Jump to content
    Yeoldebard
  • Author
  • 242 Words
  • 4,082 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Wolf Pack - Prologue. Prologue

Riardin cast his gaze over the courtyard of the castle, searching. Elves pushed past him, going about their business with not a care for the human among them.

There. With the lance, taking practice shots at a dark haired squire.

The human walked across the court, an almost predatory stance to his stride. He watched as the squire was shoved over with nothing more than a light thrust and smiled.

“Prince Paelias!” Riardin said loudly as he approached.

The red-haired elf turned to face the human, his squire backing away respectfully.

“Do I know you?” the prince asked.

“Not personally, but you’ve no doubt heard of me. Riardin, son of Thurston.”

“Masia’s brother?”

The elf handed his lance to the squire, and motioned for Riardin to join him in the nearby guard room.

They sat in the dimly lit building, Riardin pulling out a wineskin. He offered it to the prince, who refused with a wave of his hand.

“What news of my betrothed?” the elf asked eagerly. “Has Thurston agreed to the dowry?”

“Oh, she sent me with a special message. Masia wants you to sleep.”

The word carried a quiet power with it, and the elven prince's eyes shut instantly, his chin falling against his chest as a light snore escaped him. There was no fight, no contest from the surprised elf, and the human grinned, a glint of silver in his brown eyes. This was too easy.

Copyright © 2019 Cata the Meek; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 29
  • Love 4
  • Wow 4
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

So many questions arise for this beginning.  What is Riardin's problem with the prince? What is the relationship between humans and elves?  Why would an elf court a human? A true WTF beginning.  Great way to capture your audience!

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..