Jump to content
    wolfwriter
  • Author
  • 3,193 Words
  • 3,136 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Love Bite - 4. Chapter 4

Damon’s POV

I couldn’t let Spencer take my beloved away from me, I had been looking for him for far too long. Seeing Spencer standing over my defenseless beloved made my blood boil. I knew my eyes were blood red, but at that moment in time I didn’t care.

“What are you doing here, Spencer?” I spat.

“I am here to take what you and your ‘sister’ took from me. Imagine my surprise when I found out the two of you shared a beloved. It pays to have a source inside the Council. I could now hurt both of you and get my revenge at the same time.”

“He’s done nothing to you; he’s innocent. Kill me instead,” I pleaded as I slowly started to walk toward the bed where Tyler was resting.

I could tell through our bond that he was on the verge of waking and I wanted to keep Spencer’s focus on me, so he would not notice when Tyler was awake.

“Why would I do what you request? You didn’t heed my pleas when your sister killed Orga.”

“It was kill or be killed, Gwyn had no choice. She was defending herself from your beloved.”

“So the two of you claimed,” he snarled, showing me he didn't believe that to be true. “That's of no consequence now that I have my revenge, but why would you want this monstrosity? He’s not worthy of being like us.”

“He’s not a monstrosity, he’s my beloved and he’s perfect for me.” I noticed Tyler had woken up but had not moved from where he was laying.

“Seeing what I have come here to do is done, I offer you an additional warning. Even if he somehow manages to survive the transition, he should not be allowed to live. He’s not good for anything but scaring children. I will be keeping an eye on you, so if he survives and you don’t kill him, I will come back and kill you both.” Spencer walked to the window and jumped out. When I ran over he had already been swallowed up by the pitch black darkness.

I heard the sheets rustle and glanced over to notice that Tyler had sat up in the bed. As I looked at him closely, I was amazed by the sight in front of me. He was gorgeous before, but now he was absolutely breathtaking. His tan skin had paled a little, so it made it appear as if his facial features had sharpened. His high cheekbones were now well defined and gave his face a more angular appearance, but the most stunningly beautiful feature was his shining hazel eyes that twinkled like diamonds.

Tyler’s POV

I woke to a strange man standing above me talking crap to Damon, but Damon stood up for me and said I was perfect for him. The next thing I knew, the man jumped out the window and disappeared. Damon ran to the window to see where he went, but then turned toward me when I sat up in the bed. He just stood there staring at me for a few seconds, so I wondered if I had something on my face or if I had somehow become disfigured when I transitioned. I knew I was considered handsome before, but it worried me that he now wouldn’t want me, even though he had just stood up to the other guy.

“Do I have something on my face?”

That seemed to snap Damon out of his daze. “No, you look incredible. I’m sorry, but your fantastic features stunned me for a bit.”

I'm sure I must have blushed after he'd said that, so I quickly tried to change the subject.

“Where’s Domonique?”

“She’s downstairs, but there’s something you should know,” he added, as he suddenly became gloomy. In fact, Damon looked so sad that all I wanted to do was wrap my arms around his body and hug him. Intending on doing just that, I climbed out of the bed and walked in his direction. As I drew closer, I realized something else was terribly wrong.

“What’s the matter? Is she hurt?” His expression had me very worried. We hadn’t completed the mating, but there was a part of me that already cared for her.

“I hate to have to tell you this, because we've just started the mating process, but Nique was injured in the fight downstairs.”

“Well let’s go make sure she’s ok then.” I turned toward the bedroom door and started to walk in that direction when he grabbed my arm and stopped me.

I turned to look at him and saw the pain on his face, along with tears starting to roll down his face. “She was killed by one of Spencer’s vampires.”

I didn’t know what to think, I had only just met them, but they were important to me and it was unthinkable that one of them had been taken from me so soon; I felt as if a part of my heart had been ripped out when he told me this, so I crumbled to the ground and cried. I felt Damon kneel beside me and then he wrapped his arms around my body from behind. He pulled me against his chest and held me while I cried, as I mourned the loss. We stayed like that for what seemed like hours, both of us crying for Domonique.

