IFW: Commando, Briefs, Trunks, Classics, or Baggy?

Tristan Thinks

Okay, I'm gonna kick off a series of IFW (Inspiration For Writers) topics. I suppose they would seem to fit more into the Writer's Corner forum, except that the intention is to get inspiration from readers that might help writers in developing character personalities.

With IFWs what I'm hoping to do is prompt readers especially to explain reasons for choices of one thing over another, and describe their feelings as to why they like one thing and don't like another.

It'll help if some of the IFWs have a sexy undercurrent of course, and if you choose to describe sexual feelings in responding, that's fine.

So, this first one is more for the guys I guess, although you girls are free to join in if you wish:

What underwear do you prefer and what do you dislike, why, and how does it make you feel. Has your opinion changed over time and if so, why did it change?

Right now I wear a mix of boxers and boxer-briefs. I don't like briefs because they make me feel too juvenile. I wore them all the time as a kid, so I associate them as little boys' underpants. That, and the feeling that I'm not wearing enough underneath to feel comfortable. I am a very introverted person, so anything less than boxer-briefs makes me feel naked, which means that I also never go commando, but there are other reasons for that... like having nothing between the family jewels and a series of interlocking metal teeth -- never was too appealing for me.

The reason I try not to wear boxers too much anymore is because that old myth about your nuts sagging is true. I've been wearing boxers since I was a pre-teen, and since then my guys have dropped far enough that they bounce quite dangerously while snowboarding, even while wearing boxer-briefs. I have also sat on them more than once... ow. So boxer-briefs provide the support that I need and also provide the skin coverage that I want. BUT I have so many boxers still that I normally wear those instead. I like them in that they aren't constraining, like briefs, but I try to wear boxer-briefs more and more to keep the boys from hanging out, if you know what I mean. ;)

I happen to like boxer briefs. They are simply the best. I cannot say exactly why I like them, because it's not exactly g-rated. <blushes>

I also wear briefs.

Edited by TL The Writing Tiger

What underwear do you prefer and what do you dislike, why, and how does it make you feel. Has your opinion changed over time and if so, why did it change?

I personally almost always wears boxers briefs,,, why? because you get the support that comes from briefs but still get the "fun" from boxers... Also they all comes in so many colors cuts, trims,,, :wub: Alright, I have a things for underwears,, and I'll blame my ex for that...

I personally almost always wears boxers briefs,,, why? because you get the support that comes from briefs but still get the "fun" from boxers... Also they all comes in so many colors cuts, trims,,, :wub: Alright, I have a things for underwears,, and I'll blame my ex for that...

B) ...........I like boxer briefs and boxers, don't like whitey tightys, not sure why I guess I like the freedom!! ;)

I wear what Calvin Klein calls 'trunks.' They're basically like a boxer brief, but shorter. Briefs, in my opinion, look absolutely amazing on the guys that can pull them off (especially American Apparel or Ginch Gonch ones) but I don't think I look very good in them. Boxers are good for sleeping in, but I find them too bulky for wearing under...form fitting...clothing.

I agree with Kevin, patterns/colours=sexy.

Menzo

Edited by Menzoberranzen

• Site Administrator

Boxer briefs for me (if I'm right about the name -- it's not one we use in Australia that I know of). Essentially brief snugness, but with short legs. I always buy ones that include lycra so they stay snug. I've tried boxers and they were okay, but I felt a bit uncomfortable with them -- especially when they started to ride up.

Well, I originally posted my thoughts and feelings as the first reply but it got yanked for being too 'racy'. I've now published it on my web site if you're interested.

Keep in mind that this site is open to people of all ages. Your comments, while interesting and pertinent, were not PG-13.

Menzo

Just try to remember we have readers of all ages, and the forums don't have a disclaimer like the stories :)

I rotate between boxers, boxerbriefs, & cycle briefs (cycle briefs are just longer versions of boxer briefs). Boxers for sleeping and being comfy or wearing baggy pants over. For pants that I tend to have to 'pull up' often because they're a bit loose, boxers help provide bulk to help hold them up some :D

I wear boxerbriefs & cycle briefs usually for working out. You don't want to wear boxers under your workout shorts because you don't get support and you might show your business (like if your doing abs where your legs are up and your shorts go down due to gravity :*) ).

Cycle briefs are cool cause they provide some compression on your legs (if you're cycling) and look good if you're showing leg. They also make you feel sexy :P .

Oh and Kevin, you might want to consider cycle briefs because they don't show your panty lines :) and work well under tighter pants.

Edited by NaperVic

I've been wearing white briefs ever since I quit wearing diapers. (But not the same pair, in case you were wondering.) I've not had any reason to change to another style. After all this time, something else would take some getting used to.