that but you have to be smart."

"What do you mean?"

"You must not allow that boy to succeed in his plans." She sounded with a warning in her voice. "He is smarter than you think. As long as you are there, you must hold Antonio in your grip. Hurt that boy even more."

"But he is the...."

"You can continue blaming Antonio or you will do something if you don't wanna lose your man." She yelled. "I know you to be smarter than that. Do this for both of us, okay?"

Bruce took a deep sigh, trying to contain himself but he was just so angry and he knew what he had to do. His heart was pounding deep in his chest, feeling as if it was about to rip out. His entire body was trembling and he was ready to kill someone.

"You are right." He said, getting up from the bed. "Antonio and I have come a long way to break up like that."

"Nobody is breaking up," Andrea said confidently. "We have to do everything to drive that boy out of our lives before he becomes a thorn in our flesh. I can't stand him already so don't let him get my brother."

"I know what I have to do." Bruce took a deep breath. "Talk to you later."

He quickly cut the call and threw the phone on the bed. He then started walking slowly to the window, looking outside as his fists clenched.

"I will not let you steal him away from you." He said harshly, his jaws trembling as if they were connected to a vibrator. "I am ready to kill just to get what belongs to me."

An evil grin appeared on his face as his fists trembled terribly.

****

Praveen came out of the bathroom, toweling his beautiful long hair. He had just come from taking a long shower and he felt relieved and relaxed, especially after the long journey he had. He threw the towel on a chair, took a comb, and started dealing with his hair. He took a glance towards and saw Antonio busy on his red laptop, probably doing some company work. Their eyes caught and they both looked away.

Antonio was still mad at the boy and he couldn't even talk to his boyfriend. He didn't even know his room number but he had planned to call him after doing the work he was doing. He was reviewing the company website to see if there was anything that needed his attention. He was also checking his website to see what his fans were demanding.

Suddenly, he heard a knock on the door that completely took his attention. Even Praveen heard it and he for a moment stopped combing his hair. Both of them looked at each other but Antonio furiously tore his eyes away, angrily getting up.

He was walking towards the door. It was probably housekeeping. But when he opened the door and got the surprise of his life when Bruce furiously rushed passed him inside the room. He could tell that he was really mad. Antonio quickly closed the door, following him behind.

"Baby...." Antonio smiled, rushing towards him. "....what are you doing here? I thought you were...."

"You thought what?" Bruce angrily turned, facing his boyfriend. "You thought that just because you threw me out like a dog then...."

"What are you saying, my love?" Antonio pleaded, trying to hold his hand. But he retaliated and moved away.

Bruce was shouting so much that Praveen quickly turned and started watching the drama that was unfolding. He just hoped no one was gonna involve him in their drama. He just wanted some quiet but coming with Antonio, he knew he wasn't gonna get any.

"Now I am your love?" He laughed and then got serious. "What about an hour ago when you were holding on to him as if you wanted to devour him?"

"What are you talking about?" Antonio frowned, wondering why Bruce was talking to him like that. "You saw what had happened. The manager knew I was married and...."

"And you couldn't wait to introduce plain Jane to him." He shouted in Antonio's face. "You could have introduced me as your...."

"Are you crazy?" Antonio laughed, furiously dropping his hands. "How could I have done that? That manager knew I was married and he probably would have...."

"What would have been wrong with that?" It was the first time they were arguing since they started dating and it was Praveen's fault. "You want to get rid of that boy, right?"

"Yes!" Antonio spoke sweetly but it wasn't working on Bruce. "But this involves my mom, my granny, and my entire family." He sighed. "I love you and I can't wait to have you in my arms forever but you gotta understand."

"Antonio!" Bruce gave a gloomy sigh. "You and I came here to have fun and make up for the lost time and not for me to stay in a room alone. I should be with you and that boy...." He pointed towards Praveen. "....should be the one staying alone."

Praveen knew at that time that he didn't need to be there. He needed to go somewhere, anywhere before they started insulting him. He put the comb on the dressing table and started walking away but before he even went far.

"And look at him?" Bruce said harshly, furiously moving towards him. "He's probably enjoying all this because it's what he has always wanted."

Praveen looked at Bruce, wondering what to say but he was quiet. Even Antonio couldn't say anything because he had made his boyfriend mad in the first place.

Bruce laughed mockingly folding his arms on his chest. "I can see you came from bathing." He eyed him from head to toe. "And you came to comb your hair so that Antonio can see you. I can see through you and...."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Praveen said softly, dropping his eyes to the floor.

"Of course, you do." Bruce echoed, dropping his arms furiously. "What was gonna happen next?" He chuckled bitterly. "Were you about to strip so that you could seduce him and make him fall for you?"

Praveen quickly raised his eyes, staring into Bruce's, getting surprised by his accusations. He felt hurt and a bit angry. He was usually quiet but he was feeling a little angry because of their accusations.

Antonio on the other hand was really surprised. "Bruce, you know that...."

"But guess what?" He warned, pointing at the boy. "He belongs to me and he loves me only so whatever you do, you better stay away from him. Only I can seduce me and I am warning you...."

"I beg your pardon?" Praveen slightly raised his voice, surprising both of them. He had had enough pain and humiliation. Just because he was usually quiet didn't mean that he was stupid. "Bruce, do you even hear what you are saying? I am not whom you think I am and...."

"And who do I think you are?" He mocked, raising his eyebrows. "Am I not telling the truth? You are trying, by all means, to make Antonio fall in love with...."

"Antonio is my husband." Praveen pointed out, feeling some form of power take control of him. "We got married and everyone witnessed it."

To say both Antonio and Bruce were surprised would be an understatement. They both hadn't expected Praveen to talk back, especially in the tone he was using.

"What are you...."

"But that doesn't mean that I can do what you are accusing me of." He continued. "I am not trying to do what you are accusing me of and I don't even know how to. Antonio is my husband, sure...." He said, trying to stay confident. "...but I am not trying to seduce him or something like that. I know where I stand in his life because he made it clear to me."

"Good!" Bruce smiled brightly at him.

"You don't have to worry because...." He paused and looked at his husband who stood there looking like a statue. "...because I am not even in love with him and I have never thought of falling in love with a man like him."

The moment he said those words, there was a quietness that no one knew where it came from. It was so quiet that one would have heard a pin drop. Antonio's heart pounded deep in his chest and he had no idea why he felt the way he felt. He hadn't expected Praveen to say that about him.

Bruce was proud because it came out of Praveen's mouth and he was glad that Antonio was there to hear it straight from the horse's mouth.

"Good!" Bruce smiled brightly, taking a deep breath. "I am glad you have said that from your mouth but you know what...." He chuckled mockingly. "That doesn't move me at all because we both know what you are after. The only reason you are married to him is that you need money from him and that's why."

Praveen looked at his confused husband and then at Bruce. "Both of us know that isn't true. You weren't there when Antonio and I got married...."

"But I was told and we both know that's the truth."

"That's what everyone thinks," Praveen said with a sad sigh. "That's what I am accused of but the truth is that I didn't even wanna marry Antonio at all. I was content with what I had. I accept that I was poor and I come from a really poor background...." Tears built up in his eyes but he wasn't gonna cry. "...I was happy and I never wished to be rich, not even once." He moved his eyes to Antonio who was still staring at him. "All this suddenly came to me and...."

"Then why are you still married to him?" Bruce smirked, shaking his head seductively. "Why did you agree to marry a man you haven't seen and...."

"You wouldn't understand anything." He said, slowly rubbing his tears. "I got married maybe because I had hope, hope that I would meet a very special guy that would love me, someone I would be able to share my world with. I was ready to give my marriage a chance if at all things were different. But I am suffering in this marriage. I have known nothing but pain and it's because...."

