Teletubbies

GaryKelly

BBC front page: A senior Polish official has ordered psychologists to investigate whether the popular BBC TV show Teletubbies promotes a homosexual lifestyle. Oooo, yes! I'm glad the homophobes are forever on the alert for such devious attempts to turn the whole damn world gay! :thumbdown:

It's obviously full of gay suggestions..

First of all. the purple one (apparently Male) who carries a handbag.

The green one with the phallus on its head that has an obsession with balls.

The vaccum cleaner... we all know what they use that for.

Tubby custard.. ahem ? *blush*

How does it promote a homosexual lifestyle? its largest viewing audience is twenty something eyar old half stoned hungover students?

Sigh. next they link sesame street with mass genocide. or say that computer games make children violent.

What about the purple dinosaur? With all of his singing and dancing, he's way too fabulous to be just another kiddie cartoon character.

To his credit, with all of the childrens shows and personal appearences, he's never eaten or stepped on one single kiddie. :lol:

I hate teletubbies so much. My little brother used to watch that show constantly, and if you ever actually sit down and watch... it's dumb as hell.

Again, again! :)

What about the purple dinosaur? With all of his singing and dancing, he's way too fabulous to be just another kiddie cartoon character.

To his credit, with all of the childrens shows and personal appearences, he's never eaten or stepped on one single kiddie. :lol:

Don't forget Burt and Ernie, does anyone really believe they don't sleep in the same bed

What about the smurfs?

Suggestive head wear...

The entire population was male save for smurfette who was in fact made by Gargamel.

And the biggest clue, They all followed the bear smurf in red who they all called Papa.

Ok done perverting your childhood memories :P

Steve

I think its a bit odd that some adults will try and pick apart children's shows, when clearly the show is almost always innocent.

The whole Bert and Ernie thing, for example... Sesame Street doesn't show them together anymore, because they were "promoting the gay lifestyle". When people who watched the show as kids learn this they all say, "What? Why?? I thought Bert and Ernie were brothers!!"

(Which is in fact what I thought... or friends... but definately not an "item" )

Kids aren't going to pick up on this.... If anything, the shows are just promoting tolereance. If you want to wear a big phallus on your head, and carry around a giant purse/bag thing, then you go right ahead.

Its not like we're shooting little rays into the heads of children to make them have same-sex tendencies... Though, that would probably explain my childhood a bit.

Soon the whole Batman and Robin thing will start up again (Don't get me started on that...)

Oh a different note, it should be common knowledge that Harry Potter and Ron Weasley are TOTALLY shacking up. But I'm sure you were all aware.

:)

-AM

If you want to wear a big phallus on your head, and carry around a giant purse/bag thing, then you go right ahead.

I would, but they don't sell them over here. :angry:

Its not like we're shooting little rays into the heads of children to make them have same-sex tendencies... Though, that would probably explain my childhood a bit.

That might not be a bad idea. Would help reduce overpopulation and teen pregnancy.

Soon the whole Batman and Robin thing will start up again (Don't get me started on that...)

No way! Batman had a thing for Cat Woman and Robin... *thinks* I really can't see Robin with anyone.

Oh a different note, it should be common knowledge that Harry Potter and Ron Weasley are TOTALLY shacking up. But I'm sure you were all aware.

Yeah, but Harry is cheating on Ron with Draco.

That might not be a bad idea. Would help reduce overpopulation and teen pregnancy.

No way! Batman had a thing for Cat Woman and Robin... *thinks* I really can't see Robin with anyone.

The first Robin, Dick Grayson became Nightwing and married Starfire

The 2nd Robin, Jason Todd was killed by the Joker

The 3rd and current Robin, Tim Drake has had a number of girl friends, most have ended up dead

and sorry im a giant nerd

Edited by Thirdeye

Aw, cute, I love Starfire!!

Wasn't one of the Robins a girl?? She died too if I remember correctly...

Sorry, my Batman knowledge is pretty limited.... I should brush up on it.

Also, I love Luc, for his comment about Harry. I loves me some DM/HP action.

Aw, cute, I love Starfire!!

