Potatoes and Gerbils

This a thread for stories about people who put items like gerbils, potatoes, jars of jelly, flowers, light bulbs, and other objects or creatures in places where they do not belong. Also, songs about such things might be amusing as well. It's a reminder to us all how stupid some people really are.

Here is a story from The Sun, a newspaper website in the UK.

The clergyman told stunned casualty nurses he fell backwards on to his kitchen table while hanging curtains.

He happened to be nude at the time of the mishap.

The embarrassed reverend, in his 50s, had to undergo a delicate operation to extract the offending vegetable.

The spud was yesterday revealed to be among a litany of objects medics in Sheffield have removed from people

This a thread for stories about people who put items like gerbils, potatoes, jars of jelly, flowers, light bulbs, and other objects or creatures in places where they do not belong. Also, songs about such things might be amusing as well. It's a reminder to us all how stupid some people really are.

Here is a story from The Sun, a newspaper website in the UK.

This song is hilarious. It's called

The term 'newspaper' is a very kind one when talking about The Sun!

Regarding the Russian Doll....did just one come out or did they open that up and find another, then another? LOL

Regarding the Russian Doll....did just one come out or did they open that up and find another, then another? LOL

We have the Sun here in the USA, California to be exact. At my grocer's it's on the rack at the checkout lane...people usually buy it because it's cheaper than a newspaper and they usually pick it out to line their birdcages with.

Okay, it's a tabloid. As for the Russian doll, I really don't want to know. :lmao:

We have the Sun here in the USA, California to be exact. At my grocer's it's on the rack at the checkout lane...people usually buy it because it's cheaper than a newspaper and they usually pick it out to line their birdcages with.

LOL!!

Okay, it's a tabloid. As for the Russian doll, I really don't want to know. :lmao:

Well if you read it online, then you didn't pay for it, so that's ok. ;-)

The story you mentioned though, reminds me of that youtube vid that was doing the rounds, a few months ago. It was of some guy in the hospital theatre having a deodrant can removed from where it er ..shouldn't have been. I believe he was suing the hospital because he never agreed to having the whole unfortunate incident filmed! Someone sent the vid to me, but I didn't get past the first few seconds. I'm a bit squeamish.

• 1 month later...

You can add toy car to the list. I believe that was done on the show "Jackass". A boy put a toy car up his back end and went for x-rays. The doctor could not stop laughing.

There was also a case where a few people tried to put an air compressor hose somewhere it did not belong. This one actualy killed someone.

There was also the "Bevis and Buthead" episode where Bevis thinks that witches put brooms in their rear ends. He admits to getting a splinter.

Finally there was someone on the radio (tv?) who said something like this: "I don't know where the remote control is but I think it must be in my butt because everytime I role over in bed the TV gets louder."

...Anyway take the gerbil guy's advice and leave the live animals out of it. That should probably go for dead animals too.

There was also a case where a few people tried to put an air compressor hose somewhere it did not belong. This one actualy killed someone.

OMG!!!! I can't believe some people can be so stupid!