Dog brutally murdered in Dallas

Tiger

This is just unthinkable. This guy murdered a dog. :angry:

Dallas police may file criminal charges against a man accused of throwing a dog off a freeway overpass.

It's at least a 50-foot drop from Spur 408 to I-20. But that's where officers found a lab-terrier mix that police say was tortured in an act of rage.

Officers found the dog's remains on I-20 and say in a police report that the animal's "broken teeth and landing position coincided with being thrown."

"In my opinion this would constitute torture," said James Bias of the SPCA of Texas. "A reasonable person trying to euthanize their pet for humane reasons would not throw them off of a freeway."

Bias is among those outraged by what happened over the weekend.

Police say a couple that lives in a nearby apartment complex was arguing when 26-year-old Kelan Logan took the dog to the Spur 408 bridge.

A police report says he called the woman who owned Pablo the Dog and she "could hear cars in the background and could hear the dog whimpering in the background."

Seconds later, the reports say he told her, "Your dog is dead you will never see him again."

No one answered the door at the couple's apartment.

The woman who owned Pablo would only say no comment when we called.

Someone left a bouquet at the scene where the dog plummeted more than 50 feet to its death.

There are also signs of the crime scene work conducted by police that some hope will lead to the arrest of the person responsible.

Animal torture is a felony that can lead to jail time.

At this point, the case has been assigned to a detective, but no arrest has been made.

Source: http://cbs11tv.com/pets/Dallas.Dog.tortured.2.936571.html

• Site Administrator
On the other hand, it's preferable that he threw the dog off the overpass, and not the woman.

A few weeks ago, a man threw his four year old daughter off a bridge here in Melbourne. He had been fighting with his estranged wife. The approach by some people who saw what happened is believed to have saved the lives of his other two kids.... They arrested him soon afterwards, but the last I heard he hadn't spoken a word since the incident. :(

A few weeks ago, a man threw his four year old daughter off a bridge here in Melbourne. He had been fighting with his estranged wife. The approach by some people who saw what happened is believed to have saved the lives of his other two kids.... They arrested him soon afterwards, but the last I heard he hadn't spoken a word since the incident. :(

Oh, eck. Some people. That's sickening. The dog thing too, but... *retch*

Funny, a few months ago, a 23 yr old man kidnapped a 1 year old boy and threw him over a bridge and onto the freeway.

What's even worse, this 23 year old? I went to highschool with him...

It's a very scary world we live in.