Wasn't one of the Robins a girl?? She died too if I remember correctly...

Sorry, my Batman knowledge is pretty limited.... I should brush up on it.

Also, I love Luc, for his comment about Harry. I loves me some DM/HP action.

Spoiler who was one of Tim Drakes girlfriends took over after he and Batman had a falling out, she tried to hard to prove herself and was fired, she did later die.

The whole Bert and Ernie thing, for example... Sesame Street doesn't show them together anymore, because they were "promoting the gay lifestyle". When people who watched the show as kids learn this they all say, "What? Why?? I thought Bert and Ernie were brothers!!"

Bert and Ernie taught me a great lesson in life: don't eat cookies in bed, crumbs will annoy the person who shares said bed.

And I'm glad to learn that Dick Grayson was followed by other Boy Wonders.

I think its a bit odd that some adults will try and pick apart children's shows, when clearly the show is almost always innocent.

Its not really so odd. If you watch classic Loony Tunes [bug Bunny, Daffy Duck, Roadrunner, etc] there are multiple layers of double entendres that people of different ages and sophistication will appreciate.

If you watch a group of people of mixed ages watching a Loony Tunes cartoon, they will laugh at distinctly different places.

I always try to take a wrong turn at Albuquerque because that is how some of the most interesting trips begin.

Its not really so odd. If you watch classic Loony Tunes [bug Bunny, Daffy Duck, Roadrunner, etc] there are multiple layers of double entendres that people of different ages and sophistication will appreciate.

If you watch a group of people of mixed ages watching a Loony Tunes cartoon, they will laugh at distinctly different places.

I always try to take a wrong turn at Albuquerque because that is how some of the most interesting trips begin.

True, but Looney Tunes and Sesame Street are different things. SS is meant to educate, and when people over analyze things like that it becomes a problem. If Looney Tunes had a few recurring characters that were possibly gay, then people would probably just blow it off as just another joke.

Where as in Tellietubbies, it could be seen as a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad way of turning the youth of the world into rampant, out of control, flaming homosexuals!!!

BWAAA HAA HAA!!

People find whatever they are looking for in TV shows movies etc. Most people are looking for something they can relate to in characters. Aparently some people are looking for something to be offended by.

Did anyone watch He Man back in the 80's? I heard some people saying he was gay. I watched that show as a kid but it never occured to me that he was gay even many years later. As a kid I just wanted to be like him. What could be better than going outside one stormy day, getting struck by lightning, and instead of having your brain fried getting super-human powers?

• 1 month later...

I actually liked the teletubbies when I was a kid lmao the baby that was inside the sun was adorable in my oppinion. I wonder what message that sent out? I mean a baby inside the...sun? Does anyone think thats suggesting that playing with fire is okay? Actually now that I think back on it as a kid I remember hearing about the gay suggestion towards the show on the news. I didnt even know what gay ment but for some reason I was extreamly offended by the comments on the news. I guess in my subconcious I knew I was gay before I even really realized it at 14 lmao!

Sigh. next they link sesame street with mass genocide. or say that computer games make children violent.

Uhh...I think computer games are starting to make children violent :unsure: . You should see some of the messed up little 6th graders that came over to the high school for their physicals last year :blink: .

Now that one's a possibility because I watched it when I was little! I even got my picture with him when he was at our mall! :D

As for Teletubbies, I thought I heard a while back that they were supposed to have rotted your brain and made you stupid, not gay. Pretty sure the gay thing would have been better...lol.

And a little side note...if homosexuality is caused by genetics, like there's a gay gene or whatever, let it be discovered as soon as possible so all these stupid people quit analyzing children's shows, wondering whether or not they will turn the next generation gay, because then in order to turn a kid gay, it would have to mess with the child's genes, and that would have to be some weird ass televising :lol: .

Xander

I remember hearing that the Teletubbies made kids talk bad (not that I can complain... 'kids talk bad'...) but I've never heard the whole gay thing before...

But still, its to be expecvted whenever people actually look at things. If you look hard enough for something in a program (especially kids programs) you'll find it. Example: The Perverted Pirate

Edited by clumber