Jump to content
    vlista20
  • Author
  • 3,999 Words
  • 4,817 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tyler - 3. Chapter 3

Tyler - Chapter 3

The next morning when he got to work Stewart his boss was there. He’d not been there the day before. He smiled happily as Tyler walked through the back access door. It was only 7:45 and the grate that ran down the front of the store had not been lifted the front doors of the mall not even unlocked yet.

“Good to see you back.” Stewart said giving him a firm quick hug. “How are you feeling?”

“Good as new.”

He smiled warmly at him. “That’s good to hear.” Tyler was one of his best employees. And only recently had he discovered how faithful he was to his job. He’d had no idea of the hell Tyler lived in day after day and commended the boy a great deal for even bothering with showing up for work every day.

He’d thought when he didn’t show that day three weeks ago that he was going to have to fire him. Cause a no call no show was an immediate dismissal. It wasn’t til Robert called the next day and told him what was going on that he’d completely understood and found it an absolutely good reason behind a no call no show.

“Did you get your check?”

Tyler nodded and sagged his shoulders. “You didn’t have to do that sir, I didn’t work you shouldn’t have paid me.”

“Ever heard of sick leave?” he asked raising an eyebrow in his usual don’t argue with me face.

Nodding Tyler smiled at him. “Thank you then.”

Patting him on the shoulder then giving it a reassuring squeeze he nudged him out onto the sales floor. “Want to redo that cleat island with track shoes?”

“Of course.” Tyler’s favorite thing to do was the displays and he loved his boss for letting him do nearly everyone of them in the store. He seemed to be the only one who liked doing it in the first place so he didn’t feel bad about stealing it from anyone else.

It took him most of the morning to finish the display he declined his lunch break knowing he’d be eating out with Connor and spent the last part of his day at work waiting on customer’s.

Connor walked in at about quarter to one looking absolutely stunning in a pair of baggy dark green corduroys and white pull over top. He kept his eyes from bugging out of his head as he walked over to him. “I’m almost done. Then I just gotta change.”

Connor’s face dropped. “But you look so sexy in that.”

Grinning a sort of pleased and surprised grin he glanced down at himself then back at Connor who was grinning back at him. “Well hopefully what I put on will make you think I’m sexy too.”

Connor wanted to tell him he could wear a paper bag and look good but thought maybe he’d better go slow with his flirting with this one. Not that he thought he was brittle just not one too used to compliments. As soon as Tyler disappeared into the back room Robert who had pointed at him the day before hurried over to him.

“Tyler’s my best friend man. And though I’m real happy you two are going out on a date I need to do my best friend duty and tell you I’ll hunt you down and kill you if you ever hurt him!”

Connor looked at the guy who was very handsome himself. “I have no intention of hurting him. Honest.”

Robert’s face relaxed and he smiled. He glanced back at the doorway to the back room then looked back at Connor. “And don’t ever tell him I just came up here and said that to you.” he grinned and Connor grinned back.

“No problem.”

Robert hurried back off to where he’d been stocking shelves and a few minutes later Tyler came out of the back room. He was wearing tan baggy pants a grey plaid shirt. He pulled on his jacket as he walked through the store waving good bye to Robert who waved back.

“Yeah,” Connor said nodding as he looked him over once Tyler was within comfortable earshot. “That looks damn sexy too.”

Tyler smiled casually at him as he pulled on his gloves. “It’s not tight like those pants. I imagine you don’t like that.”

Connor chuckled as they turned and walked side by side out of the store and down the main corridor of the mall their shoulders rubbing together every few steps. “Those pants are an eye catcher. But I’ve always liked baggy clothes on guys. Always makes ‘em look sexy to me.”

Tyler looked him in the eye and smiled. “I agree.”

They walked out of the mall and into the parking lot. “It’s gotten warmer.” Tyler said looking up at the sky which looked like it was gonna dump rain on them any minute.

“I wouldn’t know I just got up two hours ago.”

Tyler looked amazed at this but didn’t say anything.

“What time did you have to come into work?”

“I had to be here at eight.”

“Do you work a lot?”

“Saturday and Sunday and three nights after school. I get 25 hours a week. Gives me spending money.”

“Don’t you get some sort of allowance being a foster kid?” They stopped at his car and Tyler looked it over while Connor unlocked his door.

“This your car? Or your mom’s?”

Connor looked back at him as he rounded the car. “Mom bought it but it’s mine. What did Julie tell you I was a momma’s boy.”

Tyler grinned and shook his head then opened the door and sat down in the front seat. The inside of the car smelled like a mix of Connor’s fine smelling cologne and pine from the pine tree air freshener that was hanging from the volume button on the stereo.

The driver’s side door opened and Connor sat down. Tyler looked at him apologetically. “What?” he asked looking back at him.