He paused and took a deep breath. "....it's because the man that I thought to be my husband married me for nothing but revenge. Now tell me," He moved his eyes to Bruce. "How can I fall in love with such a man?"

Bruce was quiet but he was happy and glad that Praveen had said that. "I still don't trust you because I know you have eyes for my boyfriend but you can never seduce him because he only has eyes for me."

"I don't love him and I don't care what you think about me," Praveen said a little harshly.

He moved his eyes to his husband, looking at him with nothing but... He couldn't even explain what he was feeling. He expected Antonio to insult him, humiliate him, and team up with Bruce but he wasn't saying anything.

On the other hand, Antonio had never felt so speechless in his life before. He was just staring at Praveen and for the first time, he felt as if he didn't need to hurt him. He saw through him and saw how he was hurt.

Without saying a single word, Praveen left the room and went into the bathroom. Antonio looked at him until he disappeared behind the bathroom door.

Bruce quickly turned and faced his boyfriend, giving him a beautiful smile. He was now completely happy since Praveen had left the two of them alone.

"Antonio...." He moaned, wrapping his arm around his neck.

Antonio moved his eyes to his boyfriend and without smiling took a deep sigh. "Did you have to do this, Bruce? I thought you understood when I told you that we have to be careful."

"What do you mean?" Bruce licked his lips, staring at Antonio's beautiful face. "We are alone here and no one would disturb us. I have put the stupid boy in his place but that doesn't mean I have forgiven you yet for the embarrassment you had given me earlier?"

"What are you talking about?" Antonio frowned, moving away from his boyfriend. "I am a married man now and I have to...."

"What?" Bruce snapped, his breaths sounding like flames. "Now you are preaching to me that you are married. Since when did you start caring about that?"

"I don't." Antonio tried to sound calm but he couldn't understand the reason why he felt angry. "I love you and I have already told you that."

"And yet you held on to the stupid boy as if your life depended on it."

"I already told you that I had to do it."

"But your mother and your family are not here."

"Yes!" Antonio nodded slowly. "But all eyes are on us right now because they know I am married. The media, the people and everyone know me. That's why I cannot risk being seen. It might hurt my mom and...."

"What about me?" Bruce argued, pointing at himself. "You should remember that you and I came here to have fun, okay? You are my boyfriend and you have to be responsible for me. Tell me if you do not love me so that I can leave."

"What?" Antonio's eyes widened, moving closer to his boyfriend. He held his hands tightly, slowly rubbing on them. "How can you say something like that? I love you so much and you know that." He couldn't afford to hurt his boyfriend.

"And I love you too." Bruce cupped his boyfriend's cheek, placing a kiss on his sweet lips. "I just want us to be together. I don't care if you are married or not." He breathed, locking his eyes with his boyfriend. "All I want is you alone."

"You know I belong to you." Antonio slowly held his ears, giving his boyfriend the brightest grin ever. "Will you forgive me for this? I promise I will make it up to you for my mistakes."

Bruce gave his boyfriend an angry look, moving his eyes away. He folded his arms on his chest, looking away from him.

"Come on," Antonio beamed, wrapping his arm on his shoulder. "Don't be mad at me. I swear I will make it up to you. I know I acted stupid and I regret it now. Will you forgive? I love you."

The moment Bruce heard those beautiful words, his entire body felt hot. He started smiling brightly and breathed in deeply.

"Okay." He dropped his hand to his hip. "I forgive you but I wanna spend some time with you, away from the stupid boy."

Antonio sighed. "I will grant you that but I have to finish up some work before our fun begins tomorrow."

"Really?"

"Yes!" He nodded.

"Okay." Bruce couldn't express his happiness at that time. "Why don't we go to my room so that I show it you and probably do more."

Antonio smiled, kissed his boyfriend and they left.

***

A FEW HOURS LATER

*

Praveen was seated on the couch with his legs crossed, holding his phone tightly. It was already night and he wasn't feeling that well, especially what he had experienced that same afternoon. He was confused and didn't know what he would do to lift his mood.

Antonio was there and he was busy on his laptop after spending some wonderful time with his boyfriend just lying in bed, enjoying themselves with some snacks and champagne. He was happy but something was bothering him and he couldn't understand how that was possible.

Since he had come back to the room, Praveen hadn't spoken a single word to him. He had found him on the couch and it was where he currently was. He had no idea why he was bothered by that because he had been warning the boy like ever since he knew him.

Praveen on the other hand didn't feel like talking to Antonio or anyone else. He just wanted to sit there and remain quiet to avoid trouble from Antonio. He was gonna remain like that for the rest of their stay there if it meant staying away from trouble.

Suddenly he heard his phone ringing and it quickly got him out of his thoughts. He moved his eyes to the screen and noticed an unknown number. No one had his number except for his new family members, some of them.

He frowned but answered the call anyway.

"Hello...."

"Praveen....."

The moment Praveen heard that voice, he jumped from the couch, quickly standing up. His breaths came out harshly as his heart pounded deeper in his chest. Tears started building in his eyes and he got emotional. His body quivered and his blood started rushing to his veins. He felt hot and cold at the same time but a little happy. Antonio stopped what he was doing, wondering what was going on.

"Aunt Victoria!" He gasped, feeling a little excited. "Is that you?"

"Yes!" Victoria chuckled on the other end of the line. "It's me, son."

"How.... How...." He was gasping. "...how come you have my number? How is everyone there and how's your life starting?"

Victoria laughed softly. "Calm down, son. I know you miss us but remain calm."

"You have no idea." He exclaimed.

"Okay. I called your house and they told me you were out on your honeymoon. I got the number from Emilia and I am sorry if I am disturbing you but I just couldn't help myself. Everyone misses you so much, son. How's your life?"

Praveen felt a tear going down his cheeks. He took a glance at Antonio who was staring at him nonstop. He quickly rubbed his tears and smiled.

"I miss you too and my life here is going fine." He lied, covering his mouth to prevent a gasp.

"Oh...." She moaned on the other end. "...you don't know how that makes me feel. I am proud of you and I hope your husband is taking good care of you."

He took a glance at his husband and shook his head. "He.... He is fine and he's taking care of me."

"I told you they are a nice family." Victoria said. "Can I.... talk to him if he is nearby?"

"Errr...." Praveen didn't know what to say to his aunt. He looked at Antonio and slowly walked to him. "Sure."

He handed him the phone and though surprised, Antonio took the phone.

"Hello... Aunt...." He smiled. "How are you doing?"

"I am fine, Antonio." She said with a sigh. "I don't know about you."

"I am okay too." Antonio nodded, giving Praveen a glance. "I don't know about you."

"We are fine. At least, our lives are better here than they were when we were there." She said in a wonderful tone. "I would love to thank you though."

"For what?"

"Praveen told me how good you've been taking care of him." She sounded emotional. "I had no doubt you'd take care of him but I thank you. Even though both of you didn't know each other, you are showing him nothing but love."

Antonio quickly looked at Praveen, giving him an angry grin. He furiously gripped the phone, trying to control himself.

"I.... you don't have to say anything to me." He admitted. "It's my responsibility."

Victoria was happy on the other end of the line. "Thank you so much and I am sorry if I ruined your moment with him. I just missed him so much."

"No!" Antonio said with his eyes still glued on the boy. "You can call anytime. Thank you for calling."

"Okay. I have to go now. Just tell Praveen I will call later now that I have his line."

"I will."

With those few words, he cut the call, and furiously stood up. He was still holding the phone but he was angry at Praveen and the boy was surprised. He hadn't expected that at all.

"What the fuck did you tell, Aunt Victoria?"

To say Praveen was surprised would be an understatement. "What are you talking about? I never told her anything. I have never talked to my aunt since she left and you were here when I was talking to her right now."

"You told her that we are in love and I am taking good care of you."

