Jump to content
    vlista20
  • Author
  • 5,678 Words
  • 4,689 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tyler - 17. Chapter 17

Tyler - Chapter 17

When Tyler returned to the Pollock’s at 9:20 he was called into the living room by Mr. Pollock, who as of yet had not said one word to him. The man was sitting in his recliner and lowered the newspaper from in front of his eyes as Tyler walked in and stood in the doorway of the room.

“I understand another boy was here this afternoon.”

Tyler slowly nodded, wondering how he knew as the house had been empty when Connor arrived and when they’d both left. Knowing better then to lie he said, “Yes sir,”

“You are not allowed to have guests in our house son. We took you in, not all your friends. Please tell me you didn’t offer him any of our food?”

“No sir, he was only here for a half hour and then we left.”

“And if something comes up missing you do understand you will be held fully responsible?”

“Yes sir,” he didn’t agree with this reasoning but knew better then to argue.

“I would think you kids would learn a little more respect after being taken in. Don’t they teach you any manners before they ship you off to unsuspecting people’s homes?”

“I’m sorry sir,” was all he said, as shame was billowing through him.

“You will be if anything comes up missing or it happens again. You can go now.” The man fluffed out his paper and held it up over his eyes again, as Tyler turned and left. He quietly walked down to his room not wanting a run in and perhaps another speech from Mrs. Pollock.

He was in his first period class the next morning when the intercom crackled to life. “Tyler Adams to the office please.” He got up ignoring the ewws and ahhs from his classmates, grabbed his pack and took off out of the room without looking at any of them.

The minute he walked into the office, the coach walked up to him then led him down a narrow hallway and into an office with one desk and a couple chairs sitting in front of it. He motioned for Tyler to sit on one of them while he sat down behind the big desk.

“I want you on the team son. What do I have to do to get you to change your mind?”

“Kick everyone else off.” Tyler said, chuckling surprised at his own answer and the apparent lack of brains it took to say it. He relaxed a bit as the coach chuckled himself.

“If it were just you there’d not be a team anymore.”

Tyler nodded as he sat forward in his chair. “I understand that. I was kidding, but sir, I really can’t be on the team anyways I got a job and there’s just not a lot of extra time.”

“Why’d you try out in the first place if you thought you couldn’t do it?”

“Deep persuasion.”

“Connor?” he asked smiling.

Tyler nodded.

“What is your work schedule?”

“It don’t matter sir, I said I don’t want to be on the team.”

“You know those boys are all mouth. If they didn’t have someone to put down they’d be nobody. They are of the intellect that tells them the only way to be cool is to ridicule others. I know you are above that Tyler. So much has gone on in your life, that those trivial things just seem like nonsense to you. Only problem is you have to deal with their ignorance. For me, could you please show them how little their taunts affect you. Show them you are better then all of them because I am damn sure you are.”

Tyler looked at the man, getting the gnawing feeling that he was speaking from experience. “You got picked on too sir?” he asked, his curiosity getting the better of him.

“I’ve told no one this Tyler. And the only reason I’m telling you is because I know you would understand. I want you to know that I still regret to this very day not sticking to my guns and doing what I wanted to do ‘cause of other people.”

Tyler nodded, leaning a little further ahead in his chair his interest most definitely peaked.

The coach leaned back a little and let out a heavy sigh. “I was taken from my parents home when I was ten years old. My mother was real sick and my father was a drunk, a mean drunk that thought nothing of beating up his own kids when he couldn’t find anyone to fight at the bar. From ten on I grew up in children’s homes and foster homes. A few of them were good, many of them weren’t. I was never in one place long enough to make any friends and had plenty of kids that picked on me endlessly for my less then perfect clothing and the fact I was so terribly shy.”

“Their teasing only made it worse, I had plenty of fantasies where I was king popularity, thought that was all I needed to truly be happy. But now, sitting where I do and seeing it from a different point of view I see just how silly those jock popular types are. Their lives leave them with little to challenge them, everything is handed to them. Their merely bored and find teasing those less fortunate a good way to pass their time.”

“If I had known then what I know now, I would have done things so differently. I wouldn’t have been so scared of them. I wouldn’t have let every hateful thing they said about me get to me so. I would have lived my life and let them lead there’s.”

