Jump to content
    wolfwriter
  • Author
  • 3,788 Words
  • 2,574 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Love Bite - 8. Chapter 8

Tyler’s POV

I was nervous about meeting Damon’s friends, but I also knew he wouldn’t let any harm come to me. I had heard many stories about vampires and none of them were good. Growing up we were warned that vampires were blood thirsty monsters, but Damon and Nique seemed to be the complete opposite.

“Liebling, do you think your friends will like me?” I asked.

“Cariad, they will love you because you are my beloved. They are not like the vampires that I’m sure you grew up hearing about. They simply want to live their life without the drama.”

“So, they’re like normal everyday people?”

“Yes, with the exception of needing to drink blood, unless they want to age like everyone else.”

“How often do you feed?”

“I feed when necessary and even then it’s usually from the blood bank for the simple fact that it can be a sensual act. Now that I’ve found you, I will never feed from a live person other than you, unless it’s absolutely needed.”

I thought about it for a minute and didn’t want him to be hurt by not feeding, but I wasn’t sure about that aspect for myself. It was the main drawback I had found to being a vampire. I was just glad I didn’t have an overwhelming desire for blood.

“Shouldn’t I have needed to feed already?” I asked.

“I honestly have no clue because I haven’t heard about a shifter being turned. I would think you’re fine until you begin to thirst for it.”

“Alright, if you don’t need to feed often, wouldn’t it be ok to feed from me when it's required?”

“What if we’re both injured? What would we do then?”

“We could drink the blood from the blood bank then wouldn’t we?” I asked.

“Well with the blood bank blood there is no guarantee about the age of the donor was when the blood was given, but I believe it would be fine for our needs. I don’t want you to do anything you’re uncomfortable with.”

“What difference does the donor’s age make?” I asked.

“Well, their age and health will determine the vitality of the blood. Now this doesn’t mean we drink from children, because that’s absolutely horrendous. I personally refuse to feed off of someone under eighteen.”

“Thank you, Liebling.” I wrapped him in my arms and went to kiss him on his cheek, but he turned at the last minute and caused our lips to meet.

I pulled away a little bit as he turned in my arms, but he wrapped his arms behind my neck and drew my face to his. As he claimed my mouth in a kiss, it started off sweet and slow with him nibbling on my lips. He swiped his tongue along the seam and asked for entrance, which I gladly gave. My hands went to his hips and pulled him as close as possible. I took control of the kiss and slid my tongue into his mouth with a purpose.

We were brought out of our lust induced haze by the knocking on the front door. I pulled away and leaned my forehead against his as we tried to calm our breathing.

Whoever was on the other side of the door knocked again and said, “Come on Rhys; I know you’re in there. I can smell you.”

Damon chuckled and said, “That’s Kevin and Ursula. I smell many vampires with them. I think you’re right about people sleeping on the floor.” He gave me a quick peck before he went to let them in.

“Took your sweet time, Rhys,” said a tall, burly man when the door opened.

“Well I’m sorry, but I was busy with my beloved.”

“Where is she? All I smell is this bear,” he sneered.

“Kevin, you will not disrespect Tyler in my home or anywhere else for that matter,” Damon snarled.

“Why’s he so important?”

“He is my beloved.”

“Your beloved is a male? You’re rejecting him right?”

“Yes my beloved is a male and no I will not reject him. Besides, he’s already been changed,” Damon said in a matter of fact tone that dared anyone to argue with him.

“Guys why don’t we take this out of the entrance way?” suggested the small woman next to Kevin.

“Ursula, we’re not staying!” Kevin barked and then turned to address the men behind him. “Let’s go! We’re not helping this time.”

“Kevin, get a grip. We don’t choose who our beloved is,” said a young man as he stepped around Kevin and went to shake Damon’s hand.

“Ryan, don’t tell me what to do,” Kevin snarled.

“You can walk away if you want, and so can anyone else, but I will fight with Rhys and his beloved.” There was a chorus of agreement throughout the men and women who stepped through the door.

“Kevin, don’t let your pigheadedness cloud your judgment. Rhys is your friend and he needs our help,” said Ursula.

Kevin looked into her eyes and must’ve seen something there, because his face softened as he reached his hand out to brush a strand of hair away from her face.

He pulled her into his arms and said, “Yes, my love.”

“Alright, now that the drama is over I would like to introduce you all to my beloved, Tyler. Spencer found out about him and has threatened his life, so I’m ready to put an end to Spencer once and for all.”

I couldn’t believe how horrible meeting his friends had gone. I had hoped they would be open minded. I could see that not all of them felt the same as Kevin and I was grateful Ursula had spoken up before it got bloody.

“I’m standing right here. There’s no need to speak over me,” I spoke up because I didn’t want them to see me as weak and dependent on Damon.

“When will Harris get here with his coven?” Ryan asked.