“Sorry I didn’t unlock your door.”

Connor’s mouth opened humorously and a small quiet laugh came out of his mouth. “It’s okay, if you are new to this dating thing like I am then I can see where it would be forgotten.” He put the key in the ignition and the car came to life. “You got your license?”

“No,”

He nodded as he moved the gear shift down and to the right into reverse. “So what did Julie come right out and say ‘he’s a momma’s boy.”

Tyler laughed and shook his head. “I was just digging her for information. She said don’t ever pick on your mom cause you’d knock my block off. I’m not sure what that means but I don’t imagine it’s good.”

Connor nodded as he chuckled looking ahead of him now as he put the car in first. Once they were on the road and in third he popped a CD into the stereo and set the volume on low.

“So don’t you get an allowance from the state?”

Tyler sighed. “You aren’t gonna ask me foster kid questions all day are you?”

“No I was just curious.” Connor figured if he didn’t want to talk about it he wasn’t gonna make him at least on a first date. The way he had their future planned out he would have plenty of time to pry.

“Well there is one but the foster kids rarely see it. The foster parents take it and just say they gave it to the kids.” his voice was bitter and he hated himself for it as he thought it made him look like a whiner.

“Well that really sucks.”

He shrugged. “I like working anyways. And working at the shoe place is great. Everyone is real nice and I think I must be a kiss ass cause the boss really likes me.”

Connor glanced at him and laughed. “You’re funny.”

Having never heard that one before he looked back at him in surprise then slowly smiled. “And you’re very cute.”

A little amazed he was suddenly seeming so forward Connor went with it as he loved it. “You’re one hot number yourself. You ever had a boyfriend before?”

“Once. Guy turned out to be an ass so I’ve been single for a while now. I don’t wan to be single anymore though.”

“You and that guy that works with you seem real close.”

“Robert?” he asked then figured it had to be. “He’s straight. Just my best friend. Well not just. Makes it sound like best friends don’t mean much. And I love Robert a lot. Just not in that way.”

“It’s great to have friends like that.” He tried not to sound sad but the way Tyler looked curiously at him made him think he didn’t do that good a job.

“Well maybe if you have a boyfriend you won’t miss yours so much.”

Connor looked back at him and rolled his eyes. “You dug a lot didn’t you?”

Tyler nodded sheepishly. “Yeah, well I just asked one question she was like a fountain of knowledge. Sorry.”

Shrugging Connor looked back at the road. “It’s no big deal. I haven’t got much to hide. Do you think I’m a big baby feeling the way I do about Bobby?”

“Don’t be silly.” Tyler said shaking his head. “He’s your best friend of course you’d be sad when he started spending all his time with someone else. It wouldn’t be normal not to.”

Connor parallel parked the car on a street which was normally pretty busy but being Sunday there was very little traffic and only a few cars parked along the sidewalks.

“Well this is it.”

The only thing that gave the building any trademark at all was a small rainbow sticker that he noticed once they reached the door. It was dead center in the middle of the door nearly hidden by the handle. “Lots of advertising huh?”

Connor shook his head as he opened the door then let Tyler walk in first elated this hot guy was with him and so glad everyone here would know it by the time they left.

They stopped in front of a window with a boy about their age behind it. “Hey Nicky.” Connor said kindly. The boy behind the window set his elbows on the counter and put his chin in his hands he looked up at Tyler and smiled. “He with you?” he asked looking back at Connor.

“Yes, try not to sound so shocked.”

Nicky grinned. “Sorry, just used to seeing you straggling in alone.”

“Just shut up and give us our tickets.”

Chuckling Nicky ripped two tickets from a roll of them and handed them both to Connor. Connor turned away from him and handed one to Tyler. “Just keep it in your pocket. I doubt anyone will ask you for it.”

Tyler grinned as he shoved the ticket in his back pocket. Ahead of them was a corridor and they took the first door on the right. Now they were in a huge room with several other couples either playing pool, playing cards around a table, or just sitting and talking in groups. One of the kids in one of these groups looked up at them and every other head in the group looked at them like a domino effect.

Tyler sensing what was going on took Connor’s hand and squeezed it. “Those your friends?”

His heart pounding in his chest at the touch of that hot guy’s strong hand over his Connor managed a nod. He squeezed the hand around his own then walked over to the group. They all smiled hugely up at them. “Whose your friend?” A dark haired guy with a few scattered freckles was the first one to speak.

“This is Tyler Adams. Tyler, this is Mark Whycott.” He said gesturing to the dark red haired boy, “this is Tony Cogswell.” He pointed to the guy on Mark’s right that was holding Mark’s hand this one was cuter but none in the group were in his opinion as cute as Connor which made him wonder how come Connor was single for so long. Mark, Tony, and the two other guys introduce as Matt and Ben all looked very happy for Connor. Not at all like they were thinking ‘holy shit the loser got himself a guy.’

