Coffee or tea?

S.L. Lewis

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the south it's always sweet tea season cause it's almost always hot down here.

It's getting warm here in the west. So, great time to barbecue and make sweet tea. Oh, and to visit the pool.

When I goto my favorite BBQ restaurant my waitress, Beth, always sees me walk in. By the time I get to one of her tables she's got a quart of sweet tea and some baked beans waiting for me. After that all she has do is ask me, baby backs or brisket. Ah, it's nice to have had the same waitress for the past 16 years. She was just a kid when she started. Now she has kids of her own.

BTW, this place makes some of the best sweet tea I've ever had. They won't divulge any of their trade secrets so I have no idea what brand they use or it, like much of their stuff, it's a homemade concoction.

When I goto my favorite BBQ restaurant my waitress, Beth, always sees me walk in. By the time I get to one of her tables she's got a quart of sweet tea and some baked beans waiting for me. After that all she has do is ask me, baby backs or brisket. Ah, it's nice to have had the same waitress for the past 16 years. She was just a kid when she started. Now she has kids of her own.

BTW, this place makes some of the best sweet tea I've ever had. They won't divulge any of their trade secrets so I have no idea what brand they use or it, like much of their stuff, it's a homemade concoction.

That's wonderful that you have your favorite resturant. I had mine, but it's been closed down for a long time now. The owners would make sun tea, boil it, then add some more water because it would boil down to a concetrate. It was so good and went wonderfully with their huge burgers that they made by hand everyday. It was great! But I miss the resturant now.

That's just my favorite BBQ joint. I have lots of favorite restaurants. Usually I pick a restaurant based on what I know I want to eat. Rarely do I need to look at the menu. Have I mentioned I can burn/scald water? Yeah, I'm that bad a cook. So I eat out or order in almost every meal.

:( ............Babyback.....beef of course!

That's just my favorite BBQ joint. I have lots of favorite restaurants. Usually I pick a restaurant based on what I know I want to eat. Rarely do I need to look at the menu. Have I mentioned I can burn/scald water? Yeah, I'm that bad a cook. So I eat out or order in almost every meal.

:blink: You need someone to cook for you dear. I love cooking personally. I do my best cooking with meat though. Pork mostly. I've discovered that I can use flavored teas as a marinade base.

:blink: You need someone to cook for you dear. I love cooking personally. I do my best cooking with meat though. Pork mostly. I've discovered that I can use flavored teas as a marinade base.

I enjoy going out to eat. It's about the only chance I get to socialize with people in the real world. What kinds of teas make the best marinades?

I enjoy going out to eat. It's about the only chance I get to socialize with people in the real world. What kinds of teas make the best marinades?

Ginger peach tea actually. You make a regular strength cup, add some honey, a bit of red wine vinager, mix well, let cool and use on pork or chicken. Barbacue.

Ginger peach tea actually. You make a regular strength cup, add some honey, a bit of red wine vinager, mix well, let cool and use on pork or chicken. Barbacue.

OK, how about the second best marinade? I don't like Ginger (or Mary Ann although the professor was kinda hot). ;)

OK, how about the second best marinade? I don't like Ginger (or Mary Ann although the professor was kinda hot). ;)

With the ginger peach, the ginger isn't very noticeable.

Anyways, grab the Celestial Seasonings Red Safari Spice, add clover honey, and some white wine vinager together. Mix and use on steak or pork.

Or try Celestial Seasonings Madagascar Vanilla Red, add the sweetest honey you can find, some red wine vinager and a bit of pepper, not much mind you. Use on chicken.

Or Mango Passionfruit or just regular peach. Use the same mix for the ginger peach tea.

Anyways, grab the Celestial Seasonings Red Safari Spice, add clover honey, and some white wine vinager together. Mix and use on steak or pork.

Or try Celestial Seasonings Madagascar Vanilla Red, add the sweetest honey you can find, some red wine vinager and a bit of pepper, not much mind you. Use on chicken.