"Is that why you are angry?" Praveen chuckled bitterly. "I care about my aunt so much just as you care about your family. I am ready to suffer at your hands but I don't wanna hurt her. That woman has been through a lot and the last thing I wanna do is hurt her."
He quickly thrust his hand forward, taking his phone away from Antonio. Then he looked at him, shaking his head. "I don't wanna talk anymore so just please, leave me alone. I don't want trouble from you or your boyfriend."

He quickly turned and lay on the couch, leaving Antonio standing there in surprise. There was something wrong because Praveen had become a little harsh since they arrived. Could he have pushed him to his limits? Maybe he had overreacted.

Antonio stood there, staring at the boy and he wanted to continue with the argument but he couldn't bear to do it. He felt as if he had the boy enough and besides, being at the hotel and watching Antonio and Bruce enjoying themselves was torture enough.

He took a deep breath, moving his eyes away.

"Would you like something to eat?"

That was a surprise and Praveen hadn't expected Antonio to say that. He slowly moved his eyes and their eyes caught. They stared into each other's eyes before Praveen ripped his eyes away from his husband.

"No!" He said without any emotions in his voice. "I am not hungry."

Antonio sighed. "We arrived here earlier today and I know you haven't eaten anything ever since." He said, wondering why he suddenly cared. "You will starve if you continue like this. There is a restaurant downstairs and I hear they serve the best food there. Why don't we go down so that we can have dinner?"

Praveen gave Antonio a long look so that he could see if the guy was mocking him but that serious look on his face told him that he wasn't even joking.

"I don't want trouble." He sighed. "I just wanna have some peace. Why don't you take your boyfriend? He will probably leave me alone if you...."

"What's wrong with you?" Antonio snapped, furiously dropping his arms. "Mom told me to take care of you and going out for dinner is one of the things that...."

"Which part of I don't want trouble didn't you get?" Praveen frowned, slowly raising his head. "I am just asking for one thing from you. Can't you at least give me that? I am asking you to take your boyfriend out. Shouldn't that make you happy?"

"Don't involve Bruce in this," Antonio warned, angrily pointing at him. "I am trying to be nice to you by feeding you and you are here trying to start an argument. I kept quiet after what you had said this afternoon but...."

"And what did I say?" Praveen furiously stood. "What I said was the truth, wasn't it? You should be happy with what I said because now you know how...."

"Shut up!" Antonio couldn't hear it. "So now you are showing your true colors. I always knew you were a pretender."

"Antonio!" Praveen put his hands together. "Please, I don't wanna argue."

"Then let's go to dinner or I am calling mom." He threatened and he was ready to do it. "I don't want her to blame me when we go back home and she sees you are thinner than you came here. So get up and let's go."

Praveen was definitely. Antonio had been annoying and now he was treating him like a little child. It was annoying and he hated it so much.

"Fine!" he said with a sigh. "Let's go."

Antonio shook his head, closed his laptop, and picked up his wallet. Then they got out of their room slowly, walking side by side. Neither of them was even speaking. They just walked in silence. Praveen just wanted to eat and then sleep. He had no idea for how long he was gonna be there but he just wanted to go home.

They were still going when out of the blue, they just bumped into Bruce and he seemed angry when he saw the two of them. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. He had come to see his lover only to find him with Praveen.

"Where are you two going?" He asked rudely, giving Praveen angry eyes. "I thought you told me you had some work?" He looked at his boyfriend.

"Yes!" Antonio nodded. "But we are going for dinner. He hasn't eaten the entire day and...."

"I don't care." Bruce snapped, angry at his boyfriend. "Why are you so concerned about him? I am your boyfriend and you should be with me. I was calling you to say goodnight and you are going to dinner with plain Jane. You couldn't even answer my call."

"I am sorry." Antonio patted his pockets and found that he didn't have his phone. "I have probably left it in the room."

"Oh!" Bruce raised his eyebrow. "This boy has set a trap for you and you are walking straight into it. What's wrong with you?"

Praveen knew going with Antonio was trouble. He turned and started leaving before...

"And where are you going?"

He took a glance at Bruce without saying anything to him.

"How long will you continue with your tricks?" He yelled. "My boyfriend belongs to me alone so leave him alone, okay. I don't wanna warn you again."

Praveen just took a deep breath and went back into the room. Antonio was left speechless, looking at the door the boy had just entered. He had no idea what was wrong with his boyfriend suddenly.

"Bruce, I...."

"Antonio, I am not mad at you." Bruce smiled, holding his hand. "I love you and that's what matters. That boy is trying by all means to separate us." He leaned on his shoulder, smiling even more. "Now, let's go."

"Where are we going?"

"To dinner." Bruce moaned, holding on to Antonio's arm as if it was his defense. "I am really hungry and having dinner with you will be the best thing I could ever ask for."

Antonio felt weak and he couldn't deny the boyfriend that he loved so much. "Okay."

Bruce knew he was gonna be winning in situations like that. Very soon he was gonna make sure that Antonio divorced Praveen and married him. It was a promise he made to himself and everyone else. He was gonna be known as Bruce Antonio.

Meanwhile, back at the room Praveen just reached and lay on the couch and started thinking. He knew it had been a really bad idea going with Antonio. Now he had just gotten another insult from the stupid guy. He just couldn't believe he was going through all that. Maybe he should have just disagreed when Emilia had suggested the honeymoon. He was partly to be blamed for it.

As he was busy thinking, he heard a knock on the door that got him out of his thoughts. He went to the door and got surprised when he found a waiter at the door with a trolley where there was some food. He was so confused but when he asked,

"It was from your husband, Antonio. He told us to bring something delicious and special for you."

Praveen remained speechless in the doorway. "Come inside."

And just as the waiter had told him, the food was delicious. He ate until he was full and slept on the couch after. He had no idea the time he went to sleep. When Antonio came from his beautiful dinner date, he found the boy fast asleep. He was so tired that he just reached there and drifted off to sleep. He had a beautiful day ahead of him.

****

"Thank you so much." Praveen smiled at the waiter that had just brought food to the room.

"It's my job, sir." The waiter said, slowly bowing his head. "You are our guests here and the manager told us to serve you the best among all the guests here."

"Why?" Praveen raised his eyebrow.

"Because this room is a celebrity's and you are his husband." He said simply. "Just tell me if there is anything else you need, sir, before I leave."

Praveen had never received such respect from anyone before and it made him smile. "Don't worry. I think this is more than enough."

The waiter bowed his head and he left. Praveen took a deep breath before he took the food and served it on the table. The stupid man didn't deserve what he was doing but he had no choice. Speaking of Antonio, Praveen was now wondering what he was doing in the bathroom because it had been long since he had entered the bathroom.

Praveen took a plate and opened one of the serving pots to find a delicious looking chicken casserole that made his mouth water. He took a spoon to serve himself but before he did, he heard a knock on the door that made him stop.

He looked towards the bathroom and started walking towards the door. It was probably housekeeping because their room hadn't been cleaned yet. He rushed towards the door and opened it only to get a surprise. It was Bruce and he was looking a little pissed.

He roared his eyes and started heading inside.

"And where the hell is my boyfriend?" He asked, heading towards the bed.

Praveen closed the door, wondering what kind of trouble had come with Bruce. He didn't want any trouble so he figured it was wise to just ignore him. He started walking towards the table, away from Bruce.

"Didn't you hear what I was asking?" Bruce asked harshly, folding his arms on his chest. "I am asking where my boyfriend is so you better answer my question."

Praveen stopped in his tracks, slowly turning. He looked at Bruce and then saw the way he was dressed. He was putting on a yellow designer's t-shirt, black designer's shorts, and blue slippers. His hair was tied in a ponytail and he was holding sunglasses.