“You went to Seacrest for a while didn’t you?” Ben asked his eyes having that ‘he looks familiar’ glow.

“A few months.”

“Yeah I thought you looked familiar. Last year right?”

Tyler nodded Sea crest hadn’t been a bad school much better then Washington and way better then Kenwood where he’d been outed shortly after arriving causing his rest of his stay there to really suck. “You guys want to join us?” Mark asked.

“We have to get something to eat first. Maybe we’ll be back later.” They walked through that room and off into another where there were round tables set up and it was much darker. At one side was a dance floor but no one was dancing. They sat down at a table in a corner and picked up the menu’s that were lying there. “They’ve got good food here. Get whatever you want it’s my treat.”

Tyler looked at him over the menu. “I got money you don’t have to pay.”

“I asked you out, that’s the way it works. I do know that much.”

Tyler nodded then looked back down at his menu.

When a waiter appeared a few minutes later he set it down and smiled at Connor whose was already done and sitting patiently. “What’ll it be boys.” The waiter who couldn’t have been much older asked poising his pen over a notepad.

Connor nodded to Tyler who looked up at the waiter. “I’ll have cream of broccoli soup and grilled cheese please. With a small Pepsi.”

He nodded and wrote it all down then turned to Connor who ordered a club sandwich with fries and a Pepsi as well.

“So Connor’s an original name. How did your mom come up with it?”

“Actually my real name is Connery.” he looked off into space and tapped his finger against his lips. “Now my mom being a child of the sixties certain famous actors were much younger and I’m hoping more handsome.”

Tyler started to grin. “Sean Connery?”

Connor nodded. “But not long into elementary school when kids started calling me coronary I decided to shorten it up. I like Connor better. Don’t you?”

“Much.” he held up his hand off the table. “No offense to your mom of course.”

Connor laughed and ran his tongue quickly across his upper lip. “No offense taken. So do you like living with Julie?”

Tyler’s eyes lit up as he nodded. “She’s so incredibly nice. She drives me back and forth to work. She sits and talks to me. She let me use her computer.”

Nodding Connor smiled though he was thinking that’s what any decent person would do and didn’t quite understand why he was acting so honored about it. “Do you like her parents?”

He shrugged as he looked up at the waiter who set their drinks down. He picked up the straw peeled off the wrapper and stirred it around in his drink. “They’re not around much. Fine by me.” He shrugged again then leaned in and took a sip before sitting back up and stirring again. “So how come you don’t have a boyfriend.” He asked looking him over. “I think you’re real nice and very cute. How is it you stayed single?”

Connor shrugged. “Well you saw me flirting yesterday.” he grinned. “Maybe that has something to do with it.”

Tyler’s face lit with humor. “Was you telling me you had big feet flirting?”

Connor turned a little red and chuckled nervously. “Haven’t you ever heard what they say about people with big feet?”

Tyler shook his head.

Looking around them to make sure there was no one in earshot he then leaned forward over the table. “It sometimes is an indicator to the size of someone’s goods.”

His eyes widened and he chuckled a bit more. “So is it true with you?”

A wry grin slipped across Connor’s face. “Well I like to think so.”

After a blissful afternoon of playing pool and talking with a lot of other kids at the center Connor drove Tyler home at around eight o’clock. “Sit with me tomorrow at lunch?” he asked as he parked the car in front of Julie’s house.

“Since you asked it doesn’t mean you are gonna pay for my lunch there to does it?”

Connor put his hands in his lap and shook his head. “No I won’t insist on that.”

Tyler who had turned to the door and was starting to open it turned back to Connor. “I had a lot of fun. Want to go out again next weekend?”

“Yes please.”

Tyler leaned over and kissed him quickly on the cheek. “Just remember I asked.” He said as he got out of the car winked at him then closed the door behind him.

Connor’s hand flew to his cheek the minute the door closed. It seemed to be radiating fire from the heat of the kiss and he was tingling all over wondering what in hell would happen when they kissed on the lips. Like maybe he’d spontaneously combust or something. He knew now after spending a day with Tyler that they guy was in no way an asshole. He also knew that there was way more special things about him then just his incredible hot looks.

Instead of going home he went to Bobbie’s and rang the doorbell jumping from foot to foot on the front step partly from cold and partly from excitement. Bobby opened the door a few seconds later his eyes panicked. “Man what are you doing here. I got four hours of homework to do.”

Connor’s heart sank a little but he didn’t give into his sadness. “You should have done it over the weekend instead of fucking all weekend long.” He brushed past his friend and into the foyer of their house.

