BLACK FRIDAY

CoLeYy

Boxing Day comes from "boxing" up the decorations after Christmas has passed.

Well, maybe now, but it used to be when you gave your servants their gifts (and maybe the day off). "Good King Wenceslas" is a carol for boxing day, all nice and Victorian as it is. St. Stephen's Day is on December 26.

A guy once told me, BTW, that he would get bombed on Pearl Harbor Day (December 7) and get stoned for St. Stephen's Day.

And a good traditionalist is not going to take down the decorations before January 6 (twelve drummers drumming and all that).

Retail shops are forbidden by law to open at 4am anywhere in Quebec.

They can only open after 9am or 10am. I dunno...I don't shop in the morning. I just know there are laws against opening at 4am for almost all retail shops. :P You could have your sleep and get up to get in line at 10am to Future Shop or wherever.

I waited in line to get into Simons last year, and then went to Urban Outfitters to melt at the sales. :wub:

B) ........They seem to open earlier and earlier each year here, and crowds form at 2-3 am. Told it was nuts :wacko:

And a good traditionalist is not going to take down the decorations before January 6 (twelve drummers drumming and all that).

ya but they need to take them down,, otherwise by january 3rd they won't have the place to put up the Valentine's day decorations

Well, maybe now, but it used to be when you gave your servants their gifts (and maybe the day off). "Good King Wenceslas" is a carol for boxing day, all nice and Victorian as it is. St. Stephen's Day is on December 26.

A guy once told me, BTW, that he would get bombed on Pearl Harbor Day (December 7) and get stoned for St. Stephen's Day.

:funny::lol:

omg lol

So true!!!

Then when Valentine comes by, we'll see Easter stuffs. :rolleyes:

:blink:

Wow! I do feel like a scrooge! Since I moved out on my own (about 6 years now) I've never put out holiday decorations of any type! On the other hand we barely put any out when I was a kid too, so I guess I never got conditioned to do it lol.

-Kevin (who still can't imagine Valentine's day decorations!)

Edited by AFriendlyFace

:funny::lol:

Wow! I do feel like a scrooge! Since I moved out on my own (about 6 years now) I've never put out holiday decorations of any type! On the other hand we barely put any out when I was a kid too, so I guess I never got conditioned to do it lol.

:wub: ......those things above his head

We'll be scrooges together then... the girls' apartment is ALWAYS decorated, year round... meanwhile the boys' (mine) apartment is always bereft of holiday decor LOL.