[Gabriel Morgan] Chapter 31

This is an awesome chapter. It brought tears and laughter, both, in the first few paragraphs. I love what the guys are doing for these kids with the money. The way their relationship keeps building to include Jeff is so cool. We should all be lucky enough to experience close knit friendships like this. I look forward to seeing how Jeff handles the situation with Conrad. You are an interesting author, Gabriel. :)

Lissa

I treasure the handful of close friends I've acquired over the years, and had in mind from the beginning of PH for the story to be almost as much about the four of them as it was about J and E.

I had a poor-side-of-the-tracks childhood like Jeff, altho not as physically difficult, but college was not an option and I really envy people like Duncan their more comprehensive educations. So... that worked its way into PH. Obviously something I haven't totally dealt with yet. Writing as therapy...

I seem to keep putting off the confrontation with Conrad, but I guess I need to cover it in ch 32, which I haven't started yet. Conrad is a reader who chewed my butt every time a new chapter didn't appear soon enough for him. We had several interesting email conversations, and I offered him a guest appearance.

Thanks for the good words (I think). The old Chinese proverb 'may you live in interesting times' makes me think that maybe calling me an 'interesting' author isn't totally a compliment :P .

Glad you're enjoying the story.

Gabriel

Guest mizone40

Hey Gabriel.

I want to agree with Lissa's comments on your lastest chapter. It was excellent as is your usual standard. I'am also excited to see what, if anything, comes of the Conrad situation. Maybe Evan can do some rescuing of Jeff??

Also congrats on your short story being selected for the Michael Breyette anthology.

Cheers SJ

Hi SJ - thanks for the good words. All sorts of Conrad scenarios are rolling around in my head. Not sure yet which one will end up on paper, but nothing too dire.

Michael Breyette's story challenge was interesting. The toughest part was choosing a painting. I went thru his galleries many times until I kept coming back to the same one. Once I settled on that painting, the story sort of developed itself. No telling when it'll actually get published.

G

• 1 month later...

Heidi said: i have to say i'm kind of fond of conrad :-)

Well, you're the only one who is, lol. I've gotten nothing but hate mail about the guy. "I hope Jeff beats the crap outta him." "I wish Conrad would fall off the face of the earth." Needless to say, the real Conrad got quite a kick out of stirring things up so much.

Heidi said: i hope jeff will learn to accept himself...

Jeff's a good guy, but not real given to looking within and figuring himself out. It'll take some doing for him to get his head around his time with Conrad. But, this being lovey-dovey fiction, as Conrad grumblingly refers to it, he eventually will, with Evan's help.

Thanks for reading - I'm glad you're enjoying the story.