“It wasn’t ‘til my third year in college that, I realized I was just as good as anyone else. That it was my circumstances and not me that was the problem. And until I realized that and, got some confidence things did not start to get better for me. I think you’ve already suffered enough for everyone else’s problems Tyler. I think it’s time you proved, if only to yourself, that you are just as good as anybody else.”

Tyler sat back in his chair his mind whirling. He’d heard that last sentence perhaps hundreds of times. But, for someone reason it, coming from someone who’d actually been where he was before, it seemed to make much more sense. Coach himself had overlooked all the biased attitudes and made something of himself. Had even had the balls to place himself back in a high school environment and be the boss to all the jocks he’d once hated so. His admiration for the man was incredible, and he found himself feeling he’d do anything to please him.

He rubbed his hands together and smiled a small smile. “What time does practice start?” he smiled a little wider at the glee that filled the man’s face, so happy that he could make someone else so happy.

“Starts at 2:45 every day and goes ‘til 4:30. What time do you work?”

“Five to nine. But I work both Saturday and Sunday, so I’ll have to know which weekend days we have meets, plenty of time in advance.”

Coach nodded and reached into his desk, he pulled out a blue sheet of paper with the entire season’s meets written down on it. “We also have practice on Saturday morning’s. What time do you work on Saturday’s?”

“9 to 5.”

“Think there’s anyway you could go in at noon?”

Connor shrugged, knowing Stewart was at work now and wouldn’t be there by the time he got there this afternoon, he asked to use the phone. “I can call him right now and ask. If you want.”

“Sure I want.” Coach was so giddy he nearly dropped the phone as he handed it over. “Just dial nine to get out.”

Tyler dialed the number and Stewart himself answered on the third ring. Tyler said who he was, and Stewart as usual, perked up at even the sound of his voice. “Hey man, what’s up?”

“Well I have yet another favor to ask.” Tyler’s guilt level was through the roof and he almost wished Stewart wasn’t so damn sweet.

“Everything okay?”

“Sure, real good actually. Just, I wanted to join the track team, far as I can tell the only way it will affect my schedule is on Saturday’s. See, there’s practice in the morning.”

“You need Saturday’s off?” he asked, sounding thrilled about the track team thing.

“Not all day, I just wouldn’t be able to come in until afternoon,” he glanced over the schedule. “And there are four Saturdays I’d need off for meets.”

“Do you want to come in Saturday’s Tyler? Because I can give you the whole day off if you want.”

“No I’d like to work like noon to close, I still need to get as many hours as I can.”

“Okay no problem. Does it start this week?”

“If possible.”

“Sure it’s possible. Consider it done. See you at five right?”

“Yes sir, see you then.” He hung up the phone and smiled at the coach. “All set there.”

“Where do you work?”

“Athletic Attic in the mall.”

“Like it there?”

Tyler nodded without hesitation. “Very much. I have a great boss. He just said ‘consider it done.” he said smiling.

“Sounds like a nice guy.” Coach said nodding in agreement. “Okay then, I’ll see you in the gym at 2:45?”

“Yes sir, I’ll be there.”

“You won’t be sorry Tyler. You’ll do great on the team I’m sure, if your performance yesterday is any inkling to what you can do.”

Not so sure he wouldn’t be sorry, but glad the coach was obviously an ally, he smiled as he got up and left the office.

No one teased him at all during practice, in fact no one but Connor spoke to him at all. He got plenty of evil looks when the coach wasn’t present but could deal with those easily enough by simply ignoring them. Though he was exhausted by the time he hit the showers, the burning in his body made him feel good, as though he was actually accomplishing something.

Connor drove him to work, promising to be back at nine to pick him up, despite Tyler’s repeated arguments that he didn’t have to. As he walked into the shoe store he was surprised to find Stewart still there, so surprised he asked him why.

“Dylan called in sick. I’m gonna stay ‘til six then Nick is gonna come in and cover the last three hours.” he nodded his head to the back. “Come with me for a minute.” Planning on going back there to hang his jacket and put his pack in his locker Tyler followed along. Once back there instead of going to the break room Stewart led him into his office.

“I know how you feel about charity Tyler. And I know you don’t like special treatment. But I am so damn proud of you for going out for track, I had to get you something. It’s simply a present from one friend to another so I’d really appreciate it if you accepted it.”

