Jump to content

The Alliance 3. Astara Royalty

   (2 reviews)

King Aaron Etaro struggles with his rule. His people are happy, but their ruler is miserable, putting aside his own pleasure for the needs of his kingdom. But when a strange fox appears on a moon-lit run one night, Aaron discovers the universe is not as it appears. Suddenly he is thrust into the uncomfortable position of choosing between his kingdom and himself, this time for the stake of his entire world.

Copyright © 2019 Yeoldebard; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (4 members)

  • Action Packed 2
  • Addictive/Pacing 3
  • Characters 3
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 2
  • Tearjerker 2
  • Unique 4
  • World Building 3

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

astone2292

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

As the fourth installment in this series, The Alliance is reminiscent of a typical world being invaded by aliens. However, we see plenty of alien species from the series, as well as a few easter eggs from the previous books. 

Overall, it is my recommendation to continue this series, as it is brilliantly written and the characters are beloved. 

Response from the author:

I'm glad you continue to enjoy this series. Thank you for your review; I hope I can continue to write stories you will love. ❤️

  • Love 3
Link to review
IkeNeko

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

I read it out of order as it’s a part of a series but it was the first story of @Yeoldebard I had a pleasure of reading fully from start to finish. 
First of all, it’s a perfectly fine standalone, although people reading from the first part will already have some info about the world (or rather universe) and they will find some lovely Easter eggs and cross references buried in the chapters, even reading it without being acquainted with the previous three stories of the series is definitely worth it. 
Where do I even start? 
Maybe I should start from the world building because this is the first thing that catches attention. There are so many amazing details of numerous distinct planets and space stations - even though the descriptions are rather on the ascetic side (which I personally love), we can really taste the world in small details thrown here and there - often as characters develop opinions of what’s around them. For me personally the way all those little things are weaved into the story without requiring long overdrawn descriptions is already enough value in itself to read this masterpiece or any other work by this author. 
Next, we have characters, each having a distinct personality, their own problems and weak points, flaws in thinking. They react to things differently and their struggles are very easy to relate to on emotional or intellectual level despite it being a science fiction story about various aliens, with the main character being a king. The story doesn’t take much time in their world but we can clearly see character development, but it is not exaggerated, considering the time frame.
Then we have the main dish - the story itself - engaging, not too fast paced, but also not boring - the kind where we can savour things dialogue by dialogue and event by event with characters’ arcs closely tied to the main problem related to their homeland. There are some interesting plot twists throughout as well - I am rarely surprised while reading - but the Alliance surprised me more than once. 
However, I think what really makes this story so good is the balance - we have a bit of tragedy but also some awesome humour and some happy times. We have some steamy bits but also some adorable and cute scenes. We have big scale politics and war but also friendships and very personal kind of problems. And I really love the way it all fits together, making the overall flavour of this story a really enjoyable experience. ❤️

 

Response from the author:

Thank you so much for your review. This story, and the universe around it, is the result of several years of study and passion, and I'm glad it shows through. The spontaneity of my writing often comes as a surprise to myself as well, but I find it tends to lead to stories that don't necessarily follow a traditional flow. It seems to work though, especially if it can be awarded such praise from a reader.
I'm really happy you enjoyed this story, and I hope you can continue to enjoy the other stories in the universe ❤️

  • Love 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..