Would you agree to be part of a polyamorous relationship?

Hylas

Would you agree to be a part of an open relationship?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would you agree to be part of a polyamorous relationship?

• Yes, the more the merrier.
    • Yes, but only if I feel strongly for both (or more) partners.
    • No, I'm a one person person.
    • I don't know, It depends...

I would definitely have to have strong feeling for everyone involved. It's unlikely I could ever take that route. I prefer a relationship with person. I can even be monogamous desptie what some might think. :blink:

sighs...

it can work, it does work, it is working...

not only would I consider doing it again, I have friends who are still together, and it's still working very well for them

oddly I found that it was easier than a typical relationship, once we settled in past the honeymoon stage that is -- but the trick is open communication (isn't that the trick with all relationships though?)

just thnk of it like this.. instead of HALF the household chores you are only responsible for a THIRD (that alone sweetens the pot!)

bah this is probably TMI for most of you...

Sounds like it would be more complicated than its worth.

The only thing I can think of that could work is to couples who agree to "share" every now and then.

That's called swinging or having an open relationship. Merriam-Webster definites polyamory as, " the state or practice of having more than one open romantic relationship at a time"

It's having a romantic relationship with more than one person. Polyamory is about love, not sex. I don't get the poly lifestyle myself, but if people want to be polys, let them. I could try it depending on the circumstances, but I'm not exactly looking for a poly relationship.

I'm usually for monogamy, but in this day in age, it's not that unusual for a guy to have a girlfriend and a boyfriend. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Honestly, it's difficult unless there's total honesty...at some point. Otherwise it usually ends up with someone being flipped over someone else's shoulder. Not that I'd know or anything.

Well... okay. :P If I fall in love with two people, hey why not? ;)

And yes, Polyamory is different from Swinging or Open Relationships.

I've queued a movie on Netflix about a polyamorous trio. They started as a couple of men. They were both bi so they decided they needed a woman. Men meet woman and "voila", an endless plethora of menage a trois for all three of them. They even had two children. Each man turned out to be the father of one of the children. That's all I know so far, because I have not seen the film. Perhaps I should move it to the top of my queue. The movie is called Three of Hearts: A Post-Modern Family.

I've queued a movie on Netflix about a polyamorous trio. They started as a couple of men. They were both bi so they decided they needed a woman. Men meet woman and "voila", an endless plethora of menage a trois for all three of them. They even had two children. Each man turned out to be the father of one of the children. That's all I know so far, because I have not seen the film. Perhaps I should move it to the top of my queue. The movie is called Three of Hearts: A Post-Modern Family.

Such a nice, blissful setting, but unfortunately very difficult to find in real life... :)

Such a nice, blissful setting, but unfortunately very difficult to find in real life... :)

It takes communication, and sometimes even adequate communication is not enough to fend off the "green-eyed monster." :blink:

The most complicated polyamorous relations is called a V. There's one person at the center who has a relationship with two people. Apparently the two each put up with the person in the middle having a relationship with each. I think the person in the middle has to be selfish B or SOB. I would never enter into such a union. That's beyond selfish.

Edited by tlwritingtiger

It takes communication, and sometimes even adequate communication is not enough to fend off the "green-eyed monster." :blink:

The most complicated polyamorous relations is called a V. There's one person at the center who has a relationship with two people. Apparently the two each put up with the person in the middle having a relationship with each. I think the person in the middle has to be selfish B or SOB. I would never enter into such a union. That's beyond selfish.

It may be selfish, but nobody is forcing the two other people to participate in said relationship. If you don't like it, leave the B or SOB and find someone else.

It may be selfish, but nobody is forcing the two other people to participate in said relationship. If you don't like it, leave the B or SOB and find someone else.

I was simply stating my opinion about V relationships. If others are willing to participate in such a relationship, more power to them. I would never be a part of a V. I don't judge others for being in V relationships, but if I talk to people who are, I will not hide my opinion if he or she asks for it. :P