Feeling totally stunned, he reached out and took the wrapped box in Stewart’s hand. He felt honored that Stewart was proud of him, so honored he almost felt like crying as it was an incredible rarity for someone to say they were proud of him. He peeled off the paper and opened the shoe box inside. His face lit up see a pair of Aasics blue and white running shoes. He took one out of the box, knowing even if he’d had to buy his own pair they would be nothing near as nice as what these were.

He looked up at Stewart, a smile filling his face. “This is so nice sir, Thank you so much.”

Stewart nodded, easily seeing just how much Tyler loved the shoes. “You can’t exactly run without the proper shoes, can you.” he took a step forward and gave him a quick hug, his pride for the boy knowing no bounds at that moment.

The night went slow with very few customers which was the norm for a Tuesday night. He was so happy about his new shoes though, he did not care how slowly it dragged on. He was relieved when at finally nine o’clock he and Nick pulled down the metal gate that locked up the store at night and Connor showed up to take him back to the Pollock’s.

The first few weeks of practice went without incident. Just one week before the first meet Connor stayed home sick from school and as the day progressed, Tyler felt more and more insecure about going to practice without him there. He knew Connor was not the only one that saved him from the other kid’s wrath, he knew the coach stayed on full guard as well, yet he couldn’t shake the feeling of dread as the clock ticked closer to 2:45.

Everyone ignored him like usual as they changed up for practice. Throughout practice he was ignored and given plenty of space, again nothing out of the norm. Just as they were doing the last of the sprints he caught a glimpse of someone going down, a couple people away from him and turned to see Kyle Montgomery writhing in pain on the hard gym floor. He rolled onto his back still crying out like a big old baby, then gingerly sat up and grasped his ankle.

The coach as well as the rest of the team all huddled around him while Tyler stood awkwardly off to one side, not really caring the guy had been hurt and thinking he should probably feel guilty about that, as it was not exactly ‘team spirit.’ After more cries from Kyle and some murmured arguments the crowd dispersed and Kyle, now on his feet with his knee bent and the injured ankle in the air behind him leaned into the coach as the coach steadied him.

They all filed off into the locker room where coach got Kyle’s jacket then the two left together Tyler figuring to go off to the hospital. Seeing the look on the other’s faces, Tyler was tempted to just grab his clothes and flee. He remembered the coach’s words though about not running from them his whole life. He sucked in a deep breath walked to his locker, pulled out his towel, shampoo and clothes then took off to the showers.

No persuading from Connor would have made him do track if it weren’t for the separate shower stalls. If he had to shower in one big room, with everyone else, and not one trace of privacy, no convincing, guilting or any sort of persuasion would have gotten him to do it. He paid little attention to the sounds outside of the one stall as he cleaned his body and shampooed his hair. After about five minutes he shut off the water and stepped out into the small changing room that was connected to each one.

He put on his boxers and was just reaching for his pants when he was grabbed roughly by arms through the curtain that separated the changing room from the rest of the locker room. He was pulled out through the curtain, his heart in his throat and waves of panic raging over his entire body. His eyes darted around him as every member of the team that was present that day except for Kyle surrounded him. Punches fell on his body as he fought frantically to get away which only resulted in him being held stronger by more hands.

A hand snaked up behind him and clamped itself over his mouth while he writhed; lashing out with everything he had to get away. He felt his hands and feet make solid contact with their flesh several times but it did nothing to ease the hold several hands had on him. Fists continued to nail him from every direction as he felt himself being pulled away from the showers and over between two rows of lockers.

The many hands that now left him without any form of defense, as they held his arms, wrists, knees, waist and ankles forced him down onto his back on one of the benches. Though he still fought with all he had, he was no match for the dozen other guys that surrounded him. Their faces all a blur through the panic in his mind having no idea what they intended to do with him, but knowing as any fool would, it would not be good.

His arms were forced downward his hands pulled together below the bench leaving his shoulders feeling like they would snap out of their sockets. He felt them being tied together below him so tightly his hands almost instantly became numb. His legs as well were pulled down, them being fastened tightly together at the ankles. Another restraint was tied around his waist leaving him unable to move though the only hand left on him was the one covering his mouth as the other’s all stood and glared down at him.

