Jump to content
    Westley D.
  • Author
  • 341 Words
  • 447 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tuct Side - 46. Some unfortunate (and hopefully fortunate) news...

*sigh*

Bad news and good news.

Bad news first:

I hate to do this. I promised myself I wouldn’t with this story, but I’m at the end of my rope with it. I haven’t been in the mood to continue this story because it’s seeming endless at this point. I have all the plotlines in my head and what I want to get done, but the build-up is what’s killing my creative mood.

And it all stems back from the one thing that I should’ve done in the first place:

Make a damned outline.

Now, everything feels like it’s repeating and I’m writing scenes that are just plain filler. I don’t think I’m getting anywhere. The main issues that I had were:

- West and Neil’s hatred was supposed to be mutual and last for a lot longer than it did.

- Neil was supposed to be a lot more aggressive and mean to point where he would bully West.

- I feel like West’s photography interest was thrown to the wayside and flipping from the past to future was getting a bit tedious.

Many more problems arose and all because I didn’t have that handy thing called an outline. This story will be discontinued for a while, but that’s where the good news comes in:

I haven’t completely given up on this tale. This version cannot go on for the sake of my own sanity, BUT once I finish Canaan Club and a couple of other WIPs, I’ll be sure to start this story over again with an actual outline on hand instead of going off feelings.

A huge thanks to anybody who stuck around to read and comment. Very insightful and several of you coming so close to guessing what happens next, I wondered if you were reading my mind from afar.

I do hope you migrate over to Canaan Club since I have an outline for that, but if you prefer to wait for this story to start up again, then until then!

Thanks again!

-WD

Copyright © 2021 Westley D.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Thank you for your update and explanation. I am sorry you were not able to convey the ideas that mattered to you. I am glad you have found a solution and intend to restart the story later with an outline. West and Neil are compelling people to me. I am going to want to see how you revise and reform them to fit your voice, Good Luck!  BTW, I am reading tour new story and like it.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..