"Are you gonna be staring at me the entire day or will you tell me where my boyfriend is?"

Praveen sighed. "You have his number, don't you?" He said in a barely audible tone. "Why don't you call him and ask where he is?"

With those few words, he turned and started walking towards the table where his food was. But before he even reached far, the door to the bathroom opened, revealing Antonio who was dressed in something that made Praveen stop and look. He had a beautiful deep blue designer's shirt which was not buttoned and he had a pure white vest inside. His hair was tied by a beautiful golden bad and he too had sunglasses. He was wearing white shorts with blue sandals and he had a small bag with him.

Praveen was shocked. No wonder Antonio had been taking long, why he had been busy since he had woken and why they were dressed matching outfits. It was clear that...

"My love?" Bruce rushed to Antonio, wrapped his arms around him, and gave him a long kiss on the lips. Praveen found that painful so he looked away. "Good morning?"

"Morning?" Antonio greeted, wrapping one of his arms around Bruce's waist. "Did you miss me?"

"Yes!" Bruce smiled, wrapping his arms tightly around that hot neck. "I wish you were there with me. I just hope a witch didn't...." He paused, taking a glance at Praveen. "...try to steal you away from me."

"No!" Antonio nodded, smiling even brighter. "Our love is much stronger for any witch's power to work."

Bruce laughed, placing another kiss on Antonio's hot lips. He was happy. "Are you ready?"

"Yes!" Antonio nodded, kissing Bruce back. "I can't wait to spend this day with you."

"It will be memorable." Bruce chuckled, biting his lips seductively. "I can't even wait."

Praveen was somehow hurt when he heard that. He took a quick turn to leave that side and just avoid them before...

"Bruce and I are going out," Antonio said, making him stop. He didn't even bother to look at Antonio. "We are going out to have fun."

Praveen wasn't interested so he started going away.

"We will be back really late but if you wanna go out then the driver will be ready to take you anywhere you want."

Praveen took a glance at Antonio and said nothing to him. He couldn't believe the man had the nerves to tell him that. Meanwhile, Bruce didn't appreciate what his boyfriend had just said.

"Are you serious?" Bruce frowned. "Why would you do that?"

"Because even though I want him to suffer, maybe he should get to see this city as well." He said harshly, taking a glance at the boy. "You should remember that he is just from a village and he isn't used to this."

Praveen gave Antonio a look, slowly dropping his arms. For how long was this humiliation gonna continue, he thought as he looked at his husband? There was just a lot in his mind that he didn't have time to talk to the two of them.

"Okay." Bruce chuckled, resting his head on Antonio's shoulder. "Let's go already. I am a really anxious baby."

"I know." Antonio pulled Bruce closer and then planted a hot kiss on his gorgeous lips. "Let's go."

He held his waist tighter and they both left the room. As soon as they left, Praveen felt a tear go down his cheeks which he furiously rubbed. He slowly walked to the bed and sat there, still thinking about what was going on. Then he went down memory lane, thinking about his past.

*

2 YEARS AGO

*

Praveen was holding his mother's hand, holding it tighter than he had ever held anything in his entire life. His face was flooded with tears of pain... His eyes were blood red and they were swollen. He was sobbing uncontrollably, staring at his mother while she lay on the bed in the hospital. His heart was pounding deeply in his chest, scaring the shit out of him. He had never been so scared in his life before.

His mother was sick and he was scared of losing her.

"Don't cry, my beautiful boy...." His mother said in the weakest voice he had ever heard from her. "...I want you to be strong."

"But mom...." He said in between sobs. "...I can't stand seeing you like this. Please, please I want you to... to get up from this bed."

Even though she was sick and weak, she managed to give him a really beautiful smile. "Praveen, I feel really weak and I don't know if... If I can go on and...."

"Please, don't say that." He cried, putting his head on her chest. "Don't leave me."

"I won't." She gasped, breathing as if it was gonna be the last she was gonna breathe. "Even if I do...."

"No!" He shook his head. "You are the only one I have and I can't lose you. I had lost my father and I can't lose you. You will get better."

Even though her son was crying like that, she knew time wasn't on her hands.

"My son, please listen to me and...." She coughed uncontrollably, making Praveen quickly raise his head to find tears on her beautiful face. She was pale and it scared him like hell. "...and take what I am going to tell you seriously. Remember what Victoria and I...."

"I don't want to hear that." He shook his head, more tears pouring down his face. "I don't wanna get married to anyone. All I want is you."

"But... It was destined to happen, my love." She slowly moved her hand, rubbing his sweet cheeks together with the tears. "It is not a coincidence that both of you are gay. It was destined to happen by the almighty. Before... before you were born, the scans had shown that you were a girl but... it isn't a coincidence that both of you are gay."

"Mom...." He cried, rubbing her hands.

"You have to get married to Antonio." She cried weakly. "Although I might not be here, I know your life will be better." She said. She kept on getting weaker and weaker. "Victoria is a good woman and I know she will take very good care of you, baby. She... She'll make sure you have the best life and her son will love you so much."

"Mom, I don't want anyone but you...."

"Promise me you will agree to this marriage." She asked.

"But....."

"Please," She pleaded.

Praveen couldn't bear to see his mother so weak and yet begging him so...

"Yes!" He nodded, slowly even though he didn't want. "I promise I will agree to the marriage."

The woman smiled brightly as more tears left her.

"Thank you so much, son. I know your life will be much better." She groaned softly, trying to move her body. "Promise me also that you will stay in that marriage and make everyone happy. Promise me that you will build that home and protect your new family if you have to. Also, promise me that you will always be strong."

"I promise."

Praveen felt his mother's grip tighten and although he didn't wanna marry Antonio, he knew he had to do it because he had promised her.

"I want to rest." She said in a weak voice. "Can you please, leave me for a minute?"

Praveen looked at his mother and she smiled. He nodded slowly and kissed her forehead before he left the room and...

***

PRESENT DAY

*

A loud knock on the door got Praveen out of his thoughts. He took a deep breath, moved his eyes towards the door, wondering who it was that had come to his room. He was hoping it wasn't Bruce or Antonio because he wasn't ready for another insult or a fight.

"If only you had been here mom...." He sighed, feeling sad. "...if only you could see me."

He got up from the bed and then went to the door. He gathered his confidence before he finally opened the door only to find a man who was probably in his late 30s or early 40s smiling at him. He was dressed in a uniform and Praveen had never seen him. He had a hat on his hand and his uniform was white with blue lines.

"Yes, sir...." Praveen asked, holding the doorknob tightly. "How may I help you?'

"I am sorry if I have disturbed you." The man apologized, slowly bowing his head. "Mr. Antonio ordered me to take you anywhere you want today. I am at your service."

The moment Praveen heard Antonio's name, he rolled his eyes and took a deep breath.

"No!" He shook his head. "I don't wanna go anywhere. I just wanna be alone. Can you please leave me alone?"

"I am sorry." The driver apologized. "I will be outside if you need me."

With those words, the driver turned and started leaving that place. Praveen stayed in the doorway, watching as the man walked away. He took a turn to go back inside but...

"Wait!" He hollered, calling the driver back. "I think I wanna go somewhere now."

The driver made a quick turn and smiled brightly. "Okay, sir."

"Just wait while I change."

Praveen went back inside and fixed himself up. He tied his curly hair with a black band, fixed his face, and changed into something. He wore black skinny jeans, an old blue navy t-shirt, and brown snickers. Then he took his wallet and left with the driver.

He figured there was no need to stay in the room the entire day. He needed to go out, forget about all the troubles in his life at a place where he knew he would get some peace for once. That was all that he wanted.

He found a really beautiful Porsche black car waiting for him. The driver opened the back door for him and he entered there. The driver quickly entered after him,

"Where would you like to go to, sir?"

