Jump to content
    Yeoldebard
  • Author
  • 913 Words
  • 11,136 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Wolf Pack - 16. Epilogue

Paelius moaned as the werewolf moved in him. A long warm tongue flicked against his neck, and he gasped as another thrust hit that magical button inside him.

“Almost there my prince,” Quarian murmured, thrusting deep into the elf.

Paelius felt the human tense up, his thrusts coming quicker, with a sudden urgency. Quarian collapsed on him, and Paelius felt the tiny knot grow inside him. It was bigger in wolf form, but he preferred to be in his natural shape when they made love. The prince was still learning to fully accept his transformations.

They remained stuck together for almost ten minutes, Quarian stroking his prince lovingly.

“You have ruined me,” the elf said, leaning into Quarian’s body.

“Mmm… Any time you want to switch, you have but to ask,” the man smiled into Paelius’ neck.

He slowly pulled out of the elf, eliciting a tiny protest.

“We need to go. You have to put the wolves through their paces and Danuva and Masia will be here in an hour with Arian. I need to make sure everything is prepared for them,” Quarian said, sitting up.

Sighing, Paelius joined him in getting dressed. They shared a tender kiss before Paelius left the room.

Heading through the palace walls to the training area, Paelius stepped into a guard house, scanning it carefully for threats as he had learned to do since Riardin. He removed the clothing he had so carefully put on, before heading out the back door of the house.

Fifteen people stood in a confused mess in the middle of a walled off courtyard, chatting with each other. All wore simple loincloths and nothing else. The location had been chosen for its privacy; these people would be kept secret at any cost.

“Form up!” Paelius yelled.

The group came to attention, hastening into a long line. Paelius walked over to a basket of wooden weapons and knocked it over. Weapons fell in a jumble and he made his way back to the line.

“Open skirmish today. Let’s work out the energy of last night. Weapons free, but spend equal time in both forms. We’ll pair up, so make sure you trust your partner.”

Motioning to a young human, one of Riardin’s victims, Paelius found some space to work in. He didn’t need a weapon, but he needed to work on his shifting. A mock fight would be just the right teacher.

Letting his wolf take over, the elf shifted and howled. The fight was on.

 

Masia climbed down from the wagon, smiling as Danuva handed her a small bundle. The journey had been long and arduous on the new mother, but she wanted to show off her daughter.

“Lady Masia!”

Turning, the human spotted Quarian hurrying toward the wagon.

“Prince Quarian,” she smiled with an awkward curtsy.

“And is this my niece?” Quarian asked, gazing at the child in Masia’s arms; the infant who shared the green of his eyes

“What, no hello for your brother?” Danuva asked.

Quarian grinned and ruffled Danuva’s hair.

“Hello brother,” he said. “You’re a father!”

“Yeah. I heard you might be a father soon yourself,” Danuva said.

He poked at Quarian’s stomach.

“You certainly look like you’re carrying.”

“Oh shut up,” Quarian laughed. “Come inside. I’m sure King Arethal would love to see Arian.”

 

Sandolin stared down at the sobbing elf at his feet.

“Please my lord, it was an accident!”

“You killed your wife and two children. That is hardly an accident.”

This was the worst part of his new position, judging the guilty. Most of the time it was boring, trying to settle land disputes between families, but then there were people like this man.

“Tathar Edaro, for the crime of murder on three instances, I sentence you to death. You will hang from the gallows this night.”

Turning to his guards, the werewolf waved for the man to be taken away.

“I am taking a break,” he said, standing from his chair.

Sandolin wandered through the halls, trying to force the elf from his mind. Servants hurried out of his way, not wanting to be the focus of his wrath.

It wasn’t often he killed a person. This man tonight would be his third in nearly two years.

This wasn’t working.

With a sigh, Sandolin directed his steps to the keep’s sallyport, kept empty for his use. Hidden by a wall of bushes, the werewolf removed his clothes and shifted, running out from the walls of the keep.

He didn’t worry about hiding from the guards; they had been told he kept a red wolf as a pet. None had seen it in the keep or kennels and he knew rumours were floating about him, but no one would dare to risk his anger by accusing him of being a werewolf.

Striking out for the woods, Sandolin passed through his territory, marking the edges of the lands. It kept predators away from his villages and werewolves away from him. The herds of cows and sheep in his land were some of the best animals in the kingdom with his extra protection.

A villager spotted him in his work and stared, awestruck. He was considered a beneficial spirit in the villages, a sighting was good luck for the person who saw him. Sandolin indulged the fantasies of the peasantry, making sure he ran at least once a week.

He had to care for his people, after all.

 

END

Thank you for joining me on this journey. This is my first complete story, and although it is short, I hope that it was good.
Copyright © 2019 Cata the Meek; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 24
  • Love 17
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Indeed a nice journey, your story was a rewarding tale of many emotions; betrayal, compassion, respect, honor, and love. Your tale brings us to a newly transformed realm of a blended society with many possibilities.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Philippe said:

Indeed a nice journey, your story was a rewarding tale of many emotions; betrayal, compassion, respect, honor, and love. Your tale brings us to a newly transformed realm of a blended society with many possibilities.

 Thank you very much. It is always good to hear you did well creating an engaging world.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

A captivating story. So many awesome characters in such a relatively short piece. 
 

Amazing to see the noble beginning of werewolves in Astara 😻😻😻

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

I read “Brothers” and had to go find the beginning of the story. Very enjoyable! What a unique set of characters you’ve created. Now on to book 2. Hopefully I’ll find out about Calico Nekos at some point. 😄

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Gyrefalcon said:

I read “Brothers” and had to go find the beginning of the story. Very enjoyable! What a unique set of characters you’ve created. Now on to book 2. Hopefully I’ll find out about Calico Nekos at some point. 😄

I'm glad you're enjoying the series :)

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..