young actor died

FrenchCanadian

I've just read a sad news, Brad Renfro, a 25 years old actor was found dead today. For those wondering, he's the kid that played in the very good movie "The Client"

The article

That's really sad. He was my age. Apparently, he struggled with addiction. Hollywood is partly to blame. Child actors are often pushed aside once they become adults. Notable exceptions are Alyssa Milano, Jody Foster, and Elijah Wood. They are the exception to that rule. I wish Hollywood would stop treating former child stars like that. :(

Although I've seen 'The Cilent' nor Apt. Pupil, it is a shame to lose such a talent with four awards and four nominations. and IF this article is true then the film "The Informers(currently filiming)" will be cancelled or they'd have to recast and "Joe the Engineer" which in production will have to recast fast. Like I said tis a shame

RIP.gif

From today's NYT:

In recent years, Mr. Renfro was known as much for his legal troubles as for his acting career. He was charged with marijuana and cocaine possession in 1998, avoiding jail because of a plea bargain, according to The Associated Press. Mr. Renfro was an admitted heroin and methadone user...

The Bully was a terrific indie film that provided the actor a broad canvas to show his acting ability. The guy had great potential. Like River Phoenix, Renfro's death is such a sad waste.

From today's NYT:

In recent years, Mr. Renfro was known as much for his legal troubles as for his acting career. He was charged with marijuana and cocaine possession in 1998, avoiding jail because of a plea bargain, according to The Associated Press. Mr. Renfro was an admitted heroin and methadone user...

The Bully was a terrific indie film that provided the actor a broad canvas to show his acting ability. The guy had great potential. Like River Phoenix, Renfro's death is such a sad waste.

Cocaine is the white monster. Overdosing is quite common. I do not know if they have determined his COD, but I would not be surprised if it were cocaine. Celebrities seem to struggle with addiction. I don't know if it's because of the pressures of being under constant scrutiny or if it is because Hollywood is a Mecca for hedonism. It could be a combination of the two.

Cocaine is the white monster. Overdosing is quite common. I do not know if they have determined his COD, but I would not be surprised if it were cocaine. Celebrities seem to struggle with addiction. I don't know if it's because of the pressures of being under constant scrutiny or if it is because Hollywood is a Mecca for hedonism. It could be a combination of the two.

B) .........It seems Hollywood always fails its youth, chew 'em up and spit 'em out. It's a shame to see anyone die so young, I've seen enough people ruin their lives with drugs that I'm completely anti-drug.

Edited by Benji

They're supposed to make the autopsy today, but given his history,,, It's a shame, cause when you're too young and suddenly have so much money, well it's easy to get into addiction, drug or/and drinking.

• 1 month later...

I'm a little late to this but I'd like to add Wil Wheaton's (Stand By Me, Star Trek:TNG, etc.) name to the list of former child actors who have done well in adulthood. If you all haven't read his books or his excellent blog, http://wilwheaton.typepad.com/, you're missing out on a really talented person who has made the transition from child actor to adult author/husband/father. He claims to never have gotten trapped in the cycle of drugs that have ruined so many lives like Brad's.

I'm a little late to this but I'd like to add Wil Wheaton's (Stand By Me, Star Trek:TNG, etc.) name to the list of former child actors who have done well in adulthood. If you all haven't read his books or his excellent blog, http://wilwheaton.typepad.com/, you're missing out on a really talented person who has made the transition from child actor to adult author/husband/father. He claims to never have gotten trapped in the cycle of drugs that have ruined so many lives like Brad's.

That is a good example of managing to get through by the "easy" way of drugs for young stars.

Well, one obvious case of a former child actor that has grown up to also do well in adulthood would be Judie Foster....