Coffee or tea?

S.L. Lewis

The tap water here sucks. It's because of all the dust and what not. In some parts, mostly on the edge, you can't even cook with the water. Wash and shower, yes, but cook and drink no. Well water sucks.

Sometimes it can. I had well water on my ranch and it was great! Around here though well water would be no different than tap water except it would lack all the nasty chemicals the county adds to the tap water.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes it can. I had well water on my ranch and it was great! Around here though well water would be no different than tap water except it would lack all the nasty chemicals the county adds to the tap water.

Eh, not here. Its a desert, so the sand gets everywhere unfortunatly. You should see a car after a dust storm. O.o

Flavored water is good. The only water I do not like to drink is tap water. It is disgusting.

the tap water is not that dirty here.... I can drink from it once in a while, but not always. :)

I'm kinda weird with regards to tap water. First off I'm a major water drinker. I literally drink about two gallons a day on any given day. I usually buy about 18 gallon jugs of water when I go to the store, then also pick up a couple of 24pack cases of bottled water. I never drink tap water at home.

Most of the time I make sure to carry 2 or 3 bottles with me whenever I leave the house, and I try to leave a couple in my vehicle for "emergencies". Plus most of my friends have bottled water on hand too, or else do some sort of water processing. If I expect to be somewhere for an extend period of time where I'm not sure of the water condition I'll take quite a few extra bottles.

That said, when it comes to restaurants, bars, and clubs I always just ask for "a glass of water". Now I know that this "glass of water" has basically come from the tap, but I somehow trick myself into thinking that since it usually comes from some sort of drink fountain, or drink sprayer set up, it's "special". :boy:

So no I don't drink "tap water", but I guess I sorta do, but sshhh don't tell me ;)

So no I don't drink "tap water", but I guess I sorta do, but sshhh don't tell me ;)

:lol: That made me actually giggle. :P

I've never been a big water drinker until recently, but I can't drink tap water, especially after my environmental analysis and design class. I usually have bottled water on hand.

:lol: That made me actually giggle. :P

I've never been a big water drinker until recently, but I can't drink tap water, especially after my environmental analysis and design class. I usually have bottled water on hand.

Yeah, I do like bottled water. I too only started drinking a lot of water recently. Now, I drink several bottles a day. Tap water around here is unsuitable for drinking. I reached that conclusion long ago. <Skips to the refrigerator> That's much better. :D

Yeah, I do like bottled water. I too only started drinking a lot of water recently. Now, I drink several bottles a day. Tap water around here is unsuitable for drinking. I reached that conclusion long ago. <Skips to the refrigerator> That's much better. :D

*cackles* That's how it is here to, like I've said. The only real time I use the water to drink is for my hot drinks, but that's because it a way it gets filtered again because of the coffee filter.

The sad truth is that much of what we consider bottled water is nothing more than processed, filtered tap water.

Also, by buying all those little bottles you're contributing to the ongoing pollution problem cause those bottles can take forever to decompose in a landfill.

That's why I mentioned buying spring water and using refillable containers.

I'm not picking on anyone. Just trying to be informative. :)

I will drink some coffee like Vanila, or a mocha frap etc occasionally. I will maybe drink some tea like nectea of of a can, most tea I is to bitter.

Is there a kind that isn't bitter?

as for Water, I like filtered kind, and I don't like tap either.

Edited by Drewbie

I will drink some coffee like Vanila, or a mocha frap etc occasionally. I will maybe drink some tea like nectea of of a can, most tea I is to bitter.

The Nestea in a can is very sweet and very lemony. It's good on a hot summer day.

Add enough sugar to any tea and it won't be bitter. ;) What kinds of tea do you drink that taste bitter?

Mom used to make it, like, ones that you put out in hte sun, Nestea in the bag type.

My guess is she didn't add enough sugar. The BBQ place I goto makes their tea from large bags. Basically the same as the little bags except it makes several gallons at a time. They add lots of sugar to it. In fact it's called sweet tea. Mom probably didn't want you too have too much of a sugar rush otherwise you'd be bouncing off the walls. BTW, if you're gonna brew your own tea the best time to add the sugar is while the tea is still boiling hot. It dissolves better that way. ;)

Bottled Water?