***

Damon fell asleep as he hugged me. When I noticed it, I slipped out of his grasp, picked him up, and put him to bed. I wasn’t tired so I decided to go downstairs and see what damage had been done to their house.

When I got there, it looked like a massacre had happened. There were bodies everywhere and blood was splattered all over the walls. I didn’t know what to do with the bodies, but I knew they couldn’t stay in the foyer.

I set about stacking them up just inside the door and left them there until Damon told me what to do with them. I kept Domonique's body separate from the others so we could perform a proper burial for her. Once those things had been taken care of, I went in search of a mop, a bucket, some sponges, and some cleaning solution. I found everything I needed in the cabinet off of the kitchen. I spent the next several hours scrubbing the walls and the floor until it was as clean as I could get it. I was on my hands and knees scrubbing when Damon ran downstairs frantically.

“What are you doing down here?” he screamed.

“I’m cleaning up Spencer’s mess. I wasn’t sure where to put them, so I stacked the bodies right there.” I pointed to the pile on the tarp next to the door. “I found a tarp and laid them on it so I could get the floor clean. I kept Domonique separate, because I feel she deserves a special burial. I don’t care about the others, but she needs something special done for her.”

While I was talking, Damon walked over to where I was standing and wrapped me in his arms. “Shhh, it’s ok. Thank you for thinking of what we should do for Nique. The others I don’t care about, but you’re right and she does deserve something special.”

He walked over to the tarp, grabbed one end and gestured for me to grab the other. We then picked the tarp up and carried the bodies outside, before dropping the tarp in the middle of the front yard. Once that was done, he disappeared behind the house.

“What do you plan on doing with the others?” I asked as he walked out from behind the house carrying a shovel.

“I’m going to burn them,” he said as he began to dig.

“Then why are you digging a grave?”

He stopped and turned to face me. “The grave is for Nique, so she can be buried properly and be at rest.”

“Ok.” I walked back into the house to finish cleaning the foyer.

When I was done, I carried Domonique’s body out to where he had dug her grave. I knelt down and gently placed her body into the box that Damon had set in the grave for her to rest in. Once the box had been covered with the lid, he started to shovel the dirt back into the hole. I walked over to the tarp of bodies, poured the contents of a five-gallon gasoline can onto them, (it was going to take a lot more than a can of lighter fluid to get rid of the bodies.) lit a match, tossed it on the pile and watched them burn. I felt a hand on my shoulder and knew it was Damon, so I leaned back and took some comfort from him.

“We are going to need to leave here and go somewhere else so I can keep you safe from Spencer.”

“Why does he hate you guys so much that he wants to take me away from you?”

“I will explain it all to you later, but for now let’s get packed up and head out.” He grabbed the hose to put the fire out, so the front yard wouldn’t be set ablaze as well.

“I don’t have anything here to pack.”

“I know, love. We’ll stop at your place, pack some of your clothes, and grab whatever keepsakes you want to bring with you. We can always come back later for anything you forget.” We walked into the house and headed upstairs to his room.

“I just need to get my clothes and maybe a few other things. My mom won’t be happy about this, so you might want to be prepared. My brother, Jon, has cut her out of his life because she would not accept he was gay, or that his mate was a wolf. She can be pretty prejudiced and doesn’t care how she looks to others. Dad tried to rein her in, but so far has been unsuccessful. She has since decided that she can’t choose our mate for us and is finally coming to terms with Jon being gay.”

“I’m sure she’ll be fine with us. I never considered myself gay and always expected my beloved to be female. That's why I was so shocked when I found you.”

“I hope you’re right, but I can’t help but feel this won’t end well at all.” I sat on his bed and watched as he pulled out some suitcases, which he promptly started to fill with clothes.

As he threw the clothes on the bed, I folded them and carefully set each item in the suitcase so they wouldn’t get wrinkled. After about twenty minutes, he moved on to his dresser, but that was stuff that was already folded so he merely placed them inside. He had kept out a pair of red boxers with little hearts on them; I was so not expecting those. He then took them into the bathroom with him and I heard the shower come on, so I knew he was getting cleaned up. He had left the suitcase with his pants and casual shirts open, so I left it that way.

