Review by Myk

This story centers around a couple who share an apartment, where one attempts to convince the other to take the leading role in his next film. Written from a first person view, we follow Matt as he evades taking on Anthony

This was a great read. While technically sticking to the theme of this anthology, it eventually managed to evoke very strong positive, hopeful emotions. If you enjoy well written dialogue combined with strong character development all packed into a short story then please read Falling Slowly. You won't regret it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd just like to rethank my editors, and also thank Myk for the review :D

Thanks to all who have read as well.

I'm working on something for the summer anthology, so watch out for that when the time for that comes around.

~Mikie

• 3 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator
I like your take on the theme. It was nice to read something positive after all the depressing stuff the rest of us wrote.

Strangely, I didn't find it that positive, apart from the ending, of course. That's because I recognised the situation way too much. I've personally been in a similar situation, where a relationship seems to fade away without apparent cause. In hindsight, it turned out to be exactly the same reason as in the story -- overwork.

So the message I took out of the story was another reminder that work isn't everything. You have to keep striving in a relationship and not let things drift along. If your work is messing up your relationship, then it's time to change your job. In this story, both characters agreed to reshuffle their priorities, and that's exactly right.

As for the lack of confidence Matt showed, I could relate to that, too :D For some people, self-confidence comes naturally. For others, self-doubt is dominant....

Well done, ComeWhatMay! :great:

Edited by Graeme
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you both for your comments!

I appreciate it a lot!!

As for the whole "positive" thing, the overall message was supposed to be more positive than anything, but I can see where you are coming from, Graeme. I was mainly just trying to depict a possible real-life situation that fit the theme...

But anyways, thanks again!

~Mikie

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I really like this story, Mikie! In fact I think it was one of my favourites! :D

It's really well-written, true to life, and very sweet and optimistic!

Awesome job! :great::2thumbs:

-Kevin

Thanks Kev! :D