“They should be here in a few hours. We also need to finalize a plan, because Tyler’s family will be flying in to help us as well. They want Spencer taken care of, so Tyler isn’t in danger from him anymore.”

“I can understand that. He needs to be killed before he can ruin anymore families,” snarled Ursula. For such a tiny person there was a lot of venom behind her words. I could tell Spencer had done something to warrant it.

“Where’s Gwynydd?” Ryan asked.

“Spencer’s men killed her when they attacked us in Seattle.”

“Another reason for him to be killed.”

“Everyone, let’s go to the backyard where we’ll be much more comfortable,” I suggested.

When they all turned to stare at me, I became uncertain about my suggestion. They looked at me as if I had grown horns or had something on my face.

“Tyler makes a valid point,” Ryan agreed, as he turned and led the way through the house. It was as if he had been there several times before.

Ursula stepped up to me and said, “You’ll be good for our Rhys. Take care of him, he’s like a brother to most of us.”

“I’ll do my best.” She wrapped her arm in mine and walked with me to the backyard.

When we got outside, I noticed Damon and Kevin in a heated conversation. I started to go over there when Ursula pulled on my arm. “They’ll work it out. They’re too good of friends not to.”

Shortly after she'd said that, Kevin swung his fist at Damon and it pissed me off. I yanked my arm out of Ursula's hands and ran to where they were. I tackled Kevin from behind and pulled his arm behind his back.

“Don’t touch what is mine,” I snarled.

He flung me off his body and got up from the ground. “Cub, you'd better learn your place and never do that again.”

“Listen here, vamp. He is my mate and I will defend him with my life, whether it be from you or anyone else.”

“Tyler, it’s –“

Kevin interrupted Damon with a snarl. “Stay out of it Rhys. He wants to play with the big boys, but he’s gotta learn when to butt out.”

He charged at me and I met him half way. I felt my nails and teeth grow as we collided. He punched me in the gut while letting out a grunt, as I swiped my hand across his face. His punch felt like I had been hit with a steel column. He raised his arm to hit me in the face, but the blow never came. When I looked up, Damon had ahold of Kevin’s arm and was pulling him away from me.

“I warned you about disrespecting him,” Damon snarled.

“Then he shouldn’t have interfered,” Kevin snapped.

“He did what any beloved would have done for their other half. Even Ursula was ready to step in had I not stopped your foolishness.” He pulled Kevin’s arm behind him and held it firmly. “Now, are you ready to behave like an adult?”

“Fine, just keep him away from me and Ursula,” he growled.

“Deal with it, because he’s going to be in the same area as the rest of us. This is his fight as much as it is ours.”

I reached out and put my hand on Damon’s arm. “Liebling, I’m fine. Let him go.”

He shoved Kevin away and then pulled me into his arms. “My cariad, no one hurts you and gets away with it.”

I looked into his eyes and said, “I deserved the punch. I’m not some weakling who needs to be protected all the time. I can take care of myself.”

He ran his hand along my face before he said, “You are my beloved and I will always .protect you, no matter what.”

I wrapped him in my arms and kissed the top of his head, only to have the moment ruined by Kevin.

“Enough already!”

“Oh hush you big baby,” Ursula said with a slap on his arm. “Now that the testosterone fest is over, let’s talk plans.” I couldn’t help but chuckle, because I agreed with her.

Damon’s POV

I couldn’t believe the stunt Kevin pulled! I expected it from others, but not my best friend. I heard the knock on the door as Ursula chastised him some more. When I opened the door, I saw my friends Harris and Leon with their clans. Thankfully, they both had houses in the area, so I wouldn’t have to find a place for them as well.

“Welcome to the madhouse guys. I’m going to warn you now. My beloved is inside and he’s a bear. If any of you have a problem with it you can turn around and leave right now.”

“Me and mine have no problem with that,” Harris said.

“Neither do we,” confirmed Leon.

I stepped out of the way and let them into the house. “Everyone’s in the backyard.” I waved them forward and led the way outside.

I worried about what I would find when I got there, but I trusted Tyler to handle himself. I knew in my heart that he could put Kevin or any of the other vampires in their place if needed.

“About time you loafers got here,” Kevin grumbled when we walked out the door.

“Well aren’t you a ray of sunshine?” snickered Harris’s mate, Pamela.

“Alright, everyone mingle together while Ryan, Harris, Kevin, Leon, Tyler, and I talk in the study,” I called out.

They followed me into the study and Tyler I went behind my desk, as the others took seats around the room.

“So what’re your thoughts, Damon?” Leon asked.

“Why’s he in here?” demanded Kevin, as he pointed at Tyler.

“He’s here because it concerns him too,” I replied.

“Well, it concerns our mates also; along with every other vampire that’s outside,” he said.

