After so many years, the world of DO is...over.

These stories might be 'just internet fiction', but they were some of the best i've ever read.

I started reading the series by accident, actually. I did a search for the TV series of the same name and up popped a link to this story...I quickly became an addict, reading about 20 chapters in 12 hours...back when the chapters were a bit longer ;)

After the first gorge, it was a process of waiting, sometimes patiently, sometimes not, for the next installment. The gaps could be days, coul;d grow into weeks and months, but eventually there was always the excitement of seeing "Chapter 12" where once there had been a blank space; a new button to press the the promise of more Davey and Brian to come.

In the time I have waited to learn more about Davey Jones and Brian Breckenridge, I have also grown. From being a highschool student, awkward, a little pretentious and unsure of who I was, through to a wandering backpacker in south america to a uni student with a great partner and confidence in my role in the world, not much has remained stable. I've moved to a different city, with a new circle of friends and new passions, tastes and interests. Yet this story has always been there, and it will always be.

One day i'll end up in Eureka, Nevada; Modesto or Moscow; and I'll remember once more the tragedy and the comedy, the drama and the joviality of the series.

Enough pantsing around...

Thank you, Dan; well done.