Both of these seem yummy. If I had you here to cook for me I might never feel the need to go out to eat. :)

Both of these seem yummy. If I had you here to cook for me I might never feel the need to go out to eat. :)

Hey, I'm a country girl. Most country girls know how to cook. That and the marinades were created out of the fact that my mom can't really have a lot of red or salts, so premade marinades are out. If you ever find yourself near by, drop me a line and come to dinner.

Is there ever a time when it's not summer in Aridzona? ;)

Yeah, when you're in the moutains. Right now, it's the perfect time to make a pan of enchiladas a few bottles of iced tea.

Yeah, when you're in the moutains. Right now, it's the perfect time to make a pan of enchiladas a few bottles of iced tea.

My summer vacation will take me up the east coast of the US this year. Maybe I'll make it out there during the fall or winter vacation. It would be nice to meet you face-to-face. I'm finally going to meet one of my best friends for the past 10-12 years face-to-face this summer. We usually talk on the phone every day. We've run a website together that's celebrating its tenth anniversary in April. Some sun-brewed tea and perhaps some sauteed snake meat would be a nice meal for us to eat together.

My summer vacation will take me up the east coast of the US this year. Maybe I'll make it out there during the fall or winter vacation. It would be nice to meet you face-to-face. I'm finally going to meet one of my best friends for the past 10-12 years face-to-face this summer. We usually talk on the phone every day. We've run a website together that's celebrating its tenth anniversary in April. Some sun-brewed tea and perhaps some sauteed snake meat would be a nice meal for us to eat together.

Eh, I don't eat snake anymore. People freak about it. That and it's a bit gamey.

Anyways, I would love to finally meet you face to face to. I'll buy something nice for dinner and make some good tea for ya.

Get over it. ;) Gamey is good! However I will gladly eat whatever you feed me on three conditions. No Brussels sprouts, no Ginger and no Guacamole. :)

One: Burssel sprouts are trying to take over the world with the bunnies.

Two: I can do no ginger. I don't do the ginger peach tea all that often.

Three: The only time I ever touch an avacado is when I want to smear the sucker on a cracker. I don't do Guacamole.

And if I want Gamey, I'll stick with deer jerky.

Maybe he likes it a specific way. Imagine there was some sort of historical cafe where the drinks are made according to how these historical figures like them: "I'll have the Stalin, a large cup, no whip." :D

Lol that is hilarious... :lol: Okay it's this thread's fault that I need to have some more coffee (milk, no sugar) now and won't be able to sleep tonight.

Oh... and did someone mention peanut butter and chocolate? Chocolate and peanut butter?? *looks around wildly and desperately* I have three Reese's cups left from my last trip to the US.... Uhh I think I need to eat one of them now, sniff, then there'll be only two, and then... who knows what might happen?? :blink:

Lol that is hilarious... :lol: Okay it's this thread's fault that I need to have some more coffee (milk, no sugar) now and won't be able to sleep tonight.

Oh... and did someone mention peanut butter and chocolate? Chocolate and peanut butter?? *looks around wildly and desperately* I have three Reese's cups left from my last trip to the US.... Uhh I think I need to eat one of them now, sniff, then there'll be only two, and then... who knows what might happen?? :blink:

<_< ..........thanks a bunch!!!!.....walks away..goes to vending machine to buy Reese peanunt butter cups.

I've discovered a new way to drink tea.

Take cream, real cream not the other type, powedered sugar and a strong coffee. Pour half a cup of sugar, add the powedered sugar, 2 tablespoon full, and stir. Add the cream to the other half of the cup. Mix. It's sweet and doesn't taste like coffee, but it's really good.

I've discovered a new way to drink tea.

Take cream, real cream not the other type, powedered sugar and a strong coffee. Pour half a cup of sugar, add the powedered sugar, 2 tablespoon full, and stir. Add the cream to the other half of the cup. Mix. It's sweet and doesn't taste like coffee, but it's really good.

Tea? But where's the tea?

Btw in Hongkong people drink 1/3 black tea, 1/3 coffee, and 1/3 hot milk in glasses. It sounds weirder than it is, it was actually not bad at all. But confusing. I mean, is it coffee... or tea...?