Praveen took a deep sigh, biting his lip. "Err... the thing is that I... I don't know this town at all. I only came here with my husband. It's my first time."

"Oh..." The driver said. "...but what kind of places would you like to visit?"

"Hmmm," Praveen was never the one that enjoyed fancy shopping but he figured he could visit a beach, but.....

"What if they went to the same beach?" He figured, rubbing on his temple. "I don't wanna be hurt anymore but...."

Then something came to his mind...

"Driver, I wanna visit a temple." He requested, feeling a little excited. He hadn't visited any temple since his marriage. "I want you to take me to a temple nearby that is...." He paused and cleared his throat. "...you know where that is."

The driver chuckled softly. "There is a famous temple that I know of." The driver said with excitement in his voice. "It is a really good temple and it is visited by different kinds of people, even tourists. I am sure you will get to enjoy it there. If you don't mind I can take you there now."

"Yes!" Praveen quickly nodded.

"Okay."

The driver started the car and they left the hotel premises. Praveen started looking outside, admiring the entire city. There were many tall buildings, beautiful decorations and billboards that advertised, movies, songs, and oh, fashion houses. Although he was now married, he never for once stopped dreaming of working as a designer or any work in the fashion industry. That was all he wanted.

The journey to the temple seemed long. They passed through the city where Praveen saw happy people, children playing and couples, both straight and gay. They seemed so happy that they reminded him of his painful relationship. He saw people, couples, and relationships that he had dreamed of living with his husband. Too bad that wasn't gonna happen.
After almost two hours of driving, Praveen arrived at the biggest temple that he had ever seen in his life. He got out of the car and felt a cool breeze hit his face, making him slightly close his eyes. He somehow felt peaceful, hopeful, and amazing. It was as if that place suddenly brought out something in him. He loved going to temples with his mother when he was young and it brought some memories to him. She would have been really happy seeing him there.

He slowly moved his eyes towards his left and saw a really big ocean just close to the temple. There were several people just walking by the shore, taking pictures. He could tell that most of them there were foreigners who had probably come to see the famous temple.

"Wow!" He said simply, looking all around. "This is beautiful."

"This temple is mostly known as a marital temple and although it serves many purposes," The driver paused and smiled brightly. "Its main purpose is marriage. Many people come to get married here and even married couples get their blessings from this very temple. It is believed that when couples are having problems, the almighty can resolve their differences at this place. You can pour your problems at this place and they can be resolved."

Praveen was impressed. The temple was really big and there was a log staircase leading to some form of a temple. People were going up and down the staircases and he could see foreigners taking pictures as well.

"Do you think it works?" He asked, his eyes still glued on the temple.

"I believe there is nothing the almighty cannot do." The driver said simply. "Even though you do not have problems, I suggest you get blessings so that you and Mr. Antonio can always be happy."

Praveen took a deep breath as the driver's words slipped through his mind. He started thinking, wondering if that was ever gonna happen. There was a lot that he had to think about but maybe he needed to get blessings for himself and his family.

"You are probably right." He said softly. "Wait for me here."

Praveen walked away from the driver and found himself standing at the edge of the staircase. He looked down and saw the sandals that were there and he didn't need to be told that he had to go inside the temple barefooted. He removed his slippers and started walking towards the temple, climbing up the stairs.

He was only focused on the temple and the closer he got to the temple, the more peaceful he felt. He was feeling nervous but it was something that he needed to do if at all he wanted the almighty's blessings. Many people were going in and out of the temple.

But finally, he reached the temple and was welcomed by a really beautiful idol of the almighty. His hand was extended forward, his palm opens as if he was blessing him. A strong wind blew on his face, blowing away the band that was tying his hair. He didn't even bother but started walking forward.

Praveen's hair was blowing strongly backward, revealing his beautiful face. But before he reached there, he met with the priest who applied oil on his forehead before he finally entered.

He stood in front of the idol, bowed down his head, and rang the bell that was held on top. He folded his palms together, staring at the statue. There was just a lot that he wanted to tell the almighty, hoping his problems would be solved once and for all. He needed answers.

"My entire life...." He started. "...I grew up worshipping you and believing in whatever that the priest told me you wanted me to. I have been a devotee to you and not for once have I felt like cheating you."

Praveen's heart was pounding deep in his chest as his breaths became harsh. There was no one else around him. It was just him and the almighty.

"I recently got married to a man that...." He started getting emotional. "...a man that I didn't even know. I didn't want this but I did it because everyone told me it was your will for me to get married to him. I did it because I wanted to make everyone and you happy. Even though I don't love him, I was willing to give my marriage a chance but....."

Praveen felt tears building up in his eyes but he didn't wanna cry.

"....but ever since my marriage, I have known nothing but pain." A tear went down his cheek which he didn't even rub. "I had asked for only one thing and that was to be happy, living a fairytale life with him. But my husband hates me so much. He doesn't love me. He is in love with another and I live as if I'm an obstacle in their relationship. I am supposed to be happy but I am filled with so much pain."

Praveen was feeling terrible. "I don't know whom to speak to or whom to tell what I feel because I am helpless. I am supposed to be the legal husband but I am like a homewrecker. Since the day I got married, the smile has faded away from my face."

He furiously rubbed his tears.

"Please, I need answers." He pleaded, putting his hands together again. "I don't know the person who can answer all my questions but I need answers from you, God. Please, help me understand why this happened.

Growing up, I was told that Antonio and I were destined to be together. I thought I was gonna be happy even though I don't love him. I thought I was gonna learn to love him but I don't think that will ever happen. We live as incompatible strangers with no relationship between us." He sobbed softly, feeling more air blow on his face.

"So please answer me," He said in a raised voice, looking at the statue without even blinking. "Is this a punishment for something that I did? Did I commit anything against anyone or anything because the life I am living is something that I don't want to live?

If not then, please help me and show me a way out of this. Show me a way out."

He closed his eyes and started praying to the almighty with his entire strength.

*

Meanwhile, at the beach, Antonio and Bruce were having the time of their lives. They were really happy, playing and walking on the shore. They were not a lot of people on the beach and some people recognized both Antonio and Bruce and took selfies with them but that was just it.

"I am having a good time with you," Bruce said, holding Antonio's hands tightly, sweetly rubbing on them. "I love you so much and I hope this moment never ends."

They were standing on the shore with their feet in the water, looking at each other. Both of them had sunglasses on them and they looked handsome.

Antonio smiled, removing Bruce's sunglasses and stared into his eyes. "There is nothing more I would like than to be with you, baby. I love you and I will love you forever."

Bruce's heart started racing the moment he heard that. "Really?"

"Yes!"

"All I want is to be yours forever. I don't care if you are married but I want you with me forever."

Antonio breathed in deeply, wrapping his arms around Bruce's lovely neck. He smiled brightly at him, leaning down softly. "That will happen soon because I want to marry you too. I just need to find a way to get rid of that boy."

"And I can't wait."

Antonio chuckled, getting closer to Bruce's lips. "But for now, I wanna taste those wonderful succulent lips that I have been dying to taste."

They both laughed as they got closer to each other, slowly closing their eyes. Antonio's heart was yearning for Bruce's lips... his body yearned for him and his soul wanted to be with him forever. He could feel Bruce's breath on his face and it made his body hotter.

He was getting closer to Bruce's lips when suddenly, he felt as if something just entered him, something strong. He quickly opened his eyes widely and was welcomed by a sharp pain in his chest. He held out his chest and suddenly started coughing, dropping to his knees on the shore.

He couldn't understand what was going on at all. It was as if something had suddenly possessed him, something that he failed to understand.

He touched his chest and coughed uncontrollably. When Bruce heard that, he quickly opened his eyes only to find Antonio on his knees, coughing uncontrollably.