When I looked down at my clothes. I realized I needed to shower too, but I didn’t have anything to change into. That was a drawback to being kidnapped, although I didn’t consider myself kidnapped any longer and would not willingly leave him.

I sat there and waited for Damon to get out of the shower. When the door eventually opened, he stepped out in a billow of steam. My dick hardened instantly when I saw him; there was just something about the sight of Damon wrapped in steam with his hair wet and six-pack on display.

He seemed to have forgotten I was sitting there, because he stopped in his tracks when he saw me.

“You going to take a shower?” he asked.

“Yeah, but I need something to change into.”

“Alright, let me get you a pair of sweats and a t-shit.” He walked over to the bed, dug through one of his suitcases, and pulled out a navy t-shirt and a pair of light grey sweatpants for me.

“Can I possibly borrow some boxers too?”

“Do you think they will fit? You are wider in the hips and have bigger leg muscles than me. I don’t want you to be uncomfortable.”

“You’re right, they probably would be too tight and I don’t want to ruin your clothes. I’m used to my t-shirts being a little snug and apparently you like your sweats really loose on you.”

“I actually don’t normally wear sweats. Nique and I generally kept clothes of varying sizes just in case they were needed.” At the mention of Nique's name, Damon got a little emotional and I saw a few tears start to slide down his face, before he sniffled and wiped them off his cheeks.

“Alright then, I’m gonna go get a shower so we can go.”

“Use my bathroom.” He gestured to the room he had come out of. I grabbed the clothes he had in his hands and made my way into the bathroom to take my shower.

***

When I came out of the bathroom, Damon was sitting on the bed in a worn pair of black jeans and a white t-shirt. He looked as good in clothes as he did in just his boxers. I could feel my inner bear trying to take control and finish the mating, but I didn’t feel either one of us was ready for that with everything else that had happened recently. Besides, we needed to get on the road so we could stop at my parents' house. I needed to pack my clothes and get into something that fit me better.

“You ready?” he asked as he stood up and gave me a once over.

“Yeah, let’s get this show on the road.” We grabbed his suitcases and headed out to his SUV.

I powered up the GPS and inserted my address into it right after I had climbed inside. He shut the back door, climbed into the driver’s seat, and turned the ignition. We were soon pulling out of the driveway and were on our way. I wasn’t tired, but I have the habit of falling asleep if I’m not the one driving. While I didn’t know him very well yet, I figured he was the quiet type so I leaned my head against the window and closed my eyes.

***

I woke when I felt the car start to slow down and the GPS announced, “Your destination is on the right.”

I opened my eyes and saw my parents' house up ahead on the right. “Go ahead and pull into the driveway; we shouldn’t be here for very long.”

“Ok.” He nodded his head and did as I suggested.

As he shut off the ignition, I climbed out and made my way to the front door. I waited until he caught up with me a few seconds later, before I turned the door knob and walked inside. I could hear someone upstairs, along with someone in the kitchen. I only saw mom’s car in the driveway, so I figured it was her and one of the twins, since they tended to share everything. I often wondered what would happen when they found their mates.

“Hey honey, who’s this?” Mom asked as she walked out of the kitchen.

“This is my mate, Damon.” I reached out, took his hand in mine and pulled him closer to me, since I wasn’t sure how she would react to another of her sons having a male of another species as a mate.

“Why didn’t you say you wanted to be with a guy? I would have understood, but bringing home a vamp is simply unacceptable.”

“Well we’re here to get my clothes and then we’re leaving.” I pulled him up the stairs to my room so I could get packed.

I was busy packing my clothes when my brother Alex walked into my room. “Hey man, I’m happy you found your mate. Don’t worry about Mom, you know how she is about her precious boys coming home with a male mate. It ruins her thoughts of grandbabies and now it is left up to me and Kyle; not that we mind of course.” He smirked as he flopped down on my bed.