“We like to initiate new member’s, Tyler.” Mitch sneered down at him already pleased with the bruising he saw forming on Tyler’s mostly naked body, he couldn’t resist but to throw a few more punches in this Tyler’s very vulnerable state. Tyler’s moans only egged him on more and he forced himself to stop as Tyler needed to conscious for the event.

He turned and motioned to Pete behind him. Tyler’s eyes widened in horror as he turned back an electric razor in his hand. “Think of it as more of a present for Connor if you don’t like the initiation idea. I hear hairless is quite the rage nowadays amongst queers.” He nodded to Mark across from him and Tyler squirmed what little he could tears marring his vision as two boys began tugging at his boxers. The shaving was the least of his worries as he realized within seconds now everyone would see his deepest shame.

“That’s it you cry you crazy fuck.” Mitch snarled seeing his tears.

Tyler cursed himself though his mind was much too preoccupied with his ever lowering shorts. The silence in the room for a few seconds after they were pulled down to his thighs was almost deafening. “Oh my God,” Mitch laughed out after his initial shock was contained. “Connor know how deformed you are man? What you got scabies or something?”

About half of the dozen guys erupted in laughter while the others just stared in a shocked silence. “That ain’t scabies Mitch.” Mark said quietly not able to take his eyes off the sight. “That’s a burn.”

Mitch glared down at Tyler, only aggravated further by the sympathy he was hearing in Mark’s voice. The last thing he wanted in this little scenario was for Tyler to gain sympathy. He wanted him hated as badly as he hated him. “Go a little over board with the candle wax did ya?”

Tyler swallowed hard finding, it very hard to breathe now that his nose was stuffed from his crying and the hand still being clamped over his mouth.

“Just let him up.” Pete said, shaking his head from where he was still standing behind Mitch.

“No way man, we gotta finish what we started.”

Mark glared over at him. “No way? It was a stupid idea in the first place. I can’t believe you talked us all into it.” He knelt down and began undoing the restraints. Mitch leaned over to pull him back up, but several hands reached out and stopped him.

“It’s over Mitch. Just let it drop. I don’t know what in hell we thought we’d accomplish anyways.”

Mitch glared at them all his face red as a beet. “You all are a bunch of fucking shits.” He turned angrily and stormed out of the room making sure to slam the door loudly behind him.

His eyes still misted over with tears Tyler sucked in a greedy amount of air as the hand over his mouth moved away. He heard other footsteps retreating, but knew at least one person was still there through his blinding panic as he felt two hands untie his restraints. Even after he felt the last of them being removed, he could not bring himself to move. A fog had formed over his brain and he couldn’t even pull his eyes away from the ceiling.

He sensed a shadow fall over him but could not focus his eyes enough to see who he was. In his shamed confusion, he hoped for the best and quietly said, “Connor?”

Mark leaned in closer to Tyler’s face having, never seen such fear in anyone’s eyes. A fear that seemed so deep and so profound his heart couldn’t help but break a little. “No Tyler, it’s not Connor. Come on you gotta sit up I can’t get your shorts up all the way.”

Tyler made no move, couldn’t seem to figure out how. Mark put his hand under his back and slowly sat him up enough to pull the shorts up. He then hurried over to the showers and grabbed the rest of his clothes. Halfway through putting on his shirt Tyler came to his senses. He caught recognition of Mark and quickly swatted his hands away. “Don’t touch me you fuck.” He snapped, jumping up off the bench and backing away from him grabbing his pants in the process which he put on cowered back against the wall.

His tears started again in full force but he kept his eyes on Mark who was staring back at him dumbly, to make sure he would not be surprised again. “I’m sorry Tyler.” Mark stammered, never having felt as bad about any other prank or the way they’d treated anyone as he did right now.

“JUST SHUT UP.” Tyler screamed as loudly as he could while he stumbled trying to get his damn pants up. Not bothering with his socks he shoved his feet into his sneakers made a wide path around Mark who still seemed frozen where he was and grabbed his pack out of his locker. He left the room, slamming the door as loudly as Mitch had earlier.

Outside the cold wind dried up his eyes, but the shame he felt inside stayed just as strong. He walked, having little other choice, the two miles to work. His mind replaying the incident as he kept his head down, hands shoved in his pockets and trudged through the slushy snow that filled the sidewalk.

He had very little desire to go to work in fact he wanted nothing more then to run to his bedroom at the Pollock’s and hide away under his blankets perhaps for the rest of his life.