“He has more of a vested interest because of the direct threat that was leveled again him by Spencer. He will also have family and friends in this fight, so he should have an equal say in how we deal with this problem.”

“I agree with Damon. I don’t care that he’s a guy or a bear. I’m just glad he’s on our side,” said Harris.

“Me too,” Leon said.

“Alright enough bickering. Let’s plan,” complained Ryan.

“Spencer admitted to having at least one person inside the Council. I have an idea about who it is, but they don’t know we’re here in Wales, only that we got away from Spencer. I’m sure he has a fair idea that we’ve come here though, but he doesn’t know Tyler’s family will be here for reinforcement.”

“When will they arrive?” asked Leon.

“They’ll be here tonight. I sent my jet for them already. We'll have his dad and three brothers. Apparently there will also be a few wolves coming to help.” Tyler looked at me with questions in his eyes. “Your brother, Jon’s pack, is sending some help. Apparently the Alphas took a liking to you over the years and want to assist us.”

“Please tell me Tim isn’t one of them,” he pleaded.

“No, Jon’s mate, Tim, is not one of the ones coming, but his father is.” I turned and looked at Harris and Leon next to ask, “Can Ryan and Kevin’s group stay with you guys? I really don’t have the room for everyone.”

“I can take half of them,” said Harris.

“Then I will take the others,” answered Leon.

“Thank you. Now back to the plan. I want to let it leak out that we’re here, but I want your covens to disperse in the woods behind the house. Tyler and I will be in the house with Tyler’s family and the accompanying wolves. I have enough of the scent spray for everyone to use, so Spencer and his men won’t smell you. I want him to think it’s only the two of us in the house. You will communicate with me when you first sight them and when they make their move on the house, so we will catch them off guard. I don’t care if the house is damaged or what happens to it, so long as Spencer is killed.”

“Do you honestly think bears and wolves can handle Spencer’s vampires?” Kevin asked snidely.

“I took you on didn’t I? My family is even better trained than I am. The wolves train constantly and, yes, they train for vampire attacks too.”

“Smartass,” Kevin grumbled.

“Enough!” Damon shouted, as he slammed his hand on his desk and glared at Kevin. “If you’re going to pull this bullshit then you can take your coven and go home.” Kevin dipped his head and Damon sighed. “I swear it’s like dealing with children.”

I put my hand on his shoulder. “I’m sorry, Liebling. I know I shouldn’t egg him on and will try harder not to.”

He reached up and placed his hand on mine. “Cariad, you were defending yourself and you shouldn’t have to every few minutes, especially in your own home.”

“If that’s all, then I think the rest of us should get out of here and give you two some time to yourselves. You deserve a chance to be alone, now that you’ve found your soulmate,” suggested Leon.

“Sounds good to me,” said Ryan.

“Me too,” chorused Harris as they all stood and made their way out the door. Soon, there was a stream of vampires walking through the house and out the front door.

Tyler’s POV

I couldn’t believe Kevin’s attitude. At least the others weren’t as judgmental and were willing to work with me. I stood behind Damon and rested my hands on his shoulders as everyone left the house.

“Cariad, don’t fret. Kevin is just someone who doesn’t like change. He’s used to me being with women. Just like shifters have been told horrible stories about vamps, we have been told horror stories about shifters,” Damon said to assure me.

“I can understand that, Liebling. Now what would you like to do until it’s time to go to the airport?”

“I would like to cuddle on the couch and watch a movie. I think we deserve some us time before things get hectic.”

“What kind of movies do you like?” Damon asked

“I like romance and comedies, but am up for anything you might like to watch,” I told him.

“How about we watch The Notebook? I think you might enjoy it.”

“Alright, why don’t you go make some popcorn and I’ll get the movie ready for us. That was one of Nique’s favorite movies.”

“Ok.” He headed to the living room while I went to the kitchen to make the popcorn.

***

I must’ve dozed off, because I woke to Damon gently shaking my shoulder.

“Cariad, it’s time to go get your family.”

“Hmmm?”

I found myself laying with my head on his lap. I sat up and looked around. I was so embarrassed about falling asleep, but he’d been running his fingers through my hair and the gentle stroking must’ve put me to sleep. I’d always been a sucker for someone rubbing my scalp.

“Sorry, Liebling. Let me freshen up and we can go.”

“No need to apologize. I love that you’re comfortable enough with me to sleep like that. Go get ready and I’ll meet you at the front door.”

He stood up and held his hand out for me. I took it and was soon on my feet. I leaned in to give him a quick kiss before I left to freshen up.

I hurriedly cleaned up and looked at myself in the mirror. I wondered if my family would notice a change in me; not that I noticed anything other than my complexion being a little lighter than it was before. Oh well, there was nothing I could do about it even if they did. It’s not like I could or would change anything.

I met Damon at the front door where he took my hand and led me outside to his waiting SUV.