“Damon this is my brother, Alex. He’s one of two, he has a twin brother named Kyle; than there’s our oldest brother, Jon. He and his mate, Tim, live a few hours from here in Moses Lake. The twins haven’t found their mates yet, but mom is depending on them having women for mates, especially now that you and I are mates.”

“It’s nice to meet you, Alex. I wish Nique was here to meet your family, my love.”

“Me too, Damon. Me too.”

“Who’s Nique?” Alex asked.

“She and I grew up together and everyone thought we were actually siblings. We thought of each other as siblings, but she was also your brother’s mate. That was until she was killed earlier today by a mad man and his army.”

“Is it safe for Tyler to be with you then, if you have crazy people after you?” he asked, before turning to his brother. “How the hell did you get two mates and vampires no less?”

“I honestly don’t know how I ended up with two vampires for mates, but I wouldn’t change it for anything in the world.”

“And to answer your question, yes, he is safe with me. I would die before I let anything or anyone harm him.”

“I’m sure you would have died to protect your sister too, so I’m glad to hear that. Take care of my little bro.” I zipped my last suitcase up and walked around the bed to hug Alex as he stood up. He and Damon shook hands before they grabbed my suitcases and helped me carry them down to the SUV, so Damon and I could get on the road.

“Give Kyle my love and I will stay in contact with you guys. If you talk to Jon before I do, please let him know about Damon.”

“Sure thing, Little Man.” He ruffled my hair before he wrapped me in hug. I had hoped Mom would come out to say good-bye, but I knew she wouldn’t. We climbed in and Damon backed down the driveway. I waved at Alex the entire time, before we drove off in the direction we had come from.

“Where are we going?” I asked Damon as I leaned against the window.

He turned the radio down a little and said, “I was thinking we could head to Wales, so I can show you where I come from.”

“It’s a good thing I grabbed my passport then, huh?”

He glanced over at me and smiled for the first time since I had woken up. “Yeah it is.”

Copyright © 2017 wolfwriter; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 31
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

So Spencer has a source in the Council. That is something that should be shared with the Council sooner rather than later.

 

Alex's statement, I’m sure you would have died to protect your sister too... , is rather odd and could be viewed as sarcastic considering Damon's sister is dead.

 

Wales sounds like a great place for them to go to begin their life together.

Link to comment
On 05/30/2015 02:42 AM, drpaladin said:
So Spencer has a source in the Council. That is something that should be shared with the Council sooner rather than later.

 

Alex's statement, I’m sure you would have died to protect your sister too... , is rather odd and could be viewed as sarcastic considering Damon's sister is dead.

 

Wales sounds like a great place for them to go to begin their life together.

It will be dealt with. Alex's statement wasn't meant to be sarcastic, just an unthinking comment.

 

Thanks for reading and the review.

Link to comment

Good chapter, wolf, but I echo drpaladin's thoughts. I know Alex wasn't being sarcastic, but that was the first thing that popped into my head when he said it.
I'm sorry that Nique had to meet such a fate, especially from such a guy as Spencer...he really needs to be dealt with by the community at large, but with a spy on the Council, I can see him getting inside help. I hope Damon realizes that he can no longer inform them of any data regarding his whereabouts?
Does it seem that this is moving a little fast--usually you spend more time on developing the scene? Still an awesome idea and eager for more!

Link to comment
On 06/04/2015 05:16 AM, ColumbusGuy said:

Good chapter, wolf, but I echo drpaladin's thoughts. I know Alex wasn't being sarcastic, but that was the first thing that popped into my head when he said it.

I'm sorry that Nique had to meet such a fate, especially from such a guy as Spencer...he really needs to be dealt with by the community at large, but with a spy on the Council, I can see him getting inside help. I hope Damon realizes that he can no longer inform them of any data regarding his whereabouts?

Does it seem that this is moving a little fast--usually you spend more time on developing the scene? Still an awesome idea and eager for more!

Yrah the story is moving a little fast but it will slow down in a little while.

 

Thanks for reading and the review

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..