Welcome to the Quickstart Story Posting Guide for Gay Authors. It is important that you spend the time to read this and the included links. Since Gay Authors allows authors to directly post their stories on our site, we necessarily have a more complex system then sites that just accept submissions via email. This guide was written to help speed you through our process.
- You must have an account on Gay Authors in order become an Author here.
Once you have an active account on Gay Authors, you must "purchase" the Author member group in the store
- You can find Authors here (You must be signed in to see this):
- Or you can find Poets here (You must be signed in to see this):
- Please select the group that will be primary for your posted works (Author group if you plan to write mostly stories or Poet group if you plan to write mostly Poetry)
- You can find more details on Authors in our FAQ located here: https://www.gayauthors.org/faq/authors/authors/
You now have posting privileges in the Gay Authors Stories Archive. As new Author, you are automatically going to be in the Moderation queue. It is very important that you understand our posting guidelines BEFORE you attempt to post.
- Read them now:
Get your story ready to post
Post your story:
Posting new chapters.
- You are only allowed to post one new chapter per day (total, not just per story) while in the queue. Authors who have cleared the queue can post every 8 hours. This rule is in place to help both you and other authors. Stories are automatically announced as they post and flooding the system is considered abusing it. In addition, readers respond to authors much more frequently if they have a regular posting pattern and do not attempt to post all at once since readers also tend to only comment on the last chapter they read.
- Post a new chapter to an existing story:
- Join at least the Writer's Circle Club. There are a lot of author-specific topics there.
Edited by Myr
Added link to Writer's Circle Club