"Baby?" He rushed to him, kneeling before him. He held him, trying to rub his back. "Are you okay?"

But Antonio couldn't even speak a word. He just coughed uncontrollably while tears went down his cheeks. He felt so much pain and he couldn't understand why.

"Baby, you are scaring me." Bruce had never been so scared. "Say something....."

"I....."

Before Antonio could even say something, the pain suddenly stopped and he stopped coughing instantly. He sat there looking like a lost cat. His short was completely wet and he was confused. He slowly rubbed his tears.

"Baby...."

He raised his face and looked in his lover's eyes, staring in them without blinking. "I... I don't know." He gasped, touching his chest but the pain was gone. He couldn't understand.

"But what happened?" Bruce was about to cry. "You scared me."

"I don't understand anything. It was as if something was trying to pull my breath out of me. I felt so much pain and I couldn't even understand."

Bruce was now confused as he had no idea what to do or say.

Antonio on the other hand couldn't even move from where he was seated. His eyes were blood red and his face was blank. He couldn't put any of what had happened together. It was all so confusing. What the hell had just happened?

*

Back at the temple, Praveen prayed earnestly, pouring his entire heart to the almighty. He slowly opened his eyes, rubbing his tears.

"I know that I might not get the answer to my question but I know that you are always there for me." He said softly, smiling at the idol. "One day, I will get to find out the reason why you made this marriage happen. I will remain faithful to you because you cannot do something lethal to my life. I have always been your devotee and nothing will ever change that. I just ask for one thing from you,"

He paused and took a deep breath.

"Please, make my new family happy." He smiled softly. "I am not asking for my happiness but the happiness of my new family. Help Aunt Victoria and her family and may they always be happy with everything that they do. I know that telling anyone something would breed trouble and I am willing to suffer but just make the people that have been good to me happy. I don't know where my life will be in a day, a month or year but I shall always be faithful."

He slowly bent down and touched the sacred ground near the idol of the almighty. He was just hoping his prayers were gonna be answered. He stood up and looked at the statue with seriousness on his face. Then out of nowhere, the wind stopped blowing and everything was back to normal.

He bowed his head and wanted to turn when...

"Wow!" He heard a really sweet voice say behind him, a voice that he had never heard before. "That was nice and powerful."

Praveen frowned, suddenly turning. He found a beautiful man that he had ever set his eyes on. He was handsome, angelic and he somehow felt as if the Almighty had sent an angel to him. The man had a beautiful round face with really long dark brown hair that was made into braids. His eyes were deep blue, his lips pink and that smile on his face made Praveen's heart feel at peace.

The man was wearing a bright shiny white shirt which was halfway done, a tight black designer's trousers and white designer's shoes. His body was amazing, curvy, and gorgeous. He was perfect in every way and he seemed rich. Praveen had never seen any man so beautiful.

"I am sorry," The man gave him the brightest smile he had ever received from anyone before in his entire life.

The man leaned down and touched the holy ground, slowly bowing his head just like Praveen had been doing before. Praveen watched everything the man did and couldn't help but smile genuinely. The man was attractive.

"I am sorry," The man apologized, slowly turning to him. "I just saw what you were doing and I couldn't help but admire it. I have never been to this kind of temple before. It's actually...." he paused, chuckling softly. "...my first time doing this kind of thing."

Praveen still thought he was some kind of angel. "No!" He gasped, shaking his head. "You did great if it is your first time. What I know is that...." He paused and looked at the idol. "...it doesn't matter how we pray to the almighty. What matters is the heart with which we pray to him." He was grinning, remembering every word someone had told him long ago. "If you pray sincerely and with a pure heart, the almighty won't disappoint you, never."

"Hmm," The man simply nodded, impressed by Praveen's wonderful words and intelligence. "Whoever had taught you that must be wise."

"Yeah!" He nodded, staring at the man again. "My mother taught me that when I was growing up."

"And now you've passed it to me." The man said, resting his hand on Praveen's shoulder. He smelt nice but he didn't care about statuses like Antonio and Bruce or Andrea. "Please, thank her for me because I will never forget what you've taught me."

Praveen dropped his eyes to the floor and took a deep breath. "I can't." he felt a little sad. "She's no longer with me. She died two years ago."

"Oh!" The man said in a sad tone. "I am truly sorry. I understand what you passed through and I didn't mean to remind you of it."

Praveen raised his face and smiled brightly. "It's okay."

The man smiled back, dropping his hand slowly. He was happy and it showed on his beautiful face. "I have always heard of this famous temple in my country so I decided to visit it. I heard that it is mostly used for marriage purposes and married people can get their blessings from here."

"Yeah!" Praveen was talking to a stranger but they seemed to have some kind of connection that he couldn't even explain. The man was lively and cheerful. Praveen somehow felt happy and at peace talking to him. "Unlike you, I live in this country but it's my first time coming here.'

"Really?"

"Yes! I came with my husband on our honeymoon and...."

Praveen trailed off when he realized what he had just said. He shouldn't have uttered that in excitement. Now Antonio was back to his mind and it was kinda irritating and hurting him. He didn't like that at all.

"Are you okay?" The man asked.

Praveen raised his head and nodded. "Yes! I am fine."

But he wasn't fooling anyone because the man could see right through him. "Hmm, well, I am sorry for saying this but...." He paused and cleared his throat, getting closer to Praveen. "...I was here the rest of the time and I heard your prayer to...." He gestured because he had no idea what to call the idol. "I also know that you have a husband and... somehow, you are not happy."

Praveen raised his face and couldn't even speak. The man was a stranger and he was supposed to ignore his questions but...

"It's a long story and I don't think you will understand." He gave a half-smile. "It's a little complicated."

The man smiled brightly as he took a deep breath. "I know that I am a stranger and you probably shouldn't be talking to me but...."

"No, it's fine," Praveen said with a genuine smile. "It's just that no one would understand what I have been going through."

The man shook his head and groaned at the beautiful boy in front of him. He was wearing glasses but that didn't prevent his beauty from showing. He was simply amazing and the man liked him. He felt some kind of wonderful connection with him.

"I would because we may not be as we appear." The man lost his smile as he went in deep into the past.

Now Praveen was confused. He couldn't understand any word that the man had just uttered.

"I don't understand."

"I am married like you." The man said as his smile reappeared. "I have a husband and we've been married for quite some time now, five years to be precise."

Praveen couldn't believe he was hearing that. He somehow got curious because he was happy for the man he was speaking.

"Five years," He gasped as his eyes widened. "Wow!" The man looked young and Praveen was wondering the age at which he had gotten married.

"Yes!" He nodded. "And I have been through a lot of things, things that almost crushed me."

Praveen still couldn't believe it.

"I am sorry for this but...." He extended his arm because he wanted to greet the man. "...my name is Praveen..." He paused and cleared his voice. "Praveen Garcia."

"Nice to meet you, Praveen." The man extended his hand and shook it excitedly. "I am honored and I must say, you are very, very beautiful."

Praveen blushed, feeling a little shy. Someone had told him he was beautiful and it somehow melted his heart. "Thank you so much. May I please, know your name?"

The man chuckled as his face brightened up. He looked at Praveen and both of their eyes met, staring into each other's souls.

***

Ethan was dressed beautifully in a black designer's trouser which was fitted tightly on his body like a second skin, looking handsome, seductive, and sexy. He had a pure white designer's shirt which was halfway buttoned, revealing his beautiful muscular chest on which a beautiful gold medallion was placed.

He had white shoes on his feet and his hair was combed backward perfectly. He was at his friend's company where he had been working with his friend. He was also the one handling all the affairs of the music.

He was going to see Andrea for something really important and he was hoping that Bruce wasn't there because he didn't wanna see him. The man shouldn't have even returned because he probably brought nothing but trouble.