These will make you think: BBC: Bottled Water or maybe not?, BBC: Bottled water a waste of money, BBC: Government Departments told to use tap water,

Dame Yve Buckland, chairwoman of the Consumer Council for Water group, said:

The bottled water industry spends millions investing in their brands and that's what people are paying for when they pick up a bottle of water. There is no health advantage in drinking bottled water.

London On Tap says imported bottled water produces up to 300 times more carbon dioxide per litre than tap water.

And the Consumer Council for Water also says:

Drinking Water

Drinking tap water is still the best and cheapest way to help people get the water they need in their diet every day. The amount of water in a

As soon as the filters went in everyone began getting diarrhea so they were quickly switched off. Everyone got better and they were never used again :)

Methinks your bodies had adapted to all the junk in your water. When it was removed your body reacted again. I suspect if you had continued to use the filter your bodies would have eventually adapted and then you'd be drinking relatively clean water.

Did all those fertilizers help you grow taller? :P

Methinks your bodies had adapted to all the junk in your water.

Strangely, if we drank from other supplies elsewhere we didn't suffer upset tummies. It was ironic really.

Did all those fertilizers help you grow taller? :P

They made me gay! :D

Either that or it'll make you look like a tea-bag :P

(nice return to on-topic, dontcha think!?)

I love tea bags. And I don't mean the kind you dip into water to make tea. :P

I'm the King of Off-Topic. :D

Me and mom do that, but with big five gallon jugs. Probably because we'll go through one in a week.

And don't worry, you're very informative for us.

The Nestea in a can is very sweet and very lemony. It's good on a hot summer day.

Add enough sugar to any tea and it won't be bitter. ;) What kinds of tea do you drink that taste bitter?

Like Gary said, Drewbie, if you add enough sugar, the tea can actually be very good. I rather like the powdered teas, since they are sweet in their own way.

I'm the King of Off-Topic. :D

Yes, I've noticed this. You and Tris have hijacked my thread on coffee or tea. How did it go from tea and coffee to a discussion on water? How? No, wait, don't tell me. I know.

The sad truth is that much of what we consider bottled water is nothing more than processed, filtered tap water.

Also, by buying all those little bottles you're contributing to the ongoing pollution problem cause those bottles can take forever to decompose in a landfill.

Yes, I've heard a lot of things like this about bottled water recently. As I indicated before, for me I think it's largely a psychological thing. I may try to start using a water filter system if I find I like the water as much. A big aspect of it too though is that the bottles themselves are more convenient than lugging around a big glass of water.

The quality of drinking water across England and Wales is regulated by the Drinking Water Inspectorate (DWI)

It's amusing that in the UK "DWI" has such a vastly different meaning than in the States. :boy:

:blink: **Scandalized look**

This afternoon I had this delightful coffee/alcohol drink it was ridiculously tasty! I think I'm going to go make a pot of herbal tea now :)

-Kevin

For both Rose and Kevin. When I referred to refillable containers I meant ones that hold let's say a quart or less. Just like the ones you'd carry around with you. I wash them every morning and refill them from a larger container of spring water.

Rose, is not water an essential part of making both tea and coffee? It wasn't the water I was referring to when I mentioned going off-topic! ;)

Kevin, I'm glad someone noticed my double-entendre! :devil:

For both Rose and Kevin. When I referred to refillable containers I meant ones that hold let's say a quart or less. Just like the ones you'd carry around with you. I wash them every morning and refill them from a larger container of spring water.

Rose, is not water an essential part of making both tea and coffee? It wasn't the water I was referring to when I mentioned going off-topic! ;)

Kevin, I'm glad someone noticed my double-entendre! :devil:

Behave, both of you. We have teens on here who are easily corrupted. :devil:0:)

Oh please. :rolleyes:

Hey, be nice to the cute one.

Anyways, that's rather off topic now isn't it? To move on, I've found myself that I enjoy the chai tea from starbucks. It's pretty good.