“What crawled up your ass?” Bobby asked closing the door.

Connor looked right into the diningroom then left into the livingroom. He looked up the stairway ahead of him then back at Bobby. “Where’s Rick?”

“He went home a little while ago. Why do you hate him so Connor?” Bobby’s voice was calmer now as he took Connor by the arm and led him into the livingroom.

“I don’t hate him.” Connor said as he let himself be pulled down onto the couch beside Bobby.

“Oh, how was your date?” his eyes lit up and he clasped his hands together.

Connor immediately softened even allowed a little time to curse himself for being so touchy in the first place as Bobby was still Bobby and he knew he was being way to hard on him for not spending much time with him anymore. He leaned back against the couch and sighed with satisfaction. “That guy is not just cute. He’s amazing in every way.”

“You had sex?”

Connor chuckled and put his hand on Bobby’s. “No, don’t let your mind run away with you. He’s just real nice I mean. And funny too. And smart. And responsible he works twenty five hours a week. That’s actually bad news for me but it shows he’s got ambition you know? I feel like a slump around him.”

Bobby shook his head and put a strong hold on Connor’s knee which he cried out from and wriggled it away.

“You aren’t a slump you wanted to work. Your mom wouldn’t let you.”

“But I still suck at school I don’t have any drive. He’s got drive.”

“So you gonna ruin what could be a great thing cause you think this guy is too good for you?” He shook his head. “Now that would be stupid.”

Connor laid down on his back and put his head up in Bobby’s lap. Bobby smiled at him as he ran his hands through his hair. “I think Rick is wrong in this one Connor. I think his mom has him prejudice against these kids. They aren’t all bad. Kid’s don’t choose to be foster kids and they don’t choose for their parents to not be in their lives. If you want my opinion I say go for it. Yesterday at the mall he seemed like a real sweet guy to me. Not full of himself. Not an ass. I think he’s great for you.”

“Course I want your opinion it means way more to me then Rick’s.”

“So are you gonna answer my question?”

“What question?” He didn’t remember any question and looked up at him curiously.

“Why don’t you like Rick?”

“I like him fine. I just always feel like a third wheel, I guess I’m just jealous.”

Bobby smiled warmly as he cupped his hand over the top of Connor’s head. “I’m sorry dude. I know I haven’t been around much for you. But you are still my best friend and you always will be. I guess I’m just caught up in love.”

Connor sighed and nodded. “I know, I also know I have no right to be jealous but I can’t help it if I am.”

“Well if things go well for you and Tyler I should be the one to be feeling jealous soon.”

“Where’s your parents?”

“It’s Sunday night where do you think.”

Connor nodded as he rolled his eyes and sat up. “They unclench at all yet about you?” His parents were devout Christians he hadn’t come out to them instead he’d been caught red handed or in this case red dicked. They’d come home early from church one Sunday morning and caught Rick and Bobby in Bobby’s room their dicks in each other’s hands. His parents spent a month screaming at him telling him he was gonna go to hell. They’d tried to get him into a treatment center but Bobby had outright refused even packed up to move out but his parents wouldn’t allow that either. So now they just completely ignored the fact he was around only yelling at him every now and then.

“No, they’ve got a new trick now. They hide tracts in my lunch and on my bed. Like some stupid little praise god flyer is gonna change anything.”

“That must really suck. I don’t know what I would have done if my mother reacted that way.”

“Knowing you, you would have pretended you were straight.” Bobby said grinning though he admired the hell out of Connor and his deep love and respect for his mother. Not many kids his age would admit to loving their mother so. A lot did but would rather not act like it in their strive to be cool. “I still have to write that paper on who I admire most. Can I use your mom?”

“You could but it wouldn’t be your family.”

“Who did you use?”

Connor laughed as he knew full well Bobby was only jerking him around as anyone who knew him knew who he would do the assignment on. “Why don’t you use your uncle? You know the gay one?”

“Charlie?” Bobby asked raising his eyebrows looking like he thought that was a good idea. “I haven’t talked to him in months.”

“Yeah but you know his whole story.”

“Great idea.” He pulled Connor roughly to him then slopped a big wet messy kiss all over his forehead. Pulling back Connor made a face and wiped off the excess spit. Bobby stood up. “Now I’m sorry your jealous and sad and all that.” he pointed over at the door. “But get the hell out I got work to do.”

Connor grinned as he stood up. “I’m gone, see you tomorrow.”

Copyright © 2011 vlista20; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Love 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Ohh, teen boys who actually communicate intelligently. :wub:  I'm in love with this story.

Edited by Timothy M.
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

I’m too interested like Tyler on why Connor has more or less remained single, yet is so open to being with Tyler. Must be something about Tyler :P

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..