A video i found on YouTube

BeaStKid

~dies~

I LOVE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY JEEBUS IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

It made me all giggly and smiley and happy. :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D Wow. Just... wow. I love it.

While it is sweet, and I like the overall message it's trying for, I don't really think what it says is wise. There are some gay youth who have a very legitimate need to be afraid for the sake of self preservation, especially at that age. I wish it wasn't so, but wishing, and telling them, doesn't make it any less so.

I guess I just see coming out as something way too intensely personal to be addressed and advised by a PSA.

I think it's something that desperately needs to be addressed by a PSA. If they can tell me I shouldn't smoke POT, then they can DAMN WELL tell me it's okay to be gay. How about they address something that actually NEEDS to be addressed for once? The sooner being gay becomes something that's absolutely normal and commonplace the better.

If by some chance one day my kid ends up gay, I want it to be in a better world than the one I had to deal with. By then there better not be a need for a PSA about how it's okay.

I think it's something that desperately needs to be addressed by a PSA. If they can tell me I shouldn't smoke POT, then they can DAMN WELL tell me it's okay to be gay. How about they address something that actually NEEDS to be addressed for once? The sooner being gay becomes something that's absolutely normal and commonplace the better.

If by some chance one day my kid ends up gay, I want it to be in a better world than the one I had to deal with. By then there better not be a need for a PSA about how it's okay.

I just have one word for that ...AMEN :worship:

Btw that psa was originally was for a part of Europe.

Matthew is right in some areas they need to stay closeted or be very careful for the time being.

Yet I still think it's a great message.

Wow. Both of those videos were awesome! And as for the comment that came up, that in some places, it's wiser to keep reserved about it, yes that's true. However, I think an additional or ad like this should be made for parents, telling parents to spread the word on acceptance of gay people. It's horrible how early homophobia can start in places like where I live...a teacher I had that's a friend of mine told me that she hear's 7th graders say "fag" all the time, and you know that they've probably heard it before then. What we need to happen as fast as possible is for the old conservative generation get swept out of the atmosphere and be replaced with a friendly, positive, accepting one, people who don't judge on race, sexuality, religion, etc. And these people will teach their children acceptance at an early age and they will grow up with that acceptance instilled in their minds and pass it on to their children and so it will continue.

Xander

The add was originally in another language. If you read the description, it says that the translation is off, so it originally didn't say that, lol. But I totally agree with everything that's been said here. :D

Aww...the videos were beautiful :wub:

I really hope that some day India would wake up and get rid of the 145-year old Section 377 of the Indian Penal Code. :(

Just FYI guys, here is what it states : "Whoever voluntarily has carnal intercourse against the order of nature with any man, woman or animals, shall be punished with imprisonment for life, or with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 10 years, and shall also be liable to fine."

This implies that even consensual anal intercourse, which is an important part of lovemaking between gay partners, is against the law. This clause is often misused to inflict misbehavior and suffering on homosexual couples without any relevant cause.

Sorry for going off-topic...but I thought that this should be made known and that such a F***ing law exists here in my country and it S***s

Aww...the videos were beautiful :wub:

I really hope that some day India would wake up and get rid of the 145-year old Section 377 of the Indian Penal Code. :(

Just FYI guys, here is what it states : "Whoever voluntarily has carnal intercourse against the order of nature with any man, woman or animals, shall be punished with imprisonment for life, or with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 10 years, and shall also be liable to fine."

This implies that even consensual anal intercourse, which is an important part of lovemaking between gay partners, is against the law. This clause is often misused to inflict misbehavior and suffering on homosexual couples without any relevant cause.

Sorry for going off-topic...but I thought that this should be made known and that such a F***ing law exists here in my country and it S***s

I also apologize for going off topic, but since I started it, I can take the liberty. ;)

This law can also be used to prosecute oral sex and anal sex between heterosexual couples. It actually means that any sex not meant for procreation is liable to be penalized under this law. That also includes use sex toys and above all use of condoms!!

Luckily, lesbians are more or less free from this law as they can't have carnal intercourse per se. But we know better... ;)

The BeaStKid