Drinking

corvus

Drinking Poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you drink? How much?

• 0: I don't touch alcohol.
    • 4: I'm often drunk. *hiccup*

Sure ! "Chivas Regal" (12 years old, the 18 years is too expensive for me) or an old "Four Roses" (I like Bourbon whisky), or after lunch or dinner some brandy, Cognac, Armagnac or Calvados (an apple brandy from the French r

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, you are going at the best time too!

Where abouts are you visiting?

Yeah that's what I've heard, middle of summer -- it seems to me like it'd be awfully hot though! But I am so looking forward to it. :D

I'm going to Melbourne because I'm travelling with a friend who's teaching at a crystallography course there. Our respective kids are coming too (I have a son and she a daughter.) We want to see some other places as well, of course -- we're staying for three weeks or so and the course is about a week long.

Yes it is very hot, Melbourne is pretty muggy and humid as well as hot at times, very unpredictable weather, ouch, just noticed you're from Sweden!

Yes it is very hot, Melbourne is pretty muggy and humid as well as hot at times, very unpredictable weather, ouch, just noticed you're from Sweden!

Yeah lol will that make it extra hard to bear?? *shivers* And where are you from btw?

To keep this on topic: what beers should I try? And wines?

I'm an Australian teen, so I would have selected 5 if possible...

But I've definitely gotten over the whole get hammered for the sake of it phase that mostly everyone I know went through, generally from ages 15-17.

Legal drinking age here is 18 and I can safely say that since about 80% of my friends are 18 this year, I will be getting very drunk fairly often :P

I don't really drink to get drunk these days, it's more going to parties, knowing I will drink, and just accpeting that I will pass out later on as an inevitability :P

But I do love my beer, and when I get going cannot be stopped, stereotpye/

LOL, well just be safe dude ;)

Yeah lol will that make it extra hard to bear?? *shivers* And where are you from btw?

To keep this on topic: what beers should I try? And wines?

I'm not Australian, but I'd be remiss in not mentioning one of the best red wines in the world (at least in my opinion), the Australian Shiraz!

Edited by AFriendlyFace

What kind of beer you should try?

Easy... Alexander Keith Red

Omg.... I love it. I had two pints of it at the pub.

But beer are so damn expensive...I paid $13 just for two.

Unless I get horse piss drinks like Molson or Lablatt...$4 a piece but it's not worth giving up quality to save money. :rolleyes:

La Belle Gueule Rousse is my next favorite.

So yeah I love Canadian beer.

What kind of beer you should try?

Easy... Alexander Keith Red

Omg.... I love it. I had two pints of it at the pub.

But beer are so damn expensive...I paid $13 just for two.

Unless I get horse piss drinks like Molson or Lablatt...$4 a piece but it's not worth giving up quality to save money. :rolleyes:

La Belle Gueule Rousse is my next favorite.

So yeah I love Canadian beer.

I usually drink hards, but beer Heni all the way!

I'm a country girl all the way, so either Budwieser or Miller. But on occasion, I absolutely LOVE Guiness. Love it. It's strong though.

As for wines, I have a thing for the fruity wanna bes. To be precise, Abour Mist. I like the White zymphadel (I know, wrong spelling. Sorry) or the Berry Merlot. I don't like the others. To....iffy for me. It's so hard to find a good chardanay to. I'm about ready to scream for one.

I like mixed drinks though. White Russian, Black Russian, Mud slide, margaritas, pina coladas, Screaming Orgasam, ect.

I'm a country girl all the way, so either Budwieser or Miller. But on occasion, I absolutely LOVE Guiness. Love it. It's strong though.

As for wines, I have a thing for the fruity wanna bes. To be precise, Abour Mist. I like the White zymphadel (I know, wrong spelling. Sorry) or the Berry Merlot. I don't like the others. To....iffy for me. It's so hard to find a good chardanay to. I'm about ready to scream for one.

I like mixed drinks though. White Russian, Black Russian, Mud slide, margaritas, pina coladas, Screaming Orgasam, ect.

B) ......Hope there's no quiz on this!! :P

Wine------Any good Cabarnet (Aussies had a good one few years back)

Beer------Miller LIte (Ok, I'm biased, but no beer gut)

Liquors----Dom's B & B

Scotch----Johnny Walker Swing (If you can still find it)

Vodka-----(hate the stuff)

Bourbon---Jim Beam

:wacko: ...........Not in order or all at same time!

It's so hard to find a good chardanay to. I'm about ready to scream for one.

Chardonnay is my favourite wine.

My personal all around favourites in terms of price (not too expensive), convenience (easy to find), and taste (delicious!) would have to be Kendall-Jackson and Woodbridge. They're both very good, reasonably priced, and as I said EASY to find at most any restaurant or store that sells wine.

Chateau Ste. Michelle also makes a delicious chardonnay.

Surprisingly the Barefoot brand is also drinkable, it's not all that great and certainly something I wouldn't want to 'treat' myself with, but if someone is having some I don't mind having a glass. A word of warning though, drink it while it's cold! The longer it sits out the less palatable it becomes.

Another good, economical option is Jacob's Creek. I've always been partial to this one because it's so delicate. It's hard to actively dislike it even if you're not a big fan.

Those are some of my favourites as well! Indeed mudslides and margaritas have been two of my favourites for as long as I've been drinking. I would have to add Cosmos and pomegranate martinis to the list as well though.

I'd love to have a screaming orgasm...sounds delightful.

I have been alive for 19 years and to this very day I have not had a sip of alcohol. I am pretty sure everyone already knows this, though. I don't plan on drinking ever. I think it's disgusting but that's just my opinion I guess.

I have not tried their Shiraz, but I thought their chardonnay was nasty. I might give the Shiraz a try now. It had better be good, Jack. poke-poke.gif

I didn't like the other Yellow Tail wines, but I love the Shiraz... :blink:

I have been alive for 19 years and to this very day I have not had a sip of alcohol. I am pretty sure everyone already knows this, though. I don't plan on drinking ever. I think it's disgusting but that's just my opinion I guess.

It's probably better for your liver, Patrick. I say kudos to you. :2thumbs:

The Yellow Tail Shiraz is good; I've had it before too.

I didn't like the other Yellow Tail wines, but I love the Shiraz... :blink:

I guess I'll have to try the Shiraz then. It sounds really yummy. I have to agree about the chardonnay and merlot. They are nasty. There is a chardonnay I like. I just wish I remembered the brand. I can tell you that it's in a mini bottle. If I drink 2 of those, I'm feeling pretty good. I really do feel like getting drunk. Sorry Patrick, but we can't all be good boyz. :P