It seemed as if we were at the airport in a blink of the eye, but I knew it had taken us about half an hour to get there. I thought Damon would park in the parking lot, but he drove through a gate that led to a hangar. I noticed a van was already parked out in front and he pulled up next to it.

A few minutes later, I noticed a plane start to descend towards us. “Is that them?” I asked.

“Yes, it should be. This airport doesn’t get a lot of traffic.” He slid out of the SUV and went over to my side to open the door, but I had already opened it and hopped out. He gave me a startled look, but I simply smirked and held my hand out to him. I knew he just wanted to take care of me, but he needed to see that I was capable of taking care of myself.

The plane touched down with a screech of the tires. We walked towards it as it came to a stop in front of us. Men came out and set blocks around the wheels of the plane as the door opened and the stairs descended. I saw a member of the flight crew in the doorway at the top of the stairs, and when he stepped aside, there stood my Dad with Jon right behind him. I clutched Damon’s hand in mine as they started to descend the stairs with their carry-ons. I counted ten men, which included my family, as they walked down the steps. It had only been a few days since we'd last been together, but I really missed them and was glad they were here.

I pulled my hand out of Damon’s and ran to the stairs. It may have seemed childish, but I had missed my family, mostly my dad, since I didn’t get a chance to say goodbye to him.

I pulled my dad into a hard hug, to which he slapped me on the back. “I’m sorry I left without saying goodbye –“

“Shhh baby boy, don’t fret. I understood the reasoning behind your sudden departure. I didn’t like it, but I realized why you felt you had to do it that way. Now, introduce me to this mate of yours.

”Before I had a chance to do that, I was abruptly and unceremoniously pulled out of Dad’s arms and into Jon’s. “Hey little man! You sure you’re ok?”

“I’m fine, bubba. I want you to meet Damon.” I stepped back and led them over to where he stood waiting for us. I immediately noticed the tension coming from the men who had just come off the plane and knew it was because of Damon being a vampire.

“Liebling, this is my dad, Thomas Blumer. You’ve met my brother Alex already, but this is his twin Kyle, and my oldest brother Jon,” I said as I pointed to each of them in turn. I looked at the wolves who had traveled with them and saw Tim’s dad amongst them. “This is Jon’s father in law, Jasper Collins, but I’m not sure who the rest are.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you all and I appreciate your help in dealing with Spencer,” Damon said in a diplomatic way.

“I would do anything for my son. I may not like this situation, but you’re his mate and I will not stand in the way of mates. I don’t care that you’re a man, my concern comes from you being a vampire. I don’t want him to have to constantly live in fear.”

“Mr. Blumer, Spencer is my only enemy. I am a very quiet vampire who likes to keep to himself –“

“I'm glad to hear that. As long as you don’t hurt my boy you’ll be fine, but know this: you hurt him in any way and you will regret it. Now, let’s get a move on.”

Damon led everyone to where the van and SUV were parked. “Let’s get you guys loaded up and if one of you would be willing to drive, then you can follow me back to our house. Once we get there, we’ll get you settled in before we talk about the plans for Spencer.”

“I don’t know about the others, but I’m riding with Tyler,” said Jon as he put his bags in the back of the van.

We were soon organized and on our way, so I prayed the tension would be less thick once we got there.

Copyright © 2017 wolfwriter; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 31
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Excellent chapter!!! Worth the wait...defintely!! The build up and the defining characters leading up to the ensuing battle was marvelously handled! :2thumbs:

Link to comment

Wonderful chapter, wolf. I was glad to see that the other vampires accepted Tyler--even Kevin's group. That just shows how childish he is, and I'm glad Ursula is on Tyler's side as well. Integrating the shifters with the vampires is going to be interesting...and I hope they get organized before Spencer arrives.
It's good to see Jon again!

Link to comment
On 06/27/2015 06:27 AM, Onim said:

Excellent chapter!!! Worth the wait...defintely!! The build up and the defining characters leading up to the ensuing battle was marvelously handled! :2thumbs:

I'm glad you enjoyed it. :D

Link to comment
On 06/27/2015 07:22 AM, ColumbusGuy said:

Wonderful chapter, wolf. I was glad to see that the other vampires accepted Tyler--even Kevin's group. That just shows how childish he is, and I'm glad Ursula is on Tyler's side as well. Integrating the shifters with the vampires is going to be interesting...and I hope they get organized before Spencer arrives.

It's good to see Jon again!

:D With the story being about Jon's brother Tyler I felt it was important for him to show up.

Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

Damon's plan is coming together as his friends arrive. Kevin's reaction to Tyler was unexpected and unfortunate. I hope the vamps will all be able to work together with the bears and wolves. Most importantly, I hope Spencer doesn't have a spy in this group. While they wait, Tyler gets some family time.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..