Simple Directions

Writing Prompts are exercises for your writing muscles. They can help you get through writers block (creative prompts) or train specific muscles (technical prompts). They can even focus your writing muscles into new thought patterns (challenge prompts). Some may even challenge you, as an author, to look at your own motivations as to why you write (WKTQ).

There are a few things to keep in mind to keep everyone safe, sane, and successful.

• Keep it fun.

• Keep it a reasonable length. Most of the prompts are suited to responses that are about a page or two long in a word processor. Some only require a good paragraph or two. A rare few will be longer. Some of the Challenge Prompts have their own requirements.

• Post your response. You can post it in the forum or in GA Stories. If posting in GA Stories, please create one "story" for all your prompt responses. You can use the prompt number for the chapter title, and include a link back to the writing prompts forum so more people can do them, if you would please do so.

There are several examples of the "prompt stories". Specific people can post their links below.

Mine can be found here.

• If you are doing a prompt that asks you to describe something with out naming it, please use the spoiler tags. They look like this:
    [spoiler]answer[/spoiler]
    and it puts in a thing like this:

answer

so people can get your answer without having to make guesses or ruin the guessing for other people.

• Anyone may suggest a prompt by using the provided title/description formatting. You may also PM it to me if you don't want your name on it.

Topic Title: type of prompt and number (use next available)

Description: a keyword or focus of the prompt

• 6 months later...

I'm going to add my two cents here as well. The prompts are there for you to enjoy. If you want do one, please do. It doesn't matter if the one you choose is Prompt #1 or #101. Just try something that appeals to you.