"Of course, sweetie...." Andrea laughed, putting her legs on the beautiful glass table. "I know you are enjoying yourself there because you have the man you love with you. I know that you will surprise me, Bruce."

"Bruce!" Before Ethan even knocked on the door, he stopped in his tracks and wondered what was going on. "Bruce is with the man he loves?" He gasped, feeling his heart pound deeper in his chest. "What's going on because...."

He was hoping that Antonio didn't do anything stupid and foolish.

"I trust you, Bruce, and very soon, I know my brother will bring you into our house." Andrea's smile was everlasting. It was beautiful.

"I really can't wait," Bruce said on the other end of the line, even happier than Andrea was. "I love him so much and because of that whore...."

"You shouldn't worry about him," Andrea assured, slowly moving on the chair from side to side. "That boy is stupid. We are smarter so just enjoy yourself, okay."

"I am." Bruce chuckled. "Right now, we are at the beach and I can't tell you how happy and fulfilled I am."

"Hmm, he is really serious about this." Andrea gasped, taking a deep breath.

"Why can't he be when I drive him crazy?" Bruce chuckled evilly. "You should have been here to see the look on that boy's face."

"Hmm, but I can already see it." Andrea chuckled, folding her arm on her chest. "Just have fun and when you come back here, you know what we have to do. It's three against one and you know who will win in this situation. He will be out of our lives soon."

"Thanks." Bruce was happy. "Anyway, I just called to say hi and tell you about our little honeymoon. I gotta go because we are going boat surfing."

"All right, have fun."

Andrea cut the call and started laughing at the top of her lungs, throwing her phone on the table. Everything was going as she had dreamt it was gonna be. She knew she was gonna be successful. Her brother and Bruce were in on with her and it was fun. The boy was fighting a war he knew he was gonna lose and...

"Where is Bruce?" Andrea heard a familiar voice ask.

She quickly raised her face, dropping her legs to the floor, and saw Ethan staring at her with his arms folded. He seemed serious and somehow made Andrea mad. But she managed to maintain her smile and got up from the chair in her classy outfit and black high heeled shoes.
"And why do you care to know, Ethan?" She asked rudely. "Didn't you insult him the other day? Why do you want him today? Are you here to apologize to him?"

"Why in the world would I do that?" Ethan shook his head. "But come to think of it...." He rubbed on his chin as a thought hit him. "...why did Bruce come back?"

"Ha!" Andrea rolled her eyes, moving closer to Ethan. "Why are you acting dumb, Ethan? You used to be nice and good and you used to like Bruce...."

"That was then." Ethan dropped his hands. "Antonio is a married man and...."

"They love each other," Andrea said harshly as if she was trying to put up a fight. "Love is something you can never stop no matter what you do. Those two have been in a relationship for years now and you expect my brother to just leave him like that."

Ethan shook his head, failing to understand why Andrea was talking like that. "Are you telling me that Antonio despite being married is having an affair with Bruce?"

Andrea gave an evil grin, groaning softly. "Don't be ridiculous." She teased, smiling at him. "You know my brother better than that because you grew up together. He was forced into this marriage and...."

"Did Bruce follow Antonio and Praveen to their honeymoon?" Ethan asked, feeling a little angry. "Tell me right now, Andrea."

"You are crazier than I thought." Andrea rolled her eyes, dropping her hands to her hips. "Why would Bruce go to...."

"We both know why," Ethan argued, surprising Andrea even more. But she found it amusing. "Besides, I heard you talking to Bruce and you said he was with the man he loved."

"So you were spying on me?" Andrea said as she lost the smile on her. "Besides, what does it matter to you if he is with the man he loves or not? How do you even know if he is Antonio or just someone else?"

"Because I also know Bruce." Ethan pointed out, taking a deep breath. "But what all of you need to understand is that Antonio is married now."

"Yeah!" Andrea frowned. "To the boy that sneaked his way into our house. My brother was forced into that marriage and right now I don't care if he loves that boy or he loves Bruce. All I want is to see my brother happy."

Ethan couldn't believe it. "Are you telling me that you'd still support him if he started cheating on Praveen?"

Andrea gave Ethan an evil grin, smiling at him. "My brother is a grown-up man and he can choose to live his life the way he wants to. I am gonna support him no matter what he does. It was supposed to be him and Bruce together but because of that boy, he is not happy anymore and as his friend...." She sighed. "...I expected you to understand."

"I am his friend, sure but that doesn't mean I will support what's wrong."

"You used to like Bruce and Antonio together."

"He is married now." Ethan snarled. "So please, tell me where Bruce is."

Andrea shook her head. No way was she gonna say anything to Ethan. "I told you he's out of town."

"You know what I mean."

"I am a very busy person, Ethan so leave me alone." She went back to her seat and picked up a document in which she started reading.

"Did he follow Antonio and Praveen on their honeymoon?"

Andrea groaned, furiously rising from her chair. "What the heck do you want me to say?" She yelled, getting angrier by the moment. "I have told you to leave me alone. As for Antonio and Bruce, leave them alone because they have separated already and it's all because of that boy."

Ethan shook his head. "You are a lady, Andrea and I expected you to reason with me." He said with sadness. "How would you feel if your husband was having an affair with his ex?"

Hearing his question, Andrea gave a teasing chuckle. "I am not married, Ethan but my husband wouldn't cheat on me because we would be madly in love." She trilled, blushing a bit. "He would worship me but we both know that isn't the case with Antonio and..." She grimaced, gesturing because she thought Praveen's name was not worthy of her time.

"But read my lips," She slowly leaned her head forward. "My brother is not having an affair with Bruce because thanks to all of you that have failed to understand those two cannot be together anymore."

"I still don't believe you."

"Don't!" Andrea said, sitting back on the chair. "But even if Bruce is with Antonio, you can't do anything because it's their decision so you better let my brother live in peace. He has that stupid boy as a headache so let him live in peace."

Ethan stood still, lost deep in his thoughts.

"If Bruce followed Antonio then...." He took a gloomy sigh. "...he isn't doing right because Antonio is married."

With those words, Ethan took a quick turn and stormed out of Andrea's office, banging the door behind him. After he left, Andrea sat back on the chair and hissed, picking up a fashion magazine from the table. She wasn't gonna let what had happened ruin her gorgeous mood.

Meanwhile...

"Something is not right." Ethan thought as he slowly walked towards the elevator. "I know that Bruce is with Antonio and that means that... Praveen probably doesn't know about it. I wonder what that boy is gonna do when he finds out about this.

But how do I find out?" He thought as he entered the elevator and it started going down. "Should I talk to someone, maybe Aunt Mil?" Then he realized something. "No!" He shook his head. "It will bring trouble and I don't want that boy to suffer when he finds out the truth. But I have to do something."

He quickly got out his phone and dialed a number. It wasn't long before he heard the phone ring.

"Hello...." Antonio said happily on the other end of the line.

Ethan could hear as if there was a strong wind where Antonio was, a wave, or something.

"Yeah, dude...." Ethan cleared his voice and smiled. "...how are you and how are you enjoying the honeymoon."

"I am perfectly fine." Antonio couldn't mask his happiness. "I am enjoying this little getaway and I think it was a good idea."

"Strange!" Ethan thought, wondering what was going on.

"Really, dude!"

"Yes!" Antonio laughed on the other end.

"But why does it sound as if there is a lot of air where you are?" Ethan asked, getting more curious by the second. "I can barely get you."

"Oh! I am sorry but right now I am at the beach. That's why you are hearing that."

"Hmm," Ethan now suspected that something was wrong.

"Okay, have a good time then. We will talk later."

"Okay."

Ethan cut the call and his hunch got even greater than it had been.

"Antonio wouldn't be as happy as he was if he was with Praveen." He said softly, staring at the elevator floor. "But it is also possible that he was just happy because many people were there."