At five o’clock sharp he walked into the Athletic Attic, he silently walked into the back room, put his pack in his locker and pulled on his black work pants and red shirt. He took the time out to actually put on socks then slipped on the brown loafers that he reserved for work and kept in his locker there at all times. After he was changed he punched in then walked out onto the sales floor. Nick who was just finishing ringing up a customer walked over to him. “You alright man? You look a little frazzled.”

“Fine,” He muttered in response. “Was there any special things that needed doing tonight?”

“No, just man the customer’s tonight.”

It being a Friday it was a pretty busy night. Tyler went over and over in his head what had happened and argued with himself on exactly what to do as he helped dozens of customer’s pick out their shoes, try them on then ring them up. At nine o’clock he closed up the store with Nick then walked towards the Pollock’s. After four hours of going over it and over it, his mind was made up about halfway home.

Instead of turning down the Pollock’s street he walked past it and onto Connor’s street. He was surprised to see Carol’s car in the driveway and hoped Connor wasn’t so sick that he actually needed her to stay and care for him. He walked up the front step and knocked three times, loudly on the door.

Carol opened it and smiled out at him. “Hi honey. Come on in.”

Tyler stepped over the threshold, stomped the snow off his feet and smiled at her. “How’s Connor?”

“He’s okay, got a pretty nasty cold but nothing he can’t fight off in a couple days. You gonna stay the night?”

“May I?”

“Of course you can hon, open invitation remember?”

He smiled graciously at her. Wanting to hug her, or more so, be held by her as he was still feeling very low, plan or no plan.

“Did you eat? Do you want a sandwich or something?”

He shook his head. “No thank you ma’am. I just wanna see Connor.”

She smiled and nodded not missing the fact he looked much more depressed then usual. “He’s in his room. If you get hungry help yourself to whatever you want okay?” she squeezed his arm as he smiled at her, then let go of him as he turned and walked through the living room and back into the hall.

Opening Connor’s door he quietly crept inside. His heart fell as he saw he was sound asleep in the dim light from the nightlight in the room. He walked over to the bureau where he had his own set of pajamas. He peeled off his clothes slipped on the silky feeling pajamas then pulled the blankets down on the side of the bed that unofficially had become his.

Connor was on his back snoring softly and he couldn’t help but smile at the beautiful sight beside him. He rolled onto his side, fluffed his pillow so he could look at him better, and placed his hand flat out on Connor’s chest a lone finger rubbing the top button of his pajama tops. He stared for about five minutes when Connor started to stir below his hand. As his beautiful eyes opened, Tyler’s flood gates opened again, with little warning and no way to stop them.

Connor sat up quickly. “Hey,” he said quietly his hand rubbing up and down Tyler’s back. “What’s the matter?”

Tyler sniffled, mad at himself again for bawling this way. He pushed himself along the bed ‘til his face was buried in Connor’s stomach. Tear’s smarted Connor’s eyes as Tyler sobbed below him, seemingly clinging onto him around the waist for dear life. He wanted to do anything he could to take his pain away. Having no idea what to do, he rubbed his back and ran his fingers through his hair ‘til Tyler’s cries quieted.

Once they were nothing more then the occasional sniffle, Connor grasped him by the shoulders and pulled him into a sitting position in front of him. Tyler’s head hung down as though he couldn’t bear to look him in the eye, as he shook his head and apologized a few times.

“Why are you apologizing to me Tyler? What’s wrong?” His first and most panicked thought was that Tyler had cheated on him or something. He’d not thought that ‘til the first apology, but now could not think of any other reason why Tyler would be apologizing to him. “Whatever it is, you can tell me, we can work it out.” Though he would be deeply hurt if that was what it was, he’d go on, go on if it were up to him, with Tyler right by his side.

“I didn’t mean to bawl all over you.” Tyler said shaking his head, daring to look Connor in the eye for a bout a second. “I just came here to talk and as soon as I saw you, I just started crying.”

Connor at his wit’s end in frustration just wanting to know what was wrong, took both Tyler’s hands into his own and squeezed them. “If you don’t tell me what’s wrong Tyler, and real damn fast, I may have to strangle myself.”

Tyler looked up into his eyes again and snorted out a slight laugh. “The guys on the team got me today.”

“Got you how?” Connor asked his voice ice cold.