Ethan was so confused that he didn't know what to do anymore. He had no idea how to find out.

"What if he was with Bruce at the beach?" He asked. "How will I find out the truth? I have to d something to find out."

At that moment, Ethan knew that there was just a lot that he needed to do. He just couldn't sit around but he also didn't know how he was gonna find out.

"What do I do?"

***

"Well, my name is...."

Before the man could even answer his questions,

"Bless you two, my children." The priest came out of nowhere with a bright smile on his face.

He was putting on a white robe, with his tall staff in his right hand. His pure white hair was long and it was just loose. His beards were long and he had his holy beads around his neck. Praveen somehow felt happy when he saw him.

"Thank you so much, priest." He leaned down and touched his feet.

The man also did the same and chuckled.

"It's a wonderful day and seeing you here actually makes the almighty happy." The priest said with a chuckle. "He loves seeing his devotees pouring their hearts out to him."

Praveen looked at the priest. "But I don't understand what you mean?"

"I know you have a pure heart." He looked at the two men. "Both of you. The almighty can see that and he is proud. A boy who is very devoted and willing to see everyone happy and for the first time, a foreigner willing to learn the cultures of this country."

"It's an honor." The man said, putting his hands together. "I couldn't have just come to this country without visiting this place. I have heard a lot about it."

"Hmm," The priest couldn't have been more impressed. "The almighty always answers the prayers of his devotees." He slowly rested his hand on Praveen's shoulder. "It might not be soon but you will get your answers."

Praveen took a deep sigh. "I believe that he will answer at his own time." He said simply. "I am ready to submit to his will for my life. I know he chose this path for me but I don't know the reason why."

"And you will get your answers very soon." The priest sweetly squeezed his shoulder. "I am just his messenger but I know that very soon, you will get the answers you seek. You just have to believe and be confident. Confidence is what you need the most at this moment." He said in a really deep voice.

"Thank you so much, priest." Praveen felt happy and at peace. "That means a lot to me."

"Always remember one thing...." He emphasized. "...you have to be strong because there might be many challenges in your path. But be strong and the almighty will help you."

Praveen still couldn't understand any of the words the priest was saying to him. He just nodded, still finding out what to say to him. What was he talking about because there were a lot of obstacles already? Did it mean that more was yet to come, he thought as he got more confused?

"But don't worry." The priest chuckled in a deep voice. "The almighty will always be with you."

The two men nodded and the priest felt happy.

"Anyway, before you go, I have something really important that I have to give you."

The priest passed his hand through his bag and brought out two pure golden chains that looked beautiful with a small sparkly emerald at the bottom. It was amazing. He gave one to each of them and they thanked him.

"Those are holy matrimonial chains." He said, staring at the two of them. "They are a symbol of love, unity and the almighty's blessings."

"Thank you so much." The man said, holding the necklace carefully. "This is probably the most beautiful thing I have ever received. Thank you."

But Praveen didn't like what he heard. It was a wedding chain and he knew exactly what it meant. How could he wear such a thing when his husband didn't even like him?

"Make sure your husbands put those chains around your necks."

"What?" Praveen gasped, feeling his heart pound deep in his chest. "I am so... sorry but I... I don't think I can do that." He was scared. "My husband can't agree to this and besides, why would I wear such a chain when my husband doesn't appreciate me, love me, or even feel anything for me?" He asked, getting even more scared. "A marriage is a union between two people that agree to love, care, and stay with each other. That is something that I lack in my marriage. It is just a charade just like he said to me. I don't even love him and...."

"My son...." The priest took a deep breath. "...just take the chain and make your husband put it around you. The almighty had decided to get you married so don't reject that holy gift."

"But...."

The priest quickly turned and went away from the two of them, leaving Praveen looking at the necklace with pain and... a feeling that he couldn't even describe. He was so confused and he didn't know what to do. Suddenly, he felt a hand on his shoulder that made him quickly looked on his side and smiled when he saw the man looking at him without a smile on his face.

"Are you okay?"

"Err... Yes," He lied.

"I am sorry." He apologized, putting the chain in his pocket. "I didn't mean for you to hear that or see any of that." Then he gave about the most beautiful smile when he saw the chain in the man's hands. "I am sure that chain will look beautiful around your neck when your husband puts it around you."

"So will yours." The man sighed. "But your situation seems really...."

"It is bad." He said. "I shouldn't be telling you this but my marriage was arranged years ago and it's not in the best situation now. Anyway, just forget about that." He smiled. "You were about to tell me your name."

"Yes!" The man resumed his smile, putting the chain in his pocket. "My name is....'

But before he even said his name, Praveen's phone started ringing and he quickly looked at the screen. It was Emilia and Praveen excused himself to answer her...

"Hello, mother!"

"Hey, Praveen." Back at the house, Emilia got out of her chair when she heard his voice. "How are you my darling?"

"I am fine, mother." He said as he gave his best smile. "How have you been?"

"Not fine, I haven't talked to you for two days." She sighed. "I have missed both of you but I didn't wanna disturb you.'

"Not at all, mother." He said in a sincere tone, shaking his head. "You know you can always call me."

"Yeah, but not while you are on your honeymoon." She laughed. "Anyway, how's your honeymoon and how's everything going there."

Praveen remained silent, thinking about what he had been through the past two days with his husband and his lover. It had been really bad but....

"Everything has been fine, mother." He lied, trying to sound as confident as he could. "It's been fun."

"Okay, and where's my son so I can speak to him?"

"Err...." Praveen had to think of something, a lie that could save him. "Well, you see...." He looked all around. "He just went to the men's room a few seconds ago. We are at the temple and...."

"Temple!" Emilia gasped. "Antonio and you are at the temple?"

"Yes!" He closed his eyes slightly, hoping she wasn't gonna suspect anything. "We were just passing by and we saw this beautiful temple so we came to pray.'

"Hmmm," Emilia felt it was a little strange. "Antonio has never loved temples but anyway, extend my greetings to him. I will call you later."

"Thank you."

Praveen cut the call and took a deep breath before he turned and faced the man he was with.

"I am so sorry about that."

"Your mother in law?" The man asked.

"Yes!" Praveen nodded, giving him a half-smile. "Yeah. She was just checking up on me."

"She's good?"

"She's the best and she's done a lot of things for me." He groaned softly.

"You are very lucky." The man said, resting his hand on Praveen's shoulder.

"I am not so sure about that." He chuckled. "Anyway, what's your name?"

"Oh sorry," The man apologized, dropping his hand. "My name is Adrian..." He chuckled happily. "...Adrian Nicholas Miller."

Praveen looked at the man and they both smiled at each other. He felt really happy knowing the man's name and so was Adrian. The boy reminded him so much of himself.

To be continued…

Copyright © 2020 vanalas; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Wow 2
Thanks a lot to everyone that took the time to read my work. I really love you all guys a lot. Don't forget to drop your comments about what you really think about my work
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Finally I hope Adrian is the angel send by God to alleviate the pain Praveen is going thru, let him take Praveen under his wing and make him independent by making him a model as Mike always said he can be a model as he was beautiful ,a model with the glasses on to show Antonio taht four eyed are also beautiful people.

Ethan, you know that Praveen needs rescuing, where are you

Why did Ethan not like Bruce?

  • Love 1
Link to comment
21 minutes ago, long1jo said:

Finally I hope Adrian is the angel send by God to alleviate the pain Praveen is going thru, let him take Praveen under his wing and make him independent by making him a model as Mike always said he can be a model as he was beautiful ,a model with the glasses on to show Antonio taht four eyed are also beautiful people.

Ethan, you know that Praveen needs rescuing, where are you

Why did Ethan not like Bruce?

That would be great. Antonio might just get jealous seeing him with other guys.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..