“They beat me up and tied me to a bench. They were gonna shave me, but as soon as they saw how I look,” He stopped, swallowing hard and wiped at a stray tear. “Well they stopped. Mitch had plenty to say about it, but everyone else was just quiet.” He pressed the palms of his hands into his eyes and shook his head. “I just feel so embarrassed. I just laid there and cried.” He sobbed and Connor quickly embraced, him tightly burning with anger at Mitch and the others. “I looked like an idiot. I am an idiot. I shoulda left when I had the chance.” He pressed his cheek into Connor’s shoulder as his arms snaked around him pulling him even closer. “I don’t know why I thought they wouldn’t do anything. The whole damn thing was a set up. They musta started planning it as soon as they found out you were out.”

“What do you mean set up?” Connor asked, his fingers laced through Tyler’s hair.

“Kyle pretended to hurt his ankle. That way the coach had to leave with him to take him to Emergency. That way the others wouldn’t have to worry about him being there to protect me.”

Connor sighed, knowing if he’d had a gun right then he’d hunt everyone of those assholes down and blow their stinking brains out. “Tyler I’m so sorry. I honestly didn’t think they had it in them to be so cruel. I thought they were all mouth I really did. If you don’t wanna do track anymore I won’t say one word about it.”

Tyler untangled himself from Connor’s arms, sat back and looked at him. “I don’t want to quit. After fighting with myself all night long, I’m even more determined now to go through with this.”

Connor’s eyes lit up in complete and total admiration. “God Tyler, I can’t even tell you how proud I am.”

Tyler smiled shyly at him, loving to hear those words. “But you can’t tell anyone what happened. I don’t want the coach going after them. If they get kicked off they won’t be there to see that I’m not bothered.” he let out a bitter laugh. “Course if you don’t tell anyone how I bawled my eyes out right here, I’ll have a better chance of convincing them of that.”

Connor smiled back rubbing his hand up and down Tyler’s arm. “I’m glad you came to me Tyler. I’m glad you cried in my arms. It makes me feel you love me.”

“I do love you Connor. I didn’t think I’d have to cry for you to get you to see that.” Tyler said looking a little hurt.

“Of course I knew it, now I just know it even more.” He leaned in and was rewarded with a deep long and very passionate kiss. “So what are you gonna do?” he asked after sitting back. “Just act like nothing happened?”

“Yeah,” Tyler said with a firm nod. “And kick ass in every damn event I’m in this year.”

Connor whooped in delight as he clapped his hands together. “That’s what I want to hear baby!” he said loudly.

Tyler chuckled and tackled him down onto his back on the bed. Lying on top of him, he kissed every part of his face and neck. They made love quietly then fell asleep in each other’s arms.

Though Connor could have used another day in bed, he was not about to let Tyler face the track team alone. After assuring his mother about a million times that he was back to normal, he and Tyler got into his car at 9:45 and headed for the school. “You can’t say anything to them either Connor, I don’t want them even knowing I told you okay?”

Connor gripped the wheel tightly and nodded, knowing it was going to be very hard facing the assholes and act as though he knew nothing of the terrible thing they had done.

“Just for God sakes, stay by my side.” Tyler added, grinning over at him.

“I am on you like glue babe. You’ll think we are stuck together by the time this practice is over.”

Tyler smiled and squeezed Connor’s thigh. “I know you still don’t feel good, I’m sorry I’m making you go out. I just wouldn’t be able to do this alone and if I miss a day they’ll know it’s ‘cause of them.”

“I wouldn’t let you go alone anyways Tyler. Don’t you worry about me, I’ll only be out two hours then I can go home and sleep the rest of the day.”

Copyright © 2011 vlista20; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 14
  • Wow 1
  • Angry 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Why!! I know the saying strength builds character. Why do people realize after the fact of group abuse that hey maybe it was wrong. And why do people actually figure it's good to talk about it. In this case proving them wrong can be satisfying and will earn confidence but wouldn't it have been better to learn confidence in yourself for yourself rather than having to provide excellent to other people your worth it. But it is a good story even if I spend most of my time with tears flowing down my face.

Link to comment

I'm glad most of the jocks realized they were way over the line. Mitch needs to be kicked off the team. Tyler may want to keep it quiet, but if Mitch blabs his mouth about